[GUIDE] Installing Snow Leopard/Leopard retail DVD on the GA-E7AUM-DS2H

dlach

761 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have some good news! AsereBLN send me today the newest version of his bootloader. It is version 1.1.9 and contains adidasprice limitation patch. Have fun!

@Maharajamd

Could you please update your Zip file? :(

Here is the version history...

Bugfixes:

• First of all I fixed the stupid bug with the fixed Platform UUID.
  • Fixed a bug regarding PCI-Root-UID different than 0
  • Fixed a bug regarding the detection of the CPU
  • Fixed dozens of possible buffer overflows
  • and all the bugs I forgot to mention

New Features:

• You can build Chameleon with GUI-support without the need of an embedded theme (Never understood why this should be necessary). The Booter is a lot smaller now. Only 160 kBytes.
  • Platform UUID is taken from the BIOS (UUID from SMBIOS Table 1). You can remove PlatformUUID.kext, SMUUID from smbios.plist and also System-ID from com.apple.Boot.plist.
  • Dynamic memory parameter detecting and injecting like Frequency, Type (DDR2, DDR3), Manufactor, Partnumber, Serialnumber. You can remove all memory related stuff from smbios.plist.
  • Dynamic PCI-Root-UID detection from PCEFI 10.5
  • Duvell300's FACP Restart Fix added (from here)

Changes:

• Filenames configured in com.apple.Boot.plist (DSDT=..., SMBIOS=...) must be given with the full path. The Booter does not check automatically the Extra Folder. So if you used DSDT=mydsdt.aml and the mydsdt.aml file is in the Extra folder, then you must use now DSDT=/Extra/mydsdt.aml.
  • ATI and nVidia Video-ROM-Files must be renamed to <vendorid>_<deviceid>.rom and must be put into the Extra folder. vendorid and deviceid as 4-digit hex values without a leading 0x. For instance, a nVidia 9400 GT (55nm) has the vendorid "0x10DE" and the deviceid "0x0641", so the filename must be "10de_0641.rom". To enable nVidia VGA BIOS File Loading use: UseNvidiaROM=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist. To enable ATI VGA BIOS File Loading use: UseAtiROM=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist.

If you use the Booter without the embedded theme, then you must supply a Theme in Extra/Themes/ to have GUI support. The default theme name is "Default". You can configure the theme to be used with Theme="Name" in com.apple.Boot.plist.

Platform UUID is setup by injecting /efi/platform/system-id property. The UUID value from SMBIOS table 1 is used as system-id. If your BIOS does not provide an UUID, then you can configure the UUID with SMUUID in smbios.plist. If you set system-id=No in com.apple.Boot.plist, then the system-id is not injected into the IORegistry. Use this if you want/need to use PlatformUUID.kext or something similar.

The memory parameter detecting should work with P35/X38/X48/P45 memory controllers and the builtin memory controllers of the Core i5/i7 CPU's. Reading of memory SPD (Serial Presence Detect EEPROM) data should work on P55, ICH10® and ICH9. You must remove all memory related keys from smbios.plist (SMmemmanufacter_X, SMmempart_X, SMmemserial_X, SMmemspeed & SMmemtype).

Dynamic PCI-Root-UID should work if your DSDT defines the UID like this: Name (UID, <value>). Default PCI-Root-UID is 0. You can configure the PCI-Root-UID to be used with PCIRootUID=<value> in com.apple.Boot.plist (-pci0, -pci1, PciRoot... does not work anymore).

You should also update boot0 (with fdisk) and boot1h with (dd), because the Chameleon team fixed some bugs there.

The archive contains:

• boot - the Booter without debugs, without an embedded theme
  • boot_with_embedded_theme - the Booter without debugs and with an embedded theme
  • boot_with_debugs - the Booter with some debug messages
  • boot0 - the fist stage bootloader (goes into the MBR)
  • boot1h - the second stage bootloader (goes to the beginning of the Chameleon Booter partition)

Update Version 1.1.1:

• FACP RestartFix is enabled by default if you have an Intel CPU
  • Memory Manufactor Code Lookup for some common Vendors (OCZ, G.Skill, GeIL, Crossair, Kingston)

Update Version 1.1.2:

• Fixed a bug with Memory Manufactor Code Lookup (DDR3: ManufactorID, Parity-Bit)

Update Version 1.1.3:

