Illustrated PDF: Vanilla OSX 10.5 on the Asrock ION 330 NetTop - NB: NOT for Pro or HD versions

shoarthing

323 posts in this topic

i have the first edition of asrock ion

and i have problem with my sound(VIA VT1708S)i have search on the forum only one version of voodoohda is working but with noise

i try linux dump with the guide but its to hard for a noob like me

does anyone have it?

I'm making the manual for the easy installation of Snow 10.6.4. on the Asrock ION330.

It is coming a long way and I have the system up and running, I now have a second system.

After I add the DTDS.aml file in the Extra folder my system performance goes up really well. Only the power situation changes as with my other system. At shutdown the system shuts down the software but the hard ware stays on. (power button, blinking) Actually the systems goes to sleep instead of shutdown. When I select sleep in the system it does the same thing (power button blinking). I can not wake the system from this. Is this a setting I have to alter and possible a kext have to load to handle this :D

alexlee and robertjb what version of ion do you have?

I have the Asrock ION330PRO with the 1.10 bios version.

I'm making the manual for the easy installation of Snow 10.6.4. on the Asrock ION330.

It is coming a long way and I have the system up and running, I now have a second system.

After I add the DTDS.aml file in the Extra folder my system performance goes up really well. Only the power situation changes as with my other system. At shutdown the system shuts down the software but the hard ware stays on. (power button, blinking) Actually the systems goes to sleep instead of shutdown. When I select sleep in the system it does the same thing (power button blinking). I can not wake the system from this. Is this a setting I have to alter and possible a kext have to load to handle this :D

I have the Asrock ION330PRO with the 1.10 bios version.

Im watching this space, would be good to see if youc an compile all the kexts we need and how to get the 9400m working optimally. ie. CI/QE and Acceleration in applications such as flash/plex etc.

Would love it if you could email me it? braggalex@gmail.com

I just recently finished my 10.6.3 install but would be good to know how you have done it!

Im watching this space, would be good to see if youc an compile all the kexts we need and how to get the 9400m working optimally. ie. CI/QE and Acceleration in applications such as flash/plex etc.

Would love it if you could email me it? braggalex@gmail.com

I just recently finished my 10.6.3 install but would be good to know how you have done it!

With the DTDS.aml I use (of Alexylee) I have the 9400 working like sharm.

It even support two screens that you can set as mirror or as second screen with-in Snow.

Plex works, frontrow works so it does CI/QE.

At this moment is only the power issue I have. :(

i have fix the power issue problem,but i cant play mkv with gpu acceleration and i have issue with the sound :/

i cant send emails because i have to many emails from ebay and i will not find yours :/

if you want we can talk from msn/skype or anythink you want

im 10-15hours per day online

i have fix the power issue problem,but i cant play mkv with gpu acceleration and i have issue with the sound :/

i cant send emails because i have to many emails from ebay and i will not find yours :/

if you want we can talk from msn/skype or anythink you want

im 10-15hours per day online

I'm writting the installation instruction as I write this.

I think I will have it on-line tomorrow afternoon (Amsterdam time).

What can you tell me about the power issue I would like to have this sorted out before I post the instruction.

im using iatkos s3 10.6.3

and it have been fixed after the dsdt (from alexlee)

and in my extra folder i have

AHCIPortInjector.kext

Disabler.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

im using iatkos s3 10.6.3

and it have been fixed after the dsdt (from alexlee)

and in my extra folder i have

AHCIPortInjector.kext

Disabler.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

EvOreboot.kext

fakesmc.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

I have checked and put the missing kext in the extra folder with kext helper but still no result.

This is the last bit that really is frustrating.

I will post the link shortly of my installation instruction.

Did any of you change something in the BIOS of the Asrock with regards to the power?

Also when it goos to sleep how do you awake it?

im using bios 1.50D(you can find it on first post) try to change the ACPI from bios

xameleon,

I do not really know what you mean, where do I have to set this?

What does "try to change the ACPI from bios" mean?

As I have a ION330Pro I have bios 1.10, below you find my ACPI settings in my Bios.

Bios settings:

Suspend to RAM    = Auto

Check Ready Bir    = Enabled

Restore on AC/Power loss = Power Off

Onboard LAN Power on  = Disabled

RTC Alaram Power On = Disabled

ACPI HPET table = Enabled

thanks

xameleon,

I do not really know what you mean, where do I have to set this?

What does "try to change the ACPI from bios" mean?

As I have a ION330Pro I have bios 1.10, below you find my ACPI settings in my Bios.

Bios settings:

Suspend to RAM    = Auto

Check Ready Bir    = Enabled

Restore on AC/Power loss = Power Off

Onboard LAN Power on  = Disabled

RTC Alaram Power On = Disabled

ACPI HPET table = Enabled

thanks

Alexylee,

Can you post your Bios settings and kext list.

I think you and I have the same system both ION330Pro with bios 1.10.

thanks

Hey,

I've been reading the OP & followup posts with interest, i notice RobertJB is soon to post a guide for 10.6 ION330Pro users.

I have the standard ION330, not pro (as per topic title) - Is trying to run 10.6 more hassle than it's worth? I get the feeling this topic has been abandoned in favour of people using the more compatible HD/PRO versions.

Would really appreciate your advice,

Thanks to all contributors

- Firestarta

Hey,

I've been reading the OP & followup posts with interest, i notice RobertJB is soon to post a guide for 10.6 ION330Pro users.

I have the standard ION330, not pro (as per topic title) - Is trying to run 10.6 more hassle than it's worth? I get the feeling this topic has been abandoned in favour of people using the more compatible HD/PRO versions.

Would really appreciate your advice,

Thanks to all contributors

- Firestarta

i have the same version

im using iatkos s3(10.6.3)and i have get everythink working except the sound(im using external usb)

Alexylee,

Can you post your Bios settings and kext list.

I think you and I have the same system both ION330Pro with bios 1.10.

thanks

Ok, RobertJB, I think we are using the same machine, i.e. ION330Pro/HT. But xameleon is using the ION330 (the first generation), there will be minor different between these two machine. I don't know about the ION330 one, sorry.

The BIOS setting from you is same as I did. Nothing special.

P.S.: I only upgraded to 10.6.3. I don't want to upgrade to 10.6.4 this time.

Ok, RobertJB, I think we are using the same machine, i.e. ION330Pro/HT. But xameleon is using the ION330 (the first generation), there will be minor different between these two machine. I don't know about the ION330 one, sorry.

The BIOS setting from you is same as I did. Nothing special.

P.S.: I only upgraded to 10.6.3. I don't want to upgrade to 10.6.4 this time.

Asrock_help.txt

Edited by bobywankenoby

• 2 weeks later...

RobertJB, are you still working on the guide? I've got a 330HT, and I was thrilled to find out that I could install Snow Leopard on it. The problem is that I've never installed OSX on a non Apple computer (but I'm not afraid of trying).

Is there anything that you can't get working so far?

P.S: just noticed Asrock released bios version 1.2. Maybe this fixes some of the problems?