Install Guide for Snow Leopard on a P6T (non deluxe)

Searay_X

Please tell me about your experience with this guide ;)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Did it work for you?

• Yes
    • No

550 posts in this topic

I have a jumping mousecursor. As if the mouse is stopping for the fraction of a second and moves then again. Does anybody encountered the same problem?

I have a GF9800GTX and used osx86Tools to generate the korrekt EFI-strings for my videocard. Could someone post the correct EFI-strings for a 9800GTX?

This is what the System-Profiler says:

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX DDL:

Chipsatz-Modell: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX DDL

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 512 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Ger�te-ID: 0x0613

Versions-ID: 0x00a2

ROM-Version: 3172a

Monitore:

DELL 2005FPW:

Aufl�sung: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterst�tzt

hp L2035:

Aufl�sung: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterst�tzt

Thanks in advance,

Solo

You don't need an EFI string. I have a 9800 GT and I deleted the device-id and EFI string and replaced it with the following:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>yes</string>

Everything is recognized properly by the system profiler and I'm not having any issues. I didn't have problems with the previous 9600 OC string included in the guide by Searay until I read a few things about other methods of building a Vanilla system, and using this boot flag was one of them. It has worked perfectly with all of my systems so far.

On an unrelated note, I found out that my problems with drive speed was due to a conflict with I/O. I finally overcame my fear of hacking the DSDT and found out that there were several known changes that I needed to do, especially in my SATA configuration. Now everything is as it was with Leopard where if you blink, you'll miss the loading screens of apps such as Final Cut and Photoshop. Hacking the DSDT is actually pretty straightforward and if you get the DSDTSE-1 , for example, most of the code is already "canned" and ready for you to overwrite, edit, or insert...whatever the case may be. You just use the app to open your "functioning" DSDT. The safest way is to edit it one section or hack at a time, compile it to make sure it's correct and without errors, test with a reboot, and then proceed to the next section and the next hack. I went back and edited another DSDT file I had and managed to get 6 hacks edited, compiled, and installed in my magic stick in 15 minutes from start to finish...and a couple of hours earlier I had no idea how to use the compiler. Most of those two hours were just reading the hack examples included with the compiler and finding the similar code in my file before I actually proceeded to make the changes. If you understand the boot files and have a good idea of what is going on in the smbios.plist, you'll have an easy time optimizing your DSDT.

For example, the changes I made I found out actually matched the Searay's DSDT. Why his doesn't work in my system isn't ready apparent but sooner or later I'll figure it out. This, however, is why it's important to have several DSDT files that you can test and go from there. In this case RTC, HPET, PIC, and a couple of others required either adding or deleting small amounts of code, primarily the IRQ related code to get it to match the IRQ of the MacPro4,1, or at least free up a conflict that would make a difference that is as apparent as the difference between night and day. I haven't tested by Geekbench scores (since I need to reinstall the app) but there's no reason since it's pretty obvious that the 11,000 scoring system that took hours to verify or repair permissions or 10 hours to copy 90 gigs worth of files can now copy the same 90 gigs of data in about 5 minutes and verify permissions within seconds now.

I'm still hesitant about upgrading to 10.6.2 since I've yet to see anyone whose system shows anything other than "Unknown" or otherwise identifies the processor. Just for a few days I'll stop being greedy and just have fun with this MacPro destroyer :) Sooner or later the 10.6.2 issues will be sorted out.

I managed to get 10.6.2 fully working in my pc and is really fast. Faster than 10.6.1.

My system is: p6t + i7 920 + 6gb ram + gtx 260

I'm a newbie to the Hackintosh world so I really can't describe step by step the right procedure because I really don't fully understand a lot of the things that I have tried to achieve the goal. :blush:

I used a lot of info from HERE.

I started with magic stick created with the dmg file from the first post in this thread and after a lot of tries finally changed this things:

1- "boot" file taken from PC EFI 10.5 from netkas site (don't think it's necessary)

2- dsdt file from the site linked above

3- remove all kext from EXTRA/Extension

4- put in EXTRA/Extension the kext from the attached file + fakesmc.kext (see netkas.org for latest SL version) + audio kext from this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

5- removed old kext from Library/Extension on Snow Leopard drive and installed the new ones with KextHelper and Kextutility

The only thing not working is cpu detection (any idea?? I read that with PC EFI 10.5 my cpu should be recognized...)

