Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

Ok, I have the same system as you, load boot132, put in retail 10.6, and my DVD drive whirrrrrrs.... :whistle: ....whirrrrrs some more, and maybe after ejecting it a time or two it finally loads. I select boot, -f -v, hit enter and it does it's thing and then stops. In the middle of the screen it has

"please contact blah blah...." and then I proceed to get angry. :P

I have done this on a dell d620, d600, and another 1545. GRRRRRRR I use everything you have, identical sytems and yet mine won't load. Could it be my dvd drive? I have 2 partitions, one with vista NTFS, and another that's FAT32 that's screaming for SL. I'm pretty smart about doing this but I am stumped. I have researched and looked everywhere and found nada. I just used the same disc on my wife's 1545 and it loaded just fine.

oh ya, i even tried IPC, iAkatos(?), and downloading another now but they won't even work. I get the

Please restart your computer junk in 4 languages......

I think I had the same problem in the begining... what I did was to delete all the partitions with a windows installation disk and then create partitions with Mac os x disk utility. So I end up with one hfs journaled partition and two fat partitions. After I installed Mac osx I installed windows 7 formating the two fat partitions to Ntfs using windows.

Now, if you already have installed windows in the NTFS partition and you dont want to mess around with that, try to delete the fat partition (so you will have unpartitioned space) and then try to install mac osx by creating a new partition with disk utility.

I hope I helped...

Ok, I deleted everything, reinstalled Windows Vista, and now it's one big 320g NTFS partition. I have iAtkos burning right now. I had this problem on the d620, but I was able to get IPC on it before the retail install. Once I was able to get IPC on it, I was able to do everything from there. Partition to GUID, blah blah, installed and it worked. Then I put in Chameleon, then the retail and voila!!! It worked flawlessly. So if this doesn't work, I may just swap HD's with my wife's, and see if it's my DVD drive. Like I said, hers went on first time and everything works including the 1330 resolution.

So I'm hoping that if IAtkos V7 doesn't work, I can put her HD in here, and see if it works. Then I'll know it's my dvd drive. I've singled out everything, but I will give that a try here in a minute. Thanks!!!!

ok, so now the sleep enabler kext file is causing it to panic........so I left it out. Reinstalled OSX and did it all again. Took it the 2nd time thru with no problems.

On the bright side, I put in a 1395 mini wifi and it works right off the bat. No nothing, it's picked up in setup.

So now I have 1366 res in 64 bit, sound, wifi, and battery. I replaced my DVD drive with one identical to one that came in it ( the joys of working for Dell, parts on demand!!!!) . But I insert a DVD/CD and it doesn't show up. It doesn't spin, no green light, not in finder, but there when I am in the boot sequence.....? ? ?

I used Chameleon 2 RC4, but other than that nothing different than what was posted in the 1st post of this thread. I gotta have my DVD drive. I know it worked until I restarted it after installing the 1st kexts.

And there is a .DS_Store file on the desktop that I have no idea where it came from. Can't move it to the root, says its invisible, but when I send it to the trash, it makes another on the desktop.

Any thoughts? lol i'm all out after a whole day of getting it stable and working right.

(tomorrow i'll tackle the trackpad)

Ive Been Trying To Get Back To Helping Everybody Out....Just Been Really Busy....Hope To Come Back Real Soon...

DONE!!!! HAHAHAHA I have the video, all the files, this will give you:

WIFI

64 bit 1366 res

Track Pad

Audio w/ f7-f7 keys WORKING

Battery

10.6.2 update

10.6.3 combo update

all on Dell 1545. Install time is roughly 1hr 30 minutes. I did this 3 times to verify the software and kext needed. The Sleep kext was useless on this install. Caused me to panic several times. But, oh well, never used it anyways.

Thanks to Doriean and Dev. for the input and their hard work, I could not have done this without this thread and their kext editing.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

MAD PROPS!!!!!

I will upload the video to youtube tomorrow night, and I will figure out how to get the stuff uploaded so everyone can have access to it.

