Universal Requests?

ptaylor

228 posts in this topic

To all those wanting AdiumX...  Sorry...  I've been unable to get it to compile at all...  It looked like libgaim was the issue, so I downloaded it and tried compiling the latest version of it...  In looking at the code, it appears to be coverted to be Universal, but so far I can't get it to finish compiling either, complaining about a PPC/Intel issue (if I remember right)...

Paul

Decent port of adium? umm.. ya http://lamer0.com/ports.html - its rock solid. I also got desktop manager up there as well.

From what Jobs said only this new X Code supports Universal at the moment. However Apple people said they are going to be working with others to show them how to make compilers so their dev apps will work. I belive this is how Intel is working on porting its dev utilities to the Mac and how that one company that was the big Mac dev suite (blanking on the name) intends to continue Mac support (as they claimed).

http://www.feedface.com/projects/ffview.html

ffview please, the only opengl imageviewer.

Ok.. This is a Universal binary... Since I've never used this before, I couldn't do much in the way of testing.. It does execute on Intel, though.

Please let me know how well it works.

Paul

Edit: Removed link - See my reply later in this post with a fixed version.

shapeshifter needs ape

and ape works on amost of suxanity applications, shapeshifter won't work on x86 (with ape installed)

weird? yeah!!!

I tried to contact unsanity and asking about a beta or test version of shapeshifter for x86 i gave just a "not yet" for awanser.

maybe a hacking can get it working?

i really don't know.

Please for the love of god port OSXVNC. I need a good VNC server so I can work and show off my OS X install to non-belivers.

Its a SourceForge project so all of the source code should be there.

I believe this is already a Universal...

And if it's not, you don't need it anyhow.. Just use Apple's Remote Desktop as a VNC server. Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Apple Remote Desktop and enable it. With it highlighted, hit the "Access Privileges" button. Select the User you want it to run for, and check the "VNC viewers may control screen with password:" and enter a password. You can leave everything else unchecked, since it doesn't really matter for VNC viewers controlling it.

Paul

how is my adium port unstable, I been running it for 3 days straight while connected to multiple IM services without a hitch. If your crashing its most likely on your end.

I run lamer's port and I have no issues either. I even run stuff over an ssh socks4 proxy and it runs great.

Think you could get flash working in Deer Park? Or an x86 build of firefox with flashworking?

I thought someone already had x86 firefox with flash working... I was actually thinking about revisiting my Shiira build to see if I can get plug-ins to work on Intel.. Just not sure where to start.. :)

Paul

x86 Adium port is indeed stable, but does it properly support gaimlib? I use Gadu-Gadu, which gives me a gaimlib error while I'm trying to connect to server. However, verything works fine in the PPC version.

Just my 2 cents. Good job on the port.

I run lamer's port and I have no issues either. I even run stuff over an ssh socks4 proxy and it runs great.

i will try it here

because every time when i get a message or a contact join or quit, the adium runs slower.

Ok..  This is a Universal binary...  Since I've never used this before, I couldn't do much in the way of testing..  It does execute on Intel, though. 

Please let me know how well it works.

Paul

Edit: Seems to be having trouble accepting this attachment...  Hmm..

Since the forum seems to not like attachments at the moment, here's a link:

FFView 0.9

Thanks. It runs good, the only problem is that it displays the images completely with a blue tint. (Intel gma 900 card here, quartz extreme enabled). I've seen this before, also with the port of vlc and which could be fixed if you changed the output mode to quartz video. Any idea how it can be fixed with ffview?

I havent  seen it, would you happened to no where you found this?

Actually, I looked for it after my post... The only thing I found as the "Better Firefox" build, which is actually a build of Deer Park when you download it... It is supposed to support plug-ins, but it does not work with flash as I previously thought...

