GA-EP45-UD3L Snow Leopard Install Guide v1.0 for Newbies

Gurujee

544 posts in this topic

Anybody with this motherboard tried 10.6.3 update ? I looked around in the forum and it seems the procedure will be the same as 10.6.2 update.

Please post if you have any results !

Thanks

Hi mate.

I heard that the update is smooth if you're not using the SleepEnabler.kext. This kext needs to be moved to trash and to replace it you'll need a version that is compatible with the 10.6.3 update.

As I don't use this kext, I believe I'll be able to update without problems like all the others users if who I spoke too. :)

Cheers,

bb.

EDIT - 10.6.3 Update

Update went fine here.

Not a single problem.

I belive the only problem that could be found is about the SleepEnabler, but this a known issue and it's easily solved. :)

By the way, all you guys using the EP-45 UD3L from Gigabyte, try looking for a guy here named Cartri. He's heading a project of a moded BIOS for Gigabyte boards that allows us to use OS X without DSDT.aml files and a maximum of 3 kexts or less... just google for Cartri in the space provided in the head of IM and go for it.

Cheers again,

bb.

Well I just did the 10.6.3 update and everything worked fine except that I had to re-install my sound kexts with kext helper but I had to do this for the 10.6.2 update too.

I don't use the SleepEnabler so no problems with this.

@breakingbad : I read about Cartri last week, looks very interesting, I will have to give this a try. I see in your specs that you use it ? You just have to flash your BIOS with Cartri's custom firmware and that's it ?

Well I just did the 10.6.3 update and everything worked fine except that I had to re-install my sound kexts with kext helper but I had to do this for the 10.6.2 update too.

I don't use the SleepEnabler so no problems with this.

@breakingbad : I read about Cartri last week, looks very interesting, I will have to give this a try. I see in your specs that you use it ? You just have to flash your BIOS with Cartri's custom firmware and that's it ?

I just did the 10.6.3 update and my set up went south. If your from canada it went to about minnesota...(probably not as bad as I thought it was) I got a "waiting for root device" error. I tried to rd=diskX "X" meaning every number under the sun with "sX" meaning every partition under the sun.....and got nothing. SO.....I reformatted and transferred through time machine....then installed chameleon rc4 and got another error. This time it was "cannot find mach_kernel".... OH WELL. So I re-booted with chameleon boot disk and had to disable IDE in my Bios in order to find my hard drive again. I have everything back with snow leopard 10.6.2 and Im afraid to turn my computer off and definitely afraid to update to 10.6.3.

I wonder what I can do. My chameleon rc4 wont work properly, but maybe there is something I can do... or maybe I could update....or maybe I should just leave it all alone. My job depends on this machine.... and ,aybe thats where Ive gone wrong. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions on what I should do....let me know.

How do I uninstall chameleon rc4??

Thanks for all the help in the forum here. I am uneducated as far as computers are concerned and you all have made it possible for me. :rolleyes:

oconnel1

Yeah mate.

It's pretty much that. :D That simple.

You just have to read his regards on how to start the Q-Flash in mobo and everything works damn fine.

And Cartri is improving his project. He finally found the error why some systems couldn't restart without using OpenHaltRestart.kext and is going to fix it in the BIOS.

And he's working in a way that generic bluetooth dongles being recongnized as built in in System Profiler. :D

Keep going to his thread. I'm pretty much there too.

Cheers,

bb.

I just did the 10.6.3 update and my set up went south. If your from canada it went to about minnesota...(probably not as bad as I thought it was) I got a "waiting for root device" error. I tried to rd=diskX "X" meaning every number under the sun with "sX" meaning every partition under the sun.....and got nothing. SO.....I reformatted and transferred through time machine....then installed chameleon rc4 and got another error. This time it was "cannot find mach_kernel".... OH WELL. So I re-booted with chameleon boot disk and had to disable IDE in my Bios in order to find my hard drive again. I have everything back with snow leopard 10.6.2 and Im afraid to turn my computer off and definitely afraid to update to 10.6.3.

I wonder what I can do. My chameleon rc4 wont work properly, but maybe there is something I can do... or maybe I could update....or maybe I should just leave it all alone. My job depends on this machine.... and ,aybe thats where Ive gone wrong. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions on what I should do....let me know.

How do I uninstall chameleon rc4??

Thanks for all the help in the forum here. I am uneducated as far as computers are concerned and you all have made it possible for me. :(

oconnel1

Hi oconnel.

