[GUIDE]+[STUDIO] ZOTAC GEForce 9300 WIFI DDR2 and DDR3 Snow --> ML TEST 1082 sleep #795

Hugo_bee

850 posts in this topic

ok I like that better

now how do I tell if QE is on ?

NVIDIA Graphics Card:

Chipset Model:    NVIDIA Graphics Card
 Type:    GPU
 Bus:    PCI
 VRAM (Total):    512 MB
 Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:    0x086c
 Revision ID:    0x00b1
 ROM Revision:    netkas.org
 Displays:
L2210NW:
 Resolution:    1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:    Yes
 Mirror:    Off
 Online:    Yes
 Rotation:    Supported
VW42LFHDTV10A:
 Resolution:    1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Television:    Yes

This method works also for me with QE enabled on default. Is the bar on the top transparent? Select Screen savers tab and do test out a screensaver. If you see a blank screen , it means that your Graphics acceleration is not working !

This method works also for me with QE enabled on default. Is the bar on the top transparent? Select Screen savers tab and do test out a screensaver. If you see a blank screen , it means that your Graphics acceleration is not working !

Thank you !! :thumbsdown_anim: yup it works

Now if I can get my internal ethernet to work , is yours working ? , I am using a usb net to post this

it sees it and I can manually set a IP , but cannot ping gateway , it gets a link

should I worry about these ?

ash-3.2# kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension

Can't stat /System/Library/Extension - No such file or directory.

bash-3.2# kextcache -v -t -l -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

AppleACPIPCI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform.

AppleACPIPCI.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Dependency Resolution Failures:

Only incompatible kexts found for these libraries:

com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform

JMicronATA.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.

Created mkext archive /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext.

it's ok.

sorry :censored2: , miss type ! /System/Library/Extension -> /System/Library/Extensions

ehy.. not enough!

it's better to put in the flag: boot-uuid=number uuid of boot partition

i use UUID FIX kext, PlatformUUID.kext. boot-uuid=number uuid of boot partition is not necessary in com.apple.Boot.plist .

Extensions.zip file my posted include PlatformUUID.kext (32/64bit) .

bash-3.2# cat com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_32</string>

</dict>

</plist>

if you have more interest, see collection of 64bit KEXT.

Thank you !! :lol: yup it works

Now if I can get my internal ethernet to work , is yours working ? , I am using a usb net to post this

it sees it and I can manually set a IP , but cannot ping gateway , it gets a link

Sry, I havn't a idea. For me ethernet work OOB.

If I try and setup the ethernet and then reboot into my Kubuntu 9.04 I get the same response their also , so the osx driver is doing something to it , I have to power off and pull power cord to get it back

you have the wifi drivers working under snow ?

By the way, you can edit the plist of the ATY_Init kext to show the model information as being whatever you want, e.g. nVidia GeForce 9300. If I remember rightly it is just a case of adding the identifier "model" and the string variable "nVidia GeForce 9300" into the plist. Then obviously also put the rpevious version in the trash, load the new one, and trash the Extensions.mkext. Then on re-load you get a nicer read-out in the system profiler instead of just "graphics by nVidia".

For the ethernet, to be honest I never noticed it wasn't working, as I have always used my wifi. You could try a LAN fix on the DSDT perhaps? I am however, not convinced that would be easy judging by the results I got after trying out the "HPET fix" and whilst I got the code exactly as I was supposed to, and it re-compiled it with no errors, I was still not able to boot without the disabler kext (instant KP!)....though to be honest, I am really not bothered by that and won't waste any more time on that one.

What I am wasting far too much time on though is trying to use the DSDT to help with the audio (you can get rid of the HDAEnabler kext if you get it right) and getting it to work with a patched AppleHDA kext - so many variables and frequent KPs if you get things close but wrong. I will keep plugging away at that and will let you know if I succeed. To date though I still have not found any better audio solutions yet than using my USB audio - the legacy kexts are okayish, but I hate that occasional crackle and voodoohda still - even following the patching hints over on Project OSX does not work right for me.

Never mind, that is half the fun and it's great when you do have a breakthrough.

If I'm reading this thread correctly, the onboard SHARED-ram video works with osx? That's crazy because I remember reading that discrete video memory is always needed! I'd really like to buy one of these to build an HTPC so hopefully someone will confirm :huh:

PS. by working I meant with QE/CI or OpenCL if under Snow!

If I'm reading this thread correctly, the onboard SHARED-ram video works with osx? That's crazy because I remember reading that discrete video memory is always needed! I'd really like to buy one of these to build an HTPC so hopefully someone will confirm ;)

PS. by working I meant with QE/CI or OpenCL if under Snow!