I know this is not really a guide, I only hope that my work can be useful to someone with more experience than me in the hackintosh world.

P.S. Sorry for my english! :D

Hi

I need some help. Ive tried a few versions of installations, but no success, just a black screen on boot up. Your setup seems almost identical to mine. Im new to this but i now seem to be going in circles with numerous kexts and installation methods.

Since the files that are needed for installation dont seem to be here anymore and you have had success with this setup. Would it be possible for yourself or someone to upload all nesessary files in one post. Also a link to the bios settings. as they dont seem to be up here anymore.

My system is

p6t (normal)801 bios

6gb ram

i7 920

295 gtx

Thanks for the help!!

Alexdbad

Is there anyway to install this for a P6T without a MAC? I got two Windows machines and a 8GB thumb drive. I heard there is an application out there to get OSX onto the thumb drive via a Windows based computer.

You actually don't need a Mac. Having one just lessens your necessary steps from point A to point B. Without one you'll need to get your system booting 10.5.8 first. For this to happen you'll need to do a Leopard install via a retail disk and a 132 boot disk but I've never tried that method. The only thing I've tried before was the distros from ideneb, ipc, iaktos, etc. Actually I've tried several variations but the only one that worked was the iAKTOS v7 that you can download and create an iso and then use that to get your system up and running fairly quickly.

The most important step is finding a DSDT file for your system and there are several posted online for the P6T. I guess that's a {censored} shoot there. Other ASUS DSDT may also work as a Rampage II Extreme helped to get my system going but I later found out that it didn't take into account the IRQ conflicts that made my RAID and SSD crawl. Why I didn't see problems with it until later is still a mystery since it was initially screamingly fast. Dumb luck in my settings I suppose that I changed by mistake. Get at least 3 DSDT files before you begin.

The most important trick I've discovered that I haven't shared until now is how to get the DSDT file on the drive without needing to install Windows on the same drive. All you need is a thumb drive. I think this will work with MacDrive, a Windows app that will let you browse and format Mac drives from Windows. So if you can get the DSDT file on a USB, save it for after you get iAktos v7 successfully pre-installed. I say "pre" since you need to add the DSDT AFTER you run the installation. In fact, once you see a successful installation message, you'll allow the system to reboot back into iAKTOS. Then go to the Disk Utility and you'll do a "restore" to restore the DSDT file to drive where iAKTOS was just installed. The most important thing to remember is DO NOT check the "erase" destination when restoring the DSDT to the preloaded files. At this point you can exit and reboot. Hopefully you'll be in 10.5.7 and then updating to 10.5.8 is simply a matter of downloading the update from Apple. The system should be fairly "clean" at this point and you can get Snow working later via creating your drives here should you not trust doing it in Windows.

Settings for iAKTOS: F8 at the load screen

at prompt: -v cpus=1 busratio=20

If this doesn't work (usually doesn't) use mach_970 -v cpus=1 busratio=20

Once you get in, format your disk and partition wit GUID option.

Then proceed to install. Check:

1)Chameleon bootloader 2

2)Extra Folder

-don't bother selecting a DSDT

3) DSMOS

4)AHCI, Intel SATA

5) OVHR (can't remember the name but it's to help with sleep and shutdown)

When finished, install the DSDT file and then reboot normally

If you cannot boot, go back and then add first mouse and keyboard and then boot again. Add to the basis I wrote above to get a working boot but do it one driver at a time. Afterwards you still may need to boot again with cpus=1 busratio=20 but that's not likely.

Update to 10.5.8 and then you'll be able to install SL via this method, obviously paying special attention to the Leopard permissions problems.

Above is how I got all of my systems going initially. It's good to get a feel for your system even it's a less-than-ideal-distro. It took quite a bit of pain and 2-3 days without sleep but it's worth it to be fearless with a Mac and tweak it so it can go head to head with a $10,000 system like a 8 core MacPro.

Is there anyway to install this for a P6T without a MAC? I got two Windows machines and a 8GB thumb drive. I heard there is an application out there to get OSX onto the thumb drive via a Windows based computer.

I used a Leopard virtual machine to create the magic stick. Download the virtual machine and Vmware player

Hi

I need some help. Ive tried a few versions of installations, but no success, just a black screen on boot up. Your setup seems almost identical to mine. Im new to this but i now seem to be going in circles with numerous kexts and installation methods.

