Israel and Palestine

Swad

596 posts in this topic

First of all. The area of the mandate of Palestine has always been fertile. It's not a "desert". It's arid and hot. But people have been living there for thousand of years. How do you live in a desert for a thousand years if there's no source of food or water? You cant.

Secondly. Exactly what passage in the Que'ran says that unbelievers and christians should be killed? Please quote it. Thanks.

quote it? okay! Don't pull the "bad translation" card, either. That one has been played too many times.

ANNOUNCE PAINFUL PUNISHMENT TO THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE (9:3)

O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred... (8:65)

Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve (8:55)

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...And the Jews say Ezra is the son of God; and the Christians say Christ is the son of God; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; Allah's curse be on them; how they are turned away!" (Koran 9:29-30)

And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah (8:39)

When the sacred months have passed away, THEN SLAY THE IDOLATERS WHEREVER YOU FIND THEM, AND TAKE THEM CAPTIVES AND BESIEGE THEM AND LIE IN WAIT FOR THEM IN EVERY AMBUSH, then if they repent and keep up prayer [become believers] and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them (9:5)

And if they intend to act unfaithfully towards you, so indeed they acted unfaithfully towards Allah before, but He GAVE YOU MASTERY OVER THEM (8:71)

FIGHT THEM: ALLAH WILL PUNISH THEM BY YOUR HANDS AND BRING THEM TO DISGRACE, AND ASSIST YOU AGAINST THEM. (9:14)

FIGHT THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE IN ALLAH, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, NOR FOLLOW THE RELIGION OF TRUTH, OUT OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE BOOK [Christians and Jews], until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and THEY ARE IN A STATE OF SUBJECTION. (9:29)

O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination. (9:73)

O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil). (9:123)

I WILL CAST TERROR INTO THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE. THEREFORE STRIKE OFF THEIR HEADS AND STRIKE OFF EVERY FINGERTIP OF THEM. THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ACTED ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER; AND WHOEVER ACTS ADVERSELY TO ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER - THEN SURELY ALLAH IS SEVERE IN REQUITING (EVIL). THIS - TASTE IT, AND (KNOW) THAT FOR THE UNBELIEVERS IS THE PUNISHMENT OF FIRE. O you who believe! When you meet those who disbelieve marching for war, then turn not your backs to them. And whoever shall turn his back to them on that day - unless he turn aside for the sake of fighting or withdraws to a company - then he, indeed, becomes deserving of Allah's wrath, and his abode is hell; and an evil destination shall it be. So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy) but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; (8:12-17)

And that you should judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires, and be cautious of them, lest they seduce you from part of what Allah has revealed to you; but if they turn back, then know that Allah desires to afflict them on account of some of their faults; and most surely many of the people are transgressors. Is it then the judgment of the times of ignorance that they desire: and who is better than Allah to judge for a people who are sure? O YOU WHO BELIEVE! DO NOT TAKE THE JEWS AND THE CHRISTIANS FOR FRIENDS; THEY ARE FRIENDS OF EACH OTHER; AND WHOEVER AMONGST YOU TAKES THEM FOR A FRIEND, THEN SURELY HE IS ONE OF THEM; SURELY ALLAH DOES NOT GUIDE THE UNJUST PEOPLE. (5:49-51)

The punishment of those who pit themselves against Allah and His Messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement, except those who repent before you have them in your power (5:33-34)

Believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one god: far be it from his glory that He should have a son. (4:171)

What is the matter with you, then, that you have become two parties about the hypocrites, while Allah has made them return (to unbelief) for what they have earned? Do you wish to guide him whom Allah has caused to err? And whomsoever Allah causes to err, you shall by no means find a way for him. THEY DESIRE THAT YOU SHOULD DISBELIEVE AS THEY HAVE DISBELIEVED, SO THAT YOU MIGHT BE ALL ALIKE; THEREFORE TAKE NOT FROM AMONG THEM FRIENDS UNTIL THEY FLY THEIR HOMES IN ALLAH'S WAY; BUT IF THEY TURN BACK, THEN SEIZE THEM AND KILL THEM WHEREVER YOU FIND THEM, AND TAKE NOT FROM AMONG THEM A FRIEND OR A HELPER. (4:89)

As for those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the punishment (4:56)

Surely they who disbelieve in the communications of Allah - they shall have a severe punishment; and Allah is Mighty, the lord of retribution. (3:4)

Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' and whoever says, None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' his life and property will be saved by me except for Islamic law, and his accounts will be with Allah, (either to punish him or to forgive him.)" (Hadith 4:52:196)

Allah's Apostles said, "When a slave (of Allah) commits illegal sexual intercourse, he is not a believer at the time of committing it; and if he steals, he is not a believer at the time of stealing; and if he drinks an alcoholic drink, when he is not a believer at the time of drinking it; and he is not a believer when he commits a murder," 'Ikrima said: I asked Ibn Abbas, "How is faith taken away from him?" He said, Like this," by clasping his hands and then separating them, and added, "But if he repents, faith returns to him like this, by clasping his hands again. (Hadith 8:82:800e:) [so, with the clap of a hand, they can do whatever they want?]

The Prophet said, "The one who commits an illegal sexual intercourse is not a believer at the time of committing illegal sexual intercourse and a thief is not a believer at the time of committing theft and a drinker of alcoholic drink is not a believer at the time of drinking. Yet, (the gate of) repentance is open thereafter." (Hadith 8:82:801)

(Isolated incident) ...then prostrated himself, and all who were with him prostrated too. But an old man took a handful of dust and touched his forehead with it saying, "This is sufficient for me." Later on I saw him killed as an infidel. (Hadith 5:59:311)

[yes the Jews and Muslims are both descendents of Abraham, but here is the attitude towards descendants of Abraham through Isaac (the Jews]: "If they find you, they will be your enemies, and will stretch forth towards you their hands and their tongues with evil, and they ardently desire that you may disbelieve. Your relationship would not profit you, nor your children, on the day of resurrection; He will decide between you; and Allah sees what you do. Indeed, there is for you a good example in Abraham and those with him when they said to their people: Surely we are clear of you and of what you serve besides Allah; WE DECLARE OURSELVES TO BE CLEAR OF YOU, AND ENMITY AND HATRED HAVE APPEARED BETWEEN US AND YOU FOREVER UNTIL YOU BELIEVE IN ALLAH ALONE (60:2-4)

bedtime. ill be back in the morning.

There ya go. In the 3rd (I think) passage, it says to slaughter the Idolaters. Idolatry is forbidden by God. It's the First (or Second) commandment. Worshipping Jesus can easily be placed into "I am the Lord your God, and you shall worship no other gods before me!". Christians say "But Jesus IS God, so it's not Idolatry!". Muslims say "Jesus is a prophet, not a son of God, therefore it IS Idolatry". Just as Protestants say "Worshipping Mary is Idolatry!". See what I mean? Ordinarily Jews and Christians are "People of the Book", and should be respected as fellow believers. Where the problem lies is this. While ideally a Christian and a Jew would be believers as Muslims are, their practices cause them to be Infidels, therefore in need of purging. It's the same old religious story over and over again. One part says "Love thy Neighbour" another says "An eye for an eye" and another says "When you slap my face, I will turn the other cheek to you".

In theory, Muslims and Jews and Christians all believe in God, or El, or Elohim, or Yahweh, or Jehova, or Allah. But that's only the Ideal. As we all know, Christians arent exactly known for being even remotely religiously tolerant. (In the past anyways). Some Muslims read the passages you quoted and think "Jews and Christians... well, they're pretty good at following the book, so it's all good!" and other Muslims read the passage and say "Jews and Christians are infidels and pagans, and must be slaughtered". That's the reason why everyone isnt a suicide bomber/insurgent/terrorist/Islamic Fundementalist. Woe to everyone if all Muslims thought Christians and Jews must be killed at all costs!

"...then did Tilius say to the people of the low plains: seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors, lest it find purchase in your own house." --Book of Origin.

George Bush is a methodist. George Bush knows about the prophecy about the rebuilding of the temple (Israel) and how nobody would like them because only "God's chosen people" would be able to fertilize soil and profit from a freaking desert. This is all well documented (symbolically, so believe it if you wish, but dont if you disagree) in Revelation. While Bush knows that all this is going on, he knows that if Israel DOESNT fight for their land, and get support to do it, then the Jews will eventually get pushed off their land. The fighting against the Jews will never stop. Why?

In the text of the Quran, it states that christians and all nonbelievers of Islam should be killed. Thats what it says, and I've read it myself. You've all seen it plastered all over the news. The suicide bombers are considered "Radical Muslims" and are taking it to the extreme. while these Radical Muslims are sadly misguided, they are faithful to what they believe. I pity them. The Muslims will not stop until the Jews are dead.

