Install Guide for Snow Leopard on a P6T (non deluxe)

Searay_X

Please tell me about your experience with this guide ;)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Did it work for you?

• Yes
    • No

550 posts in this topic

Hey iRoan,

You need a working macintosh to use my method. I had a macbook pro that I did all this on, but you could do it on a school lab computer, or a friends computer.

The best thing to do is to follow this guide to make a bootable USB stick with the Snow Leopard DVD. I did not use a disk/dvd, indeed that would be a PITA, IMHO. Use this method:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=189052

All you do is use Disk Utility to make an image of the Snow Leopard DVD, then you "burn" it to your USB stick. Mine ended up being about 6.8 gigs or so, so you will need a bigger one than 4gigs but they are only like $30 for 8 gig at apple store.

AFTER THAT, on your friend's mac or whatever, you download the P6T Essentials.zip file that I am hosting here:

http://www.cameronbarry.com/P6TEssentials.zip

Unzip it, and then open the folder and run the 2_Boot Prep file. This will make the USB Stick bootable, and it will install Chameleon and the 10.6.0 kexts that come in the essentials file, as well as the DSDT.aml file.

NOW you have a bootable snow leopard USB stick. Ta da.

Now DRAG A COPY of that P6T Essentials folder onto your USB stick so you have it when you boot from it.

Next, boot from your USB stick and install OSX on your hackintosh. Once you boot into the setup program you may need to go up to DISK utility and partition/format your drive. When you partition your drive, make note of the volume name that you give it. I just called mine Macintosh HD because that is what they are normally called. When it is done installing, you may not get any special screen, in fact it may say the installation failed or just reboot (mine just rebooted and I was sad, but it actually had installed! so don't fret)

Now even though OSX is installed on your drive, you still need to boot from your USB Stick, go into the P6T Essentials file, and run the 3_MacLoader file. When asked about EFI, say N. (note, you must put a capital N for no, otherwise it says you are a moron basically.) When asked where retail Snow Leopard is installed, give it the volume name of your partition ("Macintosh HD")... when it asks where you want to setup the MacLoader, give it the volume name of your partition (should be the same... Macintosh HD). This will install the boot loader on your new OSX installation, and you will then be able to eject your USB stick and boot to your new OSX installation :(

I hope this helps. Basically, I am just recapping what the guide says. If you follow the guide I linked above to make your USB stick and get your system installed, you will be fine. Once you get it installed, be very careful when updating to 10.6.2. If you have any questions about that let me know.

-Cam

I used a SATA DVD drive, but I think an IDE would work fine for playing DVDs, in fact it may work better than the intel sata controller. I had to put my DVD drive on the JMicron SATA controller because having it on the Intel sata controller made the DVD's all choppy and stuttery (is that a word?).

Probably the best thing to do, since you don't need a DVD drive for this portion of it, is just to unhook it until you get your system installed on SATA 0 with your USB stick. Then when you are all up and running and happy, connect up your IDE drive. If it doesn't work, look for a KEXT (I might have one if you need it) or there might already be one in that essentials package... but at least you'll have a bootable system at that point. Baby steps =)

-Cam

You know I've been researching this a little bit. In fact, I went out today to buy a 5.1 speaker system but my friend talked me into getting a 2.1 for $20 instead, sorry :D

However, take a look at this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87336

Also, AFAIK, I am using this KEXT for the ALC1200 and its working fine, and showing all inputs:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

So try that kext and check out the steps in the first link and I think you'll be on your way =) And please please let me know if you get it working so I can buy a 5.1 system =)

-Cam

well the problem is that the option in audio midi setup of 5.1 is grey.. can you check out how many outputs do you have? mine only shows 2 outputs... i'm using that kext in that second topic.. thanks in advance

well the problem is that the option in audio midi setup of 5.1 is grey.. can you check out how many outputs do you have? mine only shows 2 outputs... i'm using that kext in that second topic.. thanks in advance

I don't have a 5.1 system so I can't be sure of this, but I believe the idea is to use some of the inputs as outputs. Anyway, if I check all the boxes for all 5 audio ports, and click on configure speakers, I can select the 5.1 option. I don't know if this helps or not. I only have Digital Output and LIne Output (and headphone) for outs, and built-in microphone and built-in line input for inputs. But if I select all of these, it lets me pick 5.1.

It's possible that with optical digital out, you may be able to do 5.1 too.. Like I said I haven't tested this or done much research yet...

