Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

As always, start in verbose mode (-v) and read what messages are given when it is hanging.

When Chameleon starts to boot the hard drive, press any key to stop it. Type: -v followed by <Enter>.

Read the screen or post a screen shot when it hangs.

Hi there,

I tried with -v for booting. (See attached JPG)

But have no idea what causes the hanging in the grey boot logo screen.

post-687160-1305709433_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

I tried with -v for booting. (See attached JPG)

But have no idea what causes the hanging in the grey boot logo screen.

Hi,

it seems that you have 2 problems. The first Problem seems to be the Sound. To fix this you have to solve the second Problem: You are not "root" to create kext cache. I think you forgot to follow the steps from Nozyczek:

To install the package (after you did the Combo-Update):

1. Downlad hackintosh_zotac_ionitx_b_g_10.6.7_v3.3.zip

2. UNZIP the folder to your Desktop

3. Start Terminal and become root

3.1 type sudo -s (to become root)

3.1.1 (enter your password)

3.2 write: cd Desktop/hackintosh_zotac_ionitx_b_g_10.6.7_v3.3

3.3 write: ./installer

3.4 select Option "i" (install automaticly)

3.5 Use Disk utility to repair permission

3.6 Shutdown your HD connected to the Mac (or restart if you want)

4. connect HD to your A-E, start it up and follow the steps on P20 to fix the Sound-Problem.

I hope this will fix your problem. If not, try to give yourself permissions (before Restart / Shutdown) using Finder -> Rightclick -> Information -> Permissions -> Add your Account. You need to do this with every folder (./ and ./Extras and ./Extras/Extensions).

Manually repairing the permissions didn't want to work. :/

So I reinstalled and booted from hackintosh, took steps on page 20 to get the system to 10.6.7.

Fixed permissions and finally worked :)

Surprisingly also my Bluetooth Dongle is in 10.6.7 again able to connect devices ;)

Finally back to awesome :)

THX @ rlf & magic_apple

I'm running the F-E version updated to 10.6.7. I can boot just fine, almost everything works as expected except my bluetooth dongle. It doesn't find anything at all. Also I had to use the voodhoo kext to fix the audio. Unfortunately this kext also ads a "psssssssssss" sound to my Hackintosh and I can ear it all over the livingroom when I'm not playing a movie.

Additionally, I have overclocked my F-E to 1.9GHz stable with some GSkill memory.

Can anyone running 10.6.7 in an F-E or any other zotac model help me out with the audio issue? I have read all 21 pages trying to figure it out and it is been frustrating not to be able to solve it. Please, I use this machine as an HTPC for my little kid's movies. Any help is highly appreciated.

Maybe you could upload the DSDT file with the kexts used in your system in 10.6.7. I run it in 64 Bit all the time but I can boot into 32Bit if that's necessary. Again, please share your experiences and files with us.

Thank you

Edited to add info:

I have installed the Cuda Driver from Nvidia.

The latest version can be downloaded from the nVidia website.

post-64173-1306390267_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

I have a last little question regarding Overclocking in 10.6.7.

My System used to be overclocked running @ FSB 667 which ended up the Atom330 running @ arround 2.0Ghz.

Worked so far without problems.

But since 10.6.7 I have a problem if I check "About this Mac". The Processor is only rated as a 1.6Ghz Processor. If I check for "More Info..." the FSB is mentioned by its default value 533.

But if I reboot the system and check the BIOS for settings my Processor is back mentioned as 2.0Ghz and FSB @ 667.

Does this mean that Information of the processor have been provided statically in 10.6.7 in some files ?

Or does this mean that my processor is seriously only running @ 1.6Ghz?

Best regards

Keks

Hi, there it's me again :)

I tried to find a fix for the overclocking problem in 10.6.7.

It turned out that I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Magic_Apple mentioned that it could has to do with the used Chameleon version or a fixed entry in the used DSDT.

So I installed the old version of the Chameleon - but the problem remains.

I also tried to find a fixed FSB entry in the DSDT, but both - my now used DSDT and the old DSDT of 10.6.4 - didn't contain a fixed FSB value. The Internet (<- lols) mentioned that the qualifier CFV is used for adjusting the FSB in a DSDT but in both DSDT files I was unable to find this qualifier.

Is there someone who might be able to help me with this problem?

Or is it somehow possible to add a fix FSB entry in my new DSDT file?

So far I have no experience regarding DSDT customization so a little help would be awesome ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Manually repairing the permissions didn't want to work. :/

So I reinstalled and booted from hackintosh, took steps on page 20 to get the system to 10.6.7.

Fixed permissions and finally worked :)

Surprisingly also my Bluetooth Dongle is in 10.6.7 again able to connect devices :rolleyes:

Finally back to awesome :P

THX @ rlf & magic_apple

I did all this and yet I still don't have the ability to click Repair Disk Permissions. Its greyed out. Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the F-E version updated to 10.6.7. I can boot just fine, almost everything works as expected except my bluetooth dongle. It doesn't find anything at all. Also I had to use the voodhoo kext to fix the audio. Unfortunately this kext also ads a "psssssssssss" sound to my Hackintosh and I can ear it all over the livingroom when I'm not playing a movie.

RE: the PSSSSS from Voodoo.. go into the system prefs, VoodooHDA. In there, you'll find the mixer.. (I'm at work right now, so I can't check), but if you drag the 'input gain' slider all the way to the left, it takes care of it. Try each one independent of one another if that doesn't, work. I had the same problem, zeroing out one of the sliders fixed it.

You don't happen to have sleep working, do you?

EDIT: The mixer resets after each shutdown/restart, so you'll need to zero out the slider after each shutdown/restart.

Hi everybody,

thanks for this awesome thread.

Last Weekend I did a bit Research on this and tried to install 10.6.x on my ION A-E. I was focused on 10.6.6 but at least I got 10.6.7 running - inculding Sound, Wifi and Sleep working. I would like to share my steps with you just in case someone would like to do the same and don´t want to read the full thread here.

How To:

1)

Do a clean Install on 10.6.x using your Mac, VM or whatever you use as your „real“ Mac to set everything up - I followed the steps from eugene k2, michael and Polvorito, connected my future-hackintosh-HD via Sata to USB-Adapter to my MBP, formated everything (on the new HD for sure) as Mac OSX Journaled (Extended) and installed OSX 10.6.1 (I´ve tried „Install-DVD“ and „Upgrade-DVD“ of SL - both are working fine)

2)

Do the 10.6.7-Combo-Update (get it directly from Apple) on your focused HD but avoid to Restart after the Update is finished! Do NOT Resart yet!

3)

Download the hackintosh-package from b-g (hackintosh_zotac_ionitx_b_g_10.6.7_v3.3.zip ) by nozyczek on this page: http://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/home...otac-ionitx-b-g

4)

Use Terminal to install the package as mentioned in the guide. It will install the atom-kernel, chameleon, DSDT and some kext.

5)

Repair permissions using Disk-Utility

6)

Restart your Hackintosh-HD

7)

Power off your Mac (or just unmount the hackintosh HD) and connect the HD to your Zotac A-E-Hackintosh

8)

Set BIOS-Settings as mentioned by nozyczek (AHCI, USB Fullspeed, PowerManagement Disabled and so on)

After Restart you will have NO SOUND, NO WIFI and NO SLEEP / REBOOT. Here we have to do some further steps:

Solution for SOUND:

Install AppleHDA-Kext from polvorito´s package using kexthelper B7 or something else to S/L/E. Repair permissions using Disk-Utility and restart. Sound should be working now (but still no Sound via HDMI). You can also use VoodooHDA if you want, but I had some strange noise-feedback on the speakers concerning to this driver.

Solution for WIFI:

Use the Atheros AR9285-Kext from Kexts.com (http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=462) - 2.28 MB-Package. Install this kext using kexthelper or whatever and wait until it has done its job. Repair permissions using Disk-Utility. Now Wifi should come up. No Restart required.

Solution for SLEEP (not fully working for me):

I use the newest version from Ev0reboot (http://www.osx86.es/?p=749) and replaced it with the one in E/E.

After that I´ve got a full working hackintosh on 10.6.7 and as mentioned by nozyczek, all updates provided by the software-update-utility from apple can be installed without problems.

Start to enjoy. :)

Btw: I haven´t wrote in English for a long time. So please excuse the bad grammar.

Thanks ;)

I have a motherboard Zotac ION A-E

After installing 10.6.0 and update 10.6.7,

I just install the file

hackintosh_zotac_ionitx_b_g_10.6.7_v3.3.zip from the terminal.

I just unbelievable that works directly but my computer

does not turn off completely, I must still press the

power button to do so.

HDMi ok

VGA ok

AUDIO ok

No HDMI audio

Wifi ok

Ethernet ok

Reboot ok

Shutdown no ? :wacko:

Do you have an idea for the computer shuts down ?

Thanks all

hi,

thanks for this thread! I've just installed 10.6.0 + 10.6.7 via similar method with patch v3.3 and seems like everything's working fine on IONITX-A-E. anybody updated till 10.6.8?

