Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

when you get that error (is that the one that is displayed in multiple languages?), are you booting from the HD or the boot disk?

if you can get it to boot with the boot disk, but not the HD, then your HD installation is not setup correctly. lots of different reasons for failure here. if you're sure you chameleon is installed correctly, then it might be a kext issue.

Did you use deviato's chameleon boot files?

To ALL:

still struggling with sleep here.

my computer is crashing a lot on wake-up.

if anyone has gotten sleep to work (in some form or fashion) could you please explain and post your configuration and kext list. perhaps I'm missing a dependent kext?

does anyone know if 10.5 works any better for this machine? I can live without QE/CI but sleep and power management issues make my OSx86 setup a big hassle.

no disrespect to doreian, deviato and others. I appreciate what you're doing and would like to help, but this is a big stumbling block for me. and I don't know what to try.

thanks

hey so i do know of deviatos chameleon but

i dont know how to install it

its just a bunch of files there is no installer

can you please give me a detailed guide on how to do it

I installed MacOSX to my dell inspiron 1545, after I updated MacOSX to 10.6.3 I found a chameleon 2 RC4 installer, I installed it and restarted my computer, but I get a message everytime that I have to restart my computer, while MacOSX is loading, I suppose this is kernel panic. I tried also chameleon 2 RC3 but I had the same results. I havent installed any kexts except from the wireless one. when I boot using the empire efi or boot321 cd I have no problem. I am new to hackintosh, so if you have any idea please tell me and try to explain it in detail.

thank you

If you use Windows 7, try Easy BCD or Acronis. Both let you choose which OS to boot in. Also, I don't remember if both or just one of them, have a timer.

Hope it helps. Regards. Mipf06

I need to still use the bootloader I have, Chameleon, because it is edited so that I can get native resolution.

hey so i do know of deviatos chameleon but

i dont know how to install it

its just a bunch of files there is no installer

can you please give me a detailed guide on how to do it

Read this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=164809

Although it doesn't tell you that you need to do the following to access the Chameleon folder and then continue with the abovr guide.

You should type cd, then space and then drag and drop in to terminal, press “enter”... After that you can proceed with step 6.

I installed MacOSX to my dell inspiron 1545, after I updated MacOSX to 10.6.3 I found a chameleon 2 RC4 installer, I installed it and restarted my computer, but I get a message everytime that I have to restart my computer, while MacOSX is loading, I suppose this is kernel panic. I tried also chameleon 2 RC3 but I had the same results. I havent installed any kexts except from the wireless one. when I boot using the empire efi or boot321 cd I have no problem. I am new to hackintosh, so if you have any idea please tell me and try to explain it in detail.

thank you

You should install all the kexts you can before you update. If you read the guide here you install the bootloader quite late on, first you install all the kexts from the extension folder THEN you install the bootloader. Really when doing this its best not to try and cut corners.

Do a fresh install of 10.6.2, install the kexts, then the bootloader and the other kexts audio, wireless etc, then update and reinstall whatever kexts are not working. Use the kexts and bootloader provided in this guide.

You should install all the kexts you can before you update. If you read the guide here you install the bootloader quite late on, first you install all the kexts from the extension folder THEN you install the bootloader. Really when doing this its best not to try and cut corners.

Do a fresh install of 10.6.2, install the kexts, then the bootloader and the other kexts audio, wireless etc, then update and reinstall whatever kexts are not working. Use the kexts and bootloader provided in this guide.

Thank you for your responce. My disk is 10.6 thats why I updated first and then add the kexts. Should I install the kexts first and then update or can I update first and then install the kexts? does it matter?

Thank you

Thank you for your responce. My disk is 10.6 thats why I updated first and then add the kexts. Should I install the kexts first and then update or can I update first and then install the kexts? does it matter?

Thank you

Install the kexts then update then reinstall any kexts that are not working. In my case, After updating to 10.6.3 I only had to reinstall wireless. And still working on video..

I am two steps away from a perfect 1545 Retail install, Video and Sleep....

I updated to 10.6.3. Installed again wireless. No need to reinstall audio. Reboot and... wrong graphics, so I reinstall Dorean's , repair permissions and reboot. Everything looks fine except I have neither mouse nor trackpad. Only could move along the dock!!!. I reinstalled Voodoo PS2 controller (it wasn't easy) and reboot. No way. I still have no mouse or trackpad. :(

Any ideas????? :(

What can I do???

