Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

10.6.5 installed successfully 8)

Follow these steps:

Go ahead and download/install the update.

When your computer boots up, use the flags: pmVersion=0 -v -s

when you are prompted, type

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext/

reboot

Now you should be able to boot up, and go ahead and install the audio again from this (its in step 2).

Thats it!

10.6.4 working fine!!!

I´d to reinstall Dorean's driver for wifi. Same with audio. Deviato's ones didn't work for me.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Mipf06

i had the same problem the wireless only worked only for the first time after installation. but the audio worked flawlwssly.

I updated to 10.6.4 without any problems, the only thing i had to reinstall was the wifi kext. 10.6.5 is out right now, and ill be the guinea pig to try it out!

Ill let you know how it goes....

please write a short tut. on installing the 10.6.4 on 1545.

and what abt the display of the video on the 10.6.4, is it still jerky and lagging?

Heres a full set of kexts i compiled that will make 10.6.4 run flawless: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA

Just download and install 10.6.4 and after rebooting, install part 1 and 2 kexts with kext helper. Part 3 is used to get native resolution to work. Install chameleon rc4(its the package) then copy the ChameleonMR2 folder to your desktop and run these commands:

cd Desktop/ChameleonMR2

sudo cp boot /

Heres a full set of kexts i compiled that will make 10.6.4 run flawless: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA

Just download and install 10.6.4 and after rebooting, install part 1 and 2 kexts with kext helper. Part 3 is used to get native resolution to work. Install chameleon rc4(its the package) then copy the ChameleonMR2 folder to your desktop and run these commands:

cd Desktop/ChameleonMR2

sudo cp boot /

hey wat abt the jerky video playback , are u able to fix it??

• 2 weeks later...
10.6.5 installed successfully 8)

Follow these steps:

Go ahead and download/install the update.

When your computer boots up, use the flags: pmVersion=0 -v -s

when you are prompted, type

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

reboot

Now you should be able to boot up, and go ahead and install the audio again from this (its in step 2).

Thats it!

How do you use flags on boot up?

Theres no getting around that panic. sorry :)

Looks like it is time for a reinstall. Heres my complete guide on the 1545 i wrote:

I compiled these kexts, and i found they were the best working ones for the 1545. ONLY USE THESE KEXTS!!!! Download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA

Getting the install disc to boot will require a modified bootloader. Unzip the folder you downloaded, open it, and burn the "sl boot" to a blank dvd and copy the rest of the folders to a flash drive. Go ahead and pop in the sl boot dvd and boot from it(hit f12 and choose CD/DVD). When it loads up, eject it and pop in the Snow Leo disc, and hit f5 to reload the page, then select the disc. Hit enter, and cross your fingers.

If it does boot up, head to disk utility, and partition your hard drive as a GUID partition table, Mac OSX journaled. close out of the utility and continue with the install. Hit the customize button, and uncheck X11, you can install with the rest of the stuff. The install should take 15 to 20 minutes.

When it finishes and your computer reboots, pop in the sl boot again and select your new Mac OS!

Go through the registration, and when done double click on the sl boot dvd on your desktop. Choose post install, and then "Chameleon RC3". Install the bootloader so you wont have to use the disc anymore. Now still on the disc, go to post-install, and then applications, and drag "kext utility" to your desktop.

Plug in your flash card and drag the rest of the folders to your desktop. Open up kext helper and drag everything from part 1 into it. Enter your password and hit install(this gives you the things you need to reboot properly).

Now, reboot and install everything from part 2 and reboot (this will give you your audio and wifi).

Now your screens looking kinda crappy, so drag the contents of part 3 onto your desktop, and double click on chameleon rc4. Install it and open up terminal.

Type these commands:

cd Desktop/ChameleonMR2

sudo cp boot /

-------------

Now reboot!

VIOLA!! 1366x768 resolution and a fully working hackintosh!

if you want to update to 10.6.4 it gives your no problems except you will need to reinstall your wifi kext. 10.6.5 is also easy, but you will need to enter these commands after the install finishes and it reboots

boot with:

pmVersion=0 -v -s

when prompted, enter these commands:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

reboot

Hey guys, great information here.

I just got a Dell 15 (1545) this weekend. Using Chameleon and a retail disk (10.6.3) I am able to install SL.

Out of the box, the following work:

Trackpad

Wifi

Keyboard

However, when I reboot after the RC4 upgrade I get a kernel panic. It's having a problem with the "appleintelcpupowermanagement" file. So to try and fix that, I replaced a couple of kext files:

fakesmc.kext

nullCPUPowermanagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

This got rid of the kernel panic and it will now boot, but the wifi, trackpad, and keyboard aren't working. I can hook up an external keyboard and mouse to troubleshoot things but I'm not sure what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

additional info: Before replacing those three kext files I could boot fine using the boot cd and choosing my OSX install.

if you would have read my post on the last page you would have seen this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA. you wouldnt have had any issues :(

install part 1 the first time your computer boots up(this will eliminate any kps and it also gives you trackpad+multitouch and your keyboard). then 2 is your audio and wifi 3 is rc4. and native resolution.

if you would have read my post on the last page you would have seen this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA. you wouldnt have had any issues :unsure:

install part 1 the first time your computer boots up(this will eliminate any kps and it also gives you trackpad+multitouch and your keyboard). then 2 is your audio and wifi 3 is rc4. and native resolution.

Maybe I got a little ahead of myself. I think I just got too excited when the stuff was working right after the first boot and skipped ahead. I'll try it again today.

Thanks man!

if you would have read my post on the last page you would have seen this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8V57AMA. you wouldnt have had any issues :(

Well I'm still in the same spot as before. I followed your steps above and your readme files, with the same result. I can get around the kernel panic at boot but lose keyboard and mouse. A couple of quick questions:

1) Does everything work for you guys on first boot after install while using the cd? Trackpad, keyboard, wireless, all work if I use the SL132 cd and choose my OSX install.

2) Which kext specifically fixes that cpu panic?

3) Which files in your zip are for the resolution?

I'm going to see if Dell has changed anything hardware wise since these were released. I'll keep at it and post back in case anyone else needs it.

Also, one of the files you mention in your readme is missing from the s/l/e folder. You say to remove it but it is already gone.

1. Yes, but on the 2nd boot up, either the computer would panic or you would have no keyboard support.

Thats why part 1 MUST be installed the first time your computer boots up.

2. Its not one specifically, but the combination of those kexts prevent appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from giving your problems.

3. CHameleon RC4 has better abilities to change the native resolution. It must be installed. the chameleonMR2 folder are the patches that enable 1366x768 by default.

4. If that kext that i said to remove is not there(it wasnt for me), then dont worry about it ^_^

I have followed the steps up to the insert boot disc after install, then i click on snow leopard then i get a error box saying please turn off using power button in about 5 different languages.

Pink Dell 1545

3gb Ram

Intel Celeron 2ghz (single core)

I swapped out the hard drive as i got a cross on the seagate one when trying to install so i am now using a 160gb fujitsu drive

Intel GM45 graphics :D

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

josh