Since the files that are needed for installation dont seem to be here anymore and you have had success with this setup. Would it be possible for yourself or someone to upload all nesessary files in one post. Also a link to the bios settings. as they dont seem to be up here anymore.

My system is

p6t (normal)801 bios

6gb ram

i7 920

295 gtx

Thanks for the help!!

Alexdbad

I think that Gtx295 is not supported...

Searay-

Would it be possible for you to release your 10.6.2 patch as a beta? While I'm not as advanced as you are and the credit for the concept is yours obviously, perhaps some of us (hint me haha) can do the last of the busy work? I have most of the magic stick files and I built a DSDT file that is now literally 50% smaller than the original that takes out all of the code that OSX considers garbage code like voltage options, legacy drives, SAT1, etc, plus adds support for a system bus that now recognizes USB, PCI cards, and even monitors by their brand names without needing bogus info. It boots exactly the same using two different ASUS X58 mobos and with a couple of cut/pastes for CPU support of speedstep and C states, it also works on the P5 series like the P5Q. I spent over 30 hours working on the DSDT file that resulted in 0 warnings and 60 optimizations (my goal is to get it down to 0 optimizations....since not needing ANY "optimizations" must be at 100% efficiency by my logic, plus the system is far faster now that the code is 7500 lines down from the original 15,000).

So while you've already proven yourself as a legend by making a great magic stick (I think my earlier issues are fixed with permissions btw), you are obviously very busy. Therefore since you seem to have already finished it, yet are testing it, I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to request the beta version for those who are motivated to work out any bugs so you can focus on more pressing issues. I'm not a programmer by profession but I've dabbled in it enough to know that to avoid all of the corrections that you had during your first release (and countless headaches from the looks of it) leave the headaches to those of us who enjoy the self-inflicted punishment :P

dsdt.aml.zip

Searay-

Would it be possible for you to release your 10.6.2 patch as a beta? While I'm not as advanced as you are and the credit for the concept is yours obviously, perhaps some of us (hint me haha) can do the last of the busy work? I have most of the magic stick files and I built a DSDT file that is now literally 50% smaller than the original that takes out all of the code that OSX considers garbage code like voltage options, legacy drives, SAT1, etc, plus adds support for a system bus that now recognizes USB, PCI cards, and even monitors by their brand names without needing bogus info. It boots exactly the same using two different ASUS X58 mobos and with a couple of cut/pastes for CPU support of speedstep and C states, it also works on the P5 series like the P5Q. I spent over 30 hours working on the DSDT file that resulted in 0 warnings and 60 optimizations (my goal is to get it down to 0 optimizations....since not needing ANY "optimizations" must be at 100% efficiency by my logic, plus the system is far faster now that the code is 7500 lines down from the original 15,000).

So while you've already proven yourself as a legend by making a great magic stick (I think my earlier issues are fixed with permissions btw), you are obviously very busy. Therefore since you seem to have already finished it, yet are testing it, I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to request the beta version for those who are motivated to work out any bugs so you can focus on more pressing issues. I'm not a programmer by profession but I've dabbled in it enough to know that to avoid all of the corrections that you had during your first release (and countless headaches from the looks of it) leave the headaches to those of us who enjoy the self-inflicted punishment :)

Hi Is this DSDT file linked to any sort of bios version?

Ive been trying to install using the guide for SL (someone had created an essentials pack for the p6t which i used - the gtx295 support) version, because i am unable to get the files for the magic stick on this forum.

I keep on getting a shutdown cause 3: something to do with ACPI (im new to this sorry)

I downloaded a DSDT file from trick77.com for bios 801 (p6t normal)

This is my spec.

920 i7

6gig ram

295gtx

p6t

Any advice?

Thanks

Alexdbad

Searay-

So while you've already proven yourself as a legend by making a great magic stick (I think my earlier issues are fixed with permissions btw), you are obviously very busy. Therefore since you seem to have already finished it, yet are testing it, I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble to request the beta version for those who are motivated to work out any bugs so you can focus on more pressing issues. I'm not a programmer by profession but I've dabbled in it enough to know that to avoid all of the corrections that you had during your first release (and countless headaches from the looks of it) leave the headaches to those of us who enjoy the self-inflicted punishment :)

hey I added your dsdt file to the flash drive and it did not boot. it panicked right at the top of the boot process.

what else do i need to do to use your dsdt?

thanks.

