Illustrated PDF: Vanilla OSX 10.5 on the Asrock ION 330 NetTop - NB: NOT for Pro or HD versions

shoarthing

323 posts in this topic

@stefano.85 - could you please post your DSDT file here?

Broken sound is only the problem I have with my as-rock ion box...

this is the part relative to the sound of my dsdt... with this at least analog output works perfectly. haven't tested other ports.

remember to set macpro in smbios, otherwise you get "clicks" everytime the output starts. bye!

p.s. remember that i've got the asrock ion 330 PRO, not the "normal" asrock ion 330. this version have another chipset (realtek) and 7.1 channels.

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

Name (SCID, Zero)

Name (SACW, Zero)

Method (_PS0, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (SCID)

{

Store (Zero, PMDS)

Store (Zero, PMEN)

Store (SCID, CDID)

Store (SACW, AOCW)

}

}

Method (_PS3, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Store (AOCW, SACW)

Store (CDID, SCID)

Store (One, PMST)

Store (0x03, PMDS)

Store (One, PMEN)

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x62, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

Unicode ("B"),

"device-type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"ALC889A"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (0x28)

{

/* 0000 */ 0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0xF0, 0x11, 0x11, 0x41,

/* 0008 */ 0xF0, 0x11, 0x11, 0x41, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA0, 0x90,

/* 0010 */ 0x60, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02, 0x40, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01,

/* 0018 */ 0x50, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02, 0xF0, 0x11, 0x11, 0x41,

/* 0020 */ 0x01, 0xC6, 0x04, 0x40, 0x30, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

@stefano

thanks for the sound part of your dsdt file. I just received my 330 pro but i'm having a hard time getting it to actually boot up my 10.6 installation hard disk. Could you perhaps explain to me what files you have in your /extra folder in order to get the installer to actually boot?

I'm not new to the osx86 thing (have two hackintoshes) but this little machine really gives me a hard time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't want to install OSx (sorry, just freenas on usb key ;-) ), but the problem is that the bios boots the USB key in

1.1 speed .

I found your website and this topic , and It seems you get a 1.50d (you just ask asrock ??) with USB 2.0 activated at boot time.

Beside the 2.0 usb point, can I use this firmware like a classic 1.5 bios for my purpose ?

Thanks in advance .

Yann.

Maybe someone who has a better understanding then me off what is all explained here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...alc662&st=0

is able the fix sound on the "old" Asrock Ion 330 and willing to share this.

It explains how to patch the original AppleHDA.kext

For a start here is the codec dump from Linux. I have tried to convert it to .svg, but it gives the following error:

Codec: VIA VT1708S

Generating dump.svg

./codecgraph: line 84: 253 Segmentation fault dot -T$fmt -o$outfile.$fmt \

I also do not have Windows 7 nor Vista so if anyone could make a dump of the PinConfig and post it that would be great.

Linux_codec_dump.txt

Sorry for my bad english! I am owner of asrock ion 330 and i want to install ideneb 10.5.7 on this computer. You have made a guide but you have not said like installing osx. Here some question: - Which kernel I must use? - Which drivers? - Which fix? You can tell me what i can install osx on this computer?

PS: I have installe 1.60 bios firmware and i have AHCI abilited

freddimercuri :D

Sorry for my bad english! I am owner of asrock ion 330 and i want to install ideneb 10.5.7 on this computer. You have made a guide but you have not said like installing osx. Here some question: - Which kernel I must use? - Which drivers? - Which fix? You can tell me what i can install osx on this computer?

PS: I have installe 1.60 bios firmware and i have AHCI abilited

freddimercuri :)

Hello Freddy (is that really you?),

Please just follow the instructions in the pdf file. You don't have to select any special drivers from the iDeneb installer. The necessary drivers are installed by the described selections of the Chameleon installer and by the kexts to be copied just after installing Chameleon. It works for me.

Cheers, Bart.

Neat tutorial, but unfortunately it doesn't apply to my setup at all.

In short:

• This is the Asrock ION 330HT, the updated revision with 7.1 sound and ESATA that has been popping up in the last few pages of this thread.
  • So no, the 1.50d BIOS update so constantly referred to will not work for me. (This revision had a 1.0 BIOS when it came out of the box, updated to 1.1 -no joy)
  • Installed the original 10.5 retail disc, updated to 10.5.6 with the Combo Installer and installed Chameleon r640 according to the pdf's steps.

No joy. First boot hangs on the following:

EHCI controller [10de:0aa6] at 00:04.1 DMA @fae7ec00

Considering how my BIOS differs from the screenshots in the PDF, I guess I'm missing something. Any leads?

