Let us know what you're working on!

Swad

44 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm working on a virtual flash card application. You give it sets of text that it puts on the front and back of flashcards and shows the front of a random card when you click one button, then flips it over when you click another.

its fun, but i need more knowledge on openGL to make the graphics work.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am currently working on an app to change the XML plist settings for ffscroll so changing the sensitivity and such is as easy as running my app moving some sliders and clicking ok. The gui is almost done and im still researching making it generate the plist. Im new to cocoa so syntax is getting in my way but I will get there. If anyone has a tutorial or even an example of a cocoa app to edit xml files I would love to see it.

PM me or email at compwizd2003@gmail.com

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello guys,

I'm brazilian (excuse my english still bad), 26 years old and newbie in Cocoa. I've done a series of tests and studies with ObjC and still have doubts about which database to use in my project.

I'm starting the development of a finance and administrative management software (free) for newspapers (media).

I tried with the framework BaseTen (PostgreSQL). It is interesting, but I'd like to save the data in files created by the program. Any suggestions?

Thanks 4 all.

JP

• 8 months later...
i've been working on a web browser in REALbasic... i got pretty far and then stopped for a while, then started again. Its really just for fun and to pass time. But now that im in college, i dont have a lot of time. haha.

is real basic anything like visual basic?

is real basic anything like visual basic?

Yes. But if you are using any of the .Net Framework then you will need to write your own code to replace this. Visual Basic 6 resembles it more closely. Of course it isn't identical, but there are definitely some similarities there.

iPoco

• 7 months later...

I just wanted to let you guy's know im working on a Parallels Desktop 6 Modded Installer. I dont know how many of you guy's know that when installing it on a OSX86 hackintosh sometimes it gets a problem with the system requirement (like the cpu)

So with the modded installer you dont worry about nothing. Before you could just delete or edit some stuff on previous version like 3 and 4 but on 6 you cant. I was looking for a way on google and on forums and I only found the solution for previous version. I have been since 11:30pm to 5:00am working on it and almost done. :)

Features:

You can run the installer on any Mac OS X it.....

Doesn't matter what CPU you have

Doesn't have to be root volume

Doesn't matter how much RAM you have

Doesn't matter what version of Mac OS X you have

No need to rester after installation

Note:

This mod let you install without passing the system requirements but that doesn't mean the program will work perfectly for your system.

I have install it on my Inspiron 1525 running snow leopard 10.6.5 and it works perfectly! :D

Will be out soon.

Support by donating to my paypal:

cangri.2227@hotmail.com

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey!

So, I saw this, and I feel like sharing this. I am working on quite a big project since a year now - the drag0n installer, short: d0.

d0 is a PHP-CLI based programm to manage and install software....yah i know, sounds similar. But which package manager could install mods for games like Minecraft - natively? :) It also brings a GUI interface and can be commanded thru an URI scheme which is close to the CLI interface - though the URI one needs user-verification since we dont want people to install malware into our systems.

Since d0 is based on PHP, JavaScript, NodeJS, AppleScript and a little bit of bash, it is completely open-source.

I am planning on a web-service which currently goes by the codename "ph03nix" which will give developers a web-access to create their own repositories for d0.

Benefits in d0:

- Everyone can upload their packages.

- The system knows so-called "Trusted Resources" which can be added by a name instead of a full URL. Like, if there was a dev-team called BugNutz and they registered a trusted resource by the name "bugnutz", then a user will not need to type in a long URL and instead can just type in a simple name and is good to go. Untrusted resources will be highlighted if they arent found in a database of the software.

- The same as above can be archived for packages.

- It supports every *NIX platform, and will be ported to Windows once it works. Because of its rather minimal requirement, it may be ported to handhelts. The extraction-process of a package and the configuration files are fully parsed by PHP. The only thing which is not PHP, is the way the GUI is created - in a web-interface. To spawn such, we use appJS. But within the browser, we have PHP running with Yii 1.1.11 :3

- It does not modify any system files during installation and can be drag-and-drop installed.

- Developers can declare pre and post scritps for install, update, remove and reinstall.

- d0 supports source-code installations with its pre and post scripts. The source will be saved somewhere, where the user may have access to.

