[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

the rtc parts is in dsdt. i see the m1530 doesnt take long to post after sleep reboot. my 1520 does.

queen ? uhh i dont {censored} that much.. maybe king.. (but im not as grumpy as him :jester: )

ok settled knight in notso shiny armor

AHAHAHAH sorry!!!!! I supposed "latin mac girl" AHAHAH sorry !!only now I see gender male Oh my God!!!really sorry AHAHAH

about the DSDT it's the on pg 52 in my zip. I didn't it I taken on this forum and It's that pubblished some page before.

AHAHAH Ican't believe in my error...well It's a funny error

darwinx. the likely reason for the 120% is with the SX42 and SX12 is the return to SMIX. seems we have already 8 or 16 bit (not sure of the bits but its not declared as standard acpi . hidden away in SX42)

slice had the formula for the SX## entries in dell (has to do with SMI and the way it uses varibles)

Incorrect battery percentage displayed in the menu bar isn't a major issue as it only occurs with the iStat Menus app and not with the Apple's native battery menu.

By the way, in case that you were somehow unaware, the impaired sleep functionality in our rigs is completely reversed by the Lion's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.4.0 rollback to Snow Leopard's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.3.5. Of course, this rollback is not advisable as it is not an optimal solution to this ongoing issue with the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform.

Incorrect battery percentage displayed in the menu bar isn't a major issue as it only occurs with the iStat Menus app and not with the Apple's native battery menu.

By the way, in case that you were somehow unaware, the impaired sleep functionality in our rigs is completely reversed by the Lion's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.4.0 rollback to Snow Leopard's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.3.5. Of course, this rollback is not advisable as it is not an optimal solution to this ongoing issue with the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform.

Thanks everyone for input with the sleep issue. The system is currently running flawlessly as MBP5,3 (raimdal, I agree that the system is running cooler), with the roll back of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Optimal or not, functionality and stability of the system trumps slight inconvenience for me. Rolling back this kext is no more troublesome than installing VoodooHDA for sound.

DarwinX, could you provide some insight into "the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform" or direct us to an external link? Is there a possibility that this power management could be incorporated into the DSDT?

Because of my english it's not good I'm not shure if you say it's better or not...It seems to me that you say it's better...If so I'm happy for you.

I have , a good news but I will test better in the next days, Today the nc10 netbook of a friend of mine it's dead and he give to me the wwan samsung y3100, I had read in topics on this netbook that it doesn't work but that netbook was related to leopard...so I've inserted the card without any hope...but look at the picture...I think it's working but now I don't have the possibility to test with the sim because I have not money enough on the sim...I'm waiting to see my girl-friend who have an internet-key wind..I think it's working like I see...but I'll wait to connect really..If the test will be positive I will tell you so you can insert into the list of hardware working out of the box. I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this news, in that case can you move this post in the right place? thank you

post-297597-0-51467900-1323878470_thumb.png

post-297597-0-80315600-1323878543_thumb.png

Hi @ all,

first i wanna say thx for this great thread which helped me allot to configure my m1530 to work with snow leopard.

After nearly 2 month of work i've nearly solved all problems which came along with the installation. But my last problem is the clamshell and restart option which does'nt work properly.

Everytime when i close the lid the system goes down, but wont come up. It looks like, that snow leopard overides the bios settings and can't find the entry to start osx. Anyone has an idea?

I've installed 10.6.2 via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Updated to 10.6.8 and everything works fine. I compiled a DSDT with no nVidea (but all other patches mentioned on the first site of this thread) settings and enabled the Graphicsoptions in Chameleon.

Ehm and i'am using a little modified MacBookPro5,1 smbios.

Hardware is:

DELL m1530 with 4GB RAM, C2D 2.1GHz, nVidea 8600m gt

Maybe someone can help me...

Ok, Problem is nearly solved.

I removed the Evoreboot.kext and set the uuid. Now the restart work, but not when the lid will be opened.

The boot sequence of the notebook (hardware not osx) doesnt works correctly.

Greetz

BTW: Does anyone knows how to install snow leo on an usb stick with a working bootloader?

I removed the Evoreboot.kext and set the uuid. Now the restart work, but not when the lid will be opened.

Greetz

BTW: Does anyone knows how to install snow leo on an usb stick with a working bootloader?

disk utility.. partition and set GUID.. then restore the .dmg to it. then install chameleon2.1 pkg to it and add /Extra/fakesmc and /Extra/dsdt.aml and smbios.plist

yes!!! have looking for a trackpad panel in 64bit, but the panel -working- open in 32 bit...someone on kexts com say his system is 32 bit and the panel open in 64, mine is in 64bit mode but the same panel open in 32...strange...well it's working it's not a problem but strange

• 3 weeks later...