• Added Patriot, Crucial, A-DATA Memory Manufactor
  • Support for 945 northbridge and ICH8, ICH7 southbridges
  • SMBus Device Enable for systems there the controller is disabled (Tip from iNDi)
  • printout a message if theme fails to load due to a missing file
  • removed a print in non verbose mode to keep the Booter quiet

Update Version 1.1.4:

• You can supply a system-id with system-id=<value> in com.apple.Boot.plist
  • You can prevent the system-id injection with system-id=No in com.apple.Boot.plist
  • system-type is now supported. Default is 1 (Desktop). Use system-type=2 in com.apple.Boot.plist if you have laptop. (Link)
  • Removed the setVideoMode(TEXT) in resume.c to make Hibernation work.
  • Support for 946GZ/PZ, Q963/Q965a and P965 northbridge memory controllers.

Update Version 1.1.6:

• Improved system-type injection. ACPI V2 FACP PM_Profile is patched to match system-type.
  • Fixed a bug with system-id injection (com.apple.Boot.plist).
  • Supported memory manufactors: Micron, Samsung, Transcend, Apacer, Kingston, PNY, MDT, Corsair, GeIL, takeMS, Buffalo, Mushkin, OCZ, A-DATA, G.SKILL, TeamElite, Patriot and Crucial.
  • Supported memory controllers: Core i5/i7 IMC, 945G/P, 955X, 945GM/PM, 945GME, 946GZ/PZ, Q963/Q965, P965, P35, X38/X48, 965GM, 965GME and P45.
  • Supported SMBus controllers: P55, ICH10, ICH9, ICH8 and ICH7.

To set system-type put a system-type= into com.apple.Boot.plist (1=Desktop, 2=Laptop enables Battery, 3=Workstation). Default system-type is 1 (Desktop).

Update Version 1.1.7:

• Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font).
  • Fixed a problem with disabled MCH MMIO on some mainboards (needed to detect dram frequency).

Update Version 1.1.8:

• Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font) for the Booter with an embedded theme.
  • Fixed an issue with memory detection for some mainboard (2 slot only mainboards).
  • Added support for PM45 northbridge memory controller.
  • Added memory manufactor lookup for: Hynix, Nanya, KingMax, Qimonda and SuperTalent.
  • Added nVidia GT240 device lookup.
  • You can now hide HFS partitions too using “Hide Partition” in com.apple.Boot.plist.
  • Made the verbose output the using nVidia/ATI ROM’s more useful.
  • Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).
  • Merged hibernation fix from Chameleon repo (46).
  • Made verbosity at early bootstage useable.
  • Bugfixes.

Update Version 1.1.9:

• Added nVidia ION device lookup.
  • Added a feature to set/override the nVidia NVCAP value using NVCAP_ key in com.apple.Boot.plist.

If you want to override the NVCAP value, you must determine the PCI DeviceID of your graphic card. For instance: my new GTX260 has the DeviceID 0×05e2. Knowing the DeviceID add this to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>NVCAP_05e2</key> 
<string>0000000000000000000000000000000000000000</string>

The NVCAP value is exactly 20 bytes long. You have to specify it using ASCII-HEX (0-9,a-f).

*Edit*

Any further information can be found from this post onward. Please check the "@all" part at the end of the post.

Hey guys,

I have some good news! AsereBLN send me today the newest version of his bootloader. It is version 1.1.9 and contains adidasprice limitation patch. Have fun!

@Maharajamd

Could you please update your Zip file? :)

Here is the version history...

The NVCAP value is exactly 20 bytes long. You have to specify it using ASCII-HEX (0-9,a-f).

e60,

This looks like the V1.1.9 version of AsereBLN's that has been around for a while. Can you verify with Asere that his generic v1.1.9 has the adidasprince patch?

If so I believe that tonyMAC has build a package for installing it HERE

PS. If any of you use that link above, be careful to get the RC4 installer based on AsereBLB V1.1.9 and not the RC5 installer.

@Maharajamd

Yes, I have tested this version and it works flawless as usual :)

@dlach

The official version has been around for a while, yes. But this release contains adidasprince patch and it's without AutoMemoryDetection, because it's not supported on our Chipset. We can use it without any isues. If you use tonymacx86's installer, witch is bases on AsereBNL's original 1.1.9 booter you will get the limitaion problems. It is not the same version I uploaded yesterday.