- d0 will install its packages into the system default locations - no stupid PATH editing. It will just fit right within to avoid having the same library seven times on the system, each located to a different PKmanager.

- Allows to be controlled via GUI, CLI and URI (d0:-scheme)

- Own package-format which manages to shrink 90MB to 50MB...so it has a good compression.

- Installation is also possible from other files. Developers can extend Drag0nPackage in PHP and add their own types - like DebianPackage? :)

- Completely open-source and no obfuscation. ^_^

- Runs on technically every version of PHP 5.x - but once I decide to namespace it, it will only work with php 5.3+

- Does not require any additional thing. But if you want to install a source-code, d0 will tell you to download neccessary things first.

- Finds and lists already installed things, like the native OS, so packages can be OS-dependent.

- Dependency check. Allows to recrusively install all dependencies.

Once I have finished editing some files I might upload the current version. The one on GitHub is absolutely {censored}, and is only ment to give a basic idea on how it may look like behind the scenes. Suggestions, and help, is welcome. Email me at ingwie2000@googlemail.com because this forum refuses to send me emails x)

• 1 month later...

@JCC Unfortunately, Mac already has this dating back to Lion :( Here's a post I just tracked down for you to ogle: http://appleinsider.com/articles/11/03/31/mac_os_x_10_7_lion_to_introduce_multi_user_screen_sharing

Myself and my employees use it a lot on our test development (Mavericks) server. It's not as flexible as we'd like it to be, but none the less it comes part and parches of the package.. If you could get something more flexible on the go, you'd be a LEGEND amongst Mac administrators!

@everyone else, I'm currently working on a git SCM issue plugin for Xcode 5. it won't be a regular plugin as apple have hidden the API's and it's against my NDA to even touch them, so I'm working on a fine mix of Applescript, SH Scripting and a libgit2 fork which filters through source-changes to find '//TODO:' or 'ISSUE: xx' (where xx) is a float (i.e. 10.0 10.3 etc...), adds them to a database (As well as to an 'ISSUELOG.md' before finishing the PUT. The way I plan to implement it for 'easy access' is one of two ways. 1) Via Services, i.e. Xcode (menu) -> Services (which personally I don't like) or via the Help with 'Help (menu) --> Isssue Manager'. When I get the core of it working here, I'll up something to GitHub and let your know :)

Cheers,

AdriHD

• 1 year later...
Hi everyone,

I have been searching high and low through various mac forums and have been somewhat unsuccessful in reaching my goal. What I'm trying to achieve is have an automated process on my iMac (Mid 2010 - Core i3 - 16Gig RAM - Mavericks 10.9.5) which will change the folder icon with a file called folder.JPG located in a movie folder. This process is to also be looped, meaning to scan all sub-folders and if a folder.JPG is present to use it for that same named corresponding folder. All files and folders in question located on a ReadyNas Duo V2 with guest access and full R W X permissions.
Screen+Shot+2014-12-05+at+7.25.49+am.png

From the above screenshot, you see what I'm trying to achieve. For now I have got a couple scripts (found online) which allow me to retrieve movie.xml and Cover information online and save these in their respective folders. Now that Covers are downloaded as JPG files named as the movie folder. I would hope that there is automated process which can assist at changing multiple folder icons.

Script Below
tell application "FastIcns"

activate

end tell

tell application "Finder"

open file "folder.jpg" using (path to application "FastIcns")

end tell

delay 1

tell application "Preview"

tell application "System Events"

keystroke "a" usingcommand down-- select all

keystroke "c" usingcommand down-- copy

keystroke "w" usingcommand down-- close window

end tell

end tell

delay 1

tell application "Finder"

activate

keystroke "i" usingcommand down-- open info

-- set focus on icon image

tell process "Finder"

set img to (image 1 of scroll area 1 of front window)

set focused of img to true

tell application "Preview"

end tell

delay 1

end tell

keystroke "v" usingcommand down-- insert image

keystroke "w" usingcommand down-- close window

end tell

end tell

end tell

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I'm very new to the apple scripting world and have very limited knowledge. What I hope to accomplish with this is to have a  script which acts as a movie manager which is integrated in Finder and not use a third party app.

Thank you in advance. Have a great day all 

Dud3m@n