[How To] Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7)

M J

925 posts in this topic

@crypto: will change the guide as you suggest in the next days, thanks!

UPDATE:

I got the crash again even if my Wireless PCI card not enabled... this time i was using Logic Studio when i got the panic kernel.

Please is there someone who can help me ? When i Disable the cores and HT it didn't happen

i also had frequent kp with a dlink driver, search for an alternative one, non proprietary. as for this one, are you sure it's the same as before? post screenshots!!

@aibear: i'm really glad you made it! the big part is done!

@everybody: is there anybody who doesn't have problems with USB hotplugging, or am i the only one to have it fully working? this is an issue that has to be solved.

this weekend i will also test the new audio kext, seems promising! let us know if any of you tries it first!

i also had frequent kp with a dlink driver, search for an alternative one, non proprietary. as for this one, are you sure it's the same as before? post screenshots!!

@everybody: is there anybody who doesn't have problems with USB hotplugging, or am i the only one to have it fully working? this is an issue that has to be solved.

this weekend i will also test the new audio kext, seems promising! let us know if any of you tries it first!

The USB hot-plugging issue was a issue I had to deal with, as well.

Since you are running 10.5.6 with Voodoo 9.5, there's a mismatch. I've been told to use the older (10.5.5) System.kext to solve that issue if you are on Voodoo 9.5. I think it's in the documentation.

I didn't go that route, but upgraded to Andy's Voodoo-based 9.6 kernel a month or so ago and all's well. You ought to try it.

regards,

MAJ

The USB hot-plugging issue was a issue I had to deal with, as well.

Since you are running 10.5.6 with Voodoo 9.5, there's a mismatch. I've been told to use the older (10.5.5) System.kext to solve that issue if you are on Voodoo 9.5. I think it's in the documentation.

I upgraded to Andy's Voodoo-based 9.6 kernel a month or so ago and all's well. You ought to try it.

regards,

MAJ

In fact, I provided a 10.5.5 System.kext in the EFI pack... at least I think so... maybe it doesn't get loaded because in s/l/e/ there is a newer System.kext?

For those who have this problem, try to backup and delete the existing System.kext in s/l/e and reboot.

I have P6T Deluxe and well 1366 ..so i7 CPU and before I even read this tutorial I'd like to say thank you to person who start this one. I've been trying to install Mac OSX for many MANY days now and hopefully with this tutorial I'll be able to do so. So thank you. !!!

Congrats!

The main reason I asked about the CMOS clear was because I had previously run into some bizarre instability (in Windows 7) that I finally traced to a corrupted CMOS (diagnosed by clearing it and restoring the same settings :( ). I had always thought that "load defaults" was equivalent to "clear CMOS then load defaults", but I was wrong: corruption can linger.

My final issue was getting Time Machine to work. It always complained that the network interface was not detected. I tried a few things; I think the one that finally fixed it was adding the ethernet controller to the boot.plist using EFIStudio. I found the instructions on this site by searching for the exact error message.

Thank you! And sorry for replying so late, had a somewhat unpleasant and busy weekend. Although I'm still not sure whether it was a BIOS problem, as I did change some bootsettings - like instead of making my windows disk on S-ATA1 "invisible" on AHCI to boot from the OS X disk on S-ATA3, I just changed the boot order in that setup - might have to do with it as well, haven't had time to find out yet. I had no need for TimeMachine yet, so I might still encounter that problem in the future..

Ah, and as with many: USB works when I have a device plugged in during boot, which for now is fine for me.

quick info for the people that are stuck with "still waiting for root device" before installing: make sure your Optical and Hard Drive are plugged into SATA Port 1 & 2 (thats the port-stack closest to the RAM on my P6T-D V2).

I got these errors for the longest time because my drives were plugged into 3 & 4.

Not sure I agree, as the disk I installed to is on S-ATA3, and the optical drive I installed it from is on S-ATA5.. Did you have any other devices connected to ports 1 and 2 and that time?

So glad it's finally working for you!

