[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Hi LatinMcG,

Yes, Of course - Like I said I tried the usual culprits. It seems something to do with the Processor definitions. I completed the Install using:

-Extra Folder from Lion

-VoodooHDA 2.73

-FakeSMC 3.1.0

-Chameleon 1820

-it seems that most things are working but only if I boot with arch=i386. When trying to boot in 64bit, I get the dreaded [PCI Config...]

-Trackpad prefpane still has the same issue as Lion.

However, there doesn't seem to be much functionality in DP1.

I can't see the Mirroring function which I wanted to test. I used to run AirServer on Lion.

Cheers

im clueless why i cant get 10.6.8 x3100 inspiron 1520 to work. 10.6.7 works with my dsdt with pci UID.. might have to do the kexts iopcifamilly switcharoo

i wonder if the pci acpi became more strict in 10.6.8+ ?

our pbtn is undermined by mbtn in dsdt. notice it has if greater than 0x20 osid and _UID but pbtn dont ? and also the _PWR 0x05

or the MCHC missing under PCI0 (like most pcs have)

how about that FDIS in offset 60 in LPC ? i havent found anything about it but i suspect its a dell thing .. LPC not initialized ?

many things are non standard so we have a mountain to climb.. but im not mountain climber!

how about that FDIS in offset 60 in LPC ? i havent found anything about it but i suspect its a dell thing .. LPC not initialized ?

many thinks are non standard so we have a mountain to climb.. but im not mountain climber!

Hi L,

It's early days - I played with a few things in the DSDT but ended up giving my M1530 and used the Spare hard drive to install ML in my Gigabyte G41M-ESL2 based Hackintosh. The install went very smoothly (using a cheap ATI HD 5460). Most of it works.

I'll have another go on the M1530 when DP2 is released. Various blogs mention that Apple is dropping support for older Graphics cards due to support for OpenGL 3.2 (not 4.1 yet, which Windows and Linux support already). This may explain why the M1530 works only with -i386 flag.

Meanwhile evaluation in progress,

Cheers,

FakeSMC HWSensors project by Slice, Mozodojo (Kozlek) and now OldNavi updated to 4.0 revision 570

FakeSMC (Project OS X) - Downloads HWSensors (InsanelyMac) HWSensors | Source/SVN | Assembla

SVN URL: http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/fakesmc/HWSensors4

The fully functional FakeSMC.kext with the appropriate hardware monitor sensor plugins for our systems.

System Firmware: MacBookPro5.1 - SMC Version: 1.33f8 (SMC 1.2) - Boot ROM: MBP51.007E.B05 (EFI 1.8)

FakeSMC-4.0svn-r560 (SMC 1.33f8).zip - Revison 560 compiled with the Xcode 4.3

UPDATE - 03.08.2012

FakeSMC-4.0svn-r570 (SMC 1.33f8).zip - Revison 570 compiled with the Xcode 4.3.1

post-185231-0-84966200-1330347615_thumb.pngpost-185231-0-16635400-1330347731_thumb.png

ML - DP1

Hi Guys,

No doubt that some of you have tried Mountain Lion Install. I'm in the process of doing it but stumbled on the old [PCI Config begin]. That is at install stage using Chameleon 1820 and USB Hard Drive.

Tried all the old tricks but no luck so far.

Any success on the M1530 out there ?

Cheers

Edit 1:

Ok - Got further and installing by booting with:

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

http://netkas.org/?p=1053

These of you who are stuck at [PCI Configuration begin/end] and npci=0×3000 doesnt help, you had to use 10.6.7 IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform
and can’t try Mountain [s]Dew[/s] Lion. Well, no more. 