Well, the update to 10.6.3 is a simple process.

Have you deleted the SleepEnabler.kext before updating to 10.6.3 ? It's a rule of thumb to move this file to trash before updating. It causes KP on rebooting. If you have an Leopard or a backed up version of your SL partition working, delete this file and I believe everything should be OK. Try that and then let us know what happens.

Cheers,

bb.

This tutorial worked for me.  I am running 10.6.0 with Quartz extreme, internet through LAN, VIA based firewire PCI adapter where I get audio from and I can import from (H)DV cameras.

I didn't bother with the internal sound device.

I am running Final Cut Studio 3, flawlessly.

My only problem is: that the CMOS settings reset on every boot. So I have to load my saved settings each time I boot up and then use F12 to choose the right HDD or else it will try and boot from my USB devices.   It's not a huge problem anyways, only sets me back about half a minute on each boot.  But if anyone could suggest a solution, I would be grateful.

At first I had the problem of rebooting when loading the installation DVD with IDE enabled, so I had to get a SATA CD drive to install.

No other problems to so far. USB devices eject properly here, btw.

anyways, thanks for a great tutorial!

my setup is as follows:

GIGABYTE  EP45-UD3L  (BIOS rev. 6)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

Corsair 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz CL5

ASUS GeForce GTS250 DDR3 1GB

some VIA based Firewire PCI card (was plug and play)

Presonus Firebox audio.  (was plug and play)

Acer AL2216W monitor (1600x1050 @ 60Hz)

Well, the update to 10.6.3 is a simple process.

Have you deleted the SleepEnabler.kext before updating to 10.6.3 ? It's a rule of thumb to move this file to trash before updating. It causes KP on rebooting. If you have an Leopard or a backed up version of your SL partition working, delete this file and I believe everything should be OK. Try that and then let us know what happens.

Cheers,

bb.

Hey, bb!

Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere for updating?  I've been looking and searching the forum and wiki but this is the only thing I have come up with: 'something, something sleepenabler' 

Do you download the update or just simply go to software update in the apple menu?

What precautions should one take?

How about backing up and (possibly) restoring your system if update fails?

cheers!

Hi,

Would you mind updating your GUIDE for noobs like me , how to do it stap by step, using the new bios written for this board here

http://cartri.blogspot.com/search/label/Pr...3L%20Mac%20Bios

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce that now EP45-UD3L is running Snow Leopard in 64bit mode. I am updating my guide posted above and will come back soon with new updates.

Cheerz :(

This tutorial worked for me.  I am running 10.6.0 with Quartz extreme, internet through LAN, VIA based firewire PCI adapter where I get audio from and I can import from (H)DV cameras.

I didn't bother with the internal sound device.

I am running Final Cut Studio 3, flawlessly.

My only problem is: that the CMOS settings reset on every boot. So I have to load my saved settings each time I boot up and then use F12 to choose the right HDD or else it will try and boot from my USB devices.   It's not a huge problem anyways, only sets me back about half a minute on each boot.  But if anyone could suggest a solution, I would be grateful.

At first I had the problem of rebooting when loading the installation DVD with IDE enabled, so I had to get a SATA CD drive to install.

No other problems to so far. USB devices eject properly here, btw.

anyways, thanks for a great tutorial!

my setup is as follows:

GIGABYTE  EP45-UD3L  (BIOS rev. 6)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

Corsair 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz CL5

ASUS GeForce GTS250 DDR3 1GB

some VIA based Firewire PCI card (was plug and play)

Presonus Firebox audio.  (was plug and play)

Acer AL2216W monitor (1600x1050 @ 60Hz)

Hey, bb!

Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere for updating?  I've been looking and searching the forum and wiki but this is the only thing I have come up with: 'something, something sleepenabler' 

Do you download the update or just simply go to software update in the apple menu?

What precautions should one take?

How about backing up and (possibly) restoring your system if update fails?

cheers!

Hi TinTim.

Well, there's no special tutorial for updating since the update is quite simple.

What you should do is to donwload the 10.6.3 Combo Update to go straight to 10.6.3 without passing through 10.6.1 and 10.6.2...

Download it in Apple Website.

If you clone your working system partition, of course it will take less time to recover if something goes wrong with the update.

But I belive that if you're using Chameleon 2 RC4 + 10.6 PC EFI boot file, erase the SleepEnabler and DSMOS kexts from the Extra/Extensions folder you'll face no problem at all.