Sabrina13, shutdown also doesn't work for me, it's not shutting down fully - only display.

hi,

thanks for this thread! I've just installed 10.6.0 + 10.6.7 via similar method with patch v3.3 and seems like everything's working fine on IONITX-A-E. anybody updated till 10.6.8?

Sabrina13, shutdown also doesn't work for me, it's not shutting down fully - only display.

Must wait for the Russian team so the Mach kernel atom 10.6.8.

In not too long in my opinion.

I can not find the solution for the shutdown.

If someone can help us nice.

thank you

yep, seems like "everything" works fine excepting shut down (which is weird) and multiple displays setup (when clicked "Detect Displays" got both of them turned off and had to reset).

you'd probably update the first post here about it.

P.S. I was following guide on nozyczek's site, but didn't find there any contacts to ask about this issues, so hope here we'll figure it out.

yep, seems like "everything" works fine excepting shut down (which is weird) and multiple displays setup (when clicked "Detect Displays" got both of them turned off and had to reset).

you'd probably update the first post here about it.

P.S. I was following guide on nozyczek's site, but didn't find there any contacts to ask about this issues, so hope here we'll figure it out.

Anyone with shutdown problem ... unplug all of the USB devices and try again.

Please report back.

Thanks

nozyczek

I haven't other USB devices connected, excepting mouse and keyboard (Logitech).

Can you do this:

enable Screen Sharing

shutdown

disconnect usb mouse and keyboard

fire up your hackintosh again

use screen sharing to connect to it and perform shutdown

Thanks

nozyczek

Can you do this:

enable Screen Sharing

shutdown

disconnect usb mouse and keyboard

fire up your hackintosh again

use screen sharing to connect to it and perform shutdown

Thanks

nozyczek

I don't have remote desktop admin software right now, did "sudo shutdown -h now" over SSH, and it worked same as doing "Shut Down" with connected USB keyboard/mouse. SSH session was closed, but still shutting down wasn't full: CPU fan and HDD was working.

Hi everyone,

sorry for the late reply. Try to use the DSDT / com.apple.boot / SMBIOS / OPENHALTRESTART from the attached files. This is giving me fully working shutdown and reboot (no fully working sleep until now but this seems to be an issue of my board).

Don´t forget to repair permissions after installing the Kext´s in Extras/Extensions ;)

Waiting for your response.

Btw: In SMBIOS and boot.apple.plist FSB is set to 667Mhz which gives you 2.05Ghz. Don´t know if this is working for you. Set the Bios-Parameter for FSB from 533 to 667Mhz.

Edit: Use USB = FullSpeed and Power Management Settings disabled in Bios. Suspend = S3. Additionally I´ve installed Sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.7 in System/Extensions.

Attachments.zip

Hi everyone,

sorry for the late reply. Try to use the DSDT / com.apple.boot / SMBIOS / OPENHALTRESTART from the attached files. This is giving me fully working shutdown and reboot (no fully working sleep until now but this seems to be an issue of my board).

Don´t forget to repair permissions after installing the Kext´s in Extras/Extensions :)

Waiting for your response.

Btw: In SMBIOS and boot.apple.plist FSB is set to 667Mhz which gives you 2.05Ghz. Don´t know if this is working for you. Set the Bios-Parameter for FSB from 533 to 667Mhz.

Edit: Use USB = FullSpeed and Power Management Settings disabled in Bios. Suspend = S3. Additionally I´ve installed Sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.7 in System/Extensions.

this method does not work.

But thank you for your participation.

I hopeful :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

had also problem with booting when one of external HDDs was plugged (in BIOS everything's correct about boot priorities). system was just rebooting.

didn't check yet (back from trips), but hope 10.7 will work with this MB without issues.

thus, current problems are OK to work with, so will leave as is for some time. everything I needed from OS X software is here.

hi,

I did updating to 10.6.8 !!! And shutdown certainly works but what's you need is a special dsdt for your own.

For all of you with shutdown / reboot - problems:

Try to install Chameleon 2.0.0 RC4!

In the Package from nozyczek RC5 is included. RC4 works very good in my case.

A BIG thank you to Magic apple, I remade the installation and monitoring

tutorial, everything works. :D

yessssssssssssssss ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Great job!

I was fighting about two hours to run the installer. It was freezing at [PCI Configuration begin]. Solution? After typing a npci=0x2000 bootflag installer runs. Now I'm installing Lion. I'll share with the results when I'm done :-)!

Great job!

I was fighting about two hours to run the installer. It was freezing at [PCI Configuration begin]. Solution? After typing a npci=0x2000 bootflag installer runs. Now I'm installing Lion. I'll share with the results when I'm done :-)!

Cool. Let us know. I can always add npci=0x2000 to the plist.

Thanks

nozyczek