Hi Is this DSDT file linked to any sort of bios version?

Ive been trying to install using the guide for SL (someone had created an essentials pack for the p6t which i used - the gtx295 support) version, because i am unable to get the files for the magic stick on this forum.

I keep on getting a shutdown cause 3: something to do with ACPI (im new to this sorry)

I downloaded a DSDT file from trick77.com for bios 801 (p6t normal)

This is my spec.

920 i7

6gig ram

295gtx

p6t

Any advice?

Thanks

Alexdbad

here is my flash drive:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLXDYEHV

you should be able to extract to a formatted and boot ready usb drive (following the marvelous guide) and you can boot in 64bit.

the only thing I added with Kext Installer 7b was the ethernet kext: RealtekR1000SL.kext you can find it online easy. its version: 2.0.0d1

regards...

hey I added your dsdt file to the flash drive and it did not boot. it panicked right at the top of the boot process.

what else do i need to do to use your dsdt?

thanks.

here is my flash drive:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLXDYEHV

you should be able to extract to a formatted and boot ready usb drive (following the marvelous guide) and you can boot in 64bit.

the only thing I added with Kext Installer 7b was the ethernet kext: RealtekR1000SL.kext you can find it online easy. its version: 2.0.0d1

regards...

Hey.

Thanks for the link. I copied the files over to my usb which was formatted. It booted up okay sometimes but either got stuck on waiting on DSMOS or ethernettimeout. Could you tell us what the specs are on your system? gpu/bios version/etc. I think the biggest help would be if you could help us regarding the bios settings. I'm running a raid but am installing SL on a 3rd hd but sometimes it doesn't work and sometimes it does. Meaning it'll find the magicdisk but sometimes it wont even with AHCI.

i7

6gb

0801 bios.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Are these the steps you took?

1. Use the EFI stick.

2. Format and restore SL disc to usb stick

3. Set bios to boot from EFI. Restart and stick the SL usb in. Boot up with EFI and click SL usb and install.

4. This works fine but I get stuck on AppleRTL8169: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT or get stuck on dsmos.

I'm sure my bios settings are incorrect or maybe we have different bios?

Okay so I got it working.

Use the guide from here.

Use the package listed below. The changes I made are...removed dsmos, jmicron and r1000 kexts. Put the latest fakesmc.kext from netkas

Everything works. Just follow the guide.

The dsdt is from trick77. You must use bios 0801 from asus. I haven't tried it with a different bios.

Oh yeah if you have an nivdia card remove evoenabler.kext.

My specs

4870 512mb

i7 @ 4.0

6gb

creative audigy 2 zs (fully working - check this thread out)

My set up is raid 0 for windows.

I use an external bootloader so when I want to run snow leopard I stick that in a usb slot and boot from it and choose my SL install.

Flawless.

Files are here. Again thanks to tweak41 for the guide and the orginal scripts. I just changed/deleted some to work on the p6t (not se, not deluxe).

Bios settings for first time install (you can change it back to whatever later).

Storage = ahci (drive where you install sl should be #1 - look at the p6t board it tells you which is which)

ACPI enabled

jmicron disabled

everything else stock.

make your usb stick first boot or press f8 to select it.

ps2pk did you manage to get 10.6.2 update working flawless?

Not yet. I can't find my sleepenabler.kext. Don't know where it's located.

You can try and follow this guide. It's very easy (if you know where sleepenabler is). Download and install 10.6.2. Install it. Do not reboot. Find and delete sleepenabler. Download the 10.6.2 sleepenabler from netkas and put it where you deleted the other one. Reboot and it should work.

That's what I did on my laptop and the guide above is pretty much the same.

BTW - I scored 12000 on geekbench. i7 920 @ 4ghz. 32bit test. System is FAST. The only problem is sleep. Still not working perfectly.

Not yet. I can't find my sleepenabler.kext. Don't know where it's located.

You can try and follow this guide. It's very easy (if you know where sleepenabler is). Download and install 10.6.2. Install it. Do not reboot. Find and delete sleepenabler. Download the 10.6.2 sleepenabler from netkas and put it where you deleted the other one. Reboot and it should work.

That's what I did on my laptop and the guide above is pretty much the same.