Greetz

For lid wake see DarwinX suggestion above about rolling back a kext: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780&view=findpost&p=1778204

I was experiencing a similar situation and that helped.

Thanks everyone for input with the sleep issue. The system is currently running flawlessly as MBP5,3 (raimdal, I agree that the system is running cooler), with the roll back of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Optimal or not, functionality and stability of the system trumps slight inconvenience for me. Rolling back this kext is no more troublesome than installing VoodooHDA for sound.

DarwinX, could you provide some insight into "the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform" or direct us to an external link? Is there a possibility that this power management could be incorporated into the DSDT?

I have originally missed your question. Functionality and stability that you mentioned is the very thing that is compromised with such a systematic regression. To answer your question, frankly, I know nothing of it and dread the research. However, due to the well documented systematic difference in code, one would logically presume a loss of systematic functionality which is normally undesirable. I personally rolled back months ago. :happymac:

your trackpad panel works in 64 bit mode? mine not. two fingers is ok but the preferences p. works in 32 bit...why?

To my knowledge, the only currently viable Trackpad.prefPane for our systems possesses a 32-bit architecture.

aaa ok, thank you...Some one know what model of synaptic trackpad is compatible with m1530? I know that some m1530 have synaptic touchpad...I read in some topic "only that with synaptic touchpad" so I assume that someone have synaptic...I would to replace mine and so have also some gesture...Do you know the model or some compatible? I know it's not important but if possible why not?

Hi, I am having a small problem. I am trying to update to 10.6.8. I currently have iatkos s3 v2 - Mac OS X 10.6.3 installed on the XPS - M1530 . everything seems to work fine except the intel wifi card. How do i go about updating to 10.6.8 and then to 10.7.2 without getting any kernel panics or complete system lockups. I have the Core 2 Duo 1.83 Ghz Proc. and nvidia Geforce 8400M GS w. 128Mb Ram. I have downloaded the combo 10.6.8 update img, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], and the DSDT.aml file from this site for 10.6.8. I am a little confused on the kext files. If anyone can guide me it will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Edit: I have also downloaded the files that Darwin has placed for our rig. I downloaded the Kext Installer, but im lost. thanks again

I am pretty much all working here except sleep/lid close. I tried rolling back just the one file AppleACPIPlatform.kext and it didn't fix the problem. I also have an issue with iTunes Match I think - it keeps saying This Computer is already associated with another Apple ID - even though I can log in fine to iTunes/App Store/iCloud and I am using the same apple id for all.

I got a few PM's, so for those of you asking, here is what I did for my M1530 with a T8300 and 8600M GT (replaced the hard drive with an Intel 320 SSD, but this works for stock drive too). I have a Dell 1505 in the mail, so I used the ethernet port.

I followed the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method (http://tonymacx86.bl...ac-os-x-on.html). I first installed Snow Leopard and got my Lion USB setup using the tonyMac method. I have a retail copy of Snow Leopard and I bought Lion through the AppStore. A note, on install it kept freezing up, I feel like it might be overheating, so I let it rest for awhile and then it installed on the first shot. Another note, after installing every kext, I did a full diskutil repair permissions then ran the Kext Utility.

Once I had my Lion usb I went through the install again - formated the whole disk and installed it. (http://tonymacx86.bl...lion-using.html)

1) First boot downloaded and installed the 10.7.2 combo install and installed - rebooted

2) If you get a Still waiting on root , then boot with the flags rd=disk0s2 - then when it boots add that to the Kernal Flags

3) Installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] UserDSDT using the DSDT from the first page of this thread on desktop - replaced smbios with the one in this thread - removed Lion USB and rebooted and loaded with the newly installed Chimera

4) After I rebooted my mouse/keyboard didn't work so I had to my my bluetooth Microsoft ones to continue from here

5) Installed the attached file using Kext Helper program - this fixed my trackpad+keyboard - fixed permissions in diskutil - rebooted

6) Installed Voodoo Battery with the Kext Helper program rebooted

7) Using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installed VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 and deleted AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E

8) This is where I am - battery works, audio works, internet should work out of the box with the Dell 1505 miniPCI, with this org.chameleon.Boot.plist I get graphics detection, just verified I have QE/CI (translucent bar on top and DVD player doesn't crash). iCloud and Appstore all work, iTunes match doesn't for me. Sleep doesn't work even rolling back to the previous AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>rd=disk0s2 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

1448-TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip

Hi guys, I would like to get 10.6.8 running on my m1530 not interested in lion for now.

Would this process work ok?

- use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and retail 10.6.3 cd, partition disk and install

- 10.6.8 combo update

- use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and the m1530 10.6.8 dsdt from 1st page

What else is needed? are there any settings i should change in bios before I attempt install? I have a12 bios.

What other settings need to be checked in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]?

What kexts do you recommend?

many thanks