Macdude101 just got his working 330-HT PM him. He ended up using my installer and one or two tweaks

Cheers! Turns out he's using 10.6 rather than 10.5.6, but I'm not exceptionally picky. He suggested I'd try to get my hands on your installer. Care to share? :P

In the meantime I did get a little bit further down the road by disabling USB 2.0 in the BIOS. It now hangs on

using 9175 buffer headers and 4096 cluster  IO buffer headers

The usual tinkering with AHCI settings for the disk, disabling hyperthreading or starting with -cpus=1 doesn't get me any further. Here's hoping your installer does the trick...

Cheers! Turns out he's using 10.6 rather than 10.5.6, but I'm not exceptionally picky. He suggested I'd try to get my hands on your installer. Care to share? :)

In the meantime I did get a little bit further down the road by disabling USB 2.0 in the BIOS. It now hangs on

using 9175 buffer headers and 4096 cluster  IO buffer headers

The usual tinkering with AHCI settings for the disk, disabling hyperthreading or starting with -cpus=1 doesn't get me any further. Here's hoping your installer does the trick...

See attached...

Easy to do snow....

1) restore SNOW DVD to Flash drive or HDD partition....

2) Run installer and point to the restored drive

3) Boot up using the restored drive which has Chameleon, custom DSDT, etc

4) Install

5) run the installer against the drive that you installed SNOW to.

6) Boot from newly installed SNOW drive.

I think we got it working with the 330-HT for Macdude101 using the same DSDT thats in the installer but had audio issues. You might need to ask him which KEXT he added if any...

The installer works spot on with standard ASROCK 330's

Hope it helps.

-Goz

Asrock_ION_330_Snow_Magic.zip

please someone help me :/

i have asrock ion and im using iatkos 10.5.7 with nvdarwin hack

my 1st problem scartches with the sound

and my 2nd i want to play full hd 1080p video using cuda

i have install the cuda from nvidia how to enable gpu accelerate?

guys sorry again! but i need your help :/

finally i have do complete restore on my asrock ion

with the iatkos v7

alla the settings in customize it was the same from the first time

but this time my asrock cant boot :/

im getting error MAC Framework successfully initialized using 15728 buffer headers and 4096

on verbose mode

please i need your help what can i do?(btw i have use all the bios versions 1.50,1.50d and 1.60) with all version i have the same problem

guys sorry again! but i need your help :/

finally i have do complete restore on my asrock ion

with the iatkos v7

alla the settings in customize it was the same from the first time

but this time my asrock cant boot :/

im getting error MAC Framework successfully initialized using 15728 buffer headers and 4096

on verbose mode

please i need your help what can i do?(btw i have use all the bios versions 1.50,1.50d and 1.60) with all version i have the same problem

I have the blueray version of the ION 330 (330HT-BD).

When I try to install 1.50d bios it is not recognized. The installed BIOS (1.10) doesn't offer me the USB choices you show.

Otherwise followed your instructions to the letter (10.5>10.5.6 (saved kernel & kexts)>10.5.8 (copied kernel & kexts back over), the installed the chameleon package.)

Remember to chown+chmod those kexts, kiddies!

It boots now with MT. Only thing left to do is sort out the sound.

THNX!!!

=========

mobo Rev. G/A 1.02 / ALC890

Hi guys, great tutorial from shoarthing, however this really isnt the best thing in the world if you dont already have access to a mac! I have aquired a .dmg of my leopard retail (10.5.6) and briefly tried using boot132 yesterday with "-v -x" and it hung at something to do with IO buffers headers? Has anyone got any suggestions for me to install this way or is it still essential that I have to extract my drive to another mac?

cheers.

can post screens if you need it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hay , I just bought an ASRock ION330 Pro and install SnowLeopard 10.6.1 as my operating system , I have shared the way on following link .

Link : http://www.hackint0sh.org/f152/110230.htm

Thanks for this!

This tutorial contains the right BIOS settings for people with newer (Pro/HT/BD) models. During setup you're stuck with legacy USB transfer speeds (which was rather unpleasant considering I was attempting to install from a USB key :D), but afterwards, things were running quite well. Wifi and Audio are not (yet) working, but those aren't dealbreakers for now.

First I pulled out the HD from the ION 330 and installed SL like u do in the pdf, then i used Goz app to install all other stuff, put the HD back and configured the BIOS (using 1.5d) and then started up and it looks like almost everything is working (no sound). I tryed to uppg to 10.6.2 but it failed to start, Goz is there anything special I need to do to get 10.6.2 working?