NETKAS

ported IOPCIFamily-115 kext to work with new AppleACPIPlatform.
So, you can use it and no need to replace AppleACPIPlatform with old one, a bit better then having to replace both.
Here is a link to a kext and sources - 

http://rghost.ru/36725147

Also, here is version for Mountain Lion, which allowed my lappy to boot 10.8 - 

http://rghost.ru/36725213

(both versions include fixes for ethernet and wifi on laptops lacking iomap addresses)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I think there is a Memory Leak in the Driver for the Geforce 8600 GT. Is is a known issuse and are there ways to fix it. I have a M1530 with a T7500 and 4GB Ram.

luggi1

Haven't had any problems so far. What makes you think that there is a memory leak in the graphics driver?

if you put the original trackpad of lion 10.7.3 into system library prefpanes and the modded one you find on kexts site (that with gesture ) you can have trackpad prefpane in 64 bit...I've also seen that if you make two taps on dock's finder and make a scroll down it give the menù like the right button...my two kexts are 50mb almost so I can upload them on this post...but if you want pref pan for trackpad on 64 bit this is the solution...I've taken the original one from macbook pro 2011 with lion installed on...if you know how upload my files without make new account on various site tell me so I will upload them....If I will have time I'll make them on kexts site...bye

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got my hands on a friends old m1330 that we'd like to hackintosh. It has a t5550 and x3100 graphics. I've gotten almost everything working except for sleep. Following the posts here, I was able to edit the dsdt to get the monitor working and speed step enabled (at least as I understand it based on what's reported by IOexplorer). For some reason, patching for sleep with lid leads to KP on boot.

Also, it's reporting really high temperatures on the cpu. Immediately after boot it shows 50c and then goes up to around 72-73 at idle (via iStat and coolbook). It shows roughly 85 at load. The fan doesn't really kick in until it hits 81, and it doesn't feel tremendously hot to the touch like other laptops do when they hit those temps. Could this be false reporting or is it really that high due to to not enabling c-states? Linux reports temps of around 40-44c, which is about what I would expect. It does seem to run a little cooler, but it's not an extreme difference.

I have AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, BroadcomFix, Disabler, Ev0reboot, fakesmc, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage, Voodoo Battery, and VoodooPS2Controller in E/E. And I've put VoodooHCA and VoodooSDHC in S/L/E and deleted AppleHDA.

I recently got my hands on a friends old m1330 that we'd like to hackintosh. It has a t5550 and x3100 graphics. I've gotten almost everything working except for sleep. Following the posts here, I was able to edit the dsdt to get the monitor working and speed step enabled (at least as I understand it based on what's reported by IOexplorer). For some reason, patching for sleep with lid leads to KP on boot.

Also, it's reporting really high temperatures on the cpu. Immediately after boot it shows 50c and then goes up to around 72-73 at idle (via iStat and coolbook). It shows roughly 85 at load. The fan doesn't really kick in until it hits 81, and it doesn't feel tremendously hot to the touch like other laptops do when they hit those temps. Could this be false reporting or is it really that high due to to not enabling c-states? Linux reports temps of around 40-44c, which is about what I would expect. It does seem to run a little cooler, but it's not an extreme difference.

I have AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, BroadcomFix, Disabler, Ev0reboot, fakesmc, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage, Voodoo Battery, and VoodooPS2Controller in E/E. And I've put VoodooHCA and VoodooSDHC in S/L/E and deleted AppleHDA.

I suspect that your speed step is not working. You can confirm this with SMC Monitor. It will tell you in real time what your CPU frequency and temps are. Your CPU should drop to about 1/3rd of its frequency when idle.

The Kexts that you are using are very different from the ones I use. The guide lists all the ones I use and suggests smbios settings, and everything works on my machine including speed step and sleep, with the exception of C-states and HDMI. The DSDT is important as well. Unfortunately the guide only tells you how to make a DSDT for NVidia, but others have followed the guide with Intel in the past. If I recall it has to do with deleting certain video sections in the DSDT. C-states only come into play if your computer is idle for a very long time, so I don't think they are the reason for your high temps.