@all

I have some further excellent news! Eno has wirtten a new version of his nForceLan.kext and it works perfect with our board. I've testet it yesterday and guess what? Sleep works now nearly without problems and the Lan connection is not broken after resuming from it. I will ask eno when he thinks to release this verion and keep you up to date. The only known issue I have realized, is that sond is gone after resuming from sleep, but I hope we will solve this thing too. It seems that the AppleHDA.kext is having massive problems while the computer is going to sleep.

@Maharajamd

Yes, I have tested this version and it works flawless as usual :)

@dlach

The official version has been around for a while, yes. But this release contains adidasprince patch and it's without AutoMemoryDetection, because it's not supported on our Chipset. We can use it without any isues. If you use tonymacx86's installer, witch is bases on AsereBNL's original 1.1.9 booter you will get the limitaion problems. It is not the same version I uploaded yesterday.

@all

I have some further excellent news! Eno has wirtten a new version of his nForceLan.kext and it works perfect with our board. I've testet it yesterday and guess what? Sleep works now nearly without problems and the Lan connection is not broken after resuming from it. I will ask eno when he thinks to release this verion and keep you up to date. The only known issue I have realized, is that sond is gone after resuming from sleep, but I hope we will solve this thing too. It seems that the AppleHDA.kext is having massive problems while the computer is going to sleep.

e60

Great news. Can you tell me if you had any conflicts installing the new nForeLAN (did you have to remove any existing kext, and does it still install in /S/L/E or can it be in /E/E?

Also if you've installed TonyMAC's package (with only 2B), is it possible to just replace boot in / and then add your memory back?

e60

Great news. Can you tell me if you had any conflicts installing the new nForeLAN (did you have to remove any existing kext, and does it still install in /S/L/E or can it be in /E/E?

Hey dlach,

unfortunately I had not much time to test it in /E/E on yesterday, but I guess we can use it there in combination with a "modified" IONetWorlingFamily.kext. Before installing I deleted the "nvnet.kext" located in IONetWorlingFamily.kext -> Content -> Plugins and dropped nForceLan.kext into /S/L/E. Than I had to set the right permissions by using terminal. After doing so, I did a reboot and everythig was fine. I will keep you up to date if eno is ready to release this version.

Also if you've installed TonyMAC's package (with only 2B), is it possible to just replace boot in / and then add your memory back?

Oh, this is a good idea! Using this way, should be non problematic.

Hey dlach,

unfortunately I had not much time to test it in /E/E on yesterday, but I guess we can use it there in combination with a "modified" IONetWorlingFamily.kext. Before installing I deleted the "nvnet.kext" located in IONetWorlingFamily.kext -> Content -> Plugins and dropped nForceLan.kext into /S/L/E. Than I had to set the right permissions by using terminal. After doing so, I did a reboot and everythig was fine. I will keep you up to date if eno is ready to release this version.

Oh, this is a good idea! Using this way, should be non problematic.

OK, that is important to know because if it has to be installed in /S/L/E and or if in either case nvenet.kext has to be removed then it is an extra step folks will have to watch out for when applying updates or they'll get a kernel panic (i.e. you need to remove nvenet.kext after the update has finished but before clicking restart at the end of the update).

@dlach

Yesterday I tested the nForceLan.kext in /E/E combined with my modified IONetWorlingFamily.kext but unfortunately it got no effect. I also tested to drag nForceLan.kext into the plugin folder in IONetWorlingFamily.kext ... that was not my best idea. :P So if you want to use nForceLan.kext it has to be located in /S/L/E.

@Maharajamd

He, he... don't worry about nForceLan.kext. If you backup your IONetWorlingFamily.kext the proceeding is really safe.

@Maharajamd

He, he... don't worry about nForceLan.kext. If you backup your IONetWorlingFamily.kext the proceeding is really safe.

Yes but let's be clear. When the next apple SL update comes along, in order to avoid a kernel panic you have to either:

A. Remove nForceLAN and clear the extension cache before applying the update, then after rebooting reapply nForceLAN making sure you remove nvenet.kext and clear the cache again before restarting.

or

B. When the installation completes and asks you to 'click Yes to restart', you remove nvenet.kext, clear the extension cache THEN click yes.

The above is why I decided to spring for the $20 for the PCIE network card, it just works, no extra kext, messing with /S/L/E, no worries when applying the updates.

