[Mini Guide] SL working on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

iRobie

934 posts in this topic

I ran the update through the regular software update and everything went fine. I did lose sound though but following what Milanche78 said worked perfect.

I also checked my video card because I have a 9500GT, just to make sure it was running ok and it seems to be doing better than before. Sorry jotunloki but it looks like that may be isolated to that particular card. I figured mine would be screwed too since our models are fairly close but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yeah, thanks for the sympathy anyway. I rolled my installation back to 10.6.4, I'll have to work on it on my clone partition and see what gives. I'll try downloading the combo upgrade and use that first.

Any solution for sound?

[Edit]

after installing http://www.ridgel1ne.com/OSX86/Downloads_f...DAInstaller.pkg

and running Kext utility for repairing permissions,than restarting, everything is ok ;)

Didn't work... what audio driver/kext did you install before that? voodoohda? or what? I don't have any driver installed atm the audio setting says no devices. I installed voodooHDA but I had very low sound so I removed...

HELP :{

Why doesn't mine work with AppleHDA 10.6.2? there are no devices.

I'm currently using voodooHDA and it doesn't work with line out which means i have to plug my speakers in the headphone jack in front of the pc , also I get lower volume... Please Help!!!

ALC889

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

ALC888

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

ALC883

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

AD2000B

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

ALC662

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x62\x06\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

I have the Rev 1.4 version of the G41M-ES2L and ran the Apple Software Update to install 10.6.5. After reboot, everything worked fine except audio. I reinstalled the Azalia audio pkg found here and now audio works again.

For the record, I just installed the 10.6.5 update.

Graphics and sleep seem to work ok, but I think speedstep is broken:

sysctl -a | grep cpu

hw.cpufrequency: 2933000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 2933000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 2933000000

Minor annoyance at this time, and I can't seem to find the pstate monitor program I had before.

Audio isn't a problem, but I moved to an external USB audio device vs using the onboard.

Per the sig, this is Chameleon RC4 and Ridgeline's DSDT for my E7500

hi everyone,

reinstalling my G41M-ES2L solved my airport problem. It now nicely reconnects when i wake my hac from sleep.

I have sadly to admit that the motherboard EP45-DS4 would not succeed in this. it *may* be chipset related (to all P45) and so not limited to this moitherboard only.

anyway...

During the reinstall, I lost my USBs they don't work and when i connect a flashdrive nothing happens (altough charging the iphone seems to work)

Can somebody help me to get the right kext for USB ? (i'm running SL 10.6.5)

thanks

EDIT: it seems to be my IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassstorag.kext that are f**** up.

error during boot says that some versions don't match.

i'm running 10.5.0 kernel, can somebody help me to get usb back ?

me again :)

-- USB solved --

it works using this package, it does a rollback of IOUSBFamily and everything is fine.

It can also do an applehda rollback for audio

http://hotfile.com/dl/82948996/8c6c32b/3rr...6.5_v2.dmg.html

my advice is to first backup the 2 iousb (family and massStorage) files in S/L/E to desktop, then delete them, then run the package.

hello.my first post :D

I have this system:

Motherboard: Gigabyte G41M-ES2L rev. 1.1 (BIOS F9)

Processor: Intel Pentium D 3,2Ghz

Video Card: GeForce 7300 LE 512 MB

RAM: 2 GB DDR2 Kingmax

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 250GB PATA

DVD drive : Pioneer DVD-RW PATA

Can i install Snow Leopard using CD/DVD method? Is PATA drives a problem or drives must be SATA? Is master/slave setup important?

My computer always reboots when install process must begin.

I used several different versions for install - and always i get system reboots.

Hello.

This is my configuration:

IntelCore2Quad 8300

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

Gainward nVidia 9500 GT Passive 512MB

I've booted with Kakewalk 2.2, came to the point of intersting the SL 10.6 and BOOOOM i've got the gray screen over the apple telling me to restart... ?!?!??!?! what could be the problem, i've tried with 3.0, its still the same ?