Help will be really appreciated!!

Regards, Mipf06

Ok. I used Macdrive 8 and put away the GMA 4500 native resolution. I don't know why it caused that mouse and trackpad didn't work but when I did I recovered them. I should have known that if Deviato only posted wifi and audio, there was some kind of problem with graphics. My fault.

Everything is working great but I have only 1024 x 768. No sleep problem.

10.6.3 kext update:

http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/10...-driver-update/

/quote]

Thanks Deviato!!!!! ;):D

Install the kexts then update then reinstall any kexts that are not working. In my case, After updating to 10.6.3 I only had to reinstall wireless. And still working on video..

I am two steps away from a perfect 1545 Retail install, Video and Sleep....

Thank you for your answer again. I will do that.

also, which one do you advise me to use? tuxera ntfs (either 3g or the full version) or paragon ntfs?

I manage to make everything work, except sleep. I still have to update to 10.6.3 thought... I cant see any of my pictures, except in thumbnails, is it because of QE/CI not yet supported?

Thank you

Hello. I am really new to this whole process and forums so please bare with me.

I received my Dell Inspiron 1545 yesterday. Here are the specs.

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

3 GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz (2 DIMMs)

250 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD

6 Cell Primary Battery

Dell 1397 802.11B/G Wireless Mini Card

Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/1MB cache)Media Bay

Last night I was trying to install OSX on there for about 3 hours with no success.

I tried following the step by step tutorial for the 1545 on insanelymac.com, as well as on macyourpc here Boot-132 disk for Snow Leopard for Dell Inspiron 1525. | Mac Your PC

I have tried using 3 different Boot132 discs - no wifi, wifi, and no extras, and they all produce the same results.

I have tried with my hard drive completely formatted to NTFS, FAT32, and HFS+, and have no luck.

When I boot the Boot132 disc with my HDD formatted at NTFS, when the chameleon loads up I see the CD image and the Windows NTFS partition image. At this point if I put in the Snow Leopard disc, and press Enter when the SL Boot132 is still on the screen, it will say "No Mach Kernel" found, then when it goes back to the screen with the icons, it now shows APPLE HFS as the name of the CD.

However, when I press F5, I get some strange white line that goes accross the names of all of the icons, and I can no longer select the CD, just the Windows NTFS partition.

When I try this same procedure when formatted in HFS+ and FAT32, it does not even show the partition at chameleon, only the CD icon. I cannot get it to ever change from SL Boot132 either. When I put in the SL disc then press F5, again, I get this strange white line that goes accross the names and that is it.

I am waiting until the drive light is off after I put in the Snow Leopard disc.

I am using a 10.6.2 retail ISO that a friend gave me, it is not a retail copy bought at the store, it is burnt on a DVD-DL disc.

Since I am a complete noob to this I am not sure what to do here. Am I using a wrong disc? Does the 10.6.2 retail even work for this? If it doesn't I just thought it was strange that I could not even get to the installation and have it fail then.

I went and bought an actual retail 10.6 disc from the Apple store just now on break so tonight I plan on messing around with that disc tonight, hopefully having that solve my problem, but if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!

Thanks!

Well it worked last night with the retail OSX disc :(

However the first time I tried I went through and was doing all of the EXTENSION kexts and when I got to the sleepEnabler one, it basically crashed everything then I rebooted and everything was foobar.

So I tried again and when I got to the EXTENSION kexts again I only did the first 5 (the 5 before the SleepEnable one) and rebooted and it rebooted fine, however my keyboard/touchpad weren't working.

So I now have to do it again heh.

This time I'm going to do ALL of the EXTENSION kexts other than the SleepEnable one (there were like 2 VooDoo ones that I did not do, one was the PS2 one) and I'm hoping that will fix my issue heh.

Okay now after messing around with it a little more last night I have 2 questions...

1. I was reading this thread and some people are getting a random popping sound. I too am getting that using deviato's AppleHDA kext file. I was wondering if there is any fix for this.

2. I did not install any sleep type of kext at all. I don't like when my PC's go into sleep mode and shut down portions of the PC. However, I do want to be able to turn the display off. I have it set in my settings to turn the display off after 10 minutes, however, after 10 minutes, the screen does not turn off, and the screen just 'freezes'. If I move the mouse, it unfreezes however, so it's not a locked up machine or anything.

