Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

lol you saw my message before i deleted it ; in fact i was wondering something.. per example, some adobe products can use Cuda with compliant cards ; but a program use generic names like "Geforce GTX 580" ; it was the reason i removed my message :)

Anyway, works like a charm and i keep it now ;)

8wh7w8.jpg

Best regards.

lol you saw my message before i deleted it ; in fact i was wondering something.. per example, some adobe products can use Cuda with compliant cards ; but a program use generic names like "Geforce GTX 580" ; it was the reason i removed my message :)

Anyway, works like a charm and i keep it now ;)

Nice to know.

Just a info... we can put any name we want... this mechanism is useful to match the exact card between a lot with the same ID...

probably the utility you refer (Adobe Product) just match the deviceID and "report" his generic card family (in your case GeForce GTX 580)...

Fabio

PS: I will add this new SubsID also in the main trunk soon.

Update

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.

Fabio

• Like 1

Thanks Fabio,

can you add support for ICH8?

Otherwise I need a patched IOPCIFamily.kext, this things causes trouble on my Aspire 5920G.

I already tried:

npci=0x2000

npci=0x3000

CSTUsingSystemIO=Yes

ForceHPET=Yes

DropSSDT=Yes

in various combinations, but no success. Sometimes it boots, but next time I start the laptop it breaks at loading IOPCIFamily.kext, or it hangs at

PCI configuration begin

best regards

Don't know if this is Chameleon dependent o not

My CPU Core i7-640M detected little bit wrong, with Chameleon its 2.79Ghz with Clover it's always 2.8Ghz as it should be

Can it be fixed?

Clover

post-120553-0-04435900-1345628135_thumb.jpg

Chameleon

post-120553-0-01079300-1345628157_thumb.png

Thanks!

Don't know if this is Chameleon dependent o not

My CPU Core i7-640M detected little bit wrong, with Chameleon its 2.79Ghz with Clover it's always 2.8Ghz as it should be

Can it be fixed?

Please try with Enoch.

Fabio

little off topic:

New 10.8.2 KPs, but if i use -v (verbose) it runs well ?! Can it be some chameleon related or timing problem , because the KP seems to be very early in the boot process (i believe not .kext related - by kernel itself).

I discuss that here: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=282199

I have some major probs with 2050 (went back to 2035).

If i put WAIT=Yes i can see lot of probs:

1. PCI is set to 0 , not 1 as with 2035

2. Graphicsenabler (always worked) not working (blank screen) (wellknown NVidia 9600 GT)

3. C+Pstates not gererated error , some unknown CPU pattern ... C2D 7300

Same dsdt + cam.plist works with 2035.

Hi devs can you explain how to disable internal Nvidia LCD on laptop with NVCAP section in dsdt?

On Lenovo T510 i have two DP on dock station and when internal LCD works I'm not able to use two external displays until I disable LCD (under windows it works fine with closing lid)

Chameleon GraphicsEnabler can do both NVCAP and display-cfg overriding via /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

If you're using DSDT for graphics injection then your question has nothing to do with what's being discussed in this topic.

Please start a new topic in the nvidia or DSDT sub-forum.