DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

Hi again oldnapalm. I have almost everything working now. But the code above shows that my Graphics card is a little, well, puny. I got it to load but I know that something needs to go into the DSDT and cannot quite get it down. Could you take a gander and see if I did patch for HDMI video/audio alright?

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler and AtiConfig? I don't know DSDT patches for ATI video, you need to inject a large (for a DSDT) ROM image.

Hi, I found an issue about editing dsdt, the phenomenon is there are two External object in the DefinitionBlock area, look at the screenshot.
Screen_shot_2011_09_29_at_10.26.32_AM.png

when I delete one of them, i can succeed compile the dsdt, but when save it as AML file, close the DSDT Editor and reopen the new DSDT.aml file, this error appears again.

The App version is V0.6

This is done by the IASL compiler. You can try using a newer version (put in DSDT Editor.app/Contents/Resources/Java), but I think this is normal.

New release on first post.

Changes:

• new action (replace_content)
  • fixed DSDT extraction in new Linux distros
  • new font for Mac OS version
  • more auto-fixed errors
  • minor bugfixes

Thanks for the continued support :P

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler and AtiConfig? I don't know DSDT patches for ATI video, you need to inject a large (for a DSDT) ROM image.

Hi oldnaplam,

I have done GraphicsEnabler and AtiConfig=(many combination's). I have also added to com.boot AtiROMDump=Yes and loaded my rom image. I still get only that code what you see above. Others with my dv6 and 5650 have gotten it to work I simply cannot seem to get it to work. That is why I asked if there was a DSDT fix for it. I have attached my ROM file if it is somehow needed.

1002_68c1_144a103c.zip

Regards,

Jugz

Hi, are you lurking in this thread somewhere MaLd0n? :( I heard you made a dsdt for someone over at tonymac for a Vostro 3550. I have the same lappy and I've tried forever to get qe/ci working to no avail. Any chance of posting the dsdt? Since the dells are a generic model you shouldnt need my one right? I'll post it later when i get home from work if need be.

Thanks

P.S. is it just a matter of running all the scripts in the 'sand bridge' laptop section of the dsdt editor on post one of this thread? will that pretty much cover it all? or are there some other tweaks you've got up your sleeve? :)

Hi everybody,

I do have a couple of problems with my hackintosh.

first, if i'm booting directly from the machine my touchpad and keybord are not working, but if i'm booting from the boot CD everything is ok

second, i didnt get how to use the DSDT editor, have I to do all the stuf one-by-one or just what i need? and... how can i know what i need?

here a report of my machine:

Report.txt

for the moment thanks I keep trying

Some Issues: UBS not working - Lan/wifi not working - Audio not working - Alt gr not working (i need it for write @)

I cant post my send_me.zip file cause i create it but i cant use internet or USB and i cant capy it into a CD... i cant copy it into my windows 7 partition so... well you know...

• 2 weeks later...
first, if i'm booting directly from the machine my touchpad and keybord are not working, but if i'm booting from the boot CD everything is ok

You need a PS/2 kext for this (VoodooPS2).

second, i didnt get how to use the DSDT editor, have I to do all the stuf one-by-one or just what i need? and... how can i know what i need?

Just what you need. Check if you have issues that are fixable via DSDT patch. From the ones you mentioned, only USB can be patched in DSDT (EHCI and UHCI patches)

Notebook Core i Sandy Bridge

You can also try a complete patch for your hardware, try this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1754198

Some Issues: UBS not working - Lan/wifi not working - Audio not working - Alt gr not working (i need it for write @)

Your wifi is not supported in Mac OS. For LAN look for "lnx2mac". For audio use VoodooHDA. Alt key is "command" and Windows key is "option", you can invert them ("modifier keys" in keyboard prefPane or edit VoodooPS2Keyboard Info.plist)

<key>Swap command and option</key>
		<false/>

I use basically 2 aproaches.

First is trial and error. Facing a problem, search (in the forums) for DSDT patches that may fix it and test if it works. This editor should make it easy to apply patches, but you have to know which ones you need. Knowing your hardware helps a lot.

Second is using past experience. The more DSDTs you patch, the easier it becomes. If you don't have any experience you can check patches for other mobos with the same chipset. Here you can find a lot of patches from Auto-Patcher 0.6 (last version maintained by Maldon). There are patches for more than 700 mobos and laptops, there must be one with the same chipset as yours.

A little confused about this app. I've been using dsdt autopatcher by madlon. I know that automatically patches the dsdt for you after selecting your hardware. Does this do the same thing by detecting your hardware and patching? Or does one one have to manually select each patch from the list and patch that way? Thanks in advance.

You have to know which patches to apply.

You can apply them individually or create a new file with all patches needed for that mobo (separated by ";"). That's what Maldon did for more than 700 mobos and laptops.

The first step is running Mac OS on it and testing.

If power management doesn't work (need NullCPUPowerManagement) you may need patches LPC (if AppleLPC isn't loaded) and HPET (if you have "No HPET(s) available" kernel panic).

For USB problems there are EHCI, UHCI, ICH9 USB sleep, EHCI sleep/ownership.

Sleep problems are usually related to power management and USB.

If you have CMOS reset apply patch RTC.

DTGP is required by many patches.

IRQs is a "generic" patch, always used.

You may want HDEF (or AZAL to HDEF) and a codec patch if you will use patched AppleHDA, or if you just want to have audio information in System Profiler.

You can use SBUS to get SMBus kexts loaded.

There are shutdown patches (BIOS specific) you can apply if the PC doesn't turn off properly.

There are other hardware specific and some "cosmetic" patches (only fix warning and remark messages in compilation, but aren't really needed).

Unfortunately it does not detecct what patches are needed for your board. But thats a good idea. I'm definitely for it! Then we wouldn't be lost any longer without studying information technology if we don't find a patch script made by a dsdt-wizard.

This dsdt-editor can still load and apply those scripts like autopatcher (autopatcher is just a simplified version of it). See the video in the first posting. And the scripts are still there - see oldnapalms post above yours.

I just have some problems to apply a script for the Dell Vostro 3550 to the dsdt of my 3750 (I thougt that it is the same machine just with different displays). It gives me no less than 201 errors. Not bad even for me. I hope I get it somehow done or someone helps me out if I don't make it.

You have to know which patches to apply.

You can apply them individually or create a new file with all patches needed for that mobo (separated by ";"). That's what Maldon did for more than 700 mobos and laptops.

The first step is running Mac OS on it and testing.

If power management doesn't work (need NullCPUPowerManagement) you may need patches LPC (if AppleLPC isn't loaded) and HPET (if you have "No HPET(s) available" kernel panic).

For USB problems there are EHCI, UHCI, ICH9 USB sleep, EHCI sleep/ownership.

Sleep problems are usually related to power management and USB.

If you have CMOS reset apply patch RTC.

DTGP is required by many patches.

IRQs is a "generic" patch, always used.

You may want HDEF (or AZAL to HDEF) and a codec patch if you will use patched AppleHDA, or if you just want to have audio information in System Profiler.

You can use SBUS to get SMBus kexts loaded.

There are shutdown patches (BIOS specific) you can apply if the PC doesn't turn off properly.

There are other hardware specific and some "cosmetic" patches (only fix warning and remark messages in compilation, but aren't really needed).

Thanks for all the info. It was pretty helpful. Where does one put the ;. Could you show me an example of combining patches? Thanks again.

Thanks for all the info. It was pretty helpful. Where does one put the ;. Could you show me an example of combining patches? Thanks again.

Put ; after each patch that will be followed by another one. There won't be a ; only after the last patch in the file.

Example: GA G31M-S2L