Bush knows that if the Muslims have success against the Jews and defeat them, then nearly every Christian in this lifetime will lose faith in God. God said he would protect his Chosen people, and he has. He will. Bush is doing what he believes to be in accordance with God's will. He's a religous man and we all know it.

This makes since, but not all muslims kill. Just the radical ones, for example the insurgents in Iraq.. or Al Qaeda of that sort. They, being Israel, do have a right to defend themselves and must do so with just force.

Another links.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

http://www.revlu.com/Israel-baby.html

http://info.jpost.com/C002/Supplements/Cas...2003_09_26.html

I can post you hundreds of pages but this is not the point.

The Palestinian terrorists used their babies and their children as a shield (so what you expect when the Israelis trying to kill the terrorist and the terrorist’s “shield” are killed?).

The Palestinian terrorists used their children as a live human bomb for killing Israelis.

The Hamas announce war on Israel by killing Israeli’s citizen no matter if it’s young, babies or adult’s people and kidnapping Israeli’s soldier in fact that the Israelis giving up Gaza by throwing away thousands of Israelis from there home and gone giving up on west bank to the Palestinians.

Seventy percents (70%) of the Palestinian people think that Israel should not be exist (70% vote to Hamas and everyone knows what the Hamas think of Israel) in spite the facts that Israel offer new beginning for the Palestinian peoples.

The Arab’s terrorist determine that one dead Israeli = (equal) thousand of Arab’s terrorist so way you are comparing between the Israelis and the Palestinian dead?

Some Muslims read the passages you quoted and think "Jews and Christians... well, they're pretty good at following the book, so it's all good!" and other Muslims read the passage and say "Jews and Christians are infidels and pagans, and must be slaughtered". That's the reason why everyone isnt a suicide bomber/insurgent/terrorist/Islamic Fundementalist. Woe to everyone if all Muslims thought Christians and Jews must be killed at all costs!

In matter of fact in the past they do so!!!

If they can do it now, they will not hesitate even one minute...

I kinda agree. Maybe if our nation didnt have a thirst for oil, we wouldnt need to care about the middle east.

But really, they are people, and people need to take responsibility. Both sides can either fight it out, or try to find a mutually acceptable solution. It's in both of their hands.

I kinda agree. Maybe if our nation didnt have a thirst for oil, we wouldnt need to care about the middle east.

The middle east would not be in the possition it is in if it wasn't for 'you're nations' (western nations). If the UN hadn't given palistinean land to the isralies then we would not be in this mess now. There would have been no israel. Or at least not in the middle east. If US & Co. hadn't invaded Iraq we would not have been in that mess (worsening daily). Same applies to Afganistan.

Look around. Most of these problems were caused by the West and are still there because of the west. US's 100% support (no matter what) to Israel only given it the green light when the rest of the world is giving it the red. All the West knows how to do is cause trouble. And they're are getting better at it. History has taught us this.

In the text of the Quran, it states that christians and all nonbelievers of Islam should be killed. Thats what it says, and I've read it myself....The Muslims will not stop until the Jews are dead.

quote it? okay! Don't pull the "bad translation" card, either. That one has been played too many times.
ANNOUNCE PAINFUL PUNISHMENT TO THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE (9:3)

...stuff...

bedtime. ill be back in the morning.

Most of this is laughable. Why? Because you've done what most people do. Hand in a small section of a bigger picture. I haven't gone through all of these but i've gone through the one that is brought up most often in the public media and by people claiming Islam is a religion of terror. And i can tell you now, they don't see the truth because they are not looking for it.

I'll explain more in depth later. But just the idea that muslims want christians and jews dead is funny. I mean why on earth were the early muslims treating the jews so well then? Why not furfill thir so called religous obligations and start a hitler style concentration camp?

The middle east would not be in the possition it is in if it wasn't for 'you're nations' (western nations). If the UN hadn't given palistinean land to the isralies then we would not be in this mess now. There would have been no israel. Or at least not in the middle east. If US & Co. hadn't invaded Iraq we would not have been in that mess (worsening daily). Same applies to Afganistan.

It wasn't UN prophecy. It was God realization prophecy (You can read it in the bible).

The UN was only the messenger...

Palestinian’s land ???

Who do you kidding?

Before ‘47 there was no Palestinian nation so how can it be Palestinian’s land?

But just the idea that muslims want christians and jews dead is funny. I mean why on earth were the early muslims treating the jews so well then? Why not furfill thir so called religous obligations and start a hitler style concentration camp?