Does anyone have suggestions?

hello,

I installed mac osx 10.6, I updated to 10.6.2, I installed the kexts here, except the one for the trackpad I used deviato's. then I updated to 10.6.3 and I get the error you can see in the pictures, both by booting with bootcd or deviato's chameleon2.

image014cd.th.jpg

image013t.th.jpg

I have a dell 1545

t6200 core 2 duo

4gb ram

GMA4500 intel graphics

If you have any ideas, please help me.

Thank you

Hey there. Long time since I replied here...

So, I've found some alternatives for those apps that don't work without QE/CI

Image View:

Xee

Ksee

Videos:

VLC (Search in their FTP archive for version 0.8.2

Office:

Microsoft Office 2008

Openoffice.org

NeoOffice

Video Editing: Sorry, you can't do anything...

Image editing: iphoto

What doesn't work:

Iwork (there is a workaround for pages and keynote, but overall it's not really worth it...)

Imovie

IDVD

Final Cut Express

Games (chess works, really slow. You can also play games with a gameboy advance emulator)

Quicktime

P.S.

Sorry for no links, I'm kind of in a hurry. Just google them, it's pretty easy to find them...

Hey guys. There's been update into the latest news about getting our QE for the intel gma4500. The thing is that the new intel processors shipped with the newer macbook pros are bundled with an apparently similar graphic card. I believe there are already people working on the driver (if possible) and perhaps we're not so distant to getting a perfect hackintosh.

:)

Hey guys. There's been update into the latest news about getting our QE for the intel gma4500. The thing is that the new intel processors shipped with the newer macbook pros are bundled with an apparently similar graphic card. I believe there are already people working on the driver (if possible) and perhaps we're not so distant to getting a perfect hackintosh.

Good news!!!! :D I hope they can get it soon. :)

Regards,

Mipf06

:(

Yay cant wait!

P.S. Hey im getting a problem with the regular kernel. it keeps saying i have to restart so i would have to boot in verbose mode. I can only boot in verbose mode and make it to the desktop with the boot-321 disc, but not with a regular boot-loader. For now im just using the Legacy Kernel, but if someone knows whats wrong then that would be great if they could help me!

cartman-sweet.jpg

HEY EVERYBODY I HAVE JUST FINISHED MY INSTALLATION TUTORIAL!

It comes In 3 parts

1st is installing snow leopard

2nd installing kexts!

3rd Dual Booting windows 7

im editing it right now it shall be done my tommarow! ill post link when its done!

hello,

I installed mac osx 10.6, I updated to 10.6.2, I installed the kexts here, except the one for the trackpad I used deviato's. then I updated to 10.6.3 and I get the error you can see in the pictures, both by booting with bootcd or deviato's chameleon2.

image014cd.th.jpg

image013t.th.jpg

I have a dell 1545

t6200 core 2 duo

4gb ram

GMA4500 intel graphics

If you have any ideas, please help me.

Thank you

Solved

I installed again mac osx 10.6, I updated to 10.6.3 then installed all the kexts using kext utility exept the sleepenable kext. working just fine! only one problem, I cant use the gmail chat with the web camera. although the camera works alone, using photobooth, it seems that gmail cant recognize the camera... Any ideas? maybe the problem will be solved when there is QE support...

Solved

I installed again mac osx 10.6, I updated to 10.6.3 then installed all the kexts using kext utility exept the sleepenable kext. working just fine! only one problem, I cant use the gmail chat with the web camera. although the camera works alone, using photobooth, it seems that gmail cant recognize the camera... Any ideas? maybe the problem will be solved when there is QE support...

Thanks ill try that out because ive been having the same problem.

Ok, I have the same system as you, load boot132, put in retail 10.6, and my DVD drive whirrrrrrs.... :blink: ....whirrrrrs some more, and maybe after ejecting it a time or two it finally loads. I select boot, -f -v, hit enter and it does it's thing and then stops. In the middle of the screen it has

"please contact blah blah...." and then I proceed to get angry. :blush:

I have done this on a dell d620, d600, and another 1545. GRRRRRRR I use everything you have, identical sytems and yet mine won't load. Could it be my dvd drive? I have 2 partitions, one with vista NTFS, and another that's FAT32 that's screaming for SL. I'm pretty smart about doing this but I am stumped. I have researched and looked everywhere and found nada. I just used the same disc on my wife's 1545 and it loaded just fine.

oh ya, i even tried IPC, iAkatos(?), and downloading another now but they won't even work. I get the

Please restart your computer junk in 4 languages......