If you happen to still have the hand-edited dstd and original dstd file, I'd like to check it out. 200 bytes is 200 characters - a lot! (if it's just plain text and not UTF-8). I got a text editor that can compare and highlight the differences. However, if you don't want to fool with it because you got a working system finally, I understand!

best regards,

MAJ

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem :) After all, I shouldn't need to actually temper with my system. You can expect more on this soon!

Basic question here, If I don't concern myself with Apple Updates could I just install Ideneb 10.5.5 and patch the DSDT to enable the 4 cores? Would I have a fully functioning system? Thanks.
Hey William; bad news: as far as I've been able to play around with it - as it was the first distro I got working on my machine - I wasn't able to get DSDT patches running with it. The problem is probably rooted in the bootloader iDeneb uses, which doesn't seem to support it.. Sorry. Try iAtkos, if I remember correctly, it gives you the option to choose the bootloader from EFI v9 and Chameleon 11, which both support it.

I'm now *quite* happy about the behaviour of the system, as long as I don't ask too much from it :huh: As long as the graphics are not fully supported (10.5.7, or at least I hope so), I'll just have to postpone the games, haha :D

Again, many, many thanks to everyone contributing to this thread! It makes life so much easier if you can exchange ideas - if I can call this exchanging, as I can't help as much as most people here..

"Hotplugging" on USB/Firewire drives working without any problems. Not sure if it makes a difference if im using the standard P6T(non deluxe)

C. [boot your Leopard DVD]

Entering this code:rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk[n]s3 be able to read the DVD but the installer does not start.

Help

Core i7 2,66

GA-EX58-UD4P

3X2 GB 1333

ATI ASUS EAH4570

NEC DVD

Greetings

IMG.jpg

Make sure the hard drive you intend to use is plugged into sata1 on the motherboard.

C. [boot your Leopard DVD]

Entering this code:rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk[n]s3 be able to read the DVD but the installer does not start.

Help

Core i7 2,66

GA-EX58-UD4P

3X2 GB 1333

ATI ASUS EAH4570

NEC DVD

Greetings

IMG.jpg

In fact, I provided a 10.5.5 System.kext in the EFI pack... at least I think so... maybe it doesn't get loaded because in s/l/e/ there is a newer System.kext?

For those who have this problem, try to backup and delete the existing System.kext in s/l/e and reboot.

Well, that was fun.. The only thing it did was b0rk my system :) It keeps hanging at boot, not even a root device failure but a network stack error.. (exact error: "No network stack object") - or at least, that's something I see lots of..

What I now did is replace the 9.6.0 System.kext with the one provided in the EFI pack (9.5.0) on the disk itself, which alas did not work either.

Although it looked like it doesn't load the System.kext from the EFI partition at first, I'm starting to hesitate about what's happening now..

If it's not loading from the EFI: why not?

If it's not compatible with the 10.5.5 version, again: why not? (though it's supposed to work)

I want to try putting back the 10.5.6 kext, but I *really* have to go sleep now :P

Just to be sure: when putting a kext into the Extensions folder, what else do you have to do except repair permissions?

Well, that was fun.. The only thing it did was b0rk my system :( It keeps hanging at boot, not even a root device failure but a network stack error.. (exact error: "No network stack object") - or at least, that's something I see lots of..

What I now did is replace the 9.6.0 System.kext with the one provided in the EFI pack (9.5.0) on the disk itself, which alas did not work either.

Although it looked like it doesn't load the System.kext from the EFI partition at first, I'm starting to hesitate about what's happening now..

If it's not loading from the EFI: why not?

If it's not compatible with the 10.5.5 version, again: why not? (though it's supposed to work)

I want to try putting back the 10.5.6 kext, but I *really* have to go sleep now :D

Just to be sure: when putting a kext into the Extensions folder, what else do you have to do except repair permissions?

Might try deleting the mkext file, too, just to be sure.

Also, if you happen to be using wolfienuke's script, don't use the "Increase version numbers" option. That converts all plists to binary and, apparently, some plists are expected to be in XML format, not binary, at boot.

I find the EFI partition setup really fragile. Unlike the standard boot-132 setup, if I mess with it, getting it back to running shape is a real hassle. Haven't figured out what the deal is with that. There seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle we're overlooking here.

