Chameleon 2.0RC1 is out!

Konami®

104 posts in this topic

Just add Correct Screen resolution values in theme.plist of default theme

That actually depends on whether your VESA drivers supports the wide resolution. If you only care for the background image and not the pin wheel (and your VESA divers don't do widescreen) you can resize the image in the theme files.

this is awesome. im so very impressed.. only 1 problem with mine.

i have 2 drives. 1 with the EFI partition/OSX and 1 big HFS data drive. for some reason the boot loader is wanting to boot off the data drive which of course fails. how do i go about making my OSX partition the first boot device?

cheers!

edit: all good, just found this:

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(1,2)</string>

put that in your boot.plist file and chameleon will boot that drive first.

So there is NO way to boot Windows on a different hard drive?! Can someone explain me what does the chain0 do?

Thanks.

EDIT: What is strange is that Windows 7 boots great but not XP.

Works just fine on mine.

Windows Vista on One drive, OSx86 on the other. Installed Chameleon on the OSx drive, it automatically sees both when I hit a key to choose.

I think I might have to go back to the old version of Chameleon, meantime. I can't get Vista to boot up on my internal GUID partitioned hard drive - /Chameleon/ VISTA / OS X/ OS X - The vista icon is there, I have even repaired Vista, made the EFI/Chameleon partition active/boot again but still, every time I click on the Vista icon the laptop just reboots. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone find a workaround?

I have also tried the suggestions for changing resolution (1280 x 800) but none work for me. Most of all I want a non-squashed looking pinwheel!

Works awesome for me, no problems at all.

Ga-p35-ds3l

e6750 Core2quad 2.66ghz

iPC 10.5.6 with vanilla everything (all the vanilla options from the install, that is)

Everything wors like it did before the bootloader install, just prettier when i boot up :blink:

Anyway, i made a theme a few days ago and forgot to post it here:

http://nosmokingbandit.deviantart.com/art/Bullet-117944536

Im in the process of making more, so stay tuned.

I've tried changing the resolution to no avail as well. My themes are kept at 1024x768 though because i dont want sombodies monitor to freak out if it cant handle 1680x1050. That would be ugly for whoever installed my theme. 1024 is pretty universal, so im sticking with that for now.

Works awesome for me, no problems at all.

Ga-p35-ds3l

e6750 Core2quad 2.66ghz

iPC 10.5.6 with vanilla everything (all the vanilla options from the install, that is)

Everything wors like it did before the bootloader install, just prettier when i boot up :censored2:

Anyway, i made a theme a few days ago and forgot to post it here:

http://nosmokingbandit.deviantart.com/art/Bullet-117944536

Im in the process of making more, so stay tuned.

I've tried changing the resolution to no avail as well. My themes are kept at 1024x768 though because i dont want sombodies monitor to freak out if it cant handle 1680x1050. That would be ugly for whoever installed my theme. 1024 is pretty universal, so im sticking with that for now.

very nice theme dear........

Guest undefined

Here's a silly question, but I'm afraid nobody mentioned it before and I personally have absolutely no idea about that. How the hell do I hibernate?

okey,i'm really tempted doing this, since i have a windows XP on a second harddrive, and this looks like a beautiful (and functional) bootloader.

however, my machine is running right now quite good (except the orange drive error from the ICH9R problems i have).

i have a chameleon 1.something, and vanilla 9.6.0 installed.

my board is a GA-EP35-DS3P, is there anything that could (and probably will) go wrong?

and more important, if it goes wrong, is there a way i can fix it, without reinstalling the whole system from scratch?

okey,i'm really tempted doing this, since i have a windows XP on a second harddrive, and this looks like a beautiful (and functional) bootloader.

however, my machine is running right now quite good (except the orange drive error from the ICH9R problems i have).

i have a chameleon 1.something, and vanilla 9.6.0 installed.

my board is a GA-EP35-DS3P, is there anything that could (and probably will) go wrong?

and more important, if it goes wrong, is there a way i can fix it, without reinstalling the whole system from scratch?

I was like you before I decided to get the installer and install this, I have a GUID partition and everything work like a charm! My two HD are recognized.

Here's a silly question, but I'm afraid nobody mentioned it before and I personally have absolutely no idea about that. How the hell do I hibernate?

Download and read from paragraph 6:

http://deepsleep.free.fr/deepsleep.pdf

Read about Power States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Conf...Power_Interface

Open terminal and type man pmset

I'm sure I can't be the only one with a single internal GUID partitioned hard drive with both Vista and OSX86 on it but, unlike the previous version, I have been unable to get the two to coexist with the new version of Chameleon. I just formatted the hard drive and started over. The slow part is re-imaging Vista (it's 32 rather than 64; won't install from the installer DVD onto the unrecognized partition table, have to use a hard drive image of it instead) which takes two hours. I shouldn't grumble on that score because the Paragon image maker is free, but still! I will be back in two hours or so and report. Meantime, if anyone else has a single GUID partitioned drive with Vista (32) and OSX86 coexisting with the new version of Chameleon, can you tell me how you did it! :(

Edited:- I solved my problem. You can find my solution on the Acer (intel) thread - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77396 - first post.

Why thank you :blink:

Stick around, if all goes well im going to have another done tonight.

Saw these over on the Chameleon forum! Nice work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I have the strange issue which I can't solve by myself, so I'm asking someone to help me.

The matter is when my system (Leo 10.5.6 vanilla installation on Quad 9550, Asus P5Q3 mobo, 4 Gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+) worked with Chameleon 1.0.12 everything works just fine and I didn't have problems with sound and system stability.

Then I bought a new HDD to install the WinVista and plugged it in as a separate SATA HDD. Installed Vista on there and to make them work together I also installed Chameleon 2.0 RC1. Everything worked great until I've noticed, that when I start Skype (for example) or any other sound is played, there were strange scratches, like the sound was started to play, but with a delay and with those scratches.

Then I also noticed that my system stability became worse than it was before installing Chameleon 2.0 RC1. Some programs stopped quitting in a normal way and I needed to use Force Quit instead.

What I did. I had SisProfilerFix installed - I've deleted it. Reinstalled audio kexts for my mobo - nothing seems to work.

May be someone could help me?

Please!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, this will detect windows partition and boot it if it's boot loader is intact. It'll also detect and boot ubuntu if grub is installed to the ubuntu partition boot sector (option during install).

Hi. I've been waiting for this for a while, and it's great, but it doesn't recognize nor my Ubuntu partition which is on the same partition than Windows 7 RC, nor my bootable CDs/DVDs.

Please, help!