The List of USBWIFI Adapters working in snow! feel free to add!

terramir

59 posts in this topic

Hey is the Netgear wg111V3 any worse than the other working pci cards?

It looks easy to have it working by original drivers for 10.5 Leopard.

Anyway do you guys prefer this Netgear or the Linksys one?

Does the Netgear need to be replugged or something like that?

For those of you successful with the Linksys WUSB100, are you using version 1.0 or 2.0?

WUSB100 version 1.0 has a grey body and a black cap: image

WUSB100 version 2.0 has a black body and cap: image

I haven't been able to figure out if both versions use the Ralink 2870 chipset. Any help would be appreciated. :)

For those of you successful with the Linksys WUSB100, are you using version 1.0 or 2.0?

WUSB100 version 1.0 has a grey body and a black cap: image

WUSB100 version 2.0 has a black body and cap: image

I haven't been able to figure out if both versions use the Ralink 2870 chipset. Any help would be appreciated. :P

I'm using version 2.0

How about the WUSB600N Version 2. Anyone got it working in SL 64 bit? I downloaded the 10.6 ralink driver and trying to add the device and product ID in the 2870 section and there are 3 listed.

SHould I return it for the WSUB100? Its about $20 US cheaper to on Newegg. SHoudl I hang onto it and wait for it to be suppoted? Don't know the chipset either. 0079,1737

Edited a few hours later:

Downloaded the 2870 10.6 Snow driver from Ralinktech.com, and searched in the Info.plist for Linksys. There were three entries , a RT 2870 -1, a RT 2870 -2 and a RT 3070. I knew it was one of the RT2870's and figured RT2870-2 meant version 2 not sure if that is what it means. I changed the 113 to 121 as recommended by one of the posts here or another thread one specifically for the WUSB600N v2.

What I don't understand is the idproduct according to IOREG is 0x0079 so why the 121 instead? The idvendor is 0x1737 so why the 5943? Totally lost on that but it works!!

Now I have to figure out which script in the Info.plist correlates with the Belkin F5D9050 to get that to work.

My Linksys is seen as an Ethernet and can be viewed in the Rawlink Wireless Utility. It is not seen as an Airport?

trendnet wireless N tew 664UB works perfectly

dan b or psilocybin is that driver working in 64 bit and did you get it from Trendnet? Its a Realtek RTL-8189 according to Pre Sales at TrendNet and they only have a 10.5 driver thats why I ask!!

dan b or psilocybin is that driver working in 64 bit and did you get it from Trendnet? Its a Realtek RTL-8189 according to Pre Sales at TrendNet and they only have a 10.5 driver thats why I ask!!

my linksys wusb100 is working in 64 bit using kext and app from ralink site

my linksys wusb100 is working in 64 bit using kext and app from ralink site

dan b how does the info.plist work in the ralink kext? it is not listing the vendor nor the device id like we usually see in the iopci. Where we sometimes add our device ids there for instance my BCM 4329 had to be added to the IO80211Family.kext/bcm4311.kext/contents/info.plist.

I put in the device ids literally.

How does this info.plist work for the ralink kext? They do not use the actually device and product ids? I got my Linksys USB wireless WUSB600N to work by changing it from 113 to 121 as I mentioned in my previous post.

If you don't know does anyone here know how that works?

I would like to know so I can try and get my Belkin F5D9050 version 4 USB wireless to work.

Weird I went on Ralink webiste tonight and they removed the 10.6 2870 driver? I wonder if they are updating it again? I sent a message to the engineers in Twaiwan about how I was able to get the WUSB600N version 2 to work with their driver and also asked them if they could update the driver for the Belkin I have.

Man that would be great if that is what they are up to?

• 3 weeks later...

An update on the WUSB100 v1.0: version 1.0 also uses the RT2870 chipset and works in Snow Leopard with the drivers on Ralink's site.

Refurbished WUSB100 v1.0s are pretty cheap ($18-$25 US) compared to the other USB wifi adapters.

Confirm 100% working(WEP, havent try WPA/ PSK etc) on Snow Leopard but MUST in 32bit mode

Dlink DWL G-122 rev. C1

Use the available driver for Leopard, install & reboot

Go to System Preferences> DWL 122 & start configure your WiFi connection

Thanks

works 100% on my wpa connection.......with my aspire one d250

D-Link DWA-140 rev B1 works flawlessly (64 bit, haven't tried 32 but it should work) with the 2870 driver from ralink.

Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Booted into 10.5.7 to download the driver to a shared partition, restarted into 10.6.1, installed the driver, rebooted, plugged it in and gave it my wep key (couple of OLD laptops so no WPA in the house).

Short list of 2870 based cards (ie, these should all work with just the driver from ralinktech.com)

DLink DWA-140 (rev B1 & B2)

DLink DWA-160

Linksys WUSB-100

Asus USB-N13

Side note, the sensitivity on this card rocks. I used to pick up 2-3 neighborhood hotspots but can now see 6+.

• 2 months later...

64 bit working !!!

RT73USBWirelessDriver.kext

WPA2, other not tested

one can find the install package on RALINK support site

if you cannot find it, pm me and I will send you the package

(the connection breaks from time to time; I guess I have to edit sysctl settings; if any one has some info please post or pm me)

Confirm 100% working(WEP, havent try WPA/ PSK etc) on Snow Leopard but MUST in 32bit mode

Dlink DWL G-122 rev. C1

Use the available driver for Leopard, install & reboot

Go to System Preferences> DWL 122 & start configure your WiFi connection

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i have a zonet wlan adapter that uses the zydas driver 1211 and i used the wlan app to connect to my wep wifi so it connects well but when i open safari and enter a web page it jus dosent load (or any other internet stuff)

please help i have been trying for allot of time wit allot of drivers and stiff.

i have a samsung n310 (go)

sorry for english. thanks in advance!!

To;

Thread Creator.

Hi,

I have another device to add to the OK list.

I'm in New Zealand, we have the vodafone network here and they provide a USB WLAN service.

I can confirm this works hassle free in Mac OS 10.5.2 (Kalyway) with the Mac drivers that can be obtained at vodafone's webiste.

vodafone.co.nz

I'm unsure if they provide this service in other countries, if so I don't see why it wouldn't work overseas also.

Cheers guys and a hello to the entire community.

After hours of research this is how I got my ALFA Network (awus036h) with its RTL8187L chipset working on MAC OS X 10.6.3. None of this is my original work, but it did take me many hours to put it all together as follows:

The Alfa WiFi USB is run on an RTL8187L chip; get the REALTEK driver, currently for Leopard 10.5 from their website or alternate page.

For installation to 10.6 click through the installation error that the .kext could not be installed. Reboot. Use Pacifist (google and download) to locate the rtl8187.kext file in the install package of the driver software (its under the sub package of the install package called RTL8187.pkg. Extract it to your desktop. Use KEXT HELPER B7 to install (drag and drop). Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions, and change the ownership of it to root:wheel (right click, change wheel to have read and write).

Reboot and go to preferences pane, to network; then plug in usb and add it as a device. Then start the REALTEK program. This works for VMWARE Fusion for Backtrack or Windows or whatever your kool aid.

• 2 months later...

WORKS!!! on vanilla install of Snow Leopard, installed using Chameleon 4 RC2.

On my HP G70-111EM with Zydas Wifi Max usb 2 wifi dongle.

Installed the ZD1215Mac.kext using Kext Utility, copied the Wlan app to Utilities and rebooted with wifimax plugged in. Connected to my WPA2 wifi no problem at all.

Thank you all who developed this kext.