[GUIDE]: The MacBookPro18 Project

valv

499 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I am new to this forum. I recently installed 10.5.7 via iATKOS v7 on my HP HDX18. Total newb at this... I thought this thread was dead, but I noticed some new posts as of late. I am currently obtaining a copy of iAtkos s3 and I was wondering if anyone has any advise. For example, does anyone know what extra options to choose when installing iAtkos s3? Thanks

HP HDX18

2.53 Core 2 Duo

4GB ram

nVidia 9600GT

5100 Wireless

Greetings all,

I am new to this forum. I recently installed 10.5.7 via iATKOS v7 on my HP HDX18. Total newb at this... I thought this thread was dead, but I noticed some new posts as of late. I am currently obtaining a copy of iAtkos s3 and I was wondering if anyone has any advise. For example, does anyone know what extra options to choose when installing iAtkos s3? Thanks

HP HDX18

2.53 Core 2 Duo

4GB ram

nVidia 9600GT

5100 Wireless

Hi there,

I suggest you do not install iAtkos but go with a retail installation as it has been proved that the retail installation is working very well for these particular laptops.

As I said earlier, I am a little bit busy right now but if you can wait for a while I can provide you with what I know.

In the meantime,

1) Look at the first post and extract your DSDT and SSDT tables.

2) Do search this forum, youtube etc. and try to understand how to create an USB installation drive for Snow Leopard.

3) Learn how to edit DSDT files and then apply the hacks in the first page. Trust me, it is not that hard.

I'll provide you with Extra folder and tell you what to do with SSDT tables.

Thanks,

Hi there,

I suggest you do not install iAtkos but go with a retail installation as it has been proved that the retail installation is working very well for these particular laptops.

As I said earlier, I am a little bit busy right now but if you can wait for a while I can provide you with what I know.

In the meantime,

1) Look at the first post and extract your DSDT and SSDT tables.

2) Do search this forum, youtube etc. and try to understand how to create an USB installation drive for Snow Leopard.

3) Learn how to edit DSDT files and then apply the hacks in the first page. Trust me, it is not that hard.

I'll provide you with Extra folder and tell you what to do with SSDT tables.

Thanks,

Thanks, I will try this and post how it goes.

I can really appreciate all the work that's been done here, but for me, after reading over this process, it looks way too confusing.

Can you upload your Extra folder and DSDT.aml file here. Use mediafire and 8GB USB drive will be needed.

I'll make the modifications and prepare an Extra folder alongside with a how to create a retail installation drive tutorial.

Can you upload your Extra folder and DSDT.aml file here. Use mediafire and 8GB USB drive will be needed.

I'll make the modifications and prepare an Extra folder alongside with a how to create a retail installation drive tutorial.

Here is my .dsl file, but I am not sure what the Extras folder is. Thanks by the way.

dsdt_SLIC_MPC.rar

@JBraddock You are indeed the man! now just one question! i own a HP DV5 with similar specs. If i dump my DSDT, and use the instructions in this topic, will my install work? i mean with sleep and all that?! hope to hear from you soon! thanks in advance

@MaLd0n, glad u liked it!

@JBraddock, u are the man ;)

@everyone, just to keep you informed: anval updated to 5.0.1

@Valv, it is good to see you back. We missed you :)

@JBraddock You are indeed the man! now just one question! i own a HP DV5 with similar specs. If i dump my DSDT, and use the instructions in this topic, will my install work? i mean with sleep and all that?! hope to hear from you soon! thanks in advance

All credit goes to Valv in this topic. He is the man :)

To my observations, if you have an HP laptop with Core 2 Duo processor and ICH9 chipset, it is very likely that most of the DSDT modifications that Valv shared with us will work for you too. If you can go back a little and read the experiences of other people, you will see people having applied these hacks to their HP laptops.

Good Luck,

Please share your installation method, kexts files you are using right now (All of them). I need to know what you use for speedstep.

Also please keep in mind that this tutorial is not finished yet especially in terms of speedstep, firewire, SBUS etc. I have a few things to share but I have been tied up with so many things lately that keep me away from posting new stuff.

@JBraddock

Installation method

- Used a retail DVD 10.6.3 and install SL on an external HDD (connected to my mobo using esata)

- Install Chameleon (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r691)

Now, please bear with me;

1.I tried the dsdt edit method from Post 1, but my dsdt when extracted from windows is very different from the first post.

