[How To] Install Leopard Retail DVD on ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 (core i7)

M J

925 posts in this topic

Well, that took care of the constant reboot! Thanks! Unfortunately, now it just freezes at the grey screen with the apple!
apw: please boot with the -v (verbose) flag as well, so you can see what the system does at the moment it hangs.

Greetings,

AiBear

Here is a link to the screen shot in "-v" mode where the boot stops.

iDeneb boot fail

By the way, I have a regular P6T, not the Deluxe.

Heheh... If you ask whether you can have all cores working under iDeneb, why are they switched on in the first place?

It looks like you left all cores and HT on - turn them off, run the DSDT patcher, install the custom DSDT.aml and *then* turn them back on. (for info on doing the patch, refer to the first post in this thread, among others).

Happy hackintoshing!

AiBear

Heheh... If you ask whether you can have all cores working under iDeneb, why are they switched on in the first place?

It looks like you left all cores and HT on - turn them off, run the DSDT patcher, install the custom DSDT.aml and *then* turn them back on. (for info on doing the patch, refer to the first post in this thread, among others).

Happy hackintoshing!

AiBear

Earlier I tried just using 1 core, but it didnt work(i forgot to disable HyperThreading). Thanks to you, the boot process goes much farther, but it eventually stops.

The first attempt, it just stopped at this screen and wouldn't go any further, so I restarted the pc.

The next time, it stopped at a different place, but I let it sit this time. After a little while, my my video output stopped. I had to restart the pc again.

Earlier I tried just using 1 core, but it didnt work(i forgot to disable HyperThreading). Thanks to you, the boot process goes much farther, but it eventually stops.

The first attempt, it just stopped at this screen and wouldn't go any further, so I restarted the pc.

The next time, it stopped at a different place, but I let it sit this time. After a little while, my my video output stopped. I had to restart the pc again.

A widely known problem by now on our boards is that the system takes some time to react while booting, between 7 and 10, sometimes up to 15 minutes. If waiting won't work, try booting with the -x and -F flags - safe boot and rebuild mkext flags respectively, if I'm not mistaken, although the -x should have big impact and should be the one to use on your first try.

Good luck!

AiBear

HI all, I'm going to try this installation in the next days, with my P6T Deluxe.

I just don't understand wich version of osx leopard retail disk you guys have used.

It's 10.5.6 just fine? non need to update...

Or i have to go to earlier version of the retail dvd, (10.5.0-10.5.4) as many of your posts says?

Or is this just not a problem? every retail disk works fine?

Thank you all.

HI all, I'm going to try this installation in the next days, with my P6T Deluxe.

I just don't understand wich version of osx leopard retail disk you guys have used.

It's 10.5.6 just fine? non need to update...

Or i have to go to earlier version of the retail dvd, (10.5.0-10.5.4) as many of your posts says?

Or is this just not a problem? every retail disk works fine?

Thank you all.

Most people have used versions prior to 10.5.6, as those were the ones they had (I for example have 10.5.0, and I'm not going to buy it again just to have a newer version ;) ). The install should work on all versions, although many people using 10.5.6 have reported problems.. If it doesn't work, try borrowing or getting an image of an older version, and update it afterwards.

Chenda , Can you post your EFI for non Deluxe? my problems is everytime i mount a .dmg file , it panic...

thankyou

This is a common problem with 10.5.6 (and 10.5.5 files). Please replace your seatbelt.kext with the one from 10.5.5; you can find it around the forum.

Good luck to both,

AiBear

All Done.....

Hi guys, thought i'd report in that my i7 Asus P6T Deluxe is up and fully working

Normal Boot

Lan

Firewire

Sound

Video with Extreme Qurtz...7600gt

Vmware Fusion running

Logic & Ableton running

We did make my nVidia GTX 260 running @ 1920x1200x32 but on most web pages tearing appears when scrolling, so we replaced it with the 7600gt.

Only 1 minor issue to report...... in system info it reports 1cpu and 4 cores, even thought I've patched correctly it at first showed no cpu's & 7 cores before I upgraded to 10.5.6, it feels like all of the chip is being used so i guess its just a reporting error..... Thoughts anyone...

But a BIG BIG thanks to are of you guys for posting and replying to my messages.....

Cheers

Paul

Here is the list of files I have in my EFI/Extensions folder

AppleSMBIOS.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

IOFireWireAVC.kext

IOFireWireFamily.kext

IOFireWireIP.kext

IOFireWireSBP2.kext

IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

LegacyJMicronATA.kext

Natit.kext

SMBIOSEnabler.kext

System.kext

dsmos.kext

seatbelt.kext

I found with these copied to here then running the update.sh again.

Hotswap on Firewire and USB works perfectly. and the network works perfect also :)

these are after I did the 10.5.6 update

I can install 10.5.0 fine with and without cores=all but I've tried again and again and again to install 10.5.5 or .6 and every single time I haven't been able to boot following the update.

Is there anything special required during the .5 or .6 update that isn't mentioned in the instructions? I read through the entire thread twice and I don't remember anyone having this same problem.

I can install 10.5.0 fine with and without cores=all but I've tried again and again and again to install 10.5.5 or .6 and every single time I haven't been able to boot following the update.