Let us know what happens when you do the update.

Cheers,

bb.

But I belive that if you're using Chameleon 2 RC4 + 10.6 PC EFI boot file, erase the SleepEnabler and DSMOS kexts from the Extra/Extensions folder you'll face no problem at all.

Let us know what happens when you do the update.

Cheers,

bb.

bb

I didn't have sleepenabler.kext so Im not sure why i got my errors. So i installed pc efi boot file and thought I had chameleon 2 rc4 installed.....but I put the dsmos kexts in the trash and tried the 10.6.3 update again. I rebooted and got the pc efi logo and my hard drive was there....but I pressed enter and nothing happened. Its like it was frozen. I couldn't type rd=disk0 either. SO....I put my chameleon 3 bootloader CD in and it found my hard drive, but I got kernel panic when I selected it.

>

you had mentioned how to go into terminal and move files around or delete files. do i just load my snow leopard retail and got to terminal? Do you know which files I need to move or remove?? The panic mentioned something like com.apple.dsmos(1.0.0d1...)

Thanks Again

For whatever reason....This morning I booted my system and everything is working fine.

I have:

• com.apple.Boot.plist
  • Extensions FOLDER
  • extensions.mkext
  • smbios.plist

in my Extra FOLDER and ...

• AHIPortinjhector.kext

• AppleIntelInjector.kext
  • ATAPortInjector.kext
  • fakesmc.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • PlatformUUID.kext

In my Extensions FOLDER

Im using a EP45-UD3L Gigabyte mobo with GeForce 9800GT 1gig Video Card (working through custom kext generator in osx86 tools ). Baracuda SATA 500gig, Samsung SynchMaster, 8gig (4_ 2gig sticks) 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM of various manufactures, Intel Quad 2.83 GHz, NOW....Thanks to all you beautiful People....Running 10.6.3!!!!

I use Final Cut Pro

Cinema 4D with net render connecting 4 other computers that are MAC and PC

Time Machine

Adobe Suite in 64 bit

Internet Working

Audio is Turtle Beach usb stick

usb Aluminum low profile mac keyboard fully functioning

usb mouse

I dont use sleepEnabler.kext

I Put my dsmos.kext in the trash

I installed Chameleon 2 RC4 and the PC EFI boot then updated combined to 10.6.3

Update Restarted.... (I got Kernel Panic the first time around....went to bed....woke up tried booting again and It worked like a charm...no boot cd!!)

Muchas Thanks again to all you super brain people

** I am computer illiterate and even I can rob steve jobs of a couple thousand US dollars$$ ** :)

@oconnel1

Hi mate.

Nice to read that system booted fine after a KP. :unsure:

You should now repair permissions using Disk Utility so you can have a system working perfect and permissions set right.

I can recommend you too, using or Onyx or CleanMyMac to do a good clean in files that are not necessary and you'll have a system running smooth.

Cheers,

bb.

P.S. - Look for Cartri in here to know his project about a EP45-UD3L moded BIOS. His project is amazing. With his moded BIOS for OSX, no DSDT.aml and most of the kexts you keep in your /Extra/Extensions folder are not necessary. :D

Mates...

i'm with Cartri's Mac Bios for UD3LR !!

Oh yeah, no dsdt, i've got sleep/wake, everything works.. and w7 on the other disk fine!

Hi SomniusX

Tell everybody... Cartri BIOS Mac Edition isn't a gold mine??

No more KP's, no more lots of kexts...

I'm a huge fan of his project... even knowing that my rig is suitable for OS X using DSDT.aml and the other kexts...

Cheers,

bb.

EDIT - New Fixed Releases from Cartri

Hi all.

I'm passing by here to say that Cartri released some BIOS with the fix for Sleep/Wake function and some others.

It's really nice to go there and check it out !!

Cheers again,

bb.

This has probably already been mentioned in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I updated to 10.6.3 via Software Update with no problems whatsoever.

I'll also DEFINITELY be trying out Cartri's work when next I reinstall OS X. :)

This has probably already been mentioned in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I updated to 10.6.3 via Software Update with no problems whatsoever.

I'll also DEFINITELY be trying out Cartri's work when next I reinstall OS X. :D

Well Tosk, in fact you don't need to do a reinstall of OS X to use Cartri BIOS Mac Edition.

You can simply flash your BIOS with his moded file, follow the User Manual instructions for the first time booting with his BIOS and go for it.