2. I try to edit using DSDTEditor

3. So what I did was extract my dsdt from Windows.

4. Back in SL, Load DSDT Editor in Sl (on HP Laptop), and extract another DSDT within SL.

5. Then I did a patch DSDT (dsdt from SL + dsdl from windows) and use the automatic fix function from DSDT Editor to create a dsdt.

6. Out of the box with the attached kext and dsdt, I have internet, camera, VGA working. keyboard and mouse work with the kext from Post 1.

But i do not have USB, Sound, Sleep, energy saving function, finger print and SD reader. but the worst thing is that my laptop heats very very quickly, like 3-4 minutes after boot. My fan is at max and CPU is at 54 *idle*.

I do not know how to add C-state and CPU funtions, that1s why I think my cpu temp is very high. Either that or my video card (9300 - 512 on board)

My laptop is . P8600 at 2.4, 4 Gb of mem, 9300 Nvidia, dvd drive and 2 headphone + mic model.

Files_Used.zip

@JBraddock

Installation method

- Used a retail DVD 10.6.3 and install SL on an external HDD (connected to my mobo using esata)

- Install Chameleon (Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r691)

Now, please bear with me;

1.I tried the dsdt edit method from Post 1, but my dsdt when extracted from windows is very different from the first post.

2. I try to edit using DSDTEditor

3. So what I did was extract my dsdt from Windows.

4. Back in SL, Load DSDT Editor in Sl (on HP Laptop), and extract another DSDT within SL.

5. Then I did a patch DSDT (dsdt from SL + dsdl from windows) and use the automatic fix function from DSDT Editor to create a dsdt.

6. Out of the box with the attached kext and dsdt, I have internet, camera, VGA working. keyboard and mouse work with the kext from Post 1.

But i do not have USB, Sound, Sleep, energy saving function, finger print and SD reader. but the worst thing is that my laptop heats very very quickly, like 3-4 minutes after boot. My fan is at max and CPU is at 54 *idle*.

I do not know how to add C-state and CPU funtions, that1s why I think my cpu temp is very high. Either that or my video card (9300 - 512 on board)

My laptop is . P8600 at 2.4, 4 Gb of mem, 9300 Nvidia, dvd drive and 2 headphone + mic model.

I did take a look at the DSDT file and actually it is not that different. Please download the following DSDT files of whose I fixed the errors and I added only DTGP method to it.

DSDT.aml.zip

You can go on and apply the rest. I checked your DSDT and noticed that most of the hacks apply to your machine. You may not find your Ethernet, Power Adapter and Firewire devices but it is ok. If you don't find them by searching their device names mentioned in the first page. Try using device id. For example, this is my power adapter.

Device (ACAD)
	{
		Name (_HID, "ACPI0003")
		Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
		{
			0x18, 
			0x03
		})

If you search for Device (ACAD) in your DSDT, you may not find it. But if you search for ACPI0003, you can. I didn't apply other fixes on purpose because I am pretty sure that you can do it. Post your troubles back here.

You do this and I help you with the rest including speedstep.

@JBraddock thanks alot brother for the very fast reply..i will try it out tonight and let you know. another thing is that my color profile seems different. The colors on my HP seem washed out. I just hope to get sleep working then i can shift to mac and also my battery seems to drain faster compared to windows 7! any inPut on that?

@JBraddock thanks alot brother for the very fast reply..i will try it out tonight and let you know. another thing is that my color profile seems different. The colors on my HP seem washed out. I just hope to get sleep working then i can shift to mac and also my battery seems to drain faster compared to windows 7! any inPut on that?

If the colour is washed out, I assume that either the brightness is maxed out or the colour profile is not right. Try to calibrate it via System Preferences > Display. Since you have 9600M GT like all of us, you can try the DSDT fix in the first page. If you do so, make sure you don't use any other injector or method etc. for graphic card.

I had the wake problem after upgrade to 10.6.5

Anyone got this problem?

replacing the AppleHDA with the one from JBraddock (10.6.2) should fix this. don't forget to rebuild caches though.

It's not work. Sleep is ok but cannot wake it up

now i try to rollback some kexts but no luck.

