DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

I'm having the same issue mathewfer had with the graphics. I followed what he did, and got the gray screen. I'm on the most recent version of Chameleon right now. I'm also using the auto patcher to fix a bios issue which works.

He used the VGA port instead of DVI one.

I checked few times & at the end, I tried the VGA port instead of DVI port (which was there from the beginning).

IT WORKED with full resolution. Looks good too. I am sure all will work now.

Did you apply the correct GMA 950 patch? (desktop, not the laptop one)

Are you using the original kexts?

Check if there's an option in BIOS to select the primary display

17384-bios_video_init01_super.jpg

I will, yes, I applied DSTP or whatever its called, fixed compiled, It had one warning about reserved method must return a value (integer/package required for_WAK), then did the desktop GMA950, compiled still had that warning, saved it, put in extra, and caused it to go to grey screen.

Idk about kexts, I haven't messed with them at all, I know I used chameleon and I have tried that patch, that's all I know.

No, I just asked if you tried typing that in the boot screen.

AFAIK the GMA950 kexts only work in 32 bit, so you'll have to add "arch=i386" to the kernel flags in com.apple.Boot.plist anyway.

In this topic they confirm this mobo as working with the DSDT patch

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1028045

Which BIOS version are you using?

Hi buresh.kevin,

Sorry that I could not reply you fast - I was away today & just got back.

I think you have found already how to apply the DSDT patch on GMA950 2772.

This forum is great - lots of experts 7 prompt support & I got almost all UP & RUNNING with my MAC OS except for wake up.

I learned it hard way that we should use stock kexts (original Apple kexts for GMA950) & to use 32bit mode.

If you do not use the Retail DVD to install, try to apply the latest update 10.6.7 & that should give to original kexts.

I am sure you will have the success soon.

Mathew

No, I just asked if you tried typing that in the boot screen.

AFAIK the GMA950 kexts only work in 32 bit, so you'll have to add "arch=i386" to the kernel flags in com.apple.Boot.plist anyway.

In this topic they confirm this mobo as working with the DSDT patch

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1028045

Which BIOS version are you using?

Alright, well my kernel panics when I try to patch dsdt with gma950 with the mobo patch already done with autopatcher.

This is the picture of the error I get.

I just checked, that when I do the mobo patch, it recognizes my Graphics card as the Desktop GMA950, but still, only one resolution option.

post-796601-1305639158_thumb.jpg

You need to apply the GMA950 desktop patch after using Auto-Patcher, it's not included in the mobo patch. You also have to use arch=i386.

Please attach your original and patched DSDT.

I'm uploading the patched DSDT with only mobo patch, then another file with gma950 plus mobo. Don't have access to original right this second.

Archive.zip

The file dsdt.mobo-gma950desktop.aml is actually a dsl file.

You should open the dsdt.aml generated by Auto-Patcher, apply GMA950 desktop patch then

IASL - Compile

IASL - Save AML as...

Do I need to patch dgtp? When I compile and haven't already patched it, it tells me I need to.

Could you provide me dsdt patch for my Dell inspiron N5010 i5 M460@2.53GHz with Radeon HD 550v (1002_9480) graphics.

Sorry, I don't have any information about this laptop.

Check if it's listed in the Auto-Patcher. If it's not, attach the send_me file and maybe Maldon can help you.