Illustrated PDF: Vanilla OSX 10.5 on the Asrock ION 330 NetTop - NB: NOT for Pro or HD versions

shoarthing

323 posts in this topic

First I pulled out the HD from the ION 330 and installed SL like u do in the pdf, then i used Goz app to install all other stuff, put the HD back and configured the BIOS (using 1.5d) and then started up and it looks like almost everything is working (no sound). I tryed to uppg to 10.6.2 but it failed to start, Goz is there anything special I need to do to get 10.6.2 working?

Atom support was removed in 10.6.2. You'll need to run a modified kernel to use it with 10.6.2 and up.

Check out http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0

• 2 weeks later...
Tuesday 3rd November 2009

Guide converted to fully illustrated & updated *.pdf

Please note: this guide assumes you have access to a working OSX installation.

*.pdf is attached to this post together with all required installation files

I have this machine, and I operate this to be successful.

But I can't use this now. Of course, It includes few problems.

At first, it doesn't use USB 2.0. It must be shut down when I operate USB 2.0 support by motherboard.

I checked my BIOS is different from presented BIOS in this website.

For that reason, I want to know where 150d beta BIOS is, anyone tell me about this file?

• 3 weeks later...
Hay , I just bought an ASRock ION330 Pro and install SnowLeopard 10.6.1 as my operating system , I have shared the way on following link .

Link : http://www.hackint0sh.org/f152/110230.htm

Hi janco1999

Which LegacyHDA.kext do you have? My version is not work. I instead the VoodooHDA, but the sound is terrible!

I can't fine the ALC 890b driver for Mac, please help. Thanks.

this is the part relative to the sound of my dsdt... with this at least analog output works perfectly. haven't tested other ports.

remember to set macpro in smbios, otherwise you get "clicks" everytime the output starts. bye!

p.s. remember that i've got the asrock ion 330 PRO, not the "normal" asrock ion 330. this version have another chipset (realtek) and 7.1 channels.

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00080000)

Name (SCID, Zero)

Name (SACW, Zero)

Method (_PS0, 0, NotSerialized)

{

If (SCID)

{

Store (Zero, PMDS)

Store (Zero, PMEN)

Store (SCID, CDID)

Store (SACW, AOCW)

}

}

Method (_PS3, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Store (AOCW, SACW)

Store (CDID, SCID)

Store (One, PMST)

Store (0x03, PMDS)

Store (One, PMEN)

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x62, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

Unicode ("B"),

"device-type",

Buffer (0x08)

{

"ALC889A"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (0x28)

{

/* 0000 */ 0x10, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0xF0, 0x11, 0x11, 0x41,

/* 0008 */ 0xF0, 0x11, 0x11, 0x41, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA0, 0x90,

/* 0010 */ 0x60, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02, 0x40, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01,

/* 0018 */ 0x50, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02, 0xF0, 0x11, 0x11, 0x41,

/* 0020 */ 0x01, 0xC6, 0x04, 0x40, 0x30, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

Could you be kind share your DSDT.aml (the "Pro" one) for us? For I'm poor at programing. Thank a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wifi card AR5895 (or AR5B95?) has vendor id=0168c and device id=2b. I changed th "info.plist" of AirPortAtheros.kext in IO80211Family.kext, the AirPort icon comes up in menu bar, but no network access.

I also put AtherosFix.kext in /E/E still the same. Any idea?

Hi there, I've a Asrock ION 330 HT, every thing works except build-in wifi card and CIR, sound only noisy.

I didn't use DSDT.

I tested the graphic with CINEBENCH R10, the OpenGL benchmark has only ca. 1400, not very good. It surely has CI/QE but when I play 720p video the picture is not very smoothly. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Can anyone share his DSDT?

Finally I fixed the DSDT!

Now I've correct RTC, Hyper Threading, GPU, on board audio.

Here is the install file (For ION 330Pro/HT/HTBD only).

The Atom kernel you could find via Google.

Asrock_ion330ht_pack.zip

Edit: The USB has also be fixed with modified Chemeleon within the pack. All vanilla installation.

Note: To install, first to disable USB 2.0 in BIOS setting. Otherwise the installation will fail.

Here is the install file (Fro ION 330Pro/HT/HTBD only).

Asrock_ion330ht_pack.zip

. . HI: thanks for this.

Could other Pro/HT/HTBD owners/users confirm this dsdt & associated kexts work for them?

. . if so, will update thread title & first post.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

As I updated to 10.3.0 atom 64 kernel for Snow 10.6.3 which caused KP (seems USB 2.0 issue).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197020&st=0

bootloader: ionitx boot v2. with HiSpeed/USB Legacy problem fixed. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...197516&st=0

Now I backed to 10.2.0 atom kernel, but I got KP also. As long time rebuilt the EFI I can only boot with -v script, no graphic boot, sadly.

Here are my setting:

com.apple.Boot.plist:

arch = x86

Boot Banner = No

boot-uuid = <my uuid>

Default Partition = hd(0,2)

EthernetBuiltin = Yes

Graphics Mode = 1024x768x32

GraphicsEnabler = Yes

Kernel = atom_kernel

Kernel Flags = -v

Timeout = 3

USBLegacyOff = Yes

Extensions:

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IOACPIFamily.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

Are there any suggestions? Are there anything has to add? Thx.

OK, I've the GUI boot again! :D

I tried to update the atom mach_kernel to the newest (mach_kernel_atom64) and updated my newest DSDT.

I put the old Extensions.mkext which fits to GUI boot instead of rebuild new one.

I don't know why, I've GUI boot to come back.