BTW - I scored 12000 on geekbench. i7 920 @ 4ghz. 32bit test. System is FAST. The only problem is sleep. Still not working perfectly.

Is the dsdt file from trick77 already in the essentials pack or should it be downloaded??

I have the same spec , but with the nvidia gtx 295. Ill give it another go with this pack, but ive tried this guide man times with no luck, and can only presume that the gtx295 is the problem.

Is the dsdt file from trick77 already in the essentials pack or should it be downloaded??

I have the same spec , but with the nvidia gtx 295. Ill give it another go with this pack, but ive tried this guide man times with no luck, and can only presume that the gtx295 is the problem.

Hey. Yeah the dsdt is from trick77 and is already in the pack.

Is your gtx295 dual slot?

A quote from someone who got it working - eVGA GTX 295 ---> EFI String in com.apple.Boot.plist + NVGTX295.Fix.kext - Both GPU's detected 1792MB"

Here's another link regarding the 295 but it's single pcb.

This guy says gtx295 works fine. Dual looks to be fine.

I'm pretty sure the pack will work for you. At least it'll get you into snow leopard and from there you can mess around as you like. Remember to remove evoenabler from both p6t essentials > p6t essentials > kexts > remove evoenabler (just move to trash). And do the same from p6t essentials > _maxosx > p6t essentials > kexts > remove enabler.

Another thing.

Make sure your bios is set up correctly. For the time being just disconnect power to all your other drives and remember the SL drive should be in SATA 1.

First save your bios settings by in the 2nd to last tab. It says save profile or something. this is optional but it's better to install at factory defaults.

Then reset factory dafaults and make the following changes.

Storage = ACHI

Enable ACPI

Disable JMICRON

Disable Firewire

Disable that asus magicgate thingy

Put the usb installer as the only harddrive disk and it should also be the first for boot up priority.

and of course once you get to the bootloader go to verbose mode and type in -v. I'm sure you know what you're doing. If you need help let me know and I'll see what I can do.

A quote from someone who got it working - eVGA GTX 295 ---> EFI String in com.apple.Boot.plist + NVGTX295.Fix.kext - Both GPU's detected 1792MB"

I'm pretty sure the pack will work for you. At least it'll get you into snow leopard and from there you can mess around as you like. Remember to remove evoenabler from both p6t essentials > p6t essentials > kexts > remove evoenabler (just move to trash). And do the same from p6t essentials > _maxosx > p6t essentials > kexts > remove enabler.

Another thing.

Make sure your bios is set up correctly. For the time being just disconnect power to all your other drives and remember the SL drive should be in SATA 1.

First save your bios settings by in the 2nd to last tab. It says save profile or something. this is optional but it's better to install at factory defaults.

Storage = ACHI

Enable ACPI

Disable JMICRON

Disable Firewire

Put the usb installer as the only harddrive disk and it should also be the first for boot up priority.

and of course once you get to the bootloader go to verbose mode and type in -v. I'm sure you know what you're doing. If you need help let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Hi and thanks for the help!!

I will give it a go tommorrow. I have the dual pcb board.I have tried the kexts mentioned above and the script (although i had to modify it slightly as the instructions said (in french) i had to find the pci e (graphics card) location, and modify some of the script. I presume i just then copy the whole script and paste it in the com.apple.boot.plist?? below the text that is already there.

If i just use the essentials you gave me, without the kext for gtx, and use the method you mentioned fo install. Do you think it will install?

I will try and i will take some pics of the error messages, if any.

Thanks again

Alexdbad

Howdy,

Many thanks for this walktrough. I followed the Tweak41 walkthrough using your essentials. I have a Radeon 4830 GPU. I replaced the boot file on the install disk with the EFI 10.3 one for Radeon cards.

Everything is working great, except for the GPU. No ability to change resolution or QE. I've had this problem before, and can't seem to get this graphics card working. Every time I try one of netkas fixes for 48xx cards, it bricks the entire install and I have to start over.

Any help appreciated.

Target

Okay so I got it working.

Use the guide from here.

Use the package listed below. The changes I made are...removed dsmos, jmicron and r1000 kexts. Put the latest fakesmc.kext from netkas

Everything works. Just follow the guide.

The dsdt is from trick77. You must use bios 0801 from asus. I haven't tried it with a different bios.

Oh yeah if you have an nivdia card remove evoenabler.kext.

