GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

I was able to upgrade my unit to 10.7.2 without KP. Could be because of the graphic card I use?
It could be that, or because I'm using GraphicsEnabler=yes.

I might try enabling video by DSDT or EFI string, to see if those options don't cause a KP with ApplePolicyControl.kext.

It could be that, or because I'm using GraphicsEnabler=yes.

I might try enabling video by DSDT or EFI string, to see if those options don't cause a KP with ApplePolicyControl.kext.

I just checked and I have the same GraphicsEnabler=yes setting.

Also, not related to the above subject, I would like to add that using the patched DP3 AppleHDA.kext , only 1 jack (the black colour jack) is working in 10.7.2

So, I took Platforms.xml and layout885.xml from Digital_Dreamer script and put them manually into 10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext, now the green jack is working too.

This is important for me, as I dual boot with Windows 7, and in Windows, only the green jack is working.

I am not sure this method is fall into which option from post #1.

Cheers!

Good to see that it solved your sleep issue.

I was initially wary of using a beta BIOS, but if nobody else has a problem on that forum after a few days it's probably stable, and you can easily back out.

The drives have eject buttons because of the SATA hot plug functionality of the MB, and the one that has the active OS wouldn't have an eject button.

This is convenient when you want to be able to mount and unmount external eSATA drives connected through the PCI slot eSATA interface that's included with UD4 through UD7, if that's connected to one or two of the six SATA ICH10 MB ports.

UD7 also has two combination USB and powered eSATA ports at the back panel.

The non OS drives can be ejected in the Finder, and mounted again with Disk Utility or by unplug and plug.

It's correct functionality, but if you didn't want the eject capability, device-id `0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00' can instead be set in the IDE1 section of the DSDT and you wouldn't need to use OrangeIconFix.kext either.

That would incorrectly show ESB2 instead of ICH10 in System Profiler:Hardware:Serial-ATA however.

I don't have an answer for the BT sleep issue, perhaps someone else has a solution.

d00d, are there any downsides to showing ESB2 instead of ICH10 in system Profiler?

Hi, ever since updating to 10.7.2 I'm having problems with usb after resuming from sleep.

I've already posted a thread about it but thought I'd ask seeing as I've had no responses.

The thread is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1765701

Basically I get a KP when ever I plug in a usb device after I've resumed from sleep, more info in the other thread.

Thanks

Notes for iCloud compatibility;

For iCloud to work, IOBuiltin must be set (1), you must have a model correct and unique or as yet unregistered SMserial value (2), also have a model correct SMboardproduct value (3), and Chameleon 2.1 r1650 or higher must be used for both RAID and non RAID to work (4).

1. See post 1, item 19.

2. Use Champlist from `http://tools.inmac.org/' to generate a valid SMserial value, then set it in smbios.plist (fake value shown);

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>A01234BC5DE</string>

Reference;

http://prasys.info/2009/11/understanding-mac-serial-number/

3. Chameleon gives a default SMboardproduct value of F4208DC8 (smbios.c).

This is for MacPro1,1 and therefore it's incorrect for MacPro4,1, so the following must be set in smbios.plist;

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

Reference;

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...386&start=0

4. http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/

I just checked and I have the same GraphicsEnabler=yes setting.

Also, not related to the above subject, I would like to add that using the patched DP3 AppleHDA.kext , only 1 jack (the black colour jack) is working in 10.7.2

So, I took Platforms.xml and layout885.xml from Digital_Dreamer script and put them manually into 10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext, now the green jack is working too.

This is important for me, as I dual boot with Windows 7, and in Windows, only the green jack is working.

I am not sure this method is fall into which option from post #1.

Cheers!

Thanks aikidoka25, I updated post 1, item 14, Realtek ALC889A's section E.

d00d, are there any downsides to showing ESB2 instead of ICH10 in system Profiler?
There was some discussion of possible data corruption, but that's probably not accurate, so it's most likely just cosmetic.

Hi, ever since updating to 10.7.2 I'm having problems with usb after resuming from sleep.

I've already posted a thread about it but thought I'd ask seeing as I've had no responses.

The thread is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1765701

Basically I get a KP when ever I plug in a usb device after I've resumed from sleep, more info in the other thread.

Thanks

Don't put any kexts in EE or use an mkext in E with Lion, instead put the kexts in SLE and set UseKernelCache=Yes.

Don't put any kexts in EE or use an mkext in E with Lion, instead put the kexts in SLE and set UseKernelCache=Yes.

Thanks dood, I'll give it a try this evening and report back.

EDIT:

Now fixed

Thanks again :)

Have a hackintosh based around a GA-X58A-UD3R rev 1.0 @ bios F8a ... how do I get wake from sleep to work? OSX 10.7.2 - At best I've only gotten DSDT edits to allow keyboard power on where the fans start turning but the display never wakes.

gfx: GTX460

• 1 month later...

@JamesLittler

Thanks for the Files,i'll give them a try,but according to aschar1 ''remove legacy kext from extra/extensions'' but since you say your headphones does not work either it would have been nice for the supplier to state if he has his F HP working or not.I'm really trying to not use the Roll back solution or mixing stuff and to stick with using vanilla but it's proving to be not that easy........

EDIT: Ok took a quick look at your DSDT and saw that you havent changed the layout ID as suggested for it to work without Legacy stuff, yours still has

0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

Suggested HDEF change for 10.6.8-10.7+

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

But even with this edit, HP is a no go for me so i just thought i'd mention it..........

According to what i've read a few pages back, no you dont but that's once u're using the HDEF Injection method with layout id 12, as described below.If u're using a Different HDEF edit etc who the hell know's exactly what is the ''correct'' way, searching the forums offers some methods but i dont think they will work unless you change your DSDT to something else and that i dont know about......

Lion and 10.6.8 AppleHDA.Kext doesnt work with legacy kexts anymore.

Apple moved parts of the plists to 2 xml files (platforms.xml and layoutid.xml in Ressources. We cant inject into these xml files as we could with the plists.

Attached is a modded AppleHDA.kext (Lion DP3) for ALC889a. It needs DSDT modification HDEF with layout id 12.Replace the AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E and remove the applehda legacy kext from /Extra/Extensions and create new Extensions.mkext

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1690523 (Had a wrong link before)

Ok just to try to undo my mess :| , it turns out the HP outlet was faulty that's why i was not getting anything via HeadPhones.So to re-cap, the Patched Apple.kext which i linked to in the previous page from aschar1 indeed works just fine in SL 10.6.8 EX58-UD5 'ALC 889a' .As for Lion, i think it may be safe to say that the kext from the link just above will work as well...........

Bless

Edited by Dajjal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...