It will work so damn fine.

Mine here is working flawlessly.

Have no problem with it.

I'm just not running my system with 1 kext in /Extra/Extensions folder because:

- I use an IDE DVD that needs JMicronATA.kext

- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext to not have HDD being recognized as external drives

- VoodooMonitor.kext to check temps.

If wasn't that, I would only need fakesmc.kext in the folder. Isn't that amazing???

Cheers,

bb.

@bb

With Onyx

Do I clean the cache on kernel and everything?

I'm trying to grow the huevos to flash my bios and try this Catri's solution. I think I will try it on a new machine. Looks like its the ticket!

Thanks bb

I use it here without a problem.

Every time I perform a cleaning in my system, I add the kernel boot caches to be cleaned too.

If you're a little scared of this option, you can use another cleaner called CleanMyMac or just leave the kernel option unchecked.

Well mate, about the BIOS from Cartri you don't need to grow anything. :)

The file works so damn fine, that you won't wanna go back to using DSDT and the amount of kexts you use today. There's no problem with it. I myself use it and don't want to know about DSDT anymore. I'm pretty happy with it. Cartri fixed the issues on Sleep/Wake/Reboot and system is running smooth. Without a single KP yet.

Cartri is already working on the 0.8 version for our board and as he told in the forum, he is going to fix something on the Speedstep so system will running more stable and I believe measuring temps won't be a problem anymore. Let's wait and see.

Go tho his forum and see what people say about it. :D

Cheers,

bb.

@bb

sscratch that KP. I updated to the 10.6.3 Supplemental and now my set up is booting fine with out a boot disk and I still need to try catri's solution.

Im assuming I just follow his instructions......although Im having trouble finding out where I down load the bios and which ones.

I am using F8 bios right now on a ep45 ud3l.

Everyhthing is running smooth!

Thanks Guys.

• 2 weeks later...
@bb

sscratch that KP. I updated to the 10.6.3 Supplemental and now my set up is booting fine with out a boot disk and I still need to try catri's solution.

Im assuming I just follow his instructions......although Im having trouble finding out where I down load the bios and which ones.

I am using F8 bios right now on a ep45 ud3l.

Everyhthing is running smooth!

Thanks Guys.

Hi oconnel.

Sorry for my late response. I´m facing troubles around here and due heavy rain and constant power loss in my state, my PSU burnt and seems that my mobo is gone too. :( But I´m already working in a solution for it.

Yeah, download the Cartri BIOS for EP45-UD3L from here.

Pay attention to the instructions and follow it exactly as said or you may face problems. Just move the files to trash when you´re sure that system is working without it, OK?

I´m pretty sure that everything is gonna be fine following its guide.

Cheers,

bb.

Hey guys,

It seems i'm having trouble getting to the install part of this guide. I have chosen the following specifiations:

GA-EP45-UD3L

GeForce 9800GT 1GB Nvidia

4gb OCZ Titanium DDR2 PC 6400

I have tweaked the bios settings as listed, and properly burned the chameleon cd. When i load the cd, swap out for Snow leopard($29 disk), and hit f5 it halts with an error of, "This computer needs to be restarted".

I have looked this error up and apparently its something called a kernal panic. I have tried taking out 2gb of ram, and differently switches like -x -v -f without even knowing what they do. I'm guessing -v is verbose as it shows that it stops at something called panic.

I really don't wanna scrap this project and i still believe mac's are too expensive and this rig only cost $730. Any assistance getting past this "panic" screen would help.

Just tried Boot132 and ran into another error. It freezes on the Darwin/x86 part. Load Mach_Kernal from etc.

Just can't catch a break with this stuff.

Hi Nuse.

I don´t remember exactly the page where you can find, but there´s another Boot132 disk available wich was create by verdant and this one works incredible fine. I know that because it´s the same I use here. :)

Give a try on it. Try looking for page 7 to 10... but I´m not sure about where exactly it is.

Any other doubt about the install process, come back here so we can help you with it.

Cheers,

bb.

Hey Breaking,

Thanks for the tip. I got much farther than ever using that iso. I was able to load snow leopard, partition the drive and start the installation. Mid installation however it restarted and now its stuck on the verifying dmi pool data part.

I dont know what to do next, what are you supposed to do after it restarts?

Actually i just checked my bios and my optical and my hard drive aren't being recognized in Standard CMOS features...what the hell happened.

