Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Well guys, I'm at it again, when trying to create a 10.8 usb installer, and grabbing the latest pkg here, I got the same issue that happened the last time I tried a pkg here. System became pretty unresponsive, and while the Cham installer prob finished, it couldn't unmount the EFI partition and froze.

The last time this happened, we never got to the bottom of things. I ended up doing an archive install. The entire discussion between me and my Blackosx starts at this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075&st=1160&p=1796264&&do=findComment&comment=1796264

This is the same system. Very vanilla install. The only out of normal thing may be using TrimEnabler, but I don't know how that would conflict. Maybe through some IOAHCI kext? haha I have no idea.

I don't want this to happen again! =(. I should just go back to doing manual installs heh, why does it do anything to the EFI partition anyways? bah. Rant over.

Anyone with DSDT loading issues, make sure you've adhered to one of the recent changes...

Here's a quote from the AcpiCodec module readme.txt

AcpiCodec module: (Warning: acpi signature not implemented)

------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: 1- with AcpiCodec all aml files must be placed in /Extra/Acpi/, alternate or overridden path is no longer supported

2- the name of the aml file(s) is not important anymore but it must contain the extention .aml, for example let suppose that you have 3 aml files: dsdt.aml, ssdt-0.aml and ssdt-1.aml you can rename your dsdt file into blablabr.aml, and rename your ssdt files into blablablaen.aml and blablablablada.aml, acpicodec will auto-magically detect those files as 2 ssdt and one dsdt

So the solution is as Chameleon issue #275

You'll either want to remove the ACPICodec.dylib module, or move your *.aml files into /Extra/ACPI/

• Like 1

I have probs with 10.8.2 kernel (10.8.1 works).

Booting KPs very early stage - before any kext is initalised so an kernel/chameleon prob i think.

Why does chimera/chameleon load kernelcache twice (bdmsg) and only boots ok if i enable -v (verbose). otherwise KP?.

boot: Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 290 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist] 572 bytes.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes.

Loading Darwin 10.8

Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes. (WHATS THAT?!)

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 16606187 bytes. (16M kernel cache file = OK)

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 11840 bytes.

Using PCI-Root-UID value: 1

nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB NV94 [10de:0622] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

LAN Controller [10ec:8168] :: PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Setting up lan keys

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/Extra/smbios.plist] 839 bytes.

Intel P35/G33 DRAM Controller [8086:29c0] at 00:00.0

@EnzoFX - Sorry to hear you've had the same problem as before. More tests do need to be conducted to find this bug, however I haven't even looked at the package installer scripts for maybe 5-6 months. And to be honest I haven't used the package installer since then either. Maybe I can find time to have a look at the scripts, though for now, I suggest you stick to installing the latest binaries manually.

For creating a 10.8 bootable USB installer - I recommend using Conti's latest myhack.

@mitch_de - Can you raise your 10.8.2 boot problem as an issue at the Chameleon forge?

Hi mitch

I've just looked at my Chameleon boot log from booting 10.8.1 for comparison to yours.

Here's the same section from mine that you posted above.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist] 232 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist] 513 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache] 17342140 bytes.
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
GeForce 8800 GT 512MB NV92 [10de:0611]-[1462:1170] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device number: 1
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Extra/smbios.plist] 802 bytes.
Intel NHM IMC DRAM Controller [8086:3405] at 00:00.0

It looks identical so I don't think that log shows anything about your problem with the 10.8.2 beta you're trying to boot.

I have probs with 10.8.2 kernel (10.8.1 works).

same problem:

my system is Supermicro C2SBX (X38/ich9r) E8400 8GB DDR3

this beta update 10.8.2 hangs my boot

my tested bootloader: Enoch 1970,2035,2044,2050,chimera 1,1

fakesmc is kozlek

symptoms:

-v boot hangs over:

SMC: Succesfully Initialized

waitForSystemMapper

Backtrace 0xffffff8000588f7e

sorry my bad english.

all other osx 10.6.x-10.7.x-10.8.1 working without problem

You have not the same problem - my 10.8.2 boots with -v (verbose), only KP is not useing -v (verbose)

I got order from the voodooproject team to test kernelflag keepsyms=y without -v

GREAT !!

keepsyms=y without -v helps to avoid KP

Starting Darwin x86_64

Boot Args: boot-uuid=E77BB132-241B-37E0-99B9-4B6CBE286A69 rd=*uuid keepsyms=y

Hope that helps the devs to find out what problem upcoming with 10.8.2 (on maybe some system).

