GA-EP45-UD3L Snow Leopard Install Guide v1.0 for Newbies

Gurujee

544 posts in this topic

yes bios is in achi mode all the time under win7, I think it's the ide dvd drive . I tried a 10.5.6 os x version and it gives me still waiting for root device.Any ideas? Thks

The IDE DVDRW should be jumper set and connected as Master to the MOBO using an 80-wire IDE cable.......but if you are still getting the "still waiting for root device" error, the correct kext for the SATA/PATA controller is not being loaded when the DVD boots......are you able to boot to the DVD installer acreen in 10.5.6, or ibn Snow Leopard?

Thks for reply , the ide dvd drive is set as master to the mobo as seen in bios.

When the 10.5.6 dvd boots it goes through a set of things under verbose mode and then it just hangs there with waiting for root device error ,which shows up one after another.Don't know where to go from here.Thks

Thks for reply , the ide dvd drive is set as master to the mobo as seen in bios.

When the 10.5.6 dvd boots it goes through a set of things under verbose mode and then it just hangs there with waiting for root device error ,which shows up one after another.Don't know where to go from here.Thks

Why do you not try a Retail Install using the guide in this thread and my Boot132DVD that I made for GA-EP45-UD3L owners using this guide........

- Record it into a DVD or DVD-RW disk as slow as you can;

- Boot with this disk. When it starts, eject the media, insert SL install disk and press F5. Instructions are already on screen

- Boot using flags -v -f arch=i386

Thks I'll try that, just one question the reatails I see are all .dmg files which can be converted to iso after.Should I download the dmg version or a already converted iso file?Thks

With an .iso file you can just make a DVD copy as the .iso file is a virtual DVD......otherwise, see here..... :P

ok so convertint done now all I need is a dual layer disc, or can I load this onto my usb external hard drive and try to install or mount it there? Thks

Try it.........it may work........

Thks for the info but this still does not help me with installing snow leopard .I don't currently have any hackintosh on my machine,just win 7. I have the untouched snow leopard.dmg but would like to install it either on another partition of my hard drive or use my external usb drive to install it.

I can also use my dvd burner ,but it's ide and just keeps giving me errors when trying to install.Hope u can get around my dilemma? Thks

So this is what I did I got the ipc 10.5.6 dvd and the unetbootin app to put it all on my usb partition, all went fine.When I bootup I use the boot123 disc,then I reject disc,after which gives me options to install from whatever partition I want I choose from my hard drive or my usb drive. Ipcosx86 ,it starts then gives me an error with a big box ,pls restart your machine or power down your computer, you know that error message.what am I doing wrong now?

Anybody here?

Hi mate.

Are you trying to install OS X into same HDD as W7 or a clean one?

Sometimes partitioned HDD is are not good to install it.

And I recommend you go here and look for the mod BIOS for your board.

Flash it with the new BIOS file and you'll need no Extra folder to your system or even any other extra kext to make system work.

Cheers,

bb.

Thks for reply ,yes it is on same hard drive but another partition. I tried another ide drive ,no luck there either. I am sure it is the ide dvd drive giving me problems.

I'll look into the bios thing.Thks

My suggestions to you are:

- Try using a blank non formatted HDD just for OS X;

- Flash your mobo BIOS using the mod BIOS provided by Cartri at the site I told you before;

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to install it to your system without a single problem.

Cheers,

bb.

P.S. - It will be nice to see your hardware specs in your signature. More info, easy help. :(

Thks for reply ,just one inportant question ,, do you think with flashing with the catri bios and using the ide dvd drive it will still work?

I think no matter what the dvd drive is the problem. I might be wrong.

Hi mate.

Big thing is: if you're facing kext problems, using the BIOS should solve it because you won't need any kext for it. Before I change to the latest BIOS version from Cartri, I had to use an specific kext into my /Extra/Extensions folder to make it work OK. Now I have no kext and it's working fine, meaning, system recognizes it w/o problems but I'm facing physical problems with it.

But, in the other hand, if you're facing problems with it even using other OS's BIOS won't solve it no way. :)

Cheers,

bb.