Immo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I successfully updated to 10.7.3 from 10.7. by making new dsdt from first post (with fix for graphics) and now when I want to watch any 720p video it's not good (Movist play only half size continuously, VLC crashes), on 10.7 and 10.7.1 there was no problem. I have DELL XPS M1530 with Nvidia 8600T.

Thanks for help.

hi Darwin X, after I've upgraded to lion 10.7.4, first I had some problem to boot because it stopped with the message "pci configuration init" or something like this, then I've installed the IOPCIFamily and the boot finally ended succesfully. But now my bcm 94311 isn't recognized, and the boot is slow...can you upload your extra folder , the kexts for S/L/E , and tell what Chameleon version are you using...about the bcm, in system preference it tell me that it's off but in the bar say that no hardware is installed....I have to insert some id? and where? help please....damn upgrade was all perfect before....please help me

Hi,

I've got the same issue "PCI configuration Init" on my XPS 1330 (with Nvidia). I solved also it by using the "compatible" Mountain Lion IOPCIFamily.kext that Netkas provided on his site (waiting for a better DSDT solution if someone found it ;)).

However, now I'm stuck after "DMOS has arrived"... Not possible to finish the 10.7.4 boot (I'm exactly at the same point in my tentative to install Mountain Lion). Imust admit that I'm a bit lost here...

Some ideas ?

hi Darwin X, after I've upgraded to lion 10.7.4, first I had some problem to boot because it stopped with the message "pci configuration init" or something like this, then I've installed the IOPCIFamily and the boot finally ended succesfully. But now my bcm 94311 isn't recognized, and the boot is slow...can you upload your extra folder , the kexts for S/L/E , and tell what Chameleon version are you using...about the bcm, in system preference it tell me that it's off but in the bar say that no hardware is installed....I have to insert some id? and where? help please....damn upgrade was all perfect before....please help me

The PCI configuration error during the boot up process is completely resolved with the regression to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5. Here is my current configuration:

Dell XPS M1530 - 10.7.4.zip AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5.zip

• Like 1

I'm always stuck after "DMOS has arrived". 10 hours later, always at the same point so, it's not just a question of time :P. Nobody tried to install 10.7.4 on XPS 1330 (Nvidia model) ?

Note: I've got a look inside the info.plist of the NVDA50hal.kext, and there is some change with 10.7.3 (I look at the Mountain Lion one, but I'm quite sure that they did the same change in 10.7.4). So, it's possible that now our 8400GS is no recognized anymore. As Mountail Lion has no more VESA driver, it seems to be a good indication ;). I will keep you informed after my test (I create my Mountain Lion pen at present Time).

Note2: not right at least for 10.7.4. There is no change in the info.plist with 10.7.3. However, there is with Mountain Lion. I continue my test to create an install USB pen for it.

How can I rebuild my kext Cache if i have my hard drive connected to another Mac with USB?

I have to revert to AppleACPIPlatform to boot up my Mac cause of the PCI Configuration Begin Error.

Thanks

luigi

DarwinX, is sleep working for you?

My M1530 goes to sleep but then it doesn't wake, black screen. I have to force shutdown and when I boot up I have to reset the settings in the bios (would modded AppleRTC help in that case?)

How can I rebuild my kext Cache if i have my hard drive connected to another Mac with USB?

I have to revert to AppleACPIPlatform to boot up my Mac cause of the PCI Configuration Begin Error.

Thanks

luigi

The Repair Disk Permissions function of the DiskUtility.app rebuilds the kernelcache (prelinked kernel). Alternately, the KextWizard.app does the same.

DarwinX, is sleep working for you?

My M1530 goes to sleep but then it doesn't wake, black screen. I have to force shutdown and when I boot up I have to reset the settings in the bios (would modded AppleRTC help in that case?)

I have full sleep functionality with the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 regression, even without the AppleRTC.kext binary patch. I also have the darkwake=0 Kernel Flag in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.