E7AUM/RC4/10.6.3/2+GB/USB-FD Installation

This is just my rewrite of dlachs, e60s, and Azeres work.

Updated: 04/19/2010 with new Azere 1.1.9 boot

Dlach: There is a better written version. The issues I had were

1) I could never boot chameleon off the hard drive, ie your original way.

2) I could not boot chameleon off the usb-fd via the auto-installer e60 just posted. (I don't think the installer was installing boot for whatever reason)

3) Once I did it this way, it wouldn't boot again. It gave me a different boot1 error. So I moved my hdd from SATA(0) to SATA(1) and it booted right up! I had read that some boards look at SATA(1) first. Random idea, but it worked for me. Why am I different? No idea. I previously had my primary hdd on SATA(0), the two raided drives on 1 and 2, and a sata bluray drive on the last one...5 I think.

And no, I never tried anything but a single boot osx on a guid.

Anyways, enjoy. Someone look over my instructions. They should be solid but who knows what a different pair of eyes can find.

I followed this guide to a Tee and no go. Tried it with 3 Flash drives.

Upgraded bios successfully to .4a.

Computer boots off USB-FD fine , shows reading GPT or something , then says switching to GUI in 3 seconds and then i'm thrown into command prompt with boot:

If i press enter i get flash on the screen " Failed to read from boot sector BIOS device 100h - Error=1 " or something like that and then it flashes quickly back to boot:.

Only other options i get is to run -v or ?. When i run -v i get the same flash and -? displays some help file. Thats it.

No HARD DRIVE or DVD drive is listed ( but they are enabled and working in BIOS )

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard from SATA DVD drive. Drive is recognized by BIOS and Snow Leopard DVD is inside.

EDIT --> FINALLY got it to work. I had to press F10 at boot: prompt to rescan my devices. But even before that, guide wasnt very clear. guide says

.....B ) If you are just now installing select the OSX Installation DVD to start the installation process.

but obviously you cant boot off DVD drive , you have to restore retail Snow Leopard DVD to harddrive or flash drive on another Mac.

So once i restored retail DVD to 8GB flash drive , i was able to install from that by pressing F10.

Two issues with this Chamelen , compared to RC3 i was using before. Audio is all messed up. Under Sound->Output i have 3 Line out, 1 Digital Out and 1 Internal Speakers out. Only Internal Speakers out works and it makes loud pops every few minutes.

But bigger downfall is that IDE drives arent working. I used to use THIS kext (link to post by wintelmac) for 6 months without any issues. I had it on my system volume under \Extra\Extensions\JMicronATA.kext. So now that i dont have any \Extra\Extensions on my system drive i copied that very same JMicronATA.kext to Volumes\Chameleon\Extra\Extensions\JMicronATA.kext but drives still dont show up. I see an error while Mac OS X is booting that com.jmicron.JMicronATA wasnt found and is not being loaded.

How could this be ? It worked before.

Hello Guys, its me again with new questions..

Now I have bought a new graphic card, an asus gts 250 1gig, I read that I have to make a DSDT patch to get hdmi working (I tried NVenabler but hdmi does not work)

1: I patched my bios before, do I simply unpatch it when I install the old bios? at startup there is still something about "cpuid patched ..." not sure about exact string, if it is still patched after installing old bios, how do I unpatch it again?

2:Has anybody of you experiences with dsdt patching my bios to get my gts 250 working? can anybody send me a dsdt file which I can patch myself? tried to extract my dsdt file and inserted graphic info, but do not get graphic support :( , 10.6.2 boots up but can not choose resolution

Some help would be great, every hint or info would be great as well :P

regards,

nik

PS:I disabled old 9400 in bios and reinstalled chameleon because of the memory hack which is not necessary anymore

If i press enter i

get flash on the screen " Failed to read from boot sector BIOS device 100h

- Error=1 " or something like that and then it flashes quickly back to

boot:.

Only

other options i get is to run -v or ?. When i run -v i get the same flash and

-? displays some help file. Thats it.

No HARD

DRIVE or DVD drive is listed ( but they are enabled and working in BIOS )

I'm

trying to install Snow Leopard from SATA DVD drive. Drive is recognized by BIOS

and Snow Leopard DVD is inside.

@wally007

I had the same issues while I was trying to install from a DVD, don’t know why. But there are some other guys that had no problems with installing from DVD. Wich drive do you use? I have a LG DVD RW.

but obviously you cant boot off DVD drive , you have to restore retail Snow Leopard

DVD to harddrive or flash drive on another Mac.