So really to see the only way that I can see if it is the ide dvd drive that is the problem is to update with catri bios and test.Right?

Nope. This isn't the only way to do it.

What I'm telling you is: if your drive is facing problems on using the right or wrong kext, using BIOS from Cartri should tell you if this is REALLY the problem because BIOS was mod to OS X works closer to real macs as possible, so it will load the drive without problems.

But in the other hand, if your drive has any different problems, it may not be recognized even using Cartri BIOS.

I'm assuming that your drive is working fine under Windows or Linux, but no in OS X.

To make a long story short, using BIOS from Cartri it will make your life piece of cake on installing OS X to your HDD. :(

Cheers,

bb.

Thks for that, just a question though how much does this Catri bios affect settings in bios, meaning can I still overclock ,and change settings for windows?

oh and yes ide dvd drive is working fine in windows. Thks again

Let's say that your BIOS settings has no problems on using Cartri mod.

It was written to make system talks better with hardware. Without it, you would need an folder placed in root with so many other kexts to make hardware works as it should. This BIOS allows you to run OS X without any other kexts.

You'll be able to overclock. I use it and my BIOS is completely tweaked. :yoji:

What Cartri did in BIOS isn't "visible" to us.

Same settings for Windows. No problems with it.

You may face some adjustment problems with the time clock but there's a fix for that.

Cheers,

bb.

I'd like to note something out about the ep45-ur3lr mobo on 10.6.4 about "audio" and the damn 889a chip

i'm using cartri's macbios v0.7m and i've tried everything, hdaenabler, patched legacyhda, patched applehda on e/e and s/l/e, plus all combinations found on the net.. nothing.. plus straight voodoohda

the only way was with a patched voodoohda and the helper run on boot, if not i get KP on each boot.

i'm gonna quote the way i did it for future reference, works ok sound ok it just cracks after sleep/wake but now i'm on ssd so i boot in 8-9secs (;))

Where to put VoodooHDA.kext

20101027-fdw9hym76r3m2d7d1rr1uj7nuy.png

info /System/Library/Extensions using Kext Helper and then Kext Utility and NO REBOOT "YET"

Where to put the "Helper" app

20101027-831rx7q1xs5nei8uk2w18x4a36.png

copy the VoodooHDA folder that has "voodoohdahelper" inside it as the picture about info /Library so it's gonna be like /Library/VoodooHDA/voodoohdahelper..

Now for the Launcher App to use "voodoohdahelper" on each boot.

Take the "Voodoo HDA Helper.app"

20101027-ksefdkgstyu8gqm7a19r5ktxfy.png

and place it inside your /Applications/Utilities folder

20101027-kt9f6bxjmcf8xtrxegitmxyc99.png

Then open System Preferences and go to

20101027-1bnha8bk8iq2uj16mxsw6w9f77.png

and to "Login items" tab then..

Drag Voodoo HDA Helper.app from inside Utilities into the startup Apps box so its going to be executed on each boot without popping up a Terminal window

20101027-bsmjibntjxki89w5yb23x5rjrh.png

and thats it mates..

download the .zip with all the files needed for this guide from here http://hellasproject.com/files/voodoo_guide.zip

(if someone likes to mirror it please be my guest, inside also is this guide to copy paste it on other forums [bbcode ready] that is :D)

hope it helps..

if someone knows a better way by using other kext like AppleHDA (patched) please guide me through ! Thank you!

Hi mate.

Thanks for sharing your experience here with us.

Knowledge is never enough. :)

Cheers,

bb.

EDIT - Breaking News

10.6.5 is out. I'll be updating my system soon and as I do it I'll post news on it.

Cheers once again,

BB.

EDIT 2 - Good News

Update went smooth.

Lost only sound. But I read that is not a big deal, since you can rollback driver to an previous working version an voi lá, sound is back. I'll try this method and post news on it.

Cheers,

BB.

EDIT 3 - Sound's back

Hi all.

When updating, if your sound fails do the following.

Download this file here;

Replace AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E

Repair Permissions

Fire up Terminal and type - sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot and voi lá.

Sound is back.

• 3 weeks later...