I do need someone to tell me how to boot automatically. I don't want to hit enter, I want it to go right on thru the power up process, and boot into OSX without me ever touching it. Can anyone tell me?

heey guys thanks soo much for the tutorial :rolleyes: i have done everything but when i try to get the resolution working and i restart i comes up with ...

you need to restart your computer press and hold the power button and then press the power button again

i think i am doing every thing right and i have try this way more than 4 times now but still comming up with that error i would love to see this working for me :S

thanks,

also i have another problem i try to update with the combo update supplyed in the file but i get another error on start up:

the restart error like before :L

i need help!!

heey guys thanks soo much for the tutorial :D i have done everything but when i try to get the resolution working and i restart i comes up with ...

you need to restart your computer press and hold the power button and then press the power button again

i think i am doing every thing right and i have try this way more than 4 times now but still comming up with that error i would love to see this working for me :S

thanks,

also i have another problem i try to update with the combo update supplyed in the file but i get another error on start up:

the restart error like before :L

i need help!!

Joe Bud: what are your specs?

Joe Bud: what are your specs?

I am almost done with the video tutorial, but do this:

install OSX with Chameleon RC 3

do the 10.6.2 update supplied by Doriean

restart with RC3

Do the 10.6.3 combo,

restart again with RC 3

Then install RC 4. I found that Chameleon RC 4 has better support for everything than 3.

I then installed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleHDA.kext

dsdt.aml ------------------- (this is the 1366 res, you can get this from Devito's post's

just download the whole graphics pack and track pad folders he has)

This goes in after you install the kext supplied in the folder, put in in your main directory in finder. Whatever your hard drive is named, just open it and paste it right there.

fakesmc.kext

IO80211Family.kext

Kext Helper

MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.2.dmg

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

Trackpad.prefPane

VoodooBattery.kext

10.6.3 combo update

Chameleon RC4 installer package

when you restart after you have installed all of these,

-f -v boot from RC4 and voila!!!!!

I had alot of trouble with the sleep kext so I left it out. Installed it 4 times, all 4 caused it to panic. Just adjust you power setting accordingly and close the lid. Screen is still on, but it won't freeze.

VIDEO WILL BE READY IN A DAY OR TWO.......Then I will provide the link.

eo to youtube tomorrow night, and I will figure out how to get the stuff uploaded so everyone can have access to it.

I do need someone to tell me how to boot automatically. I don't want to hit enter, I want it to go right on thru the power up process, and boot into OSX without me ever touching it. Can anyone tell me?

Check out my apple.com.plst configuration in the 3rd page of this thread. Copy the <key> timeout thing into your configuration file and there you go, you'll get it.

My wireless stopped working after I rebooted my machine a few days ago after installing something that let me move my app i devved over to my ipod touch.

I tried reinstalling the kexts like 5x and rebooted afterwards and still no dice.

I'm on 10.6.3 and it was working for over a month fine before this.

Any ideas?

My wireless stopped working after I rebooted my machine a few days ago after installing something that let me move my app i devved over to my ipod touch.

I tried reinstalling the kexts like 5x and rebooted afterwards and still no dice.

I'm on 10.6.3 and it was working for over a month fine before this.

Any ideas?

Have you tried these kexts?

http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/10...-driver-update/

After the Update, my Girlfriend do this, i have the crash with sleep.kext. So i Boot the Backup, del the sleep.kext. So the System Boots. But: I have the ATI Card in my Dell. So i can only Boot with -x

Have somebody the Radeon ATI in his Dell? Works this on 1.6.3? On 1.6.2 Works, but in 1.6.3 dont work.

yea that was the driver that was working fine then stopped working :)

it is in the state that it says the airport is off, and if i try to put it back on, it just doesn't work and stays forced to off.

Same Problem with WLan... I have put the Old file to the System, now it works again.

I have Fixed the Problem with the Ati. Del atiradeonx2000.kext and system Boots Normal

yea that was the driver that was working fine then stopped working ;)

it is in the state that it says the airport is off, and if i try to put it back on, it just doesn't work and stays forced to off.

maybe Fn+F2 ? :P