Yes i can confirm this. QE/CI run, but only in 32Bit Mode under SL

what is working on my setup under S/L Retail (32bit)

power from Mini-box picoITX 150w P/S with 150w power brick (nothing to do with OSX compat..)

video with two monitors and QE/CL

Displays:
L2210NW: 
 Resolution:    1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
 Main Display:    Yes
VW42LFHDTV10A: (Vizio hdtv)
 Resolution:    1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Television:    Yes

.................. OpenCL Bench V 0.25 by mitch ...........
...... C2D 3GHz = 12 sec vs Nvidia 9600GT = 0,93 sec ......
... time results are not comparable to older version! .....

Number of OpenCL devices found: 2
OpenCL Device # 0 = GeForce 9300 / nForce 730i
Device 0 is an: GPU with max. 1500 MHz and 16 units/cores 
Now computing - please be patient....
time used:  3.858 seconds

OpenCL Device # 1 = Intel® Core™2 CPU          6420  @ 2.13GHz
Device 1 is an: CPU with max. 2133 MHz and 2 units/cores 
Now computing - please be patient....
time used: 17.477 seconds

Now checking if results are valid - please be patient....
 Validate test passed - GPU results=CPU results 

Timemachine (eSATA) "RocketFish to sata"

Airlink 101 usb 10/100 ethernet

Bluetooth ,Kensington

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID:	0x0001
 Vendor ID:	0x0a12  (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)
 Version:	31.64
 Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
 Location ID:	0x06500000
 Current Available (mA):	500
 Current Required (mA):	100

DVD drive : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7670S:playing DVD's no problem

Mythtv to my Linux backend

USB sound Turtle beach (toslink) to surround system

USB Sound Device        :

Product ID:	0x0103
 Vendor ID:	0x0d8c  (C-MEDIA ELECTRONICS INC.)
 Version:	 0.10
 Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	C-Media INC.

10.6.1 is here , software update without any problems

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)

Kernel Version: Darwin 10.0.0

Boot Volume: SnowMacOS

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: Don Carroll’s MacBook

User Name: Don Carroll (don)

Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled

64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No

Time since boot: 2 minutes

Boot with -v and then watch the screen during shutdown - it will show the processing as the system shuts down. My system hangs for 10-15 secs because clamd (part of ClamXAV antivirus) doesn't respond to SIGTERM. You may find something like that which is taking the time.

Boot with -v and then watch the screen during shutdown - it will show the processing as the system shuts down. My system hangs for 10-15 secs because clamd (part of ClamXAV antivirus) doesn't respond to SIGTERM. You may find something like that which is taking the time.

Thanks, I'll try it.

alexylee:

1) usbaquire=yes or usbbusfix=yes are 2 kind of flags to use in com.apple.coot.plist.. they help MCP79 motherboard to reset at boot the ownership of EHCI device.

2) since january in the net/forum is sailing a chess64bit modded for Leo.. I don't know now where is it.. but I think this is the solution for you

for everybody.. the dsdt tables are always the same.. I mean: If you can inject in the dsdt the video card properly.. there is no need to change dsdt to make it fit into Snow! so... except for the fixing of

Snow CMOS hack.. which is not included in my DSDT.. but the Minihack DSDT is good.

but.. BUT: please tell me the mods or what you think is really important to change.. I'll build for you anr repost in the main topic.

also important: every motherboard has it's Processor.. and is not a good idea to attach a dsdt with the C-STATE of my or your or its C-state and P-state.. but is important to inject it.. each one have to do.. it improve the system!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=181631&hl=

;) Please all try this .

I have modified the DSDT and for me it gives full graphics without any need for injector. I have tested only with DVI, so please try this with VGA and HDMI and let me know if it works for you.

I am using it with Snow Leopard 32-bit, but it should work also for 64-bit and will work for Leopard too, at least with DVI.

Please, please try and let me know if it is as good for you as it is for me!!!

To test this please remember to delete the graphics injector (NVKush, ATY_Init etc.) from S/L/E and also to trash the extensions.mkext from System/Library/Extensions (Leopard) or from System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext (Snow Leopard) to force the machine to build a new extensions.mkext when you restart.

I hope this works for all of you as it means (for me anyway) a completely "vanilla" System with my only mod.s being in the bootloader.

Works for me in 32 Bit. But no luck with 64Bit (blank screen)

Are you using VGA or DVI?

For the 64 - bit I just tried that myself. I wonder if it is some other kext from extra/extensions that is 32-bit only and causes the screen to be black by not loading. I'll take a look tomorrow.

I checked Leopard now as well as Snow and all looks good in leopard too (DVI at least).

I tried it with dvi and vga afterwards. Both with black screen in 64 Bit Mode.