GMA X4500

Tienneke

368 posts in this topic

I worked for my laptop, now I can have my native resolution 1366x768x32. Such a great patch.

Iatkos 10.5.7, Dell Studio 1555, VGA GMA4500MHD 2A42, Version 0007.

But the mouse is still VERTICAL STRIPS. :(

Is there someone having the solution for it?

Btw: I cannot boot with -v option, althernatively I had to do with -f -v.

Can' get it to work... I'm sure I'm getting the right Device Number, and is the same as yours, and Im sure it's mobile 'cause I'm on a Notebook (Dell inspiron 1545), and still I can't get it to work.

The System Profiler tells me that no kext were loaded to the Graphics... Any ideas?

PS.: I already tried to boot on -x...

[uPDATE]

I booted on -x and done the same thing, now my screen is black and I can't get past the login screen...

[uPDATE 2X]

Got it to 1024x768 by deleting via command Line (-s) the 2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100 | AppleIntelGMAX3100 | AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

did you replace the original dsdt.aml with the patched one?

Make sure you have the vanilla version of the kernel extensions (being AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext in /System/Library/Extensions). This only applies to people previously running kernel extensions provided by me in the other thread

could you please upload this kext here also?

thx

WOW!

Thanks very much. It work fine on my MSI X340 , without mouse issue or artifact.

But i cant play any video avi divx xvid on quick time or VLC.

Any suggest?

thanks a lot!!

Mik.

Try vlc 0.9.2 that doesn't want QE/QI to play videos...If no video appearing, from VLC menu, try Video->Normal Size.

Hope it helps.

Try vlc 0.9.2 that doesn't want QE/QI to play videos...If no video appearing, from VLC menu, try Video->Normal Size.

Hope it helps.

In earlier versions 0.8.x and 0.9.x the video is jerky if played in full screen mode,else if used in normal mode its fine.

Actually as we increase the window size the playback becomes more Jerky :-).

In earlier versions 0.8.x and 0.9.x the video is jerky if played in full screen mode,else if used in normal mode its fine.

Actually as we increase the window size the playback becomes more Jerky :-).

And the video goes perfectly if you do not install kext for the 1366X786(Native resolution).

• 3 weeks later...

I got videos to work on my hackintosh pre kext but after i installed it, now vlc and other programs won't play any avi etc files. makes me sad that the resolution looks great but won't play video

ok so yeah, since qe doesn't work with native resolution, neither will new versions of vlc. so i tried 0.82 and it worked but its slow. ill prob be using windows to watch video :P

• 2 weeks later...

Same issues I've been having with every kext I have tried.

Vertical Lines, broken cursor. Same Dev ID as everyone else, 2a42.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked like a charm for me. Thank You Thank You Thank You. :lol:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a42

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

LP156WH2-TLE1:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work for me,

I have a MSI X340

MyHack Installer Method: http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/

SL

Running Dual Boot Win 7 + OSx ...... Currently successfully running OSX with standard resolution

I ran the instructions with the right device ID and when I boot I get to a blue screen (no cursor) and it doesn't do anything after that (ie. doesn't get to the main OS X screen). When I boot into safe mode I am able to get back to OSx with standard resolution.

Any helps/thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Not sure if someone has had a similar problem

Thanks

Hi...

newbie's here.. :wacko:

i'm unlucky with your method, pointer is gone so i can't see it...

system profiler same as yours..

i've got the resolution but with no mouse pointer..

my laptop is NEC Versa.

thx

If you get a blue screen and nothing else, remove the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, we're still looking for a way to be able to use the AppleIngelGMAX3100.kext properly :)

Hi, I'm new in OSX, I have blue screen but I don't know how to apply your recomanded. Please reply me how to, step by step. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all I'm a Mac noob....

I tried to install SL on my Acer AS1410 and got it to work... I used the Hazard 10.6.1-10.6.2 and did a netbookinstaller. After that I tried the X4500 script, but it doesn't work. It didn't gave me any error, but I can't select any other resolution other than 1024x768.