With the standard boot-132, I can tamper with it to my hearts content and if I goof somewhere, it's just a matter of undoing what I did or rerun post-patch, or something simple, and I'm back in the game.

regards,

MAJ

I have a 10.5.6 retail disc. I use boot 132 (several flavors) and after switching out to the retail disk I type:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f -x rd=disk1s3

I have to use safe mode until I can install the working kext for my Radeon HD4870 otherwise I get the beach ball of death.

It gets to the installer screen and as soon as I open the disk utility it hard freezes.

I'm way lost and about to throw a desktop out a window.

I've tried iPC 10.5.6, iDeneb 10.5.6, and XxX 10.5.6. All of them hard freeze after installation.

Any ideas?

Hmm, I can’t get "Security -> Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" to work.

Is it just me or is it a general flaw with the installation? I suspect that the voodoo kernel is causing it, not 100% sure though. :)

If so... that might get fixed when we can use the vanilla kernel in 10.5.7… (i read it will include support for Core i7 processors so we should no longer need the voodoo kernel, right?)

I have a 10.5.6 retail disc. I use boot 132 (several flavors) and after switching out to the retail disk I type:

I have to use safe mode until I can install the working kext for my Radeon HD4870 otherwise I get the beach ball of death.

It gets to the installer screen and as soon as I open the disk utility it hard freezes.

I've tried iPC 10.5.6, iDeneb 10.5.6, and XxX 10.5.6. All of them hard freeze after installation.

Any ideas?

Could you perhaps specify your specs? That would make helping a *lot* easier...

Hmm, I can’t get "Security -> Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" to work.

Is it just me or is it a general flaw with the installation? I suspect that the voodoo kernel is causing it, not 100% sure though. :(

If so... that might get fixed when we can use the vanilla kernel in 10.5.7… (i read it will include support for Core i7 processors so we should no longer need the voodoo kernel, right?)

The idea is indeed that with the new PowerMacs running on Nehalem architecture cpu's (Xeon 5500's), our 'simple' i7's should be fully supported. As far as I'm informed, the current PowerMacs run on an updated version of 10.5.6 even, which has both Nehalem and 4870 support already.. We just have to wait for 10.5.7 to come out now.. :P

Might try deleting the mkext file, too, just to be sure.

Also, if you happen to be using wolfienuke's script, don't use the "Increase version numbers" option. That converts all plists to binary and, apparently, some plists are expected to be in XML format, not binary, at boot.

I find the EFI partition setup really fragile. Unlike the standard boot-132 setup, if I mess with it, getting it back to running shape is a real hassle. Haven't figured out what the deal is with that. There seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle we're overlooking here.

With the standard boot-132, I can tamper with it to my hearts content and if I goof somewhere, it's just a matter of undoing what I did or rerun post-patch, or something simple, and I'm back in the game.

regards,

MAJ

Hmm.. Rebuilt the mkext (before and after deleting it), tried replacing with original System.kext.. still no go (hangs at boot, last error I get is "mDNSResponder[16]: Failed to get NAT port mapping xxxxxxxx from router *snip* error 0"; but there's some activity afterwards with no onscreen logging).

Booting from 132 disc brings me back to the 'good old' Root Device problem.. (*whyyyy?*)

Although the most annoying part remains: sometimes, other errors will occur, without me having changed anything. And I just can't fathom why that happens...

Point is also: I didn't change anything on the EFI partition, just removed the System.kext from the boot disk, as M J had suggested.. (and now I'm apparently too n00b to replace it correctly.. haha)

*edit*

After trying several times (and encountering a multitude of errors, of which I'm still not sure what the nature was), I was able to boot onto my usb disk again to replace the System.kext with the vanilla one again. After that, booting into an install disk (the trusted iDeneb v1.3 in this case) made it possible to re-re-re-re-repair permissions on my install (I really had done it a couple of times before) and the system finally booted up again - in safe mode after an mkext rebuild. In other words: I'm back where I'm started, meaning having troubles with usb drives, but at least my system's back up :)

I guess I'll now try the modded 9.6.0 Voodoo kernel, see if I can get that to work ;)

Good luck everyone!