So putting the bios from ahci to ide let the drives reappear. But i had to set it from ide to ahci to go further in the snow leopard install. I'm so confused at all this.

So i restarted the install process(probably shouldn't have), and the blue bar froze with about 39 minutes remaining. I hear the computer still processing and the dvd drive is still being accessed here and there so i'm just gonna let it run its course.

Why im saying i probably shouldn't have restarted the install is i ran into a boot132 guide that says you're supposed to boot up into the hard drive after it installs. Even as a IT tech this stuff is a little confusing.

Install did its fail thing and the computer restarted. This is where i was at a half hour ago. I looked at a guide and it says to put your HD that was just installed upon as the boot. I did that, it was 80 for me, and when i boot with a -v i get stuck at "Loading HFS+ file: [Mach_kernal] from 422ed40".

So it seems i'm stuck at the part just before you load OSX and start using it. What a drag. I've tried booting into the hd using chameleon, multiple boot 132 iso's(up to 4 now), and using every switch imaginable. I was really excited that i was making progress until this.

Alright i think my main problem is that i've been following multiple guides to try and get this working. I have come to the conclusion that that is a bad idea.

I'm going to stick to my guns and get it working just from this forum/thread alone.

I got through the entire installation and using a guide on liquid-team i think i messed up some efi injections. So now i'm going through the install one more time.

So i restarted the install process(probably shouldn't have), and the blue bar froze with about 39 minutes remaining. I hear the computer still processing and the dvd drive is still being accessed here and there so i'm just gonna let it run its course.

Why im saying i probably shouldn't have restarted the install is i ran into a boot132 guide that says you're supposed to boot up into the hard drive after it installs. Even as a IT tech this stuff is a little confusing.

Install did its fail thing and the computer restarted. This is where i was at a half hour ago. I looked at a guide and it says to put your HD that was just installed upon as the boot. I did that, it was 80 for me, and when i boot with a -v i get stuck at "Loading HFS+ file: [Mach_kernal] from 422ed40".

So it seems i'm stuck at the part just before you load OSX and start using it. What a drag. I've tried booting into the hd using chameleon, multiple boot 132 iso's(up to 4 now), and using every switch imaginable. I was really excited that i was making progress until this.

Alright i think my main problem is that i've been following multiple guides to try and get this working. I have come to the conclusion that that is a bad idea.

I'm going to stick to my guns and get it working just from this forum/thread alone.

I got through the entire installation and using a guide on liquid-team i think i messed up some efi injections. So now i'm going through the install one more time.

Hi Nuse.

Well, you need the boot disk even after the installation because the install itself doesn´t allow you to start system properly. For that, you´ll need the Chameleon Bootloader. After the installation you´ll need to keep the boot CD in the drive and follow the steps as you would install the system, but this time you will have the partition where you installed the SL and you´ll be able to boot into it.

After the boot, you will install the Chameleon Bootloader into the partition where you installed the SL so you´ll be able to boot w/o the boot disk.

Remember that you will have to keep files like DSDT.aml into the root folder and you´ll need to create in the root a folder called EXTRA - where you´ll keep files like com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist. In EXTRA you´ll need another folder called EXTENSIONS where you´ll need to keep some files according to your rig specs.

Don´t mind if in the process you may need to format your partition a lot. It´s normal. You should keep your partition formated as GPT to keep things simple. MBR is not very nice to work with using OS X. :)

Cheers,

bb.

"Hi Nuse.

Well, you need the boot disk even after the installation because the install itself doesn´t allow you to start system properly. For that, you´ll need the Chameleon Bootloader. After the installation you´ll need to keep the boot CD in the drive and follow the steps as you would install the system, but this time you will have the partition where you installed the SL and you´ll be able to boot into it."

So i would be using the cd that i burned by Verdant? I'm definitely getting some terms mixed up. Chameleon 1/2, Boot132, Darwinx86. How i got into the installation to begin with was using Verdant's disk(it has an apple logo and Darwinx86 on the splash screen). You mean after i install, then boot into and get past the welcome screen/user account creation, that i have to boot up once more with verdant's cd? This time instead of partitioning i will instead this bootloader?

"After the boot, you will install the Chameleon Bootloader into the partition where you installed the SL so you´ll be able to boot w/o the boot disk."?

Once again, i have multiple cds burned any specific version i should be installing?

"Remember that you will have to keep files like DSDT.aml into the root folder and you´ll need to create in the root a folder called EXTRA - where you´ll keep files like com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist. In EXTRA you´ll need another folder called EXTENSIONS where you´ll need to keep some files according to your rig specs."