It's becuse the Koran said to bring the "unfaithful" to the muslims religion.

It was only matter of profitable...

That's just anti-palestinian propaganda.

Let's be fair and balanced here ;-p

No, it isn't propaganda.

Let’s face it. It’s all truth you can’t hide behind the truth and you know that well.

A lie has no legs. You can't get away with a lie, the truth will always come out.

Let's try to keep this balanced.

Aceplayer: a lot of problems in the region are because of western nations. accept it, realize it's spilt milk, move on. Isreal is there. No amount of "Israel shouldnt be here, and this is why" will change that.

Yossicl: the muslims in the area of Israel ARENT worthless individuals who can be killed and treated inhumanely. Yes, some are suicide bombers and terrorists. And a lot of them dont particularly like jews or Isreal in general.

Working together, putting aside past issues, working towards the future... those are the things that need to be done. Israel is in it for the long haul. So are the Palestinians. You can either have hate and violence, or get together and stop it.

EDIT: One thing Israel has going for it, at the very least, is that it tolerates (to the extent that it doesnt murder) homosexuals. As a rabid homosexual, I have to say... that puts me in Israel's column

An enlightened person realizes that people are different. An enlightened person tolerates difference.

"...then did Tilius say to the people of the low plains: seek not wickedness amongst your neighbours, lest it find purchase in your own house" --Book of Origin.

"Blessed are those who walk in unison" --Book of Origin

I totally disagree with AcePlayer in everything he says. However, at least what he says has some tiny shred of truth to it. I know it's a comforting image to say that all Muslims are evil monsters that eat babies and blow up women. That's the mentality that created the holocaust. Be advised.

Even Fox News understands that statistics dont accurately reflect what people believe. 70% of Palestinians voted for Hamas. That doesnt translate into 70% of palestinians think Jews should be exterminated in a ball of holy fire.

It wasn't UN prophecy. It was God realization prophecy (You can read it in the bible).

The UN was only the messenger...

LOL. So the jews needed the UN to fullfil Gods prophecy. What would God and the Jews had done if there was no UN?

It's becuse the Koran said to bring the "unfaithful" to the muslims religion.

the quran also says 'there is no compulsion in religion'. Meaning try and show them closer to Allah but do not force them.

In the rhythm (speed) they blow themselves up you still think so?

:)

Don't know what your on about.

I totally disagree with AcePlayer in everything he says.

Even Fox News understands that statistics dont accurately reflect what people believe. 70% of Palestinians voted for Hamas. That doesnt translate into 70% of palestinians think Jews should be exterminated in a ball of holy fire.

Thanks a lot dude. But i tend to disagree with almost everyrthing you say too.

FoxNew, abc news..etc. i really feel sorry for Americans. I watch american news and then watch the BBC news. believe me... there is a world of difference. The american news programs always show it as though the Isralies are getting killed left right and centre and their homes being blown up. Basically they take the palisteian story and use it for the Isralies and take theirs and use it for the Palestineans. You all should really wacth internatiional news.

Do you live in the west bank?

No. Who would want to live there with all the Isralie Bombs being dropped.

LOL. So the jews needed the UN to fullfil Gods prophecy. What would God and the Jews had done if there was no UN?

I thought you believe in God…

Don’t you rely on him to found other messenger for his eternal prophecy if the UN wasn’t exists?

Shame on you...

the quran also says 'there is no compulsion in religion'. Meaning try and show them closer to Allah but do not force them.

Yes you right...

The history shows what really happened to thousand of Jews, Christians and non-Muslim believers that found themselves without a head on their shoulder.

I totally disagree with AcePlayer in everything he says. However, at least what he says has some tiny shred of truth to it. I know it's a comforting image to say that all Muslims are evil monsters that eat babies and blow up women. That's the mentality that created the holocaust. Be advised.

I didn’t say that all Muslims are evil monsters that eat babies and blow up women.

I was said that the Palestinian terrorists used their children as a “shield” to protect them from IDF. If they are so brave (as they says) why they are using their children's?

Do you know why they do so?

Let me tell you why. They know that the Israelis have lot of compassion to prevent shooting them.

If some children are killed (by mistakes of course) they are using their body for their propaganda to show the world how the Israelis so inhumanity.

Did you see the Israeli do so when Palestinian terrorists kill their babies?

70% of Palestinians doesn’t think Jews should be exterminated in a ball of holy fire.

They only want that Israel will disappear from the Middle East.