I think it is because the system is picking a GMA950 kext due to the netbookinstaller. Cause, when I look at system profiler under hardware/graphics it says GMA950. Moreover, when I look into system/library/extension I see that the 2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, and AppleIntelGMA950.kext are highlighted in red. Meaning that these are the frequent used kext right? I do have the IntelGMAX3100.kext in the folder, but this one is not highlighted at all.

Anyone know how I can resolve my problem? Can I just delete the AppleIntelGMA950.kext? How can I make the system to use the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm trying to do this as it goes, step by step, but it seems to be someting wrong :( when i wrote the root's password on sudo -s, my keyboard does'nt type anything :wacko: and there's no way to type the root pasword, i also tryed with copy and paste but nothing happens :(

some help will be accepted, sorry about my spelling but i barely can speak english.

Greeting from MEXICO. :P

my laptop is a toshiba l505-sp6934r intel core 2 duo t6600 4 gb ra, intel gma 4500, extended keyboard an the version of mac os x is 10.5.8 on distro iatkos v7

i'm trying to do this as it goes, step by step, but it seems to be someting wrong :( when i wrote the root's password on sudo -s, my keyboard does'nt type anything :wacko: and there's no way to type the root pasword, i also tryed with copy and paste but nothing happens :unsure:

some help will be accepted, sorry about my spelling but i barely can speak english.

Greeting from MEXICO. :P

my laptop is a toshiba l505-sp6934r intel core 2 duo t6600 4 gb ra, intel gma 4500, extended keyboard an the version of mac os x is 10.5.8 on distro iatkos v7

well it seem to be that i was doing something wrong, i have changed my administrator´s pasword and ran the script from the terminal and it worked! now native resolution 1366x768 it's working

thanks for this...it's awesome!

i'm trying to do this as it goes, step by step, but it seems to be someting wrong :wacko: when i wrote the root's password on sudo -s, my keyboard does'nt type anything :unsure: and there's no way to type the root pasword, i also tryed with copy and paste but nothing happens :(

Greeting from MEXICO. :wacko:

well it seem to be that i was doing something wrong, i have changed my administrator´s pasword and ran the script from the terminal and it worked! now native resolution 1366x768 it's working

thanks for this...it's awesome!

mira yusef, intenta conectar un teclado USB, lo mas probable es que no se este cargando el Kext de los dispositivos PS2/USB correctamente. espera proximamente un driver funcional para la GMA4500 porque apple ya liberó las macbook con gma5700 y de ahi se puede derivar un driver funcional.

saludos.

now in english.

You can try to get detected an USB keyboard, maybe your keyboard driver is not loading at all. please wait few days/weeks, there is a WIP of the GMA5700 driver for 4500 cards.

Hi everyone.

Just thought I would share my experience.

I have a Toshiba l300-1ft laptop with a intel GMA 4500M graphics chip.

It's running Kalyway 10.5.2 at the moment.

I tried to upgrade to 10.6 using an Atikos build, but this messed everything up for me. I had a backup with superduper so went back to 10.5.2. I had always had problems with the resolution being stuck at 1024x768 which was blurred and stretched.

Now I have managed to get 1200,x800 resolution with core image working (albeit in software rendering mode).

See screenshot.

I downloaded the file 'x4500_with_QuartzGL.zip' from kexts.com and applied it not expecting it to work, but I am really suprised and pleased. Just thought I would share that with everyone in the hope it helps.

post-557057-1271520527_thumb.jpg

I don't know whether I'm late in the game or even if it is an issue anymore.

BUT I've solved the display issue with GMA X4500MHD yesterday. I am getting the native 1600x900 display now.

I've used DSDTSE application to patch the DSDT.

I will post the step by step instructions if someone need it.

I don't know whether I'm late in the game or even if it is an issue anymore.

BUT I've solved the display issue with GMA X4500MHD yesterday. I am getting the native 1600x900 display now.

I've used DSDTSE application to patch the DSDT.

I will post the step by step instructions if someone need it.

Pathy,

Please do post step by step instructions. I have a motherboard with the same graphics chip. Would like to use the on board graphics if possible.

h50