Q: Does anyone knows whats that keepsyms=y kernel flag does?

You have not the same problem - my 10.8.2 boots with -v (verbose), only KP is not useing -v (verbose)

I got order from the voodooproject team to test kernelflag keepsyms=y without -v

im tested this bootflag and boot hangs :(

boot only safe mode. im attached bootlog please help me.

and attached 10.8.1 device and loaded kext info

Thanks

safebootlog.rtf

post-470453-0-05085200-1345997099_thumb.png

post-470453-0-97721600-1345997108_thumb.png

Q: Does anyone knows whats that keepsyms=y kernel flag does?

im tested this bootflag and boot hangs :(

boot only safe mode. im attached bootlog please help me.

and attached 10.8.1 device and loaded kext info

Thanks

Per Evan Lojewski:

keepsyms=y is supported in pretty much every version in xnu.
It's certainly supported in any 10.4+ version

It's not a workaround for the panic, it's meant to print out more
useful debugging information when it does panic.

Would you please post the panic that you do get with no kernel flags
as well as the kernel version you are using.

Per Evan Lojewski:

keepsyms=y is supported in pretty much every version in xnu.
It's certainly supported in any 10.4+ version

It's not a workaround for the panic, it's meant to print out more
useful debugging information when it does panic.

Would you please post the panic that you do get with no kernel flags
as well as the kernel version you are using.

Hi im trying boot without any boot flag . boot hangs without any information.grey screen apple logo circle bar is work no harddisk activity. im wait 10 minutes and reset...

boot verbose:

-v boot hangs over:

SMC: Succesfully Initialized

waitForSystemMapper

Backtrace 0xffffff8000588f7e

:blink:

Anyone with DSDT loading issues, make sure you've adhered to one of the recent changes...

Here's a quote from the AcpiCodec module readme.txt

So the solution is as Chameleon issue #275

blackosx,

Thanks. I missed that change - it would be nice if "major" changes that break boot could be highlighted like having to move the location of the DSDT.aml file.

Anyway, I'm back up and booting fine with 2050.

Regards,

SMF

How do I view the Chameleon boot log please, does it have to be enabled?

Hey Dan

You need to use the Chameleon bdmesg binary. It can be found in the built Chameleon binaries folder /sym/i386/

Another way would be to run DarwinDumper - it's an app which scans your system for all system info. It's very useful for gathering an overall record of your system and also very handy when troubleshooting as you can post the zip file to help others gain an understanding of your setup. It's been in constant development or a while and nearing a point for creating a topic in the New Releases section here... watch this space :)

it would be nice if "major" changes that break boot could be highlighted..

I agree with you.

ATM the only way is to keep an eye on the notes for each trunk commit at the forge

Good to hear you are getting some help mitch_de. If you can give meklort everything he needs then hopefully a solution will be found for when 10.8.2 is released.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting a report gulag.

From your report, I can see:

1 - ErmaC's Chameleon branch; enoch now identifies itself as 'Apple' and not 'Chameleon'. That's something the script is going to have to adapt for…

2 - There are some unrecognised boot files:

/Volumes/Installer/boot

/Volumes/ML Beta/boot

/Volumes/ML HD/boot

I would like DarwinDumper to identify them. Do you know what they are and would you mind putting them in a folder and posting them?

Okay thanks. But can you please post the boot files?

Can you open Terminal and copy and paste each line, followed by return?

mkdir -p ~/Desktop/gulag_boot_Files/Installer ~/Desktop/gulag_boot_Files/MLBeta ~/Desktop/gulag_boot_Files/MLHD
cp /Volumes/Installer/boot ~/Desktop/gulag_boot_Files/Installer
cp /Volumes/ML\ Beta/boot ~/Desktop/gulag_boot_Files/MLBeta
cp /Volumes/ML\ HD/boot ~/Desktop/gulag_boot_Files/MLHD

Then:

- right-click the 'gulag_boot_Files' folder on your desktop

- select Compress "gulag_boot_Files"

- Attach to post here.