I just flashed my bios using Catri's MAC bios for the UD3L mobo. I don't know if i should have, but supposedly it helps with the DSDT stuff, am i correct? Even with the mac bios do i need additional steps?

Lastly let me reiterate my latest problem.

1)I can boot into SL using verdant's cd and swapping and typing -v -f

2)I can partition using guid and install using snow leopard to my sata drive.

3)Using verdant cd once more i can get into partitioned hd using -v -f switch. Welcome video plays i go past registration and create new account.

4)This is where i have trouble. I'm not familiar with efi strings/kexts or whatever needs to be done to keep this stable. I keep using osx86 tools and ui installer improperly apparently, and when i go to reboot i get a black screen with a cursor that stays there, then it goes back into osx frozen. I wait 15-20 minutes then force a restart.

5)I try to relogon to osx partition using -v -f and i get a panic kernel like i messed something up(probably did).

So its a matter of the post-installation stuff that i have trouble with.

"Hi Nuse.

Well, you need the boot disk even after the installation because the install itself doesn´t allow you to start system properly. For that, you´ll need the Chameleon Bootloader. After the installation you´ll need to keep the boot CD in the drive and follow the steps as you would install the system, but this time you will have the partition where you installed the SL and you´ll be able to boot into it."

So i would be using the cd that i burned by Verdant? I'm definitely getting some terms mixed up. Chameleon 1/2, Boot132, Darwinx86. How i got into the installation to begin with was using Verdant's disk(it has an apple logo and Darwinx86 on the splash screen). You mean after i install, then boot into and get past the welcome screen/user account creation, that i have to boot up once more with verdant's cd? This time instead of partitioning i will instead this bootloader?

"After the boot, you will install the Chameleon Bootloader into the partition where you installed the SL so you´ll be able to boot w/o the boot disk."?

Once again, i have multiple cds burned any specific version i should be installing?

"Remember that you will have to keep files like DSDT.aml into the root folder and you´ll need to create in the root a folder called EXTRA - where you´ll keep files like com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist. In EXTRA you´ll need another folder called EXTENSIONS where you´ll need to keep some files according to your rig specs."

I just flashed my bios using Catri's MAC bios for the UD3L mobo. I don't know if i should have, but supposedly it helps with the DSDT stuff, am i correct? Even with the mac bios do i need additional steps?

Lastly let me reiterate my latest problem.

1)I can boot into SL using verdant's cd and swapping and typing -v -f

2)I can partition using guid and install using snow leopard to my sata drive.

3)Using verdant cd once more i can get into partitioned hd using -v -f switch. Welcome video plays i go past registration and create new account.

4)This is where i have trouble. I'm not familiar with efi strings/kexts or whatever needs to be done to keep this stable. I keep using osx86 tools and ui installer improperly apparently, and when i go to reboot i get a black screen with a cursor that stays there, then it goes back into osx frozen. I wait 15-20 minutes then force a restart.

5)I try to relogon to osx partition using -v -f and i get a panic kernel like i messed something up(probably did).

So its a matter of the post-installation stuff that i have trouble with.

Well, if you believe you messed with the install, start a fresh one. It´s much better then fixing it.

What you should do is:

1 - Use verdant´s boot disk to get started on the install process.

2 - After the disk is loaded, change the disk for the one with Snow Leo;

3 - Format the partition and proceed install.

4 - After the install, you´ll be asked to reboot. Reboot, but change the disk and insert the boot disk again, but this time you´ll see the partition where you installed Snow Leo. Do whatever is asked on the registration and you´ll log into system.

5 - The next step is to install Chameleon 2 RC4 bootloader into the SL partition, so you won´t need the disk to boot everytime you start.

6 - Create the EXTRA and EXTENSIONS folder into the root.

7 - In EXTRA, use these files: DSDT.aml + com.apple.Boot.plist + smbios.plist (use the smbios for MacPro3,1)

8 - In the /Extra/Extensions folder, place the kexts you may need to run system and some other hardware you own.

As you see, I kinda explained in simple steps. The kexts you should place in /Extra/Extensions folder I believe can be find in the first post.

Do you own the same board of the thread? If yes, google for Cartri in the top of the page and look for the thread on his BIOS project for some Gigabyte boards. It will help you a lot using his BIOS for an EP45-UD3L board. :)

Cheers,

bb.