So once

i restored retail DVD to 8GB flash drive , i was able to install from that by

pressing F10.

If you’re using a Chameleon USB drive, there is no need to press F10 to boot up with the restored installation image. Chameleon will recognise it on it’s own.

Two issues with this Chamelen , compared to RC3 i was using before. Audio is all messed up. Under Sound->Output i have 3 Line out, 1 Digital Out and 1 Internal Speakers out. Only Internal Speakers out works and it makes loud pops every few minutes.

This is very curios. My Sound is having no issues. Maby you should try a differend LegacyHDA.kext. And yes, I am using internal Speaker too. :wacko:

But bigger downfall is that IDE drives arent working. I used to use THIS

kext (link to post by wintelmac) for 6 months without any issues. I had it on

my system volume under \Extra\Extensions\JMicronATA.kext. So now that i dont

have any \Extra\Extensions on my system drive i copied that very same

JMicronATA.kext to Volumes\Chameleon\Extra\Extensions\JMicronATA.kext but

drives still dont show up. I see an error while Mac OS X is booting that

com.jmicron.JMicronATA wasnt found and is not being loaded.

Have you tryed to use this kext in System/Library/Extensions? My setup is full SATA so I can't verify that.

@sasebanana

Sorry, but I unfortunately have no idea.

@wally007

I had the same issues while I was trying to install from a DVD, don’t know why. But there are some other guys that had no problems with installing from DVD. Wich drive do you use? I have a LG DVD RW.

If you’re using a Chameleon USB drive, there is no need to press F10 to boot up with the restored installation image. Chameleon will recognise it on it’s own.

This is very curios. My Sound is having no issues. Maby you should try a differend LegacyHDA.kext. And yes, I am using internal Speaker too. :lol:

Have you tryed to use this kext in System/Library/Extensions? My setup is full SATA so I can't verify that.

I've got Sony DVD drive and it didnt show up as an option to boot off of it.

My Chameleon didnt recognize it on its own. Without pressing F10, drive that had restored Snow Leopard DVD image on it didnt show up. After i pressed F10, every subsequent reboot didnt require me to press it again. Weird.

And yes , i put that kext in S/L/E as well as on Chameleon USB stick. I repaired permissions plus cleared cache extensions , tried booting with -f , nothing has helped so far. I dont know what to do anymore.

Hello Guys, its me again with new questions..

Now I have bought a new graphic card, an asus gts 250 1gig, I read that I have to make a DSDT patch to get hdmi working (I tried NVenabler but hdmi does not work)

1: I patched my bios before, do I simply unpatch it when I install the old bios? at startup there is still something about "cpuid patched ..." not sure about exact string, if it is still patched after installing old bios, how do I unpatch it again?

2:Has anybody of you experiences with dsdt patching my bios to get my gts 250 working? can anybody send me a dsdt file which I can patch myself? tried to extract my dsdt file and inserted graphic info, but do not get graphic support :D , 10.6.2 boots up but can not choose resolution

Some help would be great, every hint or info would be great as well :rolleyes:

regards,

nik

PS:I disabled old 9400 in bios and reinstalled chameleon because of the memory hack which is not necessary anymore

Hi sasebanana,

I am using a Geforce 8600GTS with this board. I got it working by using EFI-Strings. But I am still looking for a solution to get both graphic chips working (I don't need SLI, just a smooth boot without KP). I have a dual boot with Windows 7 and it's very annoying disabling the onboard chip all the time. With Leopard it was working quite well, not with Snow Leopard though.

Have a look here for how to use EFI-Strings.

Cheers

wanky

I don't get what isn't clear... Once you have booted into Chameleon via the USB-FD, insert your Retail SL DVD, choose it, away you go.

And e60, I too get a loud popping when using sound.

Well in MY case , Retail SL DVD ( DVD-Drive) did not show up as an option to boot. ( unfortunatelly )

Another problem though. My GPU shows up as

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x086a

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: xx.xx.xx - internal

You guys getting the same ?

Guest rbhack
Well in MY case , Retail SL DVD ( DVD-Drive) did not show up as an option to boot. ( unfortunatelly )

Hi everybody,

Yes, for my case, Retail SL DVD ( DVD-Drive) did not show up too.

