Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

Misternice,

I'm new at this too, so I don't know much, but I will try to be helpful.

whenever I get that (that blurred line of text), I hit F5 again, and that usually fixes it and allows me to boot. I don't think that is an artifact of installing windows.

Is your HD formatted GUID? I'm not sure if that is a requirement, but that's what worked in my setup.

I'm not sure why you get the forbidden sign. I had to try 4-5 different boot132 CDs before I found one that worked for me. and you should try each one two or three times in a row. sometimes it takes a second shot before it works. the "studio" might be different enough from the "inspiron" that this particular boot CD will not work.

Thanks a lot mate, i pushed F5 more times and now i can boot on DVD but i always get the apple screen with the rolling loading icon, but a forbidden sign appears on..

Hi all, so here i am;

I can boot on SL 10.6 Retail DVD but just like i explained before, i can see apple logo with a loading, and a forbidden sign appears on.

I think i am the one and only of this topic who have problems at the install, what does that will be after ...

I tried to install the SL on a flash USB drive, but i cant mount on, i have "22 error" when i'm on the disk utility (with my iMac).

I don't know what to do, i checked on few forums and don't see the same problems.

My specs are :

CM : Dell Inspiron 1545 / NORTHBRIDGE : Intel Cantiga PM45 / BUS : intel gtl+ (64bits)

CPU : Intel Core2Duo T6400 @ 2GHz, SSE/SSE2/SSE3

GPU : ATI Radeon Mobility HD4300 256mo

RAM : 2x2GO DDR2-800 SDRAM

ETHERNET : Fast Ethernet Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI

WIFI : Mini Carte WLAN Dell Wireless 1397

HD : Controler SATA AHCI 1.0 / WDC WD2500BEVT -75ZCT2

AUDIO : IDT 92HD71B7 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9

yes dude !

i've dell studio 1545

core2duo T6400 @ 2GHZ

2x2GO RAM

ATI Radeon mobility HD4300 Series

(bought in may 2009)

well, i boot my laptop on the cd of boot 123, when i'm front of "chameleon panel", i put SL 10.6 retail DVD, i refresh, i can see the apple with loading circle, and then a forbidden sign appears on the bottom of the apple.

I've tried before with iAtkos v7, iDeneb and followed each tutorials corresponding and no one is running.. i've problems with all of these versions.

EDIT : meanwhile, i've installed windows 7 on, and now, when i do the same manipulation (with boot 123 & co), i cannot boot on SL's DVD, i just can see before_install_SL106.JPG (each windows logo's are partitions of my HD).

Bonjour:

From your picture, it appears you already have 4 Windows partitions. Unless your HDD is formatted for GUID, you've reached the limit of 4 active MBR partitions. That would be enough to trigger the "forbidden" sign you've described.

Solution?

Wipe the drive.

Format for GUID.

Install your OS's.

gptsync if necessary.

Hi dude !

Thanks for your support, so know i've just formated one of my partition for GUID with an another DVD of mac (ideneb 1.3), i've booted with SL boot 321, and i can start the installation but now, i don't see the forbidden sign but the loading don't stop, so i've reboot with verbal mode and i can see that

SL106_install_verbose.JPG

hope you will can analyse this,

big thanks

Hi everybody !

I formated completely my own HD for Mac OS extended, i've boot with 321 boot loader, i tried with an original SL 10.6 DVD's, now i don't see the forbidden sign, but the installer ask me to reboot the computer. When i reboot, i see the same thing. So i've booted in verbal mode and i can see:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread; kernel (.......)

Mac OS version :

10A2047

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 10.1.1 : Thu Sep 3 14:42 (........)

System model name: Inspiron 1545

System uptime in nanoseconds : 96899875138

And my laptop block here.

So here i am, if someone can help me, big thanks

Hi everybody !

I formated completely my own HD for Mac OS extended, i've boot with 321 boot loader, i tried with an original SL 10.6 DVD's, now i don't see the forbidden sign, but the installer ask me to reboot the computer. When i reboot, i see the same thing. So i've booted in verbal mode and i can see:

And my laptop block here.

So here i am, if someone can help me, big thanks

Until you install Chameleon, you must have the SL132boot.iso CD in the drive to boot.

Remove the OSX DVD.

Insert the SL 132boot.iso CD

Reboot

This should get you back into your OSX. Once you have that going, install Chameleon. After you install Chameleon, you should be able to boot WITHOUT the SL132boot.iso CD

battery kext?

I thought at one point I had a battery meter in my menu bar, but now I don't see it. Plus, the energy saver pref pane reports I have 0% power.

Does anyone have the battery stuff working? What kext are you using? Thanks

also for the deviato sleep fix... I can't tell if it's installed properly. What it is supposed to do?

battery kext?

I thought at one point I had a battery meter in my menu bar, but now I don't see it. Plus, the energy saver pref pane reports I have 0% power.

Does anyone have the battery stuff working? What kext are you using? Thanks

also for the deviato sleep fix... I can't tell if it's installed properly. What it is supposed to do?

For the battery, use VoodooBattery.

For the sleep.. it stops hard disk, fan and processor. (The screen remains on, but I don't hear any fan noise, then I suppose it's in sleep mode). The other thing you will notice is that you can manually put your notebook in "stop", and moving the mouse it will resume. Before the patch, it would stall, and you should have needed to reboot pressing the power button for 4 seconds.

Until you install Chameleon, you must have the SL132boot.iso CD in the drive to boot.

