Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Hello to all, with a motherboard asus P8H61-I LX, with an I5 2400, it is impossible to me to boot with the kernel intel and enoch or chameleon. This with yosemite or other, I can boot with Kernels AMD with enoch or chameleon. With Clover  Kernels Intel are very well. Have you information or solutions to be able to use Enoch or Chameleon with kernels intel. Thank you for your answers.

Thank you I tried with KernelcpuFamily=YES in kernel.plist but similar. With the kernel intel all unwinds well but he(it) does not arrive has to open the graphic controller NVIDIA with GraphicsEnabler=yes. With a graphics board ATI the same problem.

Thank you for your  past time

• Like 1

Before this post I can only use Clover v.3763 to get it working.

I have added FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules and NvramFile.kext (in both /S/L/E & /L/E)

Caution: these should be correct versions from El capitan (not working from Yosemite's)

then set sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1 in Terminal

It will create a new nvram.xxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra

After reboot by Enoch r2839 the newest Nvidia Web Drivers working now !

Thank you very much for such an advice.

I tried it too and it works for me. Everything works fine in Sierra 10.12.1

I used Chameleon (and Enoch) for years now on this mobo (see my sig) and it's faster than Clover wich i tried for installing Sierra. (I don't know how to configure it best for my mobo but I recognize the hard work of developpers, and it help me for installing OS on USB stick)

Thank you Enoch and thanks to Mitch_de for the trick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, anyone got NvidiaWeb drivers loaded with Sierra final?

Seems that  nvda_drv=1 not working anymore :(

Clover has some changes and use new way to get it working

Got it fixed using the nvram ... dlib (in /Extra/modules) plus the NvramFile.kext (in /L/E) and setting sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1.

EDIT:

After installing both, the .dlib in /EXTRA/modules and the .kext in /L/E ( i think it is enough, better to install it only in /L/E , for me works in El Capitan und Sierra this way),

nothing change and no .plist was created. So i thougth it didnt work - but was i wrong :)

Because the new nvram.xxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra will only (first time) created  if you change or add something in the nvram by sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 ( sudo nvram variable value) for example.

After that reboot again and now the both "plugins" read the .plist at boottime and set the nvram values read from that .plist.

i uploaded the used and working set (El Captitan version):

attachicon.gifFileNVRAM_El_Capitan for chameleon.zip

Ive tried this multiple times with my hack and i still just cant get my nvidia drivers to load. Im using Latest enoch, Installed the nvram.kext and nvram module, nvda_drv=1 loads in NVRAM, i can see the values load. But my system always defaults to OSX driver. Any ideas? El Capitan runs flawless with my same setup on a separate HD and also Yosemite. 

AMDFX 8350

Gigabyte 990fx

Nvidia GTX 980

16GB 1866RAM

May be this helps?

System      Variable   Value
ElCapitan   boot-args  nvda_drv=1
Sierra      nvda_drv   '1'

Got it! You the man! Thanks for your help. Ive been beating my head on my keyboard trying to get my drivers to load. Never had this issue before. Thanks again!!

don't work for me, sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

dont make the Nvidia driver on Sierra load

I had to download the 2 files linked a few posts back. Nvram.kext and nvram.dylib files. Put the kext in L/E and put the nvram.dylib in E/Modules. "Create a folder named modules in Extra folder if there isn't one there. Then clear all caches and prelinked kernel via terminal commands. Then open terminal back up and type " sudo nvram nvda_drv=1" hit enter. This will create a nvram plist in the extra folder. Go to nvidia app control and select nvidia web driver and Reboot. I still type nvda_drv=1 in my bootloader screen just for sake.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

For someone reason this tutorial dont work for me.

the nvram.plist has created.

I follow the instructions  but  ever I reboot de hackintosh  the Nvidia web driver dont load.

after I type sudo nvram nada_drv=1  the nvramme return   one add option: the line  nvda_drv = <31>

and the Nvidia panel  show me the web driver  like  a driver and not  default OS X  but 

after the reboot  the default driver is load and  the option nvda_drv=1  despair of my nvram

post-1716657-0-55850400-1479143434_thumb.png

For someone reason this tutorial dont work for me.

the nvram.plist has created.