If the conflict was only between the Palestinian and the Israelis. Why they are killing non-Israeli’s Jews in the world?

DISCLAIMER

i am agnostic, mothers side of family is muslim, fathers side of family is jewish, i neither condone terrorism or war crimes. I like to play the devils advocate. Its fun in this case because boths sides are quick to go postal on a pin drop. mind you, whats at stake, can't blame them.

so just some snippets from everyones favorite encylopedia :

One of the earlier Zionists to warn against these ideas was Ahad Ha'am, who warned in his 1891 essay "Truth from Eretz Israel" that in Palestine "it is hard to find tillable land that is not already tilled", and moreover,

From abroad we are accustomed to believing that the Arabs are all desert savages, like donkeys, who neither see nor understand what goes on around them. But this is a big mistake... The Arabs, and especially those in the cities, understand our deeds and our desires in Eretz Israel, but they keep quiet and pretend not to understand, since they do not see our present activities as a threat to their future... However, if the time comes when the life of our people in Eretz Israel develops to the point of encroaching upon the native population, they will not easily yield their place.

so to note, 1891, and this jewish intellectual has stated: 1) jewish opinion of arabs is very poor 2) they will not easily yield THEIR place. interesting...

This opposition did not arise out of Palestinian nationalism, which was in its infancy at the time, but out of a sense of threat to the livelihood of the Arabs. This sense was heightened in the early years of the 20th century by the Zionist attempts to develop an economy in which Arabs were largely redundant, such as the "Hebrew labor" movement that campaigned against the employment of Arabs. The severing of Palestine from the rest of the Arab world in 1918 and the Balfour Declaration were seen by the Arabs as proof that their fears were coming to fruition.

this puts the carrot in front of the horse, i'm hearing a lot of sentiment where the horse is running away from the carrot. suggetion that Arab opposition did not start as a religious or nationalistic jihad, again interesting..

According to Jabotinsky's Iron Wall (1923), an agreement with the Arabs was impossible, since they

look upon Palestine with the same instinctive love and true fervor that any Aztec looked upon his Mexico or any Sioux looked upon his prairie. To think that the Arabs will voluntarily consent to the realization of Zionism in return for the cultural and economic benefits we can bestow on them is infantile

Again there is this sentiment that ' the Arabs aren't going to play nice when we take their land '. reading more on Jabotinsky is rather interesting, looks like he was instrumental in setting up radical militia groups ( terrorists groups ? ) to proactively attack Arabs.

The solution, according to Jabotinsky, was not expulsion (which he was "prepared to swear, for us and our descendants, that we will never [do]") but to impose the Jewish presence on the Arabs by force of arms until eventually they came to accept it. Only late in his life did Jabotinsky speak of the desirability of Arab emigration though still without unequivocally advocating an expulsion policy.

ok, if it quacks like a duck. guess what.. diplomacy is the art of saying one thing and doing another.

With the defeat and dismantlement of the Ottoman Empire in 1918, and the establishment of the British Mandate over Palestine by the League of Nations in 1922, the Zionist movement entered a new phase of activity. Its priorities were the escalation of Jewish settlement in Palestine, the building of the institutional foundations of a Jewish state, raising funds for these purposes, and persuading — or forcing — the British authorities not to take any steps which would lead to Palestine moving towards independence as an Arab-majority state. The 1920s did see a steady growth in the Jewish population and the construction of state-like Jewish institutions, but also saw the emergence of Palestinian Arab nationalism and growing resistance to Jewish immigration.

Seems like there was a lot of effort into not allowing Arabs to form a Palestine, this idea is reiterated a few times in this article, but i won't paste more.

Sure Palestinians didn't help their cause out a whole lot through out history, but its not like Israelies were innocent little angels either.

Credit is given to whomever it was who posted it on the Walla! site, in response to an article in the press.

The response was written anonymously, but give it a minute of your time to read.

The person is simply a wonderful writer:

Thank you Nasrallah.

First of all, heartfelt wishes. You have succeeded in uniting a country that had been split in two as a result of the painful process of disengagement. While we were still quarreling -- right-wingers and leftists, religious and secular -- you came and succeeded in implanting peace within the Jewish people. Now, everyone is united in one sacred aspiration: to return our soldiers -- and to drop you down a notch.

The truth, Sheikh Hassan, is that you owe your promotion to us. If you recall, it was, after all, our illustrious forces who shot the missile in the air that cut short the career of your predecessor, Abbas Mussawi, which gave you your promotion. Looking back, however, ya sahbi, that wasn't the smartest step in our annals. But no harm, it's also possible and desirable to fix.

