Welcome to the SigmaTel 9200 Driver Initiative!

james2mart

359 posts in this topic

I might have done something wrong, but my OSX partition won't boot anymore. It gets to the point where it's loading the ICH7 ATA/100 drivers I guess... It just freezes there. I'll try again after, but I dunno.

Anyways, what I did...

I disabled the two kexts as said... However, there was no rename option. So I changed the permissions for the entire Extensions folder and changed it to read/write. This way, I could go into Get Info and change the name there. However, I reboot and it failed to reboot.

Thanks...

EDIT: It stops very quickly now... it just says Darwin BootLoader and freezes... Is there something I can type in at the boot menu to skip this or something??

having had a keen eye on this thread since it was opened, i've lost hope on any progress being made with a driver for these chips.

i think the simple answer is this: if you want a perfectly working x86 mac laptop, buy one from apple.

if you have a desktop, just buy a supported soundcard and stop complaining!

While I encourage you not to lose hope, I don't want anyone to have high expectations. So far I have worked on this project over the summer, between high school and college. Over the past few weeks, I have been concerning myself with school and moving into the dorm, etc. I know that I have correctly ordered my priorities in this situation.

The biggest problem in my lack of success is rooted in the lack of supporters' desire to actually help out. I don't mean to be rude, but everyone is willing to say 'hey, good luck, ill donate' but no one is willing to help. I understand that most users cannot code, but coding is not all that needs to be done. But with code, I have only recieved help that I have asked for, and that was given from np_. np_ is willing to help me out, but my lack of knowledge about driver coding is screwing me over. I need someone, anyone, that knows about drivers, and the kernel and IOKit.

I see this as a community, and simply hope that other people will realize this as well. It seems to me like most of the people that are deeply involved with the community are the people that do not have perfectly functioning hackintoshes. I just hope that none of the uninvolved people know how to code...

I wish I could code, and I wish I had some knowledge to give you, but I can't and I don't. You said, however, that "coding is not all that needs to be done." What else do you need?

In saying that, I was kind of trying to say that it doesn't require coding knowledge to learn how the kernel works. Concepts and code are different. I wanted someone to attempt to dive into kernel architecture and figure out how devices communicate with the IOKit, and other things related.

If anyone is up to it, I figured out an audio fix for Sigmatel 9220 audio chipset users. It works perfectly for me, have an output (mines in the black subwoofer input) and two inputs (mic, which is in the normal port, and line-in, which I haven't confirmed).

Now, I want to see if this would work for 9221, 9223, or 9225 users too. If it does, we have a solid fix for the time being. If anyone is willing to give it a shot, it's your choice. You just need to replace a AppleHDA.kext, remove Extensions.mkext & Extensions.kextcache, repair disk permissions, and reboot. Check the link for the AppleHDA.kext download and instructions. :P

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=25188

This is the link for the thread I made in the Drivers board, but I just figured people would actually look here for it.

Keep in mind this at your own choice... :)

wtcnbrwndo4u

EDIT: This has FAILED for 9223 and 9225 users. I haven't recieved a 9221 confirm yet.

Guest bikedude880

james2mart: I sent you a PM, but I am not sure if it sent at all, so I will repeat it here:

I wanted someone to attempt to dive into kernel architecture and figure out how devices communicate with the IOKit, and other things related.

Hell, I'm down with that. Just let me know what needs to be done and I'll see what I can do. I've been poking through the source (whats been released) of the 10.4.3 and the 10.4.7 kernel to see how everything all interacts. So yeah, I can help with your request.

its funny,

have an aopen board with alc882 realtek.

so, i just try your kext-file... try and error...

funny ... i have in audio/Midi-Konfiguration (Utilitys) now a LineIn and a Digital Input.

have not tested it now, will try tomorrow again...

why that? maybe a beginn of a solution for Realtek ALC882?

rene

sorry... mine is not.

SigmaTel STAC9225 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

Audio Controller Type Intel ICH7

Codec Name SigmaTel STAC9225

Codec ID 83847661h / 00000000h

Codec Revision 00104201h

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7661&SUBSYS_104D0700&REV_1042

same here. gateway with 9225. its shows volume control and all but no actual sound. i only have mic in and headphone out. none of them work.

and no the hda file didnt work for me :D

curious as to what modifications you made, and where. If you wouldnt mind, hack it for device id 7691 for me and post it here.

First of all, thanks for everyone for trying. 9225 obviously will not work. As for james2mart... I actually just found it in a thread here. I'll try to hack it anyways, but I orignally just found it... :censored2:

its funny,

have an aopen board with alc882 realtek.

so, i just try your kext-file... try and error...

funny ... i have in audio/Midi-Konfiguration (Utilitys) now a LineIn and a Digital Input.

have not tested it now, will try tomorrow again...

why that? maybe a beginn of a solution for Realtek ALC882?

rene

Confirm this... If so, I'll spread the word to Realtek users too.

The driver cannot communicate with the codec. The driver does not yet have unsolicited interrupts enabled. The interrupt handler is not yet finished (or working). The only thing that is practically working is communication with the ICH7 Controller.