Of course, I thought some more about this... Thing is, you run Safari or Shiira with Rosetta and the plug-ins work... That makes me think that the issue is that the plug-in isn't "universal"... That the plug-in for flash is only for PPC. I'm guessing that the plug-in attempts to run in the same mode as the main application... There does not appear to be a way to force the plug-in to run under Rosetta while the main app runs native Intel...

If anyone comes up with a way to run flash in an Intel native browser, that would be a great thing... I doubt we'll see it though, until Macromedia releases a new version of flash that is a Universal plug-in, if such a thing can exist.

Thanks. It runs good, the only problem is that it displays the images completely with a blue tint. (Intel gma 900 card here, quartz extreme enabled). I've seen this before, also with the port of vlc and which could be fixed if you changed the output mode to quartz video. Any idea how it can be fixed with ffview?

Hmm.. But FFView renders in OpenGL, right?

I've tested with some of the sample images (iChat icons, actually) and I see the odd coloration you are referring to. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it...

I believe this is already a Universal... 

And if it's not, you don't need it anyhow..  Just use Apple's Remote Desktop as a VNC server.  Go to System Preferences > Sharing > Apple Remote Desktop and enable it.  With it highlighted, hit the "Access Privileges" button.  Select the User you want it to run for, and check the "VNC viewers may control screen with password:" and enter a password.  You can leave everything else unchecked, since it doesn't really matter for VNC viewers controlling it.

Paul

OSXVNC is PowerPC as reported by OS X. Apple's Remote Desktop doesnt work well as it doesnt behave with almost all non-mac VNC clients. It either doesnt understand the encoding or gives distorted images back.

I need something I can use from a PC and doesnt crash. Neither of these fit the bill.

OSXVNC is PowerPC as reported by OS X. Apple's Remote Desktop doesnt work well as it doesnt behave with almost all non-mac VNC clients. It either doesnt understand the encoding or gives distorted images back.

I need something I can use from a PC and doesnt crash. Neither of these fit the bill.

Well, yes - it does show up as a PowerPC app on my Intel box too...

But, version 1.61 was supposed to add Intel support to some degree... Taken from http://www.redstonesoftware.com/vnc.html:

Change Log:

Added support for Mac OS X running on INTEL.

(It's the 2nd item from the top of the Change log on their site)

So, it doesn't say it's a Universal binary, but it seems to indicate some added support for running it on the Intel platform... Perhaps emailing them would be helpful.. I emailed them after installing 1.61 and noticing that it was taking up tons of processor, sitting idle... They quickly emailed me back saying they had not seen that issue, but by the next day they had emailed me again saying that there was a corrupt upload to sourceforge causing those CPU issues and to try again.. So, they appear to be fairly responsive...

Perhaps it was only preliminary support for Intel... Or perhaps they don't realize there is an issue, like the extra CPU cycle problem I encountered.

Paul

Well guys, I'm about to pack up my Dev Kit machine until next weekend (unless my ADD2-N card arrives early). You see, it doesn't currently have a "home", what with all my other machines crowding the area, and I don't want to leave it out where it is due to very small children that will be here this week while I'm away at work...

I'll still be able to try various ports on my PPC machine if I get the time this week... My time will be much more limited than this past weekend, though.

i "solved" the unstable "problem" on lamer0's adiumx

just turn off the client sounds and will work perfectly

but if you turn it on or use some sound pack, the laggy desktop will be back when you recivile a new message or a contact take off or come up in your list.

Well guys, I'm about to pack up my Dev Kit machine until next weekend (unless my ADD2-N card arrives early). You see, it doesn't currently have a "home", what with all my other machines crowding the area, and I don't want to leave it out where it is due to very small children that will be here this week while I'm away at work...

I'll still be able to try various ports on my PPC machine if I get the time this week... My time will be much more limited than this past weekend, though.

don't worrie man

yours future compilations will be great for us

we can wait any time, so you do a favor for free by us and when you have free time to do some nice transition applications here we'll not bother you.

the working themechanger say it :lol:

thanks for all