Greetings,

AiBear

Could you perhaps specify your specs? That would make helping a *lot* easier...

The idea is indeed that with the new PowerMacs running on Nehalem architecture cpu's (Xeon 5500's), our 'simple' i7's should be fully supported. As far as I'm informed, the current PowerMacs run on an updated version of 10.5.6 even, which has both Nehalem and 4870 support already.. We just have to wait for 10.5.7 to come out now.. :(

Any ideas?

I certainly can! (embarrassed because I know better)

I have 2.66Ghz i7

P6T Deluxe

6GB Triple Channel DDR3 1066Mhz RAM (3x 2GB DIMMS)

320GB SATA HDD

SATA DVD-RW

Diamond ATI Radeon HD4870 w/ 512MB GDDR5

Mac OSX 10.5.6 Retail

My monitor is a 32in Toshiba LCD HDTV connected by both a DVI-HDMI and a DVI-VGA to the PC input (never connected at the same time and always using the port closest to the motherboard)

The end goal is to have all three HDDs connected and have a multiboot system like I have done successfuly with my Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701.

500GB SATA HDD1: Windows Server 2008 Datacenter installation (only 1 partition)

320GB SATA HDD2: Mac OSX 10.5.6 and openSUSE linux (on separate partitions)

1TB SATA HDD3: Windows 7 Beta and excess storage (two partitions)

For installation purposes I've only been connecting the 320GB HDD to the SATA 2 and the DVD-RW to the SATA 1 (only way I could get past "waiting for root device"

It'll get to the intelcpu power something or other "timed out" and sit for like 10 minutes before going to the beach ball.

When I leave out the "-x" boot flag it hard locks immediately and when I add the "-x" safe mode flag it still freezes, but takes a little longer to do so. I used to think the freezing had something to do with it accessing hard drives, but letting the installer start and going to bed revealed it will also freeze at the language prompt as well.

I've been using various boot-132 isos. I'll boot with them wait for the prompt, hit F8 and then ESC, switch out to the 10.5.6 retail disk, wait 10-20sec, hit enter and then I add the following:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk1s3 (results in immediate beach ball freeze as soon as installer loads)

I've also tried:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f -x rd=disk1s3 (lets the installer at least load for a min before it freezes)

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f -x rd=disk1s3 cpus=1 debug=0x100 (secretly hoping that the debug flag would cause the installer to reveal it's reasons for God hating me with a cpus flag as a shot at desperation)

I've modded my bios exactly as MJ has instructed.

I hope this is enough information!

I certainly can! (embarrassed because I know better)

I have 2.66Ghz i7

P6T Deluxe

6GB Triple Channel DDR3 1066Mhz RAM (3x 2GB DIMMS)

320GB SATA HDD

SATA DVD-RW

Diamond ATI Radeon HD4870 w/ 512MB GDDR5

Mac OSX 10.5.6 Retail

My monitor is a 32in Toshiba LCD HDTV connected by both a DVI-HDMI and a DVI-VGA to the PC input (never connected at the same time and always using the port closest to the motherboard)

The end goal is to have all three HDDs connected and have a multiboot system like I have done successfuly with my Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701.

500GB SATA HDD1: Windows Server 2008 Datacenter installation (only 1 partition)

320GB SATA HDD2: Mac OSX 10.5.6 and openSUSE linux (on separate partitions)

1TB SATA HDD3: Windows 7 Beta and excess storage (two partitions)

For installation purposes I've only been connecting the 320GB HDD to the SATA 2 and the DVD-RW to the SATA 1 (only way I could get past "waiting for root device"

It'll get to the intelcpu power something or other "timed out" and sit for like 10 minutes before going to the beach ball.

When I leave out the "-x" boot flag it hard locks immediately and when I add the "-x" safe mode flag it still freezes, but takes a little longer to do so. I used to think the freezing had something to do with it accessing hard drives, but letting the installer start and going to bed revealed it will also freeze at the language prompt as well.