Did you check you sleep mode? On HDXs, we can only use Hibernate only and Sleep only mode. Use Smartsleep and change your sleep mode.

okay...i tried the DSDT guide in this thread. But i am getting DSDT compile errors, can i post my DSDT.dsl and come some one help me?

I got your DSDT file and I do recognise your fascination for OSX but you should also understand me that I have another life and my boss is also waiting for me :)

So, if you can't really wait for me then I suggest you take your request to this topic and tell the fixes you need, pointing to this topic.

I am sure someone can help you.

PS. I did not ignore you. I'd never do that.

If you are using the DSDT code that I shared for a while ago, please update your code according to the one below [..]

Codec: IDT 92HD71B7X
Address: 0
Function Id: 0x1
Vendor Id: 0x111d76b2
Subsystem Id: 0x103c361b
Revision Id: 0x100302

Let's get back to the DSDT code.

[...]

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0E)
                       {

"built-in", 
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           },

"subsystem-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x1B, 0x36, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x3C, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"codec-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0xB2, 0x76, 0x1D, 0x11
                           }, 

"layout-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           }, 

"device-type", 
                           Buffer (0x10)
                           {
                               "IDT 92HD71B7"
                           }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                           Buffer (Zero) {}
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

[...]

Hi JBraddock and all on this forum,

I have HP dv5-1199ew which have little bit different IDT 92HD71B7X (Subsystem Id), my is:

Subsystem Id: 0x103c3603

Can you help me to do change in Device (HDEF), corrected for my IDT card (with different Subsystem id == 0x103c3603)?

Regards and thx for your help.

Sorry for my english, if you don't understand me, please write this.

al4e

Hi JBraddock and all on this forum,

I have HP dv5-1199ew which have little bit different IDT 92HD71B7X (Subsystem Id), my is:

Subsystem Id: 0x103c3603

Can you help me to do change in Device (HDEF), corrected for my IDT card (with different Subsystem id == 0x103c3603)?

Regards and thx for your help.

Sorry for my english, if you don't understand me, please write this.

al4e

Codec id is same. So I think it should work just fine.

Use AppleHDA from 10.6.2, legacy kext that I'd shared earlier and the DSDT fix.

Just give it a try.

Did you check you sleep mode? On HDXs, we can only use Hibernate only and Sleep only mode. Use Smartsleep and change your sleep mode.

I don't sure about sleep mode? but It can sleep and wake before i upgraded to 10.6.5

I'll try the smart sleep tonight

Thank you

Hi guyz,

@valv, welcome back!! I was trying such script that puts automatically system in sleep but it doesn't work correctly... Has anyone found a way (also injecting dsdt) to let system recognize battery and system/powermanagement like a true mac without voodoobattery ? Have you got a bunch of time to add also more mods to dsdt , as you said this summer? I know you are having a lot of work with anval too, but please do not forget this thread :)

@JBraddock , hi m8, how are you? I didn't forget you ... :)

Have you found a solution for audio applehda working after sleep ? I am having so many problems with voodoohda at startup and many programs are not working best with it so i'd like to avoid it...

I may have some ideas anyway how to fix such audio stuff. In my opinions it misses a part about enabling it, doing the correct resume after sleep. I will let you know if it gives success or not...

Thanks guyz and please let this thread stay alive!! It's one of the best!! Thanks valv and JBraddock for everything you do for us!

Mal

Hi guyz,

@JBraddock , hi m8, how are you? I didn't forget you ... :)

Have you found a solution for audio applehda working after sleep ? I am having so many problems with voodoohda at startup and many programs are not working best with it so i'd like to avoid it...

I may have some ideas anyway how to fix such audio stuff. In my opinions it misses a part about enabling it, doing the correct resume after sleep. I will let you know if it gives success or not...

Thanks guyz and please let this thread stay alive!! It's one of the best!! Thanks valv and JBraddock for everything you do for us!

Mal

No, I couldn't find a way of solving this.

BTW, if you want to be able to use play/pause, next and previous touch buttons. Itunes doesn't have stop button so it won't work. Just install an application launcher like Quicksilver, Butler or Alfred. My favourite one is Alfred. I've already purchased the powerpack version. It is always in a active development and so there are a lot to come yet.

Now, I started to think if we can remap the Media Smart button to ,say, Plex or any other application. It'd be so cool.