Here is my new DSDT with CPU HTT add-on, USB fixed, Darwin OS add and some minor fixed (use for your own rick).

dsdt_aml.zip

Hi - both USB device entries in the attached dsdt & the dsdt attached to your post 236 are identical & appear [from memory of editing an Asrock ION dsdt] to be vanilla - can you detail what background tweak(s) you've done re: 'USB fixed'?

. . . I ask because this is a key deal with these MCP79 boards, & I'm interested in all new steps towards making these boards work.

Sorry I can't explain the details of these fixes, because I just copied the codes from other forums (such like: Zotac ion, mini-itx ion...). I think you were there too. You might ask mageus or eugene, for these guys are geniuses.

Sorry I can't explain the details of these fixes, because I just copied the codes from other forums (such like: Zotac ion, mini-itx ion...). I think you were there too. You might ask mageus or eugene, for these guys are geniuses.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry to have to inform you; but there is no 'USB fix' in 'your' dsdt.

If you wish to work out a solution for the Asrock ION 330 HD & Pro models it might be best to start a thread devoted to that project - OK?

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry to have to inform you; but there is no 'USB fix' in 'your' dsdt.

If you wish to work out a solution for the Asrock ION 330 HD & Pro models it might be best to start a thread devoted to that project - OK?

Maybe there is because the different machine between Zotac ION and Asrock ION. But it doesn't bother me with the USB issue now. For I used a modified PC-EFI boot loader which fix the USB problem.

Yes, thank you for this suggestion. I'll do it if I have time.

Hay , I just bought an ASRock ION330 Pro and install SnowLeopard 10.6.1 as my operating system , I have shared the way on following link .

Link : http://www.hackint0sh.org/f152/110230.htm

Janco,

I have the same system. I have followd your instruction but it seems that I have a problem.

Can you give some more details to the installation instrction most of the Google is your find things probabaly will help.

Any one else who has additional information to the ION 330 Pro?

thanks,

Janco,

I have the same system. I have followd your instruction but it seems that I have a problem.

Can you give some more details to the installation instrction most of the Google is your find things probabaly will help.

Any one else who has additional information to the ION 330 Pro?

thanks,

Ok I have the system up and running with 10.6  with the installer instruction of Janco.

The video is basic it will not run frontrow. Do I change the video with a Efi string in the boot.lisp or is there a better way.

Is it better to update the system first to 10.6.3 and if so what instruction is best to follow?

Shoarting, lexylee, teateam and setefano I believe your are the best on this part so you advice is highly appreciated

thanks

Hi RobertJB,

If you can't run Front Row that is there is no CI/QE with your video. You could add DSDT and/or put "GraphicsEnabler = Yes" in your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Upgrade to 10.6.3 is good for the next version of XBMC (not the 9.11 one), for it will get H.264 acceleration with NVIDIA video card.

Hi RobertJB,

If you can't run Front Row that is there is no CI/QE with your video. You could add DSDT and/or put "GraphicsEnabler = Yes" in your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Upgrade to 10.6.3 is good for the next version of XBMC (not the 9.11 one), for it will get H.264 acceleration with NVIDIA video card.

Alexylee,

I have run myhack and now frontrow does work. Boxee does work as well but still CI and QE are not show in the system profile.

I think I have to make a upgrade to 10.6.3. as that will also give the possibility to have HTT on in the BIOS.

any sugestions on the audio part?

Here is the install file (For ION 330Pro/HT/HTBD only).

Asrock_ion330ht_pack.zip

Edit: The USB has also be fixed with modified Chemeleon within the pack. All vanilla installation.

Note: To install, first to disable USB 2.0 in BIOS setting. Otherwise the installation will fail.

Alexylee,

Does this work for 10.6 or do I do this with a higher version of SL?

Same for the DSDT file in you later message?

Where do I put this DSDT file?

thanks,

@RobertJB,

If you have the Front Row functioned then you have CI/QE already.

For audio you can download the file within #234, select the 4outs2ins HDA one. But I still can't find HDMI audio support for onboard ION card yet.

The latest DSDT should work for 10.6. The DSDT should be put in EFI partition.

Open the Terminal:

sudo -s

diskutil list

and you get the partitions information.

If your installation method is vanilla, you should have the EFI partition. If you don't, then get it a try from somewhere to learn about vanilla installation. Once you have it, then you could put the needed elements in the EFI.

The EFI may have the stuff:

boot (invisible)

Extra (folder)

• dsdt.aml
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
  • smbios.plist
  • Extensions.mkext
  • Extensions (folder) ---- *.kext

@RobertJB,

If you have the Front Row functioned then you have CI/QE already.

For audio you can download the file within #234, select the 4outs2ins HDA one. But I still can't find HDMI audio support for onboard ION card yet.

The latest DSDT should work for 10.6. The DSDT should be put in EFI partition.

Open the Terminal:

sudo -s

diskutil list

and you get the partitions information.

If your installation method is vanilla, you should have the EFI partition. If you don't, then get it a try from somewhere to learn about vanilla installation. Once you have it, then you could put the needed elements in the EFI.

The EFI may have the stuff:

boot (invisible)

Extra (folder)

• dsdt.aml
  • com.apple.Boot.plist
  • smbios.plist
  • Extensions.mkext
  • Extensions (folder) ---- *.kext

Alexylee,

Thanks for the information.

Just to be on the safe side. Can you tell me what install instruction you did follow for your installation.

As informed I have a Asrock ION330PRO with the 1.10 bios and the 7.1 sound , when it works.

I'm getting my info all over the web but it looks like this is the best link.

If I could have like a short hyperlink replay with the steps to follow I think I will get the system up and running better and better.

I like to have the system at a Geekbench score above the 1.400. I have read that at 2Ghz the system can reach 1.600 with HTT on. This is still of at my end.

thanks for your input. :ninja: