[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I would like to get 10.6.8 running on my m1530 not interested in lion for now.

Would this process work ok?

- use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and retail 10.6.3 cd, partition disk and install

- 10.6.8 combo update

- use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the m1530 10.6.8 dsdt from 1st page

What else is needed? are there any settings i should change in bios before I attempt install? I have a12 bios.

What other settings need to be checked in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]?

What kexts do you recommend?

many thanks

smbios.plist, fakesmc.kext , voodoops2 for m1530

Thanks

do I add these after [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then reeboot?

i have intel wifi, does this need to be disabled?

intel wifi wont work.. remove it if possible. replace with AR5B91 or BCM94321MC

i like atheros cause of linux compatibility oob.(live distro needs no tweaks)

i dunno about [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].. im a beast on my own.

Just got my Dell 1505 in the mail today and it works perfectly right out of the box.

The only thing that isn't working for me is sleep and two finger scrolling. Oddly enough after replacing the wireless card, I can get into iTunes Match now. This laptop was used by my girlfriend previously in Windows 7, so I guess apple keeps track of the device id.

If your fan is loud, you probably need to open up the big back panel (with the screw marked M) and blow it out. I did and it is running much cooler now.

both work oob.. but it dont have to be dell. any ar5B91 works with or without pins missing. compare the pictures of azurewave . and the acer one with a few pins missing. i tested both. (and prefer atheros for linux live=no fiddling with b43 firmware mising due to propietary bcm)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c2140665f

i also have a hp bcm94321mcp p3 that i rebranded and works.

the itunes match is likely due to the "mackbook" having en0 and en1 wireless (Mac address of them becomes serial number)

also the temperatue could be lowered with this boot line which could be added to *.Boot.plist

-v GeneratePStates=Yes GenerateCStates=Yes GenerateTStates=Yes lessVolt=10

Hi Guys,

Nice to see that this thread is still live.

I have two issues with my M1530 which I h've been meaning to ask about but never got around to it. So I would be gratefull for any any input:

1) Sound output clipping (Clicking noise on playback) - tried every VoodooHDA that I could find but nver had any luck with any of them.

2)The second issue which may be off-topic as it relates to Windows 7. This relates to the Bluetooth turning off after a while. This is a known issue with win 7 and could never find a solution to it. I have googled and tried loads of drivers but in vain. This is on Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit). I thought I'd ask whether anyone has a solution for these problems. Note that Bluetooth works perfectly for me on LION and SL. In windows, I usually have to turn the Hard switch off and then on to bring it back.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Nice to see that this thread is still live.

I have two issues with my M1530 which I h've been meaning to ask about but never got around to it. So I would be gratefull for any any input:

1) Sound output clipping (Clicking noise on playback) - tried every VoodooHDA that I could find but nver had any luck with any of them.

Cheers,

To remedy this issue, in the VoodooHDA.kext's Info.plist, set Verctorize to true (yes) or simply use the properly edited VoodooHDA.kext. The same could also be achieved via the VoodooHDA.prefPane's Use SSE2 option. However, the latter solution is flawed as any VoodooHDA.prefPane changes revert to defaults upon system reboot.

VoodooHDA.kext v2.7.3

VoodooHDA.zip.zip]

To remedy this issue, in the VoodooHDA.kext's Info.plist, set Verctorize to true (yes) or simply use the properly edited VoodooHDA.kext. The same could also be achieved via the VoodooHDA.prefPane's Use SSE2 option. However, the latter solution is flawed as any VoodooHDA.prefPane changes revert to defaults upon system reboot.

VoodooHDA.zip

Hi Dx,

Many thanks for your input - I'll give that a go.

Any ideas on the Bluetooth issue ?

Have a good weekend.

Rgds.

Edit:

I was still on 2.7.2 and 'Vectorise' was set to false. However, I am now using your 2.7.3 and Prefpane. I know I can't go wrong as your M1530 is probably the best Specimen out there. My M1530 is of the same spec as your bar the screen resolution.

Hi Dx,

Many thanks for your input - I'll give that a go.

Any ideas on the Bluetooth issue ?

Have a good weekend.

Rgds.

Edit:

I was still on 2.7.2 and 'Vectorise' was set to false. However, I am now using your 2.7.3 and Prefpane. I know I can't go wrong as your M1530 is probably the best Specimen out there. My M1530 is of the same spec as your bar the screen resolution.

No problem. Since I no longer use Windows, I am unable to help you with your Windows Bluetooth issue. However, here is the kext which fully enables Apple's native Bluetooth functionality. I edited it to accomodate our specific Bluetooth hardware.

CSRAppleBluetooth.kext.zip

@RN95

I think you meant the Audio Delay therefor this fix is quite good, tread of is 1-5% pro cent CPU usage: http://www.osxlatitu...-fix-voodoohda/ or this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267905

I actually meant the crackling noise but thanks for the reference threads- They will come in handy.

Rgds

No problem. Since I no longer use Windows, I am unable to help you with your Windows Bluetooth issue. However, here is the kext which enables full native Bluetooth functionality. I edited it to accomodate our specific Bluetooth hardware.

CSRAppleBluetooth.kext.zip

Hi Dx,

Thanks for the kext. I don't use Bluetooth to its full potential (just for a mighty mouse).

Ubfortunately, I still have some dependencies on Windows, hence the dual boot.

Have a good day,

• 2 weeks later...

theres a fix for bluetooth the firmware needs to be changed so it works "with xp" and other os like linux.. and osx :P

i use dellwireless 355 bt and it came from a vista pc and wouldnt work until i ran the dell file.

(if pc came with vista it wont activate. vista driver seems to handle some of the firmware functions xp doesnt)

i found a dell update to run in xp to reset that, i ran it in xp and blue light was on at post on next reboot.

bahh i just opened my inspiron 1520 and it seems i cracked lcd earlier today.. i got a spare lcd tho :P

damit it doesnt work its from HP almost same model LTN154x3-L0D works but i have L01 and L03 that dont work.

L01 almost works but shows split image and red

inspiron 6000 XD570 should work WSXGA+

darwin i havent done lion in a while.. in fact i think i wiped the hdd i had it in. i hear u can revert some of the kexts from .7.2

FYI I upgraded my M1330 to 10.7.3 using the combo update (reports of issues with the delta update even on real Macs). It was quite uneventful and seems to work as well as 10.7.2 as far as I can tell with no changes other than removing AppleHDA.

ML - DP1

Hi Guys,

No doubt that some of you have tried Mountain Lion Install. I'm in the process of doing it but stumbled on the old [PCI Config begin]. That is at install stage using Chameleon 1820 and USB Hard Drive.

Tried all the old tricks but no luck so far.

Any success on the M1530 out there ?

Cheers

Edit 1:

Ok - Got further and installing by booting with:

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

ML - DP1

Hi Guys,

No doubt that some of you have tried Mountain Lion Install. I'm in the process of doing it but stumbled on the old [PCI Config begin]. That is at install stage using Chameleon 1820 and USB Hard Drive.

Tried all the old tricks but no luck so far.

Any success on the M1530 out there ?

Cheers

Edit 1:

Ok - Got further and installing by booting with:

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

does your dsdt have

Device (PCI0)

_UID ???

does your dsdt have

Device (PCI0)

_UID ???

Hi LatinMcG,

Yes, Of course - Like I said I tried the usual culprits. It seems something to do with the Processor definitions. I completed the Install using:

-Extra Folder from Lion

-VoodooHDA 2.73

-FakeSMC 3.1.0

-Chameleon 1820

-it seems that most things are working but only if I boot with arch=i386. When trying to boot in 64bit, I get the dreaded [PCI Config...]

-Trackpad prefpane still has the same issue as Lion.

However, there doesn't seem to be much functionality in DP1.

I can't see the Mirroring function which I wanted to test. I used to run AirServer on Lion.

Cheers