But I have an IDE DVD player. Should the installation works with that ?

Hi everybody,

Yes, for my case, Retail SL DVD ( DVD-Drive) did not show up too.

But I have an IDE DVD player. Should the installation works with that ?

Well IDE is problematic anyway you try so it'd probably be better to restore your Retail SL DVD to SATA drive and install from there.

Hi sasebanana,

I am using a Geforce 8600GTS with this board. I got it working by using EFI-Strings. But I am still looking for a solution to get both graphic chips working (I don't need SLI, just a smooth boot without KP). I have a dual boot with Windows 7 and it's very annoying disabling the onboard chip all the time. With Leopard it was working quite well, not with Snow Leopard though.

Have a look here for how to use EFI-Strings.

Cheers

wanky

Hello,

thank you for your answer, I got dvi and vga to work with efi string(like with nvenabler and graphicsEnable yes) but not hdmi, I need hdmi because my main display has no dvi in :D, when I plug in hdmi on hdmi or hdmi via cable on dvi the display freezes or turns black after boot, I tried several NVCAP display-cfg, no chance, if anybody has any idea, pleas post ;)

I have got dual boot with windows 7 as well, do you use onboard grafik? sorry but what is KP? ;)

regards,

nik

Hello,

thank you for your answer, I got dvi and vga to work with efi string(like with nvenabler and graphicsEnable yes) but not hdmi, I need hdmi because my main display has no dvi in :( , when I plug in hdmi on hdmi or hdmi via cable on dvi the display freezes or turns black after boot, I tried several NVCAP display-cfg, no chance, if anybody has any idea, pleas post :)

I have got dual boot with windows 7 as well, do you use onboard grafik? sorry but what is KP? :)

regards,

nik

Hi,

I am using a DVI-to-HDMI cable and have never tried HDMI-to-HDMI. So I can't really help on this.

About the dual boot: I am not really using the onboard graphic. The display is connected to the GeForce 8600GTS, but through the SLI function the onboard graphic is enabled as well. Although I guess there is no real SLI working since the 8600GTS seems to be not compatible with Geforce 9400 (I have no options in the Nvidia Settings Panel). Well I think, it's more a coesmetic issue.

And as soon as I boot with onboard graphic and PCIe I get a kernel panic (KP) during boot.

I haven't had the time to build in the recent developments from the thread addressing the memory issues. Maybe it would work with it. I should try and post the results ;). Perhaps there will be some time to do so on the weekend.

Cheers

wanky

Hi,

I am using a DVI-to-HDMI cable and have never tried HDMI-to-HDMI. So I can't really help on this.

About the dual boot: I am not really using the onboard graphic. The display is connected to the GeForce 8600GTS, but through the SLI function the onboard graphic is enabled as well. Although I guess there is no real SLI working since the 8600GTS seems to be not compatible with Geforce 9400 (I have no options in the Nvidia Settings Panel). Well I think, it's more a coesmetic issue.

And as soon as I boot with onboard graphic and PCIe I get a kernel panic (KP) during boot.

I haven't had the time to build in the recent developments from the thread addressing the memory issues. Maybe it would work with it. I should try and post the results :) . Perhaps there will be some time to do so on the weekend.

Cheers

wanky

Have you tried to disable SLI in BIOS? When you do onboard graphic is disabled as well

:P,

do you use DVI-TO-HDMI in osx? if yes please post me your NVCAP, display-cfg and other information you would say are usefull :), you can get it with IO... damn I'm in windows and forgot the name of the tool, it is part of the developer sdk in developer/applications/utils i guess,... maybe you know otherwise I post the name later, would be great if you can get me these informations,

regards,

nik

Guest rbhack
Well IDE is problematic anyway you try so it'd probably be better to restore your Retail SL DVD to SATA drive and install from there.

Thank you.

Is there a way to install osx from a usb-hdd instead of the dvd retail ?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

Thank you.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Im sure its doable , just not sure if its easily accomplished with our board. There's bunch of tutorials how to install Snow Leopard from USB-HD.

i did it via internal SATA drive, so that's all i know that works 100%.

And e60, I too get a loud popping when using sound.

Yes, there is a way and it is quiet simple. *Click* You can use any type of USB-HDD or FD, but it has to have a minimum of 8 GB free space.

*Edit*

Any further information can be found from this post onwar. Please check the "@all" part at the end of the post.