Illustrated PDF: Vanilla OSX 10.5 on the Asrock ION 330 NetTop - NB: NOT for Pro or HD versions

shoarthing

323 posts in this topic

I have the same problem, Is it the graphiccard who cause problem?:( (Har du löst din fråga OneDee?)

Yes, I solved it by startover from scratch. I think i forgott to replace some file.

Running 10.5.8 without HTT and got 1400 in geekbench.

I am a happy man with Xcode running =)

hi guys. i think i will buy the asus ion 330 PRO, tomorrow. It has 7.1 audio (alc888?! chipset instead of via plus 1 e-sata & RAID support). but i have a question... in the USB section of the bios (manual downladed from asrock site) there's only the option "USB 2.0 Support". is it a problem for the compatibility?? the only bios version for now is the 1.0.

sorry for english! i'm italian ;)

I've installed 10.5.2 > 10.5.6 combo update > 10.5.8 combo update without problems.

In my case:

1) Legacy support enabled doesn't boot Leopard (everlasting Chameleon screen after timeout),

2) No WLAN USB Pentagram dongle recognized - only Ethernet cable worked.

Unfortunately, after rewriting kexts from 10.5.6 I've got "AHCI driver not found" panic.

My env:

ASRock ION 330-BD, BIOS 1.50d

Hey,

i just added a String for the ION GFX ChipSet (found it in some other thread) to the DSDT.aml provided here. If anybody likes to try it out - feel free.

Rename to DSDT.aml replace your current DSDT.aml. Edit the GFX enabler thingie out of com.apple.boot.plist don't forget to chown the files afterwards.

Do it on your own risk - if you do not have another OSX install you can repair a borked system from let others try it out. at least it worked for me.

DSDT.9400M.aml.zip

There is also a new Asrock ION 330 HT with 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN and Gigabit Lan, esata port, Capable to support RAID 0, 1 by adopting the 2nd 2.5†HDD, build in IR sensor and MCE Remote Controller and 7.1 sound

I wonder if the wireless lan and Infrared port and new 7.1 sound works with osx?

IR = Nuvoton W836x7HG

WLAN = Atheros

7.1 Audio = Realtek

1) Legacy support enabled doesn't boot Leopard (everlasting Chameleon screen after timeout)

Is your OSX install on the first partition? If not, you have to point Chameleon to the right partition.

Pressing enter twice does start OSX, or do you have to change something manually?

Unfortunately, after rewriting kexts from 10.5.6 I've got "AHCI driver not found" panic.
Did you somehow disabled "AHCI" in the BIOS? Did you replace all .kext or only mach_kernel, Seatbelt&System.kext. Did you chown the .kext's after replacing them?

Is your OSX install on the first partition? If not, you have to point Chameleon to the right partition.

Pressing enter twice does start OSX, or do you have to change something manually?

Did you somehow disabled "AHCI" in the BIOS? Did you replace all .kext or only mach_kernel, Seatbelt&System.kext. Did you chown the .kext's after replacing them?

OSX on 1st partition. AHCI enabled all the time. All kexts replaced. I didn't chown the kext's, because I didn't find anything on that in manual - probably that was the point... But I've ended up with my first Mac - MacBook Pro - Yeesss!  :thumbsup_anim: ASRock works peacefuly as WMC only.

Thanks everybody for everything.

ion 330 PRO arrived today... i have two problems on snow. the usb2.0 hot plug and the audio(alc662 0x18495890) didn't work. with voodoohda only crappy sound.... someone can help me?

Hi Stefano,

Any luck on solving the issues with the new Asrock? Is it possible to get support for the Blue Ray drive?

i have solved the audio issue... in fact the asrock ion 330pro doesn't have the alc662 (think mac os system profiler is wrong) but the realtek 890b AKA 889a... i have modified the codec id in the DSDT with the id of the 889a without injectors or something else. finally have at least green jack out, mic in and spdif (haven't tested other ports).Didn't resolved the usb2 mount issues . it works 3 boots to 10. always the same error at boot... (UIM initialize error ecc. ecc...). perhaps i've found a solution on voodoo project site for this problem... it's a patch to chameleon but i don't know how to install this. anyone with this new asrock ion family can help me? hi all

solved the USB 2.0 legacy issues... i have enabled legacy and usb 2.0 in bios and it works perfectly... i've patched the chameleon 2.0 RC3 sources with the diff found in voodoo chameleon forum... (tnx to Signal64 for the great work and trauma for help). if anyone wants... go there for instructions. bye all

i have solved the audio issue... in fact the asrock ion 330pro doesn't have the alc662 (think mac os system profiler is wrong) but the realtek 890b AKA 889a... i have modified the codec id in the DSDT with the id of the 889a without injectors or something else. finally have at least green jack out, mic in and spdif (haven't tested other ports).Didn't resolved the usb2 mount issues . it works 3 boots to 10. always the same error at boot... (UIM initialize error ecc. ecc...). perhaps i've found a solution on voodoo project site for this problem... it's a patch to chameleon but i don't know how to install this. anyone with this new asrock ion family can help me? hi all

@stefano.85 - could you please post your DSDT file here?

Broken sound is only the problem I have with my as-rock ion box...

Hi guys, thanks for your tremendous efforts here, the project looks very impressive.

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer, before I buy an ION.

First up, when using 10.5, is it possible to get everything working as a fully functional "Mac"? Some people have sound issues - why is this?

I would like to do this as an experiment to see if it's possible, so only really want to buy the cheapest machine. Will this run all of the normal apps I could expect to use? How do they perform under heavy CPU usage when running HD Flash (such as the BBC iPlayer?).

Will it be possible to use an Alfa AWUS360H wifi adapter - as the cheapest machine doesn't include wifi?

Any help at all is massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Z

I made a bit of an error when installing 10.5 on my asrock.

I upgraded straight to 10.5.8 without taking a backup of the kernel, seatbelt and system kexts. (Schoolboy error.. I know!)

So I cannot get hyperthreading enabled...

Would anyone be so kind as to share their mach_kernel, seatbelt.kext and system.kext files.

Many Thanks

I made a bit of an error when installing 10.5 on my asrock.

I upgraded straight to 10.5.8 without taking a backup of the kernel, seatbelt and system kexts. (Schoolboy error.. I know!)

So I cannot get hyperthreading enabled...

Would anyone be so kind as to share their mach_kernel, seatbelt.kext and system.kext files.

Many Thanks

10.5.6 kexts uploaded here ...

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/1692...6-kext-zip.html

By the way, did anyone found a solution to make sound and sleep working

Keep on good work guys :)

If I bought a Bluetooth adapter would I be able to use the apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse with a Hackintoshed ASROCK ION 330? Also which Wireless Adapters work with it?

I've been using one of these for some time and works great with Bluetooth Apple wireless keyboards and mice including magic mouse