-Cam

Thanks for all the detailed info, cameron.

Now I only got one question,

I have the original SL retail disk... do I really need an 8gig stick to make the bootloader? Can't I just have a stick with the loader and the disk inside my reader? I'm guessing that wont work, just wondering why...

Dang, I was hoping to do this without having to buy an 8gig stick... I don't think I'll find any on December the 31st...

Thanks for all the detailed info, cameron.

Now I only got one question,

I have the original SL retail disk... do I really need an 8gig stick to make the bootloader? Can't I just have a stick with the loader and the disk inside my reader? I'm guessing that wont work, just wondering why...

Dang, I was hoping to do this without having to buy an 8gig stick... I don't think I'll find any on December the 31st...

The problem is you need kexts to use the hardware and install successfully.

So Need? No. You could make a boot image that would load your dsdt and kexts and then boot from your CD... I initially tried with leopard (not snow) and a boot132 or whatever CD but failed miserably. (I may not be a genius but I consider myself at least competent and let me tell you it sucks). I ended up buying snow for $25 and a USB stick for 30. You will not regret using a USB stick. The guide is nearly flawless. The other method introduces too many variables to the situation. Apple store should be open today and it will be the best $30 you ever spent. Otherwise, see if you can find a snow leopard boot132 disc image and tutorial.

Got an 8gig usb stick!

:P I'll follow your guide to the bone.

Now where can I find the option in the bios to boot from the stick? And does it work in the front or rear USB ports of my mobo?

Boot 123 wont work for me (my brother tried to use that on my pc) so I'm just gonna follow your guide and use my brother's Macbook to follow your guide :)

Hope everything goes smoothly, if not, I'll start the trial and error method :P

D.

Got an 8gig usb stick!

:rolleyes: I'll follow your guide to the bone.

Now where can I find the option in the bios to boot from the stick? And does it work in the front or rear USB ports of my mobo?

Boot 123 wont work for me (my brother tried to use that on my pc) so I'm just gonna follow your guide and use my brother's Macbook to follow your guide :D

Hope everything goes smoothly, if not, I'll start the trial and error method :P

D.

iroan use SuperVIAata.kext for IDE DVD drive... i just used and it works

CameronB I just can't make it to 5.1 maybe with digital output but my speakers haven't one..

So here's what's happened so far:

I managed to get myself an 8gig USB stick, did everything you said ("burned" the SL image, then ran the 2_boot prep file, then copy the p6t essentials folder)

It worked, I could boot from the USB stick and I could install SL.

After installation was done, my machine rebooted itself, and again I booted from the USB Stick.

This time though, I selected my Macintosh HD drive and could boot SL perfectly (with the USB stick)

Everything was working fine, xcept for sound which is a minor issue....

From there I ran the 3_MacLoader file, i was asked about efi and I said N.

Now I removed the USB stick, and I got the Chameleon loader, but when I selected MAcintosh HD partition it freezes in the loading screen (apple logo and little gear spinning) and after a while I get a Prohibition sign above the logo...

And if I select my normal Windows 7 HDD i get the "no bootMGR (manager)" error Press CTRL + ALT + SUPR to reboot.

Now what have I done wrong???

Does it have to do with the fact that my windows 7 HD is SATA and my Macintosh HD is IDE? Or that I have 2 separate Disks??? Or something?

I would appreciate any light you can shed on this...

If you got any questions just ask :(

Thanks.

D.

On a footnote, I'd like to add the following information:

The DVD player works like a charm (did't have to update anything) it's an IDE Dvd burner and it works (as far as reading is concerned)

Now here's my guess as to why I cannot boot from the HD and I still have to boot from the USB stick chameleon...

1) I have 3 hard disk drives (physical)... two of them are SATA, one of them is IDE.

2) During the install I could only see the IDE disk (which is 100gb) one of my SATA is running Windows 7 and the other Sata drive (80 gigs) is empty, but I could only see the IDE for installation, that's why I used it.

3) I did not change ANYTHING in the BIOS settings. My main boot disk is still the 500Gig with Windows 7, I just press F8 to select where to boot from. Also I dont know if I have updated or if I should update my BIOS...

So could that be a problem??? I'm kinda new at this, quite amazed that I got this far (writing this from Safari inside SL, which I booted via USB)

Do I need to copy the P6T essentials folder from the USB stick into my Macintosh HD ?? do I need to copy any file from the USB into the hard drive? Or am I missing something?

I just reinstalled SL and now it is running as (booting from the stick) and I havent ran the 3_MacLoader file yet. So I'll wait before I do so.

Thanks... and sorry for being so... annoying :rolleyes:

D.

Okay,

The Chameleon boot loader that you put onto your primary macintosh HD is quite capable of booting a windows 7 partition. That is how I have mine set up.

You need to:

1) Boot from the USB Stick into your new snow leopard installation (it would help to know what VOLUME NAME you gave to this... in the guide they say Snow Leopard, but I just called mine "Macintosh HD"). Let us assume you used a volume name "MySnow"

2) Run the 3_Macloader and say NO to EFI. It will ask you two questions. The first question is, "Where is retail Snow Leopard installed" and you need to type MySnow and hit enter.

3) The next question will be, "Where do you want to setup the MacLoader", and again you should answer "MySnow"

This will install the chameleon boot loader to the boot sector of the hard drive that you installed Snow Leopard on. This means that you should ALWAYS TELL YOUR BIOS to boot to this drive. Chameleon is responsible not only for booting your Mac partition, but also for booting your WINDOWS 7 partition as well.

In other words, if you have installed snow leopard on your IDE HD, then after you run 3_Macloader you should always be booting into that IDE HD for both Windows and Snow Leopard. Chameleon will launch and you can select the which operating system partition to boot.

It does not matter if you have snow leopard on IDE and windows on SATA. Chameleon recognizes both and should (once you boot to it) provide you with all of the volumes that it detects.

It sounds like you are really close, maybe you did install Chameleon properly and I'm not following... I am very hung over =) Also, in your BIOS settings you need to set your IDE type to AHCI. Perhaps that could be the problem.

If worse comes to worse, do this:

1) Unplug (yes, DISCONNECT) your IDE DVD, IDE disk, and windows 7 SATA Drive. Leave ONLY 1 sata drive (your empty one) on SATA 0 (make sure it's SATA 0). DO NOT use the JMicron Sata controller for installation. Use the regular intel sata controller.

2) Boot to your USB stick, partition a volume and format it on the sata drive, and see if you can install snow leopard onto that single sata drive. You should be able to, as that is how I set mine up. If you can't, something else is wrong, and we need to figure that out.

3) After install, boot back into your USB stick and run the 3_macloader script to install Chameleon onto your new sata volume. Make SURE you type the volume name EXACTLY as you partitioned it.

4) Reboot your computer but this time unplug the USB stick and make sure your BIOS is set to boot to your single sata HD. DO NOT CONNECT ANY OTHER DRIVES YET.

5) Make sure chameleon comes up, and that your snow leopard installation is visible, and that you can boot to it.

6) Once you can successfully boot to SL, then attach your Windows 7 sata drive.

7) Reboot and make sure that Chameleon sees now your SL partition, and your 2 windows 7 partitions (windows 7 creates two because it's special)

8) Make sure you can boot into both OS's

9) Now connect your DVD/IDE and make sure those are working.

So here's what's happened so far:

I managed to get myself an 8gig USB stick, did everything you said ("burned" the SL image, then ran the 2_boot prep file, then copy the p6t essentials folder)

It worked, I could boot from the USB stick and I could install SL.

After installation was done, my machine rebooted itself, and again I booted from the USB Stick.

This time though, I selected my Macintosh HD drive and could boot SL perfectly (with the USB stick)

Everything was working fine, xcept for sound which is a minor issue....

From there I ran the 3_MacLoader file, i was asked about efi and I said N.

Now I removed the USB stick, and I got the Chameleon loader, but when I selected MAcintosh HD partition it freezes in the loading screen (apple logo and little gear spinning) and after a while I get a Prohibition sign above the logo...

And if I select my normal Windows 7 HDD i get the "no bootMGR (manager)" error Press CTRL + ALT + SUPR to reboot.

Now what have I done wrong???

Does it have to do with the fact that my windows 7 HD is SATA and my Macintosh HD is IDE? Or that I have 2 separate Disks??? Or something?

I would appreciate any light you can shed on this...

If you got any questions just ask :)

Thanks.

D.

Cam, I'll always name my SL as Macintosh HD, just like you did ;)

I did all you said, after installing SL, boot from USB again copy the P6T essentials folder into my desktop, then ran 3_macloader file, said N and "Macintosh HD" and once again "Macintosh HD"

But that did't work, when I tried to boot from that partition, Chameleon came up and if I chose the Windows 7 partition it would say "BootMGR is missing" or something like that.

If I chose the Macintosh HD partition it would freeze at the SL loading screen.

I think I'm gonna try unplugging my Windows (sata) and my Macintosh HD (ide) and just leaving the 80gig empty sata, and try installing it there. Setting my bios to AHCI would not let me boot from Windows, but I havent tried changing it to AHCI and then booting with chameleon... you say I would be able to boot windows like that?

I'm gonna try do a new install on the SATA disk, and keeping my other install on my IDE (which I will unplug) so we can try 2 things at a time without having to reinstall all over ;)

So in other words:

I'll unplug everything except my empty SATA (which I will then plug into SATA 0)

I'll set my bios IDE settings to AHCI

I'll boot from the USB stick and begin installation (is it ok to call it Macintosh HD too?)

After install I'll copy the folder and run 3_MacLoader and say N.

Try and see if it boots (SL)

If it does, then plug in the other SATA (windows) and boot again.

If success, plug in everything else.

If failure, cry and sob.

Ok so here's whats happened so far:

I managed to get SL running on my other SATA disk. It's fully functional, and I managed to run the 3_MacLoader file and it installed correctly and I can now boot from the HD instead of the USB stick (success!)

So now I have SL running. But when I connect the other SATA HD (the windows drive) and I boot from the Macintosh HD, After I get to the Chameleon Loader I can see the 3 partitions (the SL and the 2 windows partitions) but I CANNOT boot from windows, i get the

BOOTMGR missing error "Press ctr alt del to reboot"

I rebooted and tried running SL, (with both drives plugged) it gets to the Desktop but I cant do anything, just move the mouse... If I click nothing will happen... and I cant run Windows at all....

So I tried this:

I went back into my bios... Changed my Sata settings from AHCI back to IDE.

When I try to boot Windows 7 I get the same error message... gah.

When I try to boot SL It works O_o yes, under AHCI it wouldn't but it does work under IDE (weird considering I installed and tested it under AHCI bios settings :S )

So here I am, stucked with SL and no windows 7 O_o

By the way, you mentioned something about JMICROM and the intel sata controllers, I did't get that... but I did notice my PC says something about JMICROM when it shows me the post screen (before booting, when it shows me the HD and the IDE Dvd rom)

Update, I left my Macintosh HD plugged into SATA 0 - My Sata drives configured as IDE and my Windows HD plugged into Sata 3 (dont ask why)

If I just turn on my PC, it goes straight into chameleon. From there I can select Macintosh HD and it will boot perfectly into SL.

If I try to boot windows from Chameleon I get the Boot manager error.

If I turn on my PC, press F8 at the post bios screen and select to boot from my Windows HD (sata 3) it will boot windows perfectly.

So I can boot both of them, just not with chameleon...

I feel I'm getting closer :wacko:

Ok guys;

I think I'm ready to update, there ain't much more that can be done with the installation.

If I let my PC boot it will take me to Chameleon from where I can choose my Macintosh HD and it will run.

If I press F8 during boot prompt and choose the Windows HD it will boot from that one.

That's the only inconvenience... but I don't really mind having to push a button.

Now, any recommendations about updating? Or can I get sound without updating?

thanks,

D.

I just followed CameroB's guide and i'm all updated to 10.6.2

the only problem now is im experiencing slow transfer rates from my main hard drive to USB or from main hard drive to another hard drive???

how can i resolve the slow transfer rates?

thanks

Hey a00, did you have to do anything special in order to update? Did you follow the guide Cameron reccomended?

I'm kinda stuck at the point where I have to start replacing kexts and such. Would you share your experience so I understand better how it's done? (sorry, kind of a noob here...)

what i did was

1) replace the kexts folder in the p6t essentials with the 10.6.2 kexts that are on cameron's site

2) download the 10.6.2 combo update

3) run the 3_MacLoader and said No to the EFI thingy

4) Installed combo update (but didnt restart yet)

5) I ran the 3_MacLoader again just to make sure, cause last time it wouldnt let me after upgrading to 10.6.2

6) Restart

by the way, im running the loader on a seperate usb key

what i did was

1) replace the kexts folder in the p6t essentials with the 10.6.2 kexts that are on cameron's site

2) download the 10.6.2 combo update

3) run the 3_MacLoader and said No to the EFI thingy

4) Installed combo update (but didnt restart yet)

5) I ran the 3_MacLoader again just to make sure, cause last time it wouldnt let me after upgrading to 10.6.2

6) Restart

by the way, im running the loader on a seperate usb key

So, just to elaborate a bit:

The 3_Macloader script takes all of the kexts in the P6T Essentials/KEXTs folder, compiles them into your Extensions.mkext and places that in your /Extra folder... So if you change any of the files in this folder, and re-run 3_Macloader, you are essentially "changing" your kext configuration.