Just to mention my DVD-ROM (3yrs old) is connected to the mother board in through IDE connector. And the HDD is SATA.

Hello.

This is my configuration:

IntelCore2Quad 8300

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

Gainward nVidia 9500 GT Passive 512MB

I've booted with Kakewalk 2.2, came to the point of intersting the SL 10.6 and BOOOOM i've got the gray screen over the apple telling me to restart... ?!?!??!?! what could be the problem, i've tried with 3.0, its still the same ?

Just to mention my DVD-ROM (3yrs old) is connected to the mother board in through IDE connector. And the HDD is SATA.

Regarding to my last post i've solved this by using this tutorial http://www.ridgel1ne.com/OSX86/Tutorials.html and EmpireEFI, so almost everything works (sound,graphic card) great except the microphone but i haven't installed the audio driver from the tutorial because the sound works great with native one.

ALC889

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

ALC888

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

ALC883

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

AD2000B

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

ALC662

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x62\x06\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

what exactly does this mean....is this two separate lines you type in in the terminal...what is it supposed to do ... how do I know if it works.....what exactly does it do?

yes I am dumb

my guess is it is adding some data to the applehda file but not sure if I got it to work...I know I still have no sound....version of my board is 1.0 which should be the 888b

• 3 weeks later...
what exactly does this mean....is this two separate lines you type in in the terminal...what is it supposed to do ... how do I know if it works.....what exactly does it do?

yes I am dumb

my guess is it is adding some data to the applehda file but not sure if I got it to work...I know I still have no sound....version of my board is 1.0 which should be the 888b

ALC888b.zip

DSDT use DSDT EDITOR and PATCHER

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223205

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this board is really cool everything works great, except of the audio. I trying it since 8 hours to get it work, but i doesn't work. I try all things i have found so 12 different kext. But the only thing i see is this in my Profiler :

screenshot20101230at112.png

And that's the log from my start, there are many sound problems.

https://gist.github.com/759654

My rev of the board is the V1.4 with f9 bios.

I hope somebody can help me.

This boot cd rom is special made for this kind of motherbord, plug and play.

Boot from cd rom, after boot screen, change the boot cd with OSX Snow and enter F5 for refresh.

Install OSX Snow and after installation of Snow put boot cd rom again and boot from it.

Run the after installation from cd rom (na installatie).

Intel Pentium E6500

Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L

Asus 8400GS Silent

After an update of OSX run the after installation also again from cd cdrom.

http://www.kexts.com/view/685-bbg_budget.html

this .ISO is for the Hackintosh.nl Best Buy Guide, you can see it here:

http://www.hackintosh.nl/content/237-best-buy-guide-v2.html

If you have ver. 1.4 of this motherboard,

http://www.kexts.com/audio-sound/8272-kext...und-issues.html

Update to 10.6.6: everthing went fine (using DSDT coming from ridgeline for E8200, no Sleep Enabler was used).

App Store is working with iTunes-Account.

Sweet, thanks for the report. I'll make the jump and report back as well.

EDIT: After a reboot or three, it's back up and running. Took a bit longer than normal to restart, but everything appears to be working as before.

EDIT #2: It may just be pure bad luck, but the filesystem on my drive developed a non-fixable issue. Rebuild time for me. Noticed that ridgeline's site is gone. Looks like I'm going to try the chameleon RC5 install procedure with the DSDT auto patcher.

EDIT #3: Wow, that was easy. The RC5 unofficial installer worked really well. I had to manually add the themes and edit the boot.plist by hand, but otherwise it was very painless. With the USB audio dongle, I've got a single kext in /extra and that's it. Full graphic acceleration and it automagically boots into 64-bit. Now if I can figure out why bejeweled 2 is complaining about nowhid, I'll be back to where I was before the filesystem went strange.