DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

remove EvOreboot and NullCPUPowerManagement

read it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...258611&st=0

Thanks! My system now works without Ev0reboot and NCPM with speedstepper installed and sleep works perfectly with all fans/lights turning off but the problem I have left is that my system doesn't seem to fully wake-up, fans/lights turn on and hdd activity led also comes alive but there's no lcd display and lights on my usb keyboard and mouse. any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! My system now works without Ev0reboot and NCPM with speedstepper installed and sleep works perfectly with all fans/lights turning off but the problem I have left is that my system doesn't seem to fully wake-up, fans/lights turn on and hdd activity led also comes alive but there's no lcd display and lights on my usb keyboard and mouse. any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

I am planning to change my buggy Gigabyte Z68 board to this Asrock one.

It's this board fully working for you? (Lion/SL)

best

Anyone knows if there's a way to fix PCI Configuration Begin bug, some say that this has to be fixed with Device (PCI) changing _ADR to _UID or adding _UID.

The problem is that my motherboard seems to have it but still hangs on PCI Configuration Begin

here's my DSDT unpatched for Intel DP45SG motherboard.

Your trouble fixed a long time ago. On applelife. In theme for this board.

• 3 weeks later...

For a while (hundreds of pages) - MaLdOn was patching our DSDT's for us if we upp'd our files to him.

He had a heart attack (this was a joke by him) because of all of the work I am betting. (maybe no one donated $$ to him to make it worth his while? I did)

I had wanted to be more self sufficient anyhow and would love to be able to patch my own DSDT, problem is, when I asked about "Out of all the patches available, how do I now which ones to apply" I was told to RTFM and use the search function.

I have an AMD system that I actually have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 running on, with some flaws of course.

I can't find anyone else in the WORLD that is running the same motherboard in a Hackintosh configuration scenario, so I don't have any community help at all on this one.

My motherboard is an MSI 890FXA-GD70:

Chipset: AMD® 890FX and SB850

Audio: Realtek® ALC889

LAN: Realtek PCI-E 8111DL

I am currently running a Phenom II 555 BE - and as I stated before, I actually have SL 10.6.8 running right now.

Could anyone give me any pointers, given the patches available, which ones I should apply myself to my DSDT?

Many thanks!

Segen_Unpatched_MSI890FXA_GD70_DSDT.zip

EDIT/ADD:

The main problem I am having is graphic artifacts/freezes.

I am using an NVIDIA GTX 275, and it shows under System Profiler in full glory with proper model #, RAM amount etc. After a random amount of time, my windows will look all "sliced up" for lack of a better term, like broken shard of glass, and some of the "shards" will slightly fall down over other areas of the window (sounds crazy I know).

Sometimes I can go for a few hours with no issues at all, sometimes (after a fresh reboot) I can't go for 3 minutes without the issues. I am hoping a DSDT will help assist in that area.

I wish MaLd0n well and for a speedy recovery. His work was a milestone for the Mac Clone World and will never be forgotten.

Will it be possible to have all the files and links that were on the first page of the DSDT auto patcher thread or possibly another thread started for that info?

Thanks

A quick question with regards to DSDT Editor and patcher.

When it shows 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 8 Optimizations, does that mean that there are 8 more optimizations that could be done or 8 optimizations that have been done?

For example:

MaLdOn's auto patched DSDT for my Gigabyte P55A-UD3, shows 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 5 Optimizations.

(The "AHCI SATA Orange Icon" patch worked in Lion but not in SL, when applied to this DSDT)

MacMan's DSDT for the same board, from the TMX86 DSDT database, shows 1 Error, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 32 Optimizations.

I successfully fixed the error and added sleep to MacMan's DSDT using DSDT Editor and Patcher.

Now it shows 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks but still 32 Optimizations.

Just trying to get my head around this...

When it shows 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 8 Optimizations, does that mean that there are 8 more optimizations that could be done or 8 optimizations that have been done?

Means that the compiler did 8 optimizations.

AML Code Generation:
 -oa			Disable all optimizations (compatibility mode)
 -of			Disable constant folding
 -oi			Disable integer optimization to Zero/One/Ones
 -on			Disable named reference string optimization

Means that the compiler did 8 optimizations.

AML Code Generation:
  -oa			Disable all optimizations (compatibility mode)
  -of			Disable constant folding
  -oi			Disable integer optimization to Zero/One/Ones
  -on			Disable named reference string optimization

Thanks for the reply!

So the compiler actually makes more optimizations that will end up in the resulting saved DSDT?

DSDT Editor is a very good tool but I'm still trying to get my head around it!

If I use -oa it says "0 optimizations", while without that parameter it says "53 optimizations", but the resulting AML is exactly the same in both cases, so I don't know where is the difference.

