GMA X4500

Tienneke

368 posts in this topic

Ok so i deleted the 2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and im still get the Blue Screen.... man this sucks...

maybe, but I can't help that.. Merely trying to help.. Got to continue working though. Did you also remove the FB one?

I will, thanks for all the help! Should I try a differeny distro? Heres all my specs http://www.gateway.com/product_spec.php?pr...recid=529668228

So if any ideas pop into anyones heads feel free 2 post em :blink: thnx

Well, the problem is that it's more of an issue with how a company implements its GM45 architecture, not that you have a certain hardware or stuff.. The specs tell me not so much.

I think somebody else also had that laptop in this thread, maybe try searching through all the info, maybe he found a way to fix it ;)

Well, the problem is that it's more of an issue with how a company implements its GM45 architecture, not that you have a certain hardware or stuff.. The specs tell me not so much.

I think somebody else also had that laptop in this thread, maybe try searching through all the info, maybe he found a way to fix it :blink:

k thanks I looked through and i must be blind cause all i found was http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1249103 we have same video card but I dont think this is the post you were talking about ;)

hello! i'm on snow leopard and my laptop has two video cards, the Nvidia works, and i'm trying to have the native res on the 4500MHD too, i patched the 3100 kexts but it works (native res,no qe/ci) only starting SL in Safe Mode. Using normal start i get a white screen and the laptop hang totally. can i add something to the kexts so they think to run in safe mode?

MacBook-Pro:~ hook$ kextstat |grep 3100

71 0 0x5af85000 0x17000 0x16000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100FB (6.0.2) <70 69 14 13 11 7 5 4 3 1>

on safe mode, i have only this one loaded.

Black screen on Dell Inspiron 1750

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1750:

Intel Dual-Core T4200@2.00 GHz

Memory 4GB RAM @ 800MHz

Graphics Card Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family PCI Bus (Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD)

Screen 17 "16 / 9 1600x900

Wifi Card Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card

Ethernet Card Marvell 88E8040 Yukon PCI Fast Ethernet

Sound Card IDT High Definition Audio

USB Intel ICH9, ICH9R SATA AHCI Controller

DVD Burner TSST corp DVD +-RW TS-L633C

Microsoft USB Webcam Integrated_Webcam_1.3M

ACPI power button off, Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Intel 82801 PCI Bridge

When selecting options with iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6), I have chosen (somewhat randomly):

Patches 10.5.6 Ready

. Audio> IDT

. Chipset> ICHx Fixed

. Video> Intel> Intel GMA X3100

Installation OK but 1024x768 display.

I try to follow the method (My ID card is 2a42)

At the restart when moving to the right resolution, right after the passage of gray (+ white apple) to blue, the screen turns off completely.

And I don't really understand this passage : Is it for me ?

Make sure you have the vanilla version of the kernel extensions (being AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext in / System / Library / Extensions). This only applies to people previously running kernel extensions provided by me in the other thread.

Any idea?

Don't work for me

BLUE SCREEN )) at loading, no interface

Samsung R418

Pentium Dual Core T3400

Intel GM45

GMA 4500MHD (device id 2A42)

iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8

- vanilla kernel

- ICHx Fix

- Voodoo PS\2

- GMA 3100

But work with kext from Mr. Vaught... but mouse problem - Cursor vanishes

and load without USB Mouse i have broken cursor...

UPDATE

May be I needed to try to remove AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext that worked Tienneke's patch ...

I will establish lspci by means of OSx86Tools and I will check up once again device id

Don't work for me

BLUE SCREEN ))

Samsung R418

Pentium Dual Core T3400

Intel GM45

GMA 4500MHD

iDeneb 1.6 10.5.8

- vanilla kernel

- ICHx Fix

- GMA 3100

But work with kext from Mr. Vaught... but mouse problem - Cursor vanishes

and load without USB Mouse i have broken cursor...

I think GMA4500 - normal work impossible ))

f///

Suffering from Mouse Artifact problem???

Read this topic to Solve the mouse artifact problem in Intel X4500 native Resolution.

Read this topic to Solve the mouse artifact problem in Intel X4500 native Resolution.

Thanx ))

I try

Before I solved a problem with the cursor by means of preliminary loading Win XP before loading Mac OS (through Chameleon RC2).