I've been using various boot-132 isos. I'll boot with them wait for the prompt, hit F8 and then ESC, switch out to the 10.5.6 retail disk, wait 10-20sec, hit enter and then I add the following:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f rd=disk1s3 (results in immediate beach ball freeze as soon as installer loads)

I've also tried:

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f -x rd=disk1s3 (lets the installer at least load for a min before it freezes)

rd(0,1)/mach_kernel.voodoo busratio=20 -v -f -x rd=disk1s3 cpus=1 debug=0x100 (secretly hoping that the debug flag would cause the installer to reveal it's reasons for God hating me with a cpus flag as a shot at desperation)

I've modded my bios exactly as MJ has instructed.

I hope this is enough information!

I think it would be more helpful, if you possiibly can, to get a photo of your on-screen log. Lots of times, the message the log stops on is not necessarily the culprit, but some things that came before. It'll give us a good picture, pardon the pun, of what's happening.

The intelcpu power message you mention should visible and that kext should be blacklisted by the kernel. In other words, skipped over. If it isn't, it will certainly cause issues.

If you can get us a photo, that will be so much more helpful.

EDIT: What we'll try to do is determine if the Voodoo kernel is really loading from the EFI partition, if the kexts from that partition are loading, and what exactly is failing.

regards,

MAJ

<snip>

I guess I'll now try the modded 9.6.0 Voodoo kernel, see if I can get that to work :)

Good luck everyone!

Greetings,

AiBear

Good thing you know your way around. There are quite a few that would probably have been stuck for days, if not weeks, in your situation. ;)

Good luck!

I think you'll be happy with that update, it sure fixed my hot-plugging issue.

regards,

MAJ

I think it would be more helpful, if you possiibly can, to get a photo of your on-screen log. Lots of times, the message the log stops on is not necessarily the culprit, but some things that came before. It'll give us a good picture, pardon the pun, of what's happening.

The intelcpu power message you mention should visible and that kext should be blacklisted by the kernel. In other words, skipped over. If it isn't, it will certainly cause issues.

If you can get us a photo, that will be so much more helpful.

EDIT: What we'll try to do is determine if the Voodoo kernel is really loading from the EFI partition, if the kexts from that partition are loading, and what exactly is failing.

regards,

MAJ

Good thing you know your way around. There are quite a few that would probably have been stuck for days, if not weeks, in your situation. :)

Good luck!

I think you'll be happy with that update, it sure fixed my hot-plugging issue.

regards,

MAJ

Here are my screenshots:

P1010714resized.jpg

P1010722resized.jpg

Here are my screenshots:

<SNIP>

Well, Voodoo kernel is loading and it's loading some kexts that are obviously on the ISO, but that's it. It doesn't appear to know what to do next. Is it supposed to be loading the OS X installer DVD or OS X on a HD? It doesn't appear to be able to find it.

The rd=disk1s3 you have mentioned, is it the hard drive with OS X? Have you tried changing the disk number to disk0s3 or disk2s3?

I don't like using the disk numbers, because they change, depending on which drives are ready at boot time (in that order) and what drives are actually available at boot. If you add one, like a CD/DVD, all those numbers change.

Ideally, get the UUID of the HD you want to boot from. Disk Utility/Info of partition. Then put "boot-uuid=HEX-NUMBER-OF-UUID" without the quotes at the boot prompt or in the boot.plist of the boot CD as a kernel flag. It'll find it that way every time, whether other drives are added or removed.

best of wishes,

MAJ

Well, Voodoo kernel is loading and it's loading some kexts that are obviously on the ISO, but that's it. It doesn't appear to know what to do next. Is it supposed to be loading the OS X installer DVD or OS X on a HD? It doesn't appear to be able to find it.

The rd=disk1s3 you have mentioned, is it the hard drive with OS X? Have you tried changing the disk number to disk0s3 or disk2s3?

I don't like using the disk numbers, because they change, depending on which drives are ready at boot time (in that order) and what drives are actually available at boot. If you add one, like a CD/DVD, all those numbers change.

Ideally, get the UUID of the HD you want to boot from. Disk Utility/Info of partition. Then put "boot-uuid=HEX-NUMBER-OF-UUID" without the quotes at the boot prompt or in the boot.plist of the boot CD as a kernel flag. It'll find it that way every time, whether other drives are added or removed.

best of wishes,

MAJ

It eventually gets past the intel cpu business and goes the installer. It takes like 15min, but it gets there. I'm using a retail 10.5.6 DVD

The installer opens to the grey screen with a frozen beach ball and then the grey goes to the galaxy background, but beach ball is still frozen.