So to update your kexts, all you have to do is replace the kexts in the "KEXTs" folder with the 10.6.2 kexts that I supplied and re-run 3_Macloader, and re-install the boot loader using the same options.

You can also do this to "test" different boot loader options (especially since you have a bootable USB stick that hopefully always works, just don't ever update that one! )

Try different kexts, install to boot loader, reboot. If you get a kernel panic, reboot to your USB drive, re-arrange kexts in KEXTs folder and re-install boot loader with 3_Macloader.

Anyway, a00's steps above sound okay. You don't really need to update your kexts and run 3_Macloader until AFTER the combo update, but his method would definitely be a safe route. I would definitely make sure to run it AFTER the combo update, regardless of whatever else you do.

-Cam

Ok so here's whats happened so far:

I managed to get SL running on my other SATA disk. It's fully functional, and I managed to run the 3_MacLoader file and it installed correctly and I can now boot from the HD instead of the USB stick (success!)

So now I have SL running. But when I connect the other SATA HD (the windows drive) and I boot from the Macintosh HD, After I get to the Chameleon Loader I can see the 3 partitions (the SL and the 2 windows partitions) but I CANNOT boot from windows, i get the

BOOTMGR missing error "Press ctr alt del to reboot"

I rebooted and tried running SL, (with both drives plugged) it gets to the Desktop but I cant do anything, just move the mouse... If I click nothing will happen... and I cant run Windows at all....

So I tried this:

I went back into my bios... Changed my Sata settings from AHCI back to IDE.

When I try to boot Windows 7 I get the same error message... gah.

When I try to boot SL It works O_o yes, under AHCI it wouldn't but it does work under IDE (weird considering I installed and tested it under AHCI bios settings :S )

So here I am, stucked with SL and no windows 7 O_o

By the way, you mentioned something about JMICROM and the intel sata controllers, I did't get that... but I did notice my PC says something about JMICROM when it shows me the post screen (before booting, when it shows me the HD and the IDE Dvd rom)

Update, I left my Macintosh HD plugged into SATA 0 - My Sata drives configured as IDE and my Windows HD plugged into Sata 3 (dont ask why)

If I just turn on my PC, it goes straight into chameleon. From there I can select Macintosh HD and it will boot perfectly into SL.

If I try to boot windows from Chameleon I get the Boot manager error.

If I turn on my PC, press F8 at the post bios screen and select to boot from my Windows HD (sata 3) it will boot windows perfectly.

So I can boot both of them, just not with chameleon...

I feel I'm getting closer :)

I can't quite remember if, after having Snow Leopard installed and booting perfectly, if I disconnected my Snow Leopard drive and only connected my empty Windows 7 drive and installed Windows 7 onto it.

I'm pretty sure I was afraid of Windows 7 messing with the boot sector of my Snow Leopard drive so I disconnected it from SATA 0, but at this point I was sick of mounting/dismounting HD's from the case, so I left it in the case and attached my Windows 7 drive to SATA 1.

I have a feeling that the Windows 7 boot loader is expecting to boot from a particular SATA channel, so what might be happening in your case iRoan is that your Windows 7 drive is on SATA 1, but you installed windows 7 while it was on SATA 0.

So, in other words, Chameleon pops up and shows you all the bootable drives, you select "System Partition" (which is effectively the Windows 7 boot loader) and you are getting and error because the Windows 7 bootloader is then trying to boot SATA 0 instead of SATA 1.

... but then I'm confused as to why when you specify which drive to boot with the BIOS, it works. *boggle*

Anyway, you might try unplugging your Snow Leopard, plugging in your Windows 7 drive to SATA 1, and installing Windows 7. Then re-attach your Snow Leopard drive and let chameleon try to boot the Windows 7 "System Partition"

By the way, you mentioned something about JMICROM and the intel sata controllers, I did't get that... but I did notice my PC says something about JMICROM when it shows me the post screen (before booting, when it shows me the HD and the IDE Dvd rom) [/i]

The P6T motherboard has two SATA controllers on it. One is the Intel SATA controller, which has I think 6 SATA drive connectors and it is the RED sata connectors on the motherboard.