After loading Win XP rebooted and loaded Mac OS and the mouse normal appeared ALWAYS!!!)

And worked absolutely normal with reboot Mac OS!!

But when I the laptop power off ( completely for some time), at loading the cursor again broken, almost as on your screenshots. But sometimes the cursor at the first loading Mac OS simply disappears (more precisely it simply it is not visible), but the mouse work. It is necessary to click blindly and to reboot ))

Dodge with Win XP helped with all cases always.

Now I will try your variant of the decision, thanks!))

P.S. Sorry for my english

has there been any developments in the vertical lines recently. I am getting them on my Toshiba P300-20H and it changes the tint of colour between them if you swap to different resolution sizes... Weird!

Could this be a BIOS problem?

Hello, thanks all for the nice work on everything! Here's the parts that work for me:

HP dv5t, Intel P7350, 4GB RAM, Graphics 4500MHD, Broadcom Wifi, and Intel HD Audio. Pretty much all of the essential components are functional for what I'm doing.

I used the iAtkos 10.5.7 -> upgraded to 10.5.8 -> run the script from the first post -> reboot and got the 1280x800 resolution.

Hello !

I'm new to this forum and relatively (a week) new to hackintosh world.

I've tried this patch too and it doesn't work (blue screen). After a lot of reading (and a sleepless night) I've been able to boot back into 10.5.7 but no go as far as 1280x800 resolution.

I've tried every tricks listed in this forum including the boot modification ("graphics mode"="1280x800x32@75") etc.. Nothing works.

I'm using Chameleon 2rc3 if it's any help.

Tienneke has exactly the same machine than I (Toshiba L300- PSLB8E), and was wondering why such differences in results we get ?

If somebody has a clue, I'd be extremly thankfull. :thumbsup_anim:

Updated version

Over the last few weeks there's been a lot of advances in getting X4500 support in osX86. At the moment only framebuffer works, which means getting native resolution, no QE or CI yet, but hey, it's already great to have native resolution.

Coldequation has modded a patcher script provided by Trauma, with wich you can patch the stock AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext's to give support for X4500 graphics cards.

All you need atm is your device ID (you can find it in system profiler (/Applications/Utilities/System Profiler or about this mac --> more info) under graphics section. The device ID starts with 0x and then 4 numbers, probably 0x2A42 (for X4500MHD)

Once you know your device ID, download the script attached to this post, then follow these steps:

1. Start a terminal
  2. type sudo -s and enter your user password
  3. drag the script from the location you downloaded it from to the terminal
  4. at the end of the line, add following options: -rf *your device ID* (it should look something like /Users/username/Downloads/patchX4500.bash -rf 2A42
  5. Press enter. The command will give you some output for feedback.
  6. Once you executed the script, repair permissions using disk utility (in Applications/Utilities, click on your primary harddrive, and on the first aid tab click on repair permissions.) This might take a while, but will make sure that your driver can be loaded.
  7. Reboot and (hopefully) enjoy native resolution

Make sure you have the vanilla version of the kernel extensions (being AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext in /System/Library/Extensions). This only applies to people previously running kernel extensions provided by me in the other thread.

Please post your results in this thread, be it good results or bad results, we'll try to help you ;) . In your post please include hardware info (both laptop type/brand and video card device ID) and software info (osX version and distro)

If you don't get response here, you can (most of the time) find me or other guys willing to help you on the IRC channel #GMA_X4500 at irc.voodooprojects.org

<I>I'll update this thread every time a (more or less) stable breakthrough has been made, and everytime a new patcher script comes out.

known issues

• Cursor vanishes
    --> workaround: change the cursor size in system preferences -- mouse (till it's really huge, not so handy, but at least it works :P )
  • vertical stripes
    --> No workaround yet, looking into it atm

Last update: July 15, 2009 at 23:17 CET: New patcher script

Hey, I have a lenovo 3000 N500 (the same device id as yours 2a42). It DID work for me, but ended up with vertical stripes instead of a mouse-pointed. The problem seems to go away if you zoom the screen to a very, very small degree. But I can't keep it zoomed that way, it gets back to where it was straight away.

Laptop: LENOVO N500

Distro: iATKOS 10.5