Full solution for Zotac IONITX Atom 330 for 10.6.x SL

458 posts in this topic

Unfortunately I had to go back to Snow Leopard. Known issues on my hardware :

1. It's necessary to add npci=0x2000 boot flag. Otherwise it'll freeze on PCI Configuration begin

2. Post installation script gave me KP - I had to run installer in safe mode.

3. System boots up only from pendrive - Chameleon installed with installer script shows boot0: error.

4. There's no sound - VoodooHDA + coaxial output + SPDIF output selected in preferences = cracky noise, not the sound.

Now I've returned to Snow Leo and in a mont I'm goin' to buy new Mac mini - I don't have so much patience to this hardware ;-).

But thank You for Your work, nozyczek. Regards from Poland (however, I think that You're also from Poland from Your nickname :-)).

Let me know how it goes.

it was installed like successfully. but I have issues:

1. when firstly launched installation and 50% of loads of system has next problem: mouse is working, seeing first screen (login, etc), but everything on screen is like a picture - nothing is clickable and keyboard seems like not working.
  2. some times loads without wi-fi drivers (and reboot causes crash window in this case).
  3. dual desktops aren't working.
  4. system is loading not so fast (from ~45 seconds to ~2 mins).

will check more this issues now.

power on/off is working well, and rest of things like fine (integrated audio card turned off in BIOS because I'm using one from Line 6 - issues I described I'm getting are both with or without it plugged via USB).

actually, crash screen is seen sometimes on reboot/shutdown even when everything is loaded fine.

that stuff is not really good because system is not stable as needed.

P.S. are you using something to monitor CPU/GPU temperature? Temperature Monitor or other software is not showing that, even after installing a "driver".

actually, crash screen is seen sometimes on reboot/shutdown even when everything is loaded fine.

that stuff is not really good because system is not stable as needed.

P.S. are you using something to monitor CPU/GPU temperature? Temperature Monitor or other software is not showing that, even after installing a "driver".

Sorry but I don't even have this board. Everything was based on info from Sabrina13. Let me know if you make it work stable. I can always change kexts, dsdt, etc. in my guide.

Thanks

nozyczek

Sorry but I don't even have this board. Everything was based on info from Sabrina13. Let me know if you make it work stable. I can always change kexts, dsdt, etc. in my guide.

Thanks

nozyczek

that's clear, but at least problems with dual screen and CPU/GPU temperature should common for ION chipset and Atom 330. so I hope somebody knows what's wrong (and sure I'll post solution if will find it).

@Zork - maybe it's a matter of plugins for FakeSMC? Have You tried iStat Pro for Dashboard?

OK, thanks, for me problem with CPU temperature was solved by [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]'s 3.8.0 kexts for FakeSMC.

Hi, i upgraded to 10.6.8 but i'm having the shutdown issue, tried using chameleon RC4 but then i had no sound (The ALC662 is detected, but not a single sound is played). Any idea? thanks for all the posts ;)

I'm not sure about solution of my problems before, but seems like for now everything's working fine except dual desktop. anyone has idea how to fix that?

I'm using the NVdarwin.kext.zip

Take it with kext helper into S/L/E.

Works always fine with snow leopard. But I've not installed Lion yet. So I'm not sure if it works on 64 bit mode further.

You can also have a look at here

I'm running the F-E version updated to 10.6.7. I can boot just fine, almost everything works as expected except my bluetooth dongle. It doesn't find anything at all. Also I had to use the voodhoo kext to fix the audio. Unfortunately this kext also ads a "psssssssssss" sound to my Hackintosh and I can ear it all over the livingroom when I'm not playing a movie.

Additionally, I have overclocked my F-E to 1.9GHz stable with some GSkill memory.

Can anyone running 10.6.7 in an F-E or any other zotac model help me out with the audio issue? I have read all 21 pages trying to figure it out and it is been frustrating not to be able to solve it. Please, I use this machine as an HTPC for my little kid's movies. Any help is highly appreciated.

Maybe you could upload the DSDT file with the kexts used in your system in 10.6.7. I run it in 64 Bit all the time but I can boot into 32Bit if that's necessary. Again, please share your experiences and files with us.

Thank you

Edited to add info:

I have installed the Cuda Driver from Nvidia.

The latest version can be downloaded from the nVidia website.

post-64173-1306390267_thumb.jpg

@ Yoni Yoni, @ nozyczek:

Could you post your setting? Which kexts do you use? What version of Chameleon? DSDT? Any special stuffs? How do you set your BIOS? Thanks.

(I have also a F-E mobo, but no luck!)

Edit: I used nozyczek's method for B-E mobo, it works!

Zotac IONITX Atom 330 F-E:

SL 10.6.8

VGA ok

Sound ok

WiFi ok

Restart ok

Shutdown no

Sleep no

An update of DSDT require! Help!

But I've problem with shutdown.

Ok, for Zotac IONITX F-E I have the not very perfect solution with 10.6.8.

You need:

1. Chameleon RC4,

2. Atom path kernel,

3. OpenHaltRestart.kext in EE,

4. FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext in SLE and

5. DSDT.aml

Graphics ok

Audio ok

WiFi ok

Ethernet ok

Restart ok

Shutdown ok

Sleep ok, but when wake the fan has only 25% speed, need to be fixed!