I follow the instructions  but  ever I reboot de hackintosh  the Nvidia web driver dont load.

after I type sudo nvram nada_drv=1  the nvramme return   one add option: the line  nvda_drv = <31>

and the Nvidia panel  show me the web driver  like  a driver and not  default OS X  but 

after the reboot  the default driver is load and  the option nvda_drv=1  despair of my nvram

What model GPU are you using? And what smbios are you using also?

my gpu is a Nvidia gtx 770 4gb ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462

and my smbios i used MacBook Pro 10.1 and iMac 14.2

on elcaptain the gpu work fine on theses smbios

You may want to try the iMac 14.2 smbios for sierra. That's what I switched to and I also edited the applegraphicspowermanagement.kext info plist with my device ID of my GPU. If you need help doing that let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hint: The nvidia driver may also be not loaded by not "fitting" Nvidia Web driver version to the installed (Beta) OS version!

Nvida web driver checks at startup Mac OS version against the web driver Mac OS S version - if not same = Web driver is not loaded.

I would that check first - it can be that your nvram things already work, but driver load fails because not correct Nvidia driver version.

Check NVDAStartupWeb.kext , info.plist value for the ..required OS version . Must same as your installed OS version (( or patch the info.plist for correct Mac OS X version)). 

common problem, even nvram works, if you update Mac OS and nvidia web drivers are not also updated ( or patch the info.plist for correct Mac OS X version)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, anyone got NvidiaWeb drivers loaded with Sierra final?

Seems that  nvda_drv=1 not working anymore :(

Clover has some changes and use new way to get it working

Got it fixed using the nvram ... dlib (in /Extra/modules) plus the NvramFile.kext (in /L/E) and setting sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1.

EDIT:

After installing both, the .dlib in /EXTRA/modules and the .kext in /L/E ( i think it is enough, better to install it only in /L/E , for me works in El Capitan und Sierra this way),

nothing change and no .plist was created. So i thougth it didnt work - but was i wrong :)

Because the new nvram.xxxxxxxx.plist in /Extra will only (first time) created  if you change or add something in the nvram by sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 ( sudo nvram variable value) for example.

After that reboot again and now the both "plugins" read the .plist at boottime and set the nvram values read from that .plist.

i uploaded the used and working set (El Captitan version):

attachicon.gifFileNVRAM_El_Capitan for chameleon.zip

My computer configuration: motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 graphics: GTX960 CPU: I5-4690 memory: 24 g

I use Chameleon installation Sierra 10.12.1, com Chameleon. Boot. The Kernel in the plist Flags added nvda_drv = 1, then I enter the system and install NVIDIA Web Driver, select NVIDIA display, after restart or the Default display (and turned back to OS X Default Graphics Driver), try several times for no reason

The above is my problem now!!!

I understand that the conclusion is this:

Copy attachment inside of modules to my system disk extra inside, then put FileNVRAM. Kext on/L/E /, you can use the NVIDIA Web Driver?

• 2 weeks later...

My computer configuration: motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 graphics: GTX960 CPU: I5-4690 memory: 24 g

I use Chameleon installation Sierra 10.12.1, com Chameleon. Boot. The Kernel in the plist Flags added nvda_drv = 1, then I enter the system and install NVIDIA Web Driver, select NVIDIA display, after restart or the Default display (and turned back to OS X Default Graphics Driver), try several times for no reason

The above is my problem now!!!

I understand that the conclusion is this:

Copy attachment inside of modules to my system disk extra inside, then put FileNVRAM. Kext on/L/E /, you can use the NVIDIA Web Driver?

Install the nvramfile.kext in S/L/E and install the dlib file in extra folder. Clear all cache and prelinked kernel via terminal. Then open terminal back up. Type in sudo nvram nvda_drv=1, then hit enter. Then close terminal. Click on your nvidia web driver app in system preferences and select it to boot with nvidia web drivers and restart. When your bootloader comes up it "should" have nvda_drv=1 already typed in the boot arg line. Just hit enter and boot to that drive. should be good to go then..

• 4 weeks later...

Recovery

attachicon.gifrecovery.png

rebooted

attachicon.gifrebooted.png

but actually I had CsrActiveConfig=67 in ocBp

Sorry to not have still tested the csr-active-config=%80%00%00%00 in Clover, really no opportunity to do this today for some reasons... and even now, I go to bed (I'm on bed) ...sorry

EDIT

I'm on 10.11.1 but my Recovery comes from 10.11 GM candidate I guess

This still works?  I got "devfs_kernel_mount kernel_mount failed 2" with Sierra.

This still works?  I got "devfs_kernel_mount kernel_mount failed 2" with Sierra.

Sorry but I don't even remembar. For the recovery look in App Store.app, you should see an update for it. About "devfs_kernel_mount kernel_mount failed 2" i guess is a USB port restriction issue, not fixable by the bootloader.

Guys any problems injecting kexts from Extra/Extensions in 10.12.4 beta?