Then there is the JMicron SATA controller, which has 2 SATA Drive connectors on it, and the connectors are orange and white, instead of red. They are RIGHT NEXT to the red SATA connectors, and they are stacked on top of each other.

This is good, because if you are doing a lot of video editing or special effects/rendering, you can have not only a different hard disk for your Adobe scratch disk, but also have that disk on a completely separate controller, which provides some bandwidth benefits (AFAIK).

Anyway, I put my DVD drive on this to stop the stuttering problem.

a00:

Are you still experiencing stuttering now that you are using 10.6.2 and the 10.6.2 kexts that I provided? Which SATA channels and controllers are you using?

Hey CameronB

im still having issues with slow hd transfer rates (ie transfering files from hd to usb, or hd to another hd)

i've got my osx drive (320gb sata) connected to the orange sata port

and everything else to the red ports

ive got a seperate 1tb with windows 7 connected to a red port

another 1tb hitachi connected to a red port

and my dvd drive connected to a red port

a total of 4 sata ports are used

im running 10.6.2 and using the kexts u provided

other than the slow transfer rates, everything seems to be fine

here are my specs:

Asus P6T

Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.6ghz

320gb seagate sata

1tb western digital black caviar sata

1tb hitachi something sata

LG DVDRW sata drive

nvidia geforce 9600

6gb DDR3 OCZ platinum pc3 12800

I'm gonna try (during the week, I'm having a lot of work to do these days...) to update and then I'll tell you guys what happens.

I have my USB stick in case I need to boot and I F up during the update. But it actually sounds quite simple.

I just need to boot my SL (i can boot without USB so it's ok) replace the kexts inside the P6Tessentials folder with the ones I downloaded from your blog (the MY KEXTs & SCRIPTS for 10.6.2 file right?)

And then run the update, I wont reboot until I run 3_macLoader again. And that should be it, right? :D

Sorry to be such a hard-head.

a00, doesn't your i7 920 overheat when you overclock it to 3.6?

Hey man,

I had some time to work on this today. I was noticing I couldn't transfer files very quickly from my Windows drive (which was on a separate SATA channel... SATA 1).

I repackaged the 10.6.2 KEXTs for the P6T (non deluxe) board, and they are hosted here:

http://www.cameronbarry.com/kexts2.zip

Just unpack that, put it in your KEXTs folder, and re-run 3_Macloader

I think I deleted some of those initially because I thought they weren't needed. Turns out I was wrong. I'm not sure exactly which one fixed it, but I'm running these KEXTs now and not noticing any problems... *crosses fingers*

-Cam

Hey CameronB

im still having issues with slow hd transfer rates (ie transfering files from hd to usb, or hd to another hd)

i've got my osx drive (320gb sata) connected to the orange sata port

and everything else to the red ports

ive got a seperate 1tb with windows 7 connected to a red port

another 1tb hitachi connected to a red port

and my dvd drive connected to a red port

Hey Cameron, should I use those files in this new link (the kexts2.zip) before I update?

So just replace those files in the P6Tessentials folder, then run the update, then run 3_Macloader and that should do the trick?

Lucky me, I got your new files before my update ;)

Thanks!~

Hey man,

I had some time to work on this today. I was noticing I couldn't transfer files very quickly from my Windows drive (which was on a separate SATA channel... SATA 1).

I repackaged the 10.6.2 KEXTs for the P6T (non deluxe) board, and they are hosted here:

I think I deleted some of those initially because I thought they weren't needed. Turns out I was wrong. I'm not sure exactly which one fixed it, but I'm running these KEXTs now and not noticing any problems... *crosses fingers*

-Cam

I updated the kexts but im still having slow transfer rates??

Im also getting pretty poor benchmark results with Xbench when it comes to the disk test

Hey man,

-Cam

i am too experiencing slow transfer rate for disks that are not on Sata 0... i conected my SL HDD to Sata 0 and Win7 to Sata 1 and i notice that sata1 or any other red one doesn't work as it should... then I tried to connect SL HDD to Jmicron orange Sata and Win7 to Sata 0 and now it works fine.. but I want to use the red ones and leave the orange empty ... any solutions?

Hmm I got me a Kernel Panic screen

I downloaded your latest kexts for 10.6.2 and ran the update, then replaced the kexts in the P6Tessentials and ran the 3_macLoader, said no to efi thingy then rebooted and I got kernel panic...

Any suggestions?