My setting and attachment file.

zotac_ionitx_f_e_10.6.8_v1.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, for Zotac IONITX F-E I have the not very perfect solution with 10.6.8.

You need:

1. Chameleon RC4,

2. Atom path kernel,

3. OpenHaltRestart.kext in EE,

4. FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext in SLE and

5. DSDT.aml

Graphics ok

Audio ok

WiFi ok

Ethernet ok

Restart ok

Shutdown ok

Sleep ok, but when wake the fan has only 25% speed, need to be fixed!

My setting and attachment file.

zotac_ionitx_f_e_10.6.8_v1.zip

How to shutdown? still with same problem...all updates done till 10.6.8...but no shutdown. Even with RC4. Please help me.

How to shutdown? still with same problem...all updates done till 10.6.8...but no shutdown. Even with RC4. Please help me.

Make sure you rebuild the EE Extension.mkext with Kext wizard tool.

Or you may try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install Chameleon.

• 3 weeks later...
Make sure you rebuild the EE Extension.mkext with Kext wizard tool.

Or you may try [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install Chameleon.

For what it's worth, I have a fantastic working F-E board running 10.6.8 using:

-Chameleon RC5

-Alexylee's .ZIP package in EE and SLE

-SleepEnabler 10.6.8 in SLE.

The 2 things I could never previously rectify were sound and sleep working together. With this setup, Sleep works perfectly (a 3rd party fan is installed, and it runs full power before and after sleep), and audio works perfectly out of the headphone jack. I haven't tried HDMI audio yet, as I use a DVI to HDMI cable.

This is by far the best setup I've come across after almost a year of tinkering; great work Alexylee.

Next challenge - wake on LAN!

For what it's worth, I have a fantastic working F-E board running 10.6.8 using:

-Chameleon RC5

-Alexylee's .ZIP package in EE and SLE

-SleepEnabler 10.6.8 in SLE.

The 2 things I could never previously rectify were sound and sleep working together. With this setup, Sleep works perfectly (a 3rd party fan is installed, and it runs full power before and after sleep), and audio works perfectly out of the headphone jack. I haven't tried HDMI audio yet, as I use a DVI to HDMI cable.

This is by far the best setup I've come across after almost a year of tinkering; great work Alexylee.

Next challenge - wake on LAN!

Great! Thanks for your input.

What do you mean "a 3rd party fan", a replacement of original Zotac fan? Does the fan with 3-pin or 4-pin power connection? I set the fan speed in Bios with medium.

I'll try SleepEnabler later.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I got an A330ION motherboard. I'd read on this forum that it's possible to get Lion on it by doing nozyczek-method as IONITX is very close to my board with the following specs:

Processor Atom 330

Chiptset NVIDIA MCP7A-ION

Video 9400M

Audio VIA VT2020

LAN RTL8211CL

RAM 4GB

My problem: During the Boot of the Installation, the system freeze at the gray apple logo. After I tried in verbose, it ends with a kext from apple to define the serial port. I disabled my serial port in the Bios, it went farther, now it hangs on FakeSMCDevices Keys 17 added (same problem with iatkos l1)...

iatkos l1, I tried with many different boot flags combinations: npci, usbfix, graphics enabler, PCIRootUID, i386, ...., all the time it result in the same error as the other method.

Thank you for your help and advice

enjoy your weekend.

Hi guys..

I'm having problems to upgrading OSX 10.6.7 to 10.6.8.

I have the ZOTAC IONITX F-E. Installing OSX as instructed in this thread.

I'm using the Internal GFX ION.

Updating with pre downloaded update.

So after executing the update I have:

1. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.9.1: Snow Leopard Edition only installing DSDT from Alexylee's zip with UserDSDT option. Getting Chamelon.

2. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installing the .kext from Alexylee's .ZIP and Sleepenabler 10.6.8.

3. I've also downloaded the 10.6.8 kernel .pkg and executed that.

But when rebooting I get bootloader, gray apple logo screen and then everything freezes.

Running with -v I get printouts and then a black screen no printouts to tell me what is wrong.

Running with -v -x i get the same results.

Running without or without the CPU atom patch does not matter.

So what can I do from here?

Have I installed everything correctly or how should I proceed when installing everything?

What I'm I missing..

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Anybody get anywhere on the "wake on lan" issue?

I've got an A-U and I modded the BIOS image to change the "failsafe" and "optimal" settings to OSX compatible ones -i.e. AHCI, ACPI S3, 512mb Framebuffer and such..., The idea was that if the CMOS reset then it would continue to boot with the correct BIOS settings, but it usually goes into a really slow boot then panics after everything loads.

I've also tried a thousand different edits on my DSDT, no luck there either.....

Haven't tried messing with Chameleon much, but I think it's got to be something between OSX and the BIOS directly.

AAAAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!! Just want wake on lan.........

For now I've got the Apple IR reciever I made using the Macbook IR spare parts module soldered to a USB cable plugged in for easy wake.

It would be nice to have some way to schedule waking without having to push a button to wake...