Dell 1545 Snow Leopard Retail/boot132 Install

doriean

426 posts in this topic

IMGP1298.JPG

Thats what i get up to :)

I always seem to end up with error messages. and is it also possible to successfully install leopard then upgrade to snow leopard?

Edit:

I did -v -f cpus=1 now i am at desktop! i love you guys :( now to install kexts and native resolution!!

i havent rebooted - its still on on the living room floor. i aint sleeping till this is working!

but i have already installed the extension folder that was in the first page. i havent attempted native resolution or sleep but sound is now working.

does anyone know if xcode works on a hackintosh? as this is the reason behind why i need to hackintosh. i am too poor at the moment to buy an imac :')

i think i proved you wrong :) on first boot i installd random {censored} and everything seems to work, yes even native resolution. havent tried ethernet or sleep so ya know :mellow: ;)

Edit:

Now all I have to do is system update thing. will i have to reinstall all the kexts and stuff after that?

i have got native resolution 1366x768, i had to reinstall wifi, im still wary about installing the software update - does it work? it needed to reboot to install the chameoleon rc4 in your pack. it also said when i rebooted that it wouldnt boot because of hibernate.. i had to use forcewake=y. how do i add cpus=1 to the boot thingy?

josh

sounding like a proper noob here but how do i save the printscreen on a mac :mellow:

Also what would the com.apple.boot look like with the added kernel flag. atm i don't know where to put cpus=1 doesn't matter now i think it is done. just doing the mac os x update combined to 10.6.5. wish me luck ;)

ok, to keep you updated... i restarted and all i get is after the initial apple logo, it goes to a blue screen, stays there for a few seconds then it moves on to a black screen where it seems to hang. i have NO idea what to do now. oh and after i restarted first after the update, i installed the kexts that were in the original pack which worked for me the first time round. what have i done now????

:) Hey Everbody, I'm Going To Keep This As Simple As Possible...

FYI, This Is Only For The Dell Inspiron 1545. Lets Begin!

Please Start by Downloading The Following File:

For Premium Members Only........

Download

For Non Premium Members Single Links..........

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129160/Extensions.rar.html Extensions

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129245/Graphics.rar.html Graphics

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129708/Wireless.rar.html Wireless

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129127/Audio.rar.html Audio

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129496/Kext_Utility.rar.html Kext Utility

http://rapidshare.com/files/327129602/Sl_boot_cd.rar.html SL boot cd

Megaupload Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7010X5I

Once You Have The rar File, Extract The Folder ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) To Your Desktop.

Then Extract The SL boot132.iso And Burn It To A Cd Using Your Favorite Iso Software.

Please Make Sure You Have Formated Your Hard Drive To Ntfs/Fat32 Before We Begin.

Now Insert Your Boot321 cd And, Depending On Your Bios, Hit Either ( Esc or F2 ) To Boot From Your Cd Drive.

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded, Eject It, Insert Your Retail Snow Leopard Install Disk, And Hit F5 ( Note= If Your Disk Wasn't Reconized The First Time Hit F5 Again ).

You Should See Some Scrolling, And Then Mac OS X Snow Leopard Installation Will Begin.

After You Choose Your Language, Choose Utilities From The Above Toolbar, Then Choose Disk Utility.

Once Disk Utility Has Loaded, Choose Your Hard Drive From The Left Pane; Choose Partition, And Under Volume Scheme, Choose 1 Partition.

Give A Name To Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard And Format it as Mac OS X Extended Journaled.

Choose Options, Then Choose GUID Partition Table; Click Ok, Then Click Apply, Then Click Partition, And Once Everything is Done, Close disk Utility.

The Mac OS X Install Screen Will Pop Up; When It Does, Click Continue.

Click Agree, Choose Where You Want To Install Mac OS X, Then Click Install, Then Click Continue.

Mac OS X Will Now Start Installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard On Your Dell Inspiron 1545.

Once Installation Has Finshed, Click Restart.

Once Your Computer Restarts, You Will See Nothing. DONT PANIC -- I Repeat, DONT PANIC ! Everything is Ok.

Eject Your Snow Leopard dvd, Replace It With The Boot321 Cd, And Power Off Your Compter.

Now Restart Your Computer And Again Boot Your Boot321 Cd By Choosing F2.

Once The Boot Cd Has Loaded You Will See Your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Icon. Click On It To Load Your Brand New Snow Leopard Operating System.

After All This, When You Are At Your Mac OS X SL Desktop, You Will Now Notice Your Wireless, Audio And Other Things Are Not Working. This Is A Problem That Can Be Fixed By Following The Instructions Below:

Let's Begin By Transfering The ( Dell1545SnowLeopad ) Folder To Our New Snow Leopard Desktop. ( Via Usb Or Sd Card )

Once This Is Done, Open The Folder And Drag Kext Utility To The Desktop.

We Will Now Begin To Fix All Your Driver/Kext Problems (Your Wireless/Audio/Graphics Issues).

From Here, You Will Install All The Kext Files From The Extensions folder, Located In The (Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder,

Once That's Done, You Will Need To Install A Bootloader. On Your Desktop You Should See Your SL Boot Cd. Double Click To Open It, Go To The Post-Install Folder, And Inside the Folder. Double Click On Chameleon 2 RC3 To Install Your Bootloader.

When You Have Finshed Installing Your Bootloader, Eject The Boot Cd And Restart Your Computer.

When You Start Your Computer, The Bootloader Will Ask You Which O.S You Want To Load. You Are Not Dual Booting! Choose The Only O.s Thats Available, Mac OS X.

Now That That's Done We Only Have Three Things Left To Do:

Wireless Audio And The Fabled 1366 x 768 Resolution.

Let's Now Install The Wireless!

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Find The ( I080211Family.Kext ) Folder. Drag And Drop It Into Kext Utility.. This Takes Care Of Wireless (Dont Forget To Restart)!

Now For The Audio:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Find The ( VoodooHDA.kext ) And Drag And Drop Into Kext Utility. Once Done Double Click On ( VoodooHDA.prefpane ). Follow The Instructions. Don't Forget To Restart Your Computer.

Now The 1366 x 768 Resolution:

In The ( Dell1545SnowLeopard ) Folder, Navagate To The ( GMA4500 Native Resolution ) Folder And Drag And Drop Both The AppleGMAX3100.kext And The APPLE GMAX3100FB.kext Into Kext Utility.

Once Done Copy The DSDT.aml To The Root Of Your Hard Drive And Restart.

And There You Go!

If The 1366 X 768 Didn't Work For You Try Again ( It Took Me Three Times To GeT It To Work ).

Thats It... If You Have Any Questions, Feel Free To Leave A Comment And I Will Try To Help You Out As Best As I Can.

Thanks So Much For Everything.

UPDATE - PLEASE DONY USE THE EXTENSIONS FOLDER INTILL AFTER COMPLETE INSTALL AND RESTART

Wait and see if you need any of the kexts after install this will prevent alot problems.

sorry and thanks.

hi,do you knw how to install on satellite a500? tried iATKOS 5i, stuck in grey screen after installation. tried different customisations too..

many thanks

Ummmm you make a new topic, because your question has nothing to do with anything here?? Problem solved.

Lmao...Im Sorry...But That Was Funny...

Hey guys, sorry for being such a noob and asking this question.

I have a Inspiron 1545 with a Ati Mobility Radeon x1400 Graphic card. I know its possible to get native resolution on this but is it possible to get QE/CI also?

I searched the forum here and it seems like there is a way to get it but im not sure if its possible on the laptop.

Thanks