I have to acknowledge that when I watched your press conference yesterday in Beirut I suddenly understood why all the young people in the Arab world hold you in esteem. There stands a chap aged 40-something, sweating a bit, with a wide smile, holding the balls of the most powerful army in the Middle East. Not bad for a Shi'ite religious functionary from the hinterlands of Lebanon. I'm sure that thirsty Arab journalists also drank up your words, thinking that they were standing in the presence of real leadership.

But the nature of great leaders, Sheikh Hassan, is that they always want to go one step too far. Julius Ceasar wanted to be just a "bit" more of a dictator, Hitler wanted just one more front (with Russia) -- and Hassan Nasrallah wanted to prove that he's the lord of the fate of every statesman in the Middle East. Shi'ites, Palestinians -- whatever you want. And he fell victim to the "spider's web" that he had woven: he believed that Israeli weakness was a phenomenon that was increasingly growing stronger, and that it could be taken for granted.

And you know what? Maybe we're truly a bit weak. We love our children, and life, terribly. We terribly want quiet, and dream of peace. And we hope anew every day that we'll succeed in solving the conflict between us and the Palestinians and the Arab world. And even if we're wrong, as we were in the case of disengagement from Gaza -- it's certainly possible to hope that the objective was good.

But this weakness tends to come to an end when someone puts us to a serious test. This happened several times in the short history of this country. In the waiting period of 1967, in the Entebbe operation at the height of the wave of airplane hijackings -- and in the war of terror that began in 2000. And when that happens, Israelis only see red in the eyes. And it doesn't matter who they are or where they live. They know that we've reached the brink.

Because that's the bottom line, Mr. Nasrallah. We have nowhere else to go. And when someone pushes us too far we push him back. And forcefully. And apparently this lesson has to be taught once every generation, for you and for us. And then, perhaps, you'll understand that while it's one thing to call us monkeys and pigs, it's something else to place our existence and lives in jeopardy. And, for our part, we also will understand that not everything can be solved by force (although it's not all that bad when your side is more powerful than the other side is. . .).

I hope that I've succeeded in opening your eyes regarding the nature of Israeli society. Upcoming lessons probably will be delivered from the air

Israel has shown it's brutality once again.

By murdering 4 UN peacekeepers.

The report says there was fierce fighting in the area for about six hours before the post was hit, during which time UN personnel contacted the Israel military 10 times, urging them to stop firing.

Our correspondent says the UN claims that after each call, it was assured the firing would stop.

Six warning calls

A preliminary UN report said 17 bombardments landed within one kilometre of the post, and 12 artillery rounds hit within 150 metres of the structure - four of them being direct hits.

After this, the post was hit by a precision-guided weapon from an Israeli aircraft.

The Irish foreign ministry said one of its officers in the UN's Unifil peacekeeping force in south Lebanon, placed six warning calls to the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) prior to the attack.

"On six separate occasions he was in contact with the Israelis to warn them that their bombardment was endangering the lives of UN staff in South Lebanon," Reuters news agency quoted an unnamed foreign office spokesman as saying.

"He warned: 'You have to address this problem or lives may be lost'," the spokesman said.

The Associated Press news agency named the officer as Lt Col John Molloy.

The bomb which killed the unarmed peacekeepers - Canadian, Austrian, Finnish and Chinese soldiers - hit the building and shelter of the observation post, near the eastern end of the Lebanese-Israeli border, UN spokesman Milos Struger said.

Israel has launched an investigation.

The UN post was on high ground, in an area once occupied by Israel.

BBC Link

I bet you, you will all still remain loyal supporters. It's almost embarrassing the way most of you blindly support them without question like OryHara does. And supply them

two chartered Airbus A310 cargo planes filled with laser-guided bombs landed at Prestwick (Scotland) en-route to Israel from the US.
"with an escalating Middle East conflict", it was ill-advised to send bombs "to arm one side in that conflict to the teeth, at a time when hundreds of civilians, many children, United Nations observers, have already been eliminated, killed, by similar weapons"

BBC Link

I wonder if you would think differently if one of the peacekeepers was a US peacekeeper. I assume you would.

Also it's higly likely that the laser guided weapon used to muder the UN peacekeepers was US.

But wonder this. If Israel can kill unarmed International UN Peacekeepers in a terrorist like attack (similar to that in Iraq a while back), what concern do they have with civilian deaths of arabs?

NONE AT ALL