My specs

4870 512mb

i7 @ 4.0

6gb

creative audigy 2 zs (fully working - check this thread out)

My set up is raid 0 for windows.

I use an external bootloader so when I want to run snow leopard I stick that in a usb slot and boot from it and choose my SL install.

Flawless.

Files are here. Again thanks to tweak41 for the guide and the orginal scripts. I just changed/deleted some to work on the p6t (not se, not deluxe).

Bios settings for first time install (you can change it back to whatever later).

Storage = ahci (drive where you install sl should be #1 - look at the p6t board it tells you which is which)

ACPI enabled

jmicron disabled

everything else stock.

make your usb stick first boot or press f8 to select it.

Howdy,

Many thanks for this walktrough. I followed the Tweak41 walkthrough using your essentials. I have a Radeon 4830 GPU. I replaced the boot file on the install disk with the EFI 10.3 one for Radeon cards.

Everything is working great, except for the GPU. No ability to change resolution or QE. I've had this problem before, and can't seem to get this graphics card working. Every time I try one of netkas fixes for 48xx cards, it bricks the entire install and I have to start over.

Any help appreciated.

Target

Did you try to install w/out changing the boot file? Try and see if that works. You might get lucky.

If that doesn't work then try putting the netkas 4830 kexts in the kext folder and then following the guide. Remember if you do this to remove the evoenabler from both the folders in the p6t essential pack I mentioned earlier (_macosx and p6t essentials). This is still without changing the boot file.

I'm assuming this is in the first pci-e slot?

Give these a try and see what happens. Also see if this helps with your current installation.

Or this

How can I get rid of a kext once its been installed? I use Kext Helper to add kexts to an existing system. I am in the first PCI-e spot.

Did you try to install w/out changing the boot file? Try and see if that works. You might get lucky.

If that doesn't work then try putting the netkas 4830 kexts in the kext folder and then following the guide. Remember if you do this to remove the evoenabler from both the folders in the p6t essential pack I mentioned earlier (_macosx and p6t essentials). This is still without changing the boot file.

I'm assuming this is in the first pci-e slot?

Give these a try and see what happens. Also see if this helps with your current installation.

Or this

Another thing.

Storage = ACHI

Enable ACPI

Disable JMICRON

Disable Firewire

Hi

Tried again.

Bios settings done. disconnected all dirves (except one) all usb except usb dongle for keyboard (hope thats not the problem)

Ran through the guide (which i have been using before)

When i run boot prep i get this error

2+0 records in

2+0 records out

1024 bytes transferred in 0.454119 secs (2255 bytes/sec)

mkdir: /Volumes/snow/Extra: File exists

cp: ScriptFiles/smbios.plist: No such file or directory

This is using the essentials from you. minus the kext file evoenabler

i then booted the machine with -v and it created some 10 lines of text an then went to another black screen, more text then the monitor shut down. and nothing (pretty much what ive been getting all the time)

The next time is put NVGTX295.Fix.kext in the folder and added the script (which has been modified so that is is pointing to the correct pcie slots) but im not sure if this is correct. below

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>y</string>

</dict>

</plist>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>

<string>0x01000000</string>

<key>@2,#size-cells</key>

<string>0x00000000</string>

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>

<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>

<string>0x02000000</string>

<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>

<key>@2,name</key>

<string>sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,reg</key>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAADwAAAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAOA==

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>62.00.6C.00.01</string>

</dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>

<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>

<string>0x01000000</string>

<key>@2,#size-cells</key>

<string>0x00000000</string>

<key>@2,compatible</key>

<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>

<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>

<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>

<key>@2,name</key>

<string>sensor-parent</string>

<key>@2,reg</key>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BAAAAAAADwAAAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVPM</key>

<data>

AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAOA==

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295</string>

<key>name</key>

<string>NVDA,Parent</string>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<string>62.00.6C.00.02</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

I had the same results. screen shutdown.

here are some screenshots

I hope i caught most of the text, last line was difficult to capture on camera, as then it goes into shutdown.

Question should it atleast bott even if i dont use the nvidia kext??

Hope you can help, and i hope its just something really dum that im not getting right!!

Thanks again

Alexdbad

post-523343-1259953741_thumb.jpg

post-523343-1259953761_thumb.jpg

post-523343-1259953778_thumb.jpg