If I add the -x flag it'll show me the language prompt, but freeze shortly after

I have a question !

Addition to this very informative tutorial is there anyway someone can create a youtube video cause I don't know let's say for me it's much better to kinda see and hear what other people doing that on video. I am sure for must people this is more than enough but I really REALLY like to get it to work.

Thank you !

Hi,

During installation im stuck (Step C.4. Install Leopard) with

"Error Fire Wire..."

"still waiting for root device"

etc.

using OSX Leopard 10.5.6 Backup DVD

i also tried rd=disk1s2 instead rd=disk1s3 as mentioned above for Backup DVD. But same result.

my System

Asus p6t / core i7 920

Liteon Sata DVD

Geforce 8800 GT

HDD Samsung F1 (other HDD detached)

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this site, I hoped it would be with a hackintosh i7 but at the mo but all i have is 'Still waiting for root device' at stage C .....I've waited along while before trying again....... Do i keep waiting or does something need changing? I've used an original Os X disc as well as a Backup adjusting [1]s3 with different combinations.....

Here's a list of my hardware guys

Asus P6T Deluxe

i7 920 @ stock speeds

3 x 2 GB Corsair Ram

1 x GTX 260

1 x Hitachi WD Cavlar Green (only as a test HD) Sata Port 1

1 x Seagate (Not Used) Sata cable plugged the board but not the drive

1 x LG (DVD) Sata Port 5

post-400589-1238240773_thumb.jpg

Hardware:

i7 920

6GB DDR3-1333

new SATA HDD

SATA DVD

8400GS/4870 512 (tried with both, same error at same point)

What I am doing:

Trying to install boot 132/retail DVD, of course.

I boot off the slimbuild ISO in the OP, it seems normal, I then press F8, insert a retail 10.5.1 DVD, type in the string he provides. The normal error comes up complaining about the CPU multipler being 0. Press 'y' to continue.

The drive spins, files start loading, etc.

About 45 minutes later I hit the following error. I still have not seen a normal Mac install GUI, this is still before I even choose an installation language and HDD.

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x004358F3):"Unable to find driver for this playform: \"ACPI\".\n "@voodookernel/xnu-12287/ibkit/kernel/IOPlatformExper.cpp :1411

After this point the install is stopped. Keyboard commands have no effect.

Help? Thanks!

Hi,

During installation im stuck (Step C.4. Install Leopard) with

"Error Fire Wire..."

etc.

using OSX Leopard 10.5.6 Backup DVD

i also tried rd=disk1s2 instead rd=disk1s3 as mentioned above for Backup DVD. But same result.

my System

Asus p6t / core i7 920

Liteon Sata DVD

Geforce 8800 GT

HDD Samsung F1 (other HDD detached)

With other chipsets you can not use a backup DVD, you need to use a retail DVD. I doubt an i7 install would be different.

quick info for the people that are stuck with "still waiting for root device" before installing: make sure your Optical and Hard Drive are plugged into SATA Port 1 & 2 (thats the port-stack closest to the RAM on my P6T-D V2).

I got these errors for the longest time because my drives were plugged into 3 & 4.

I have the P6T-D V2 as well but am stuck on C.3 with the "Still waiting for root device" message. I have my bios settings set according to B.

I have a samsung sata dvd and velociraptor sata hd. I have tried them on SATA ports 1 & 2, 1 & 6, 2 & 6 but no luck. I have tried multiple rd=diskXsY combinations using disk1s3, disk1s2, disk1s1, disk0s2, disk0s3. None have been successful. I have also tried putting in the boot-uuid with no luck. I am using a retail 10.5.6 retail DVD.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I switched my DVD to SATA port 1 and HDD to SATA port 2 and for some reason this made everything work using disk1s3... installing now

System:

P6T-D V2

i7 920

9800GTX+

SATA - 300 gig Velociraptor WD Hard Drive

SATA - Samsung 20x DVD Burner