Remove the OSX DVD.

Insert the SL 132boot.iso CD

Reboot

This should get you back into your OSX. Once you have that going, install Chameleon. After you install Chameleon, you should be able to boot WITHOUT the SL132boot.iso CD

Thanks dude, but how can i install chameleon without any OS installed on my computer ?

Thanks dude, but how can i install chameleon without any OS installed on my computer ?

Misternice,

1) boot with SL boot CD

2) put in retail DVD, install SL

3) boot again with SL boot CD

4) this time choose the SL installation on your computer HD

5) hopefully, SL boots up.

this was a critical step for me. if you have a spare partition, this might be a good place to CCC your installation.

If you accidentally break SL by adding the wrong kext (or something else), you can now boot into your CCC backup copy (with the boot cd) and edit your main install to remove the offending kext files.

For the sleep.. it stops hard disk, fan and processor. (The screen remains on, but I don't hear any fan noise, then I suppose it's in sleep mode). The other thing you will notice is that you can manually put your notebook in "stop", and moving the mouse it will resume. Before the patch, it would stall, and you should have needed to reboot pressing the power button for 4 seconds.

thank you.

battery meter is visible now. I had that kext but in a different Extensions folder.

and sleep appears to be working. the noise level of the machine drops off after choosing sleep.

thanks for sharing. this is a big step. sleep is important

ok this is weird. I can only wake up with a USB mouse. the keyboard and trackpad do not wake up the computer.

It will wake if I press the power button. the power button triggers a menu option to sleep cancel or shutdown computer.

but I can wake with a usb mouse.

also the trackpad pref pane will not install for me. it says something about not being able to find device. I can use trackpad, however.

Misternice,

1) boot with SL boot CD

2) put in retail DVD, install SL

3) boot again with SL boot CD

4) this time choose the SL installation on your computer HD

5) hopefully, SL boots up.

this was a critical step for me. if you have a spare partition, this might be a good place to CCC your installation.

If you accidentally break SL by adding the wrong kext (or something else), you can now boot into your CCC backup copy (with the boot cd) and edit your main install to remove the offending kext files.

Thanks dude but i just can't "install SL", i'm blocked on the install process !

Thanks dude but i just can't "install SL", i'm blocked on the install process !

I'm not sure why, but your system may not be compatible with this boot CD. each boot CD is prepared with files. but they will only work on a specific narrow range of computers. however, it's not really clear what that specific range is. I don't know enough to advise you.

I removed the =i386 line from the plist and now my battery functionality has been removed.

so trackpad pref pane works for me in 64 bit mode, but battery meter does not

battery meter works in 32 bit mode, but trackpad pref pane does not.

is there a way to make the prefpane compatible? do I need an earlier version?

has anyone else had any 32/64 problems? and kext compatibility?

Hi !

So i restored my SL DVD retail on my usb drive, and now i would like to know why when i install EP45UD3P booter on my usb drive, i can't boot on? And why when i try to install chameleon on, i can see "the certificate of the contents of this package is not found" ..

sleep problem?

I installed VPNclient and remote desktop in order to connect to my office PC.

I've done this before with my mac MINI and everything works well.

The software appeared to install and run correctly on my Dell. However, closed the lid and left for a few minutes. I'm assuming the computer went to sleep.

when I returned the computer would not wake. I had to restart. The mouse came back, but the computer was otherwise unresponsive.

The really weird part is this...

after I rebooted, OSx86 would not boot from Chameleon.

In order to fix this, I booted into my backup partition, and restarted.

My normal OSx86 installation now came up.

Does anyone know what is happening?

booted into snow leopard first time installed chameleon from post install

restarted

apple logo appeared

then it tells me i need to restart my computer....

help?

when you get that error (is that the one that is displayed in multiple languages?), are you booting from the HD or the boot disk?

if you can get it to boot with the boot disk, but not the HD, then your HD installation is not setup correctly. lots of different reasons for failure here. if you're sure you chameleon is installed correctly, then it might be a kext issue.

Did you use deviato's chameleon boot files?

To ALL:

still struggling with sleep here.

my computer is crashing a lot on wake-up.

if anyone has gotten sleep to work (in some form or fashion) could you please explain and post your configuration and kext list. perhaps I'm missing a dependent kext?

does anyone know if 10.5 works any better for this machine? I can live without QE/CI but sleep and power management issues make my OSx86 setup a big hassle.

no disrespect to doreian, deviato and others. I appreciate what you're doing and would like to help, but this is a big stumbling block for me. and I don't know what to try.

thanks

Good Old Neon,

I just used the sleep fix from Deviato from here http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/en...-inspiron-1545/

I didn't even bother installing any kind of sleep kext because everytime I did it kept causing my system to crash. However, this does not turn the screen off, so I have just set up my screensaver (just a black screen) to come on before sleep, so at least then I have a black screen, or I just close the lid.

Now my turn for a question, I am using the modded Chameleon bootloader that forces native resolution, but I'd like to change it so that instead of me choosing with OS to boot into it would just have a timer and then boot into one if nothing was pressed, anyone know how I can do this?

I'd like to change it so that instead of me choosing with OS to boot into it would just have a timer and then boot into one if nothing was pressed, anyone know how I can do this?

If you use Windows 7, try Easy BCD or Acronis. Both let you choose which OS to boot in. Also, I don't remember if both or just one of them, have a timer.

Hope it helps. Regards. Mipf06