But that's nothing to worry about. Even warnings should not cause any problem.

@oldnapalm,

Thank u dear.

Hello oldnapalm,

I finally got booted into OS X after 2 months of trying several ways to install, boot, etc. Now, I have a few issues still standing but am now able to get to the actual desktop screen. To start off, I need a USB fix to be applied to my dsdt.aml file and do not know how to do so. Second of all, I am having trouble doing the EDID fix for my monitor, but I'll post that in that thread. Lastly, I have a video card that will work, but I need to get my com.apple.boot.plist updated, but I do not know where, on my Mac HD, that is or how to edit it. Also, if at all possible, could someone apply the time stamp patch? My clock is constantly screwing up. And, the only way I can boot is if I do one flag of maxmem=2048, if that could be fixed or worked into DSDT or com.apple.boot.plist that would be great.

Here my dsdt.aml for my HP Pavilion DV6t-3000 CT.

dsdt.zip

Also here is my EDID info if someone needs it.

edid_Jugz.txt

I really appreciate all the help I can get. I also have the highest respect for people like you oldnapalm, MaLdOn, and El Coniglio.

Hope to hear from one of you soon,

-Jugz

hi oldnapalm

thanks for your help on AGPM

i found that notebook fan works on low level for temperature on mac than windows so that is why the fan nearly all the time is on

so i want to implant acpimonitor on my dsdt

to monitor temp and fan

then elevate threshold for fan to 55 or 60

here is acpimonitor

i dont understand how and where i must add patch to dsdt

thanks very much :D

DSDT.aml.zip

You will need to read the acpimonitor thread carefully.

If you have a more specific question I can try to help, but I can't do the work for you.

sure

i tried to read all it

but don't know from where to start

as i first added what is on first post

under scope of thermal zone

but it say that can't found PCI0.LPCB.EC.RPM1 like this so if you can explain to me if there are thing on dsdt on anther part to edit and there are thing named EC device can't find it on dsdt or i must write it

if you don't mind show me what is wrong and steps to do

thanks very much :D

See post #21. The sample on post #1 won't work for you because it's for a different chipset. You have to find the correct registers, read the chipset datasheet and define an OperationRegion/Field in DSDT if it's not already there. Once you have the registers in DSDT you can access them in device SMCD.

I'm trying to run DSDT editor in Ubuntu 11.04 and when I try to extract the DSDT I get an error that says the DSDT file doesn't seem to exist in /proc/acpi/dsdt. Indeed, there is no DSDT directory there. I tried using the acpi-dump.py script and I get a folder of aml files but they won't open in the DSDT editor. What am i doing wrong?

BTW, I'm trying to make a DSDT for my ASUS P8Z68-V (non-pro)

Thanks.

See post #21. The sample on post #1 won't work for you because it's for a different chipset. You have to find the correct registers, read the chipset datasheet and define an OperationRegion/Field in DSDT if it's not already there. Once you have the registers in DSDT you can access them in device SMCD.

i tried to search about OperationRegion on dsdt and didn't find any thing indicate monitoring :D

Can you be more specific on the USB patch you need? What problem do you want to fix?

Based on Maldon's generic patch for DV6 Core i Nehalem I believe you may need EHCI and/or UHCI patches.

Get them here

Notebook Core i Nehalem

When I boot into Mac, it is as though my USB ports are all "turned off." That is my issue. Can this be fixed with a dsdt? If so, I will just apply the patches in the link you gave me.

DSDT before patch: Jugz_b4fix_dsdt.zip

DSDT after patch: Jugz_aftefix_dsdt.zip

Could you take a look and see if everything is alright?

Thanks oldnapalm.

When I boot into Mac, it is as though my USB ports are all "turned off." That is my issue. Can this be fixed with a dsdt? If so, I will just apply the patches in the link you gave me.

DSDT before patch: Jugz_b4fix_dsdt.zip

DSDT after patch: Jugz_aftefix_dsdt.zip

Thanks oldnapalm.

dsdt.Jugz.zip

nearly my dsdt have no EmbeddedControl !!

Then you have to add it, I guess

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1016

Of course, the OperationRegion ECOR must match your chipset.

I'm trying to run DSDT editor in Ubuntu 11.04 and when I try to extract the DSDT I get an error that says the DSDT file doesn't seem to exist in /proc/acpi/dsdt. Indeed, there is no DSDT directory there. I tried using the acpi-dump.py script and I get a folder of aml files but they won't open in the DSDT editor. What am i doing wrong?

Try to run this on terminal

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > dsdt.aml

then open dsdt.aml with DSDT Editor.

Some new Linux have ACPI tables in different place, Linux version will be updated.

Looks fine, but you saved a DSL file (source) as AML (binary). After patching you have to compile and save AML.