Is there anything special required during the .5 or .6 update that isn't mentioned in the instructions? I read through the entire thread twice and I don't remember anyone having this same problem.

Hi there...... What my rig needed after the update to 10.5.6 was 2 reboots.....on the first reboot after the install the boot back into the OS hung which forced the second reboot and then Bingo....

Gonna be trying a fresh install with the Chamelon 2 rc2 this weekend, a friend has managed it... so instead of using the Bootloader 132......format a second drive from with your working osx as GUID then install Chamelon..... followed by installing osx from your working Mac install through terminal to the newly formatted drive.....

A friend has done this with a x48 Asus Rampage........

Fingers Crossed...

Mine was the same all good until I ran the 10.5.6 update and then it stopped booting.

I removed all the Hard Drives and DVD Drives, then plugged the SATA drive with OSX into port 1 and left the rest off, booted fine then.

After this I put all the other drives back in and made sure the Drive UUID in the com.apple.Boot.plist is correct and it's all good from then.

I managed to install iDeneb v1.4 with ease. My only big issue is the very slow SATA access. It sees all my drives, but ones I open them it takes more than 5 minutes for me to see the content. Formating or unmounting the drives takes for ever, majority of the time it fails. I'm using Asus P6T non deluxe, I'm not sure if im using the correct drivers for the Sata. Any thoughts or ideas????

Intel ICH10R Southbridge

JMicron JMB363 SATA & PATA controller

I hope that helps some what....

Did you get support for four cores in iDeneb v1.4?

Uhmm good question, in the bios i enabled all the processors and I use busratio=20. Funny you asked in the about mac it only shows that I have 7 processors instead of 8. Do you think that has something to do with the SATA drives being slow?

Satelllite_A200_tdb.jpg

Select

Satellite A200-1BJ

Part Number : PSAE6E-01500NAR

function submitToShopping(formName) { document.getElementById(formName).genRanNo.value = "GOnG"; document.getElementById(formName).submit(); return; } Technology type : Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7300, Intel® Wireless WiFi™ Link 4965AGN network connection and Intel® PM965 Express chipset

clock speed : 2.0 GHz

front side bus : 800 MHz

2nd level cache : 4 MB

Operating system Genuine Windows® Vista® Home Premium Edition

System memory standard : 2,048 (1,024 + 1,024) MB

maximum expandability : 4,096 MB

technology : DDR2 RAM (667 MHz)

Hard disk capacity : 300 GB

certification : S.M.A.R.T.

drive rotation : 4,200 rpm

DVD Super Multi drive (Double Layer) compatibility : CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-R(DL), DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R(DL), DVD+RW, DVD-RAM

maximum speed : Read: 24x CD-ROM, 8x DVD-ROM/ Write: 24x CD-R, 4x CD-RW, 10x HS CD-RW, 10x US CD-RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-R (Double Layer), 4x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+R (Double Layer), 4x DVD+RW, 5x DVD-RAM

type : DVD Super Multi (Double Layer) drive

Display size : 15.4 "

type : Toshiba TruBrite® WXGA TFT display

internal resolution : 1,280 x 800

Graphics adapter manufacturer : ATI

type : ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD2600 supporting HyperMemory™ technology

memory amount : 256 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 1.023 MB total available graphics memory using HyperMemory™ technology with 2 GB system memory)

memory type : DDR Video RAM (resp. DDR Video RAM and DDR system memory combined)

connected bus : 16x PCI Express

Internal video modes resolution : 1,280 x 800

maximum number of colours : 16.7 million

Max. external video modes max. resolution : 2,048 x 1,536

max. colours : 4.3 billion

max. refresh rate : 85 Hz

non-interlaced resolution with max. refresh rate : 1,600 x 1,200

Interfaces 1 x DC-in

1 x external monitor

1 x RJ-11

1 x RJ-45

1 x TV-out (s-video)

1 x i.LINK® (IEEE 1394)

1 x external microphone

1 x headphone (stereo)

1 x 6-in-1 Bridge Media slot (supports SD™ Card, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro™, MultiMedia Card™, xD-Picture Card™, SD™ IO)

4 (Left 2, Right 2) x USB 2.0

1 x integrated 1.3 Megapixels Video Camera

Expansion 2 x memory slots (1 to configure)

1 x ExpressCard slot

Wireless communication Wireless Technology : Bluetooth™

Compliancy : Wi-Fi™

Network Support : 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N

Wireless Technology : Wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/Draft-N)

Wired communication topology : international V.92 modem

speed : 56 Kbps data and 14.4 Kbps fax

topology : Ethernet LAN

speed : 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX

Sound system supported audio format : 16-bit stereo

speakers : built-in stereo speakers

manufacturer : Toshiba Bass Enhanced Sound System

Keyboard keys : 87

Windows keys : 2

Pointing device type : Dual mode Pad

Battery technology : lithium-ion

maximum life : currently no official Vista® battery benchmark result available

AC adapter input voltage : autosensing AC adapter (100/240 V) for worldwide usage

Physical dimensions W x L x H : 362 x 267.8 x 33.5 (front) / 39.3 (rear) mm

weight : starting at 2.72 kg

Warranty 1-year international warranty. Upgrade your standard warranty with Toshiba warranty extension, uplift and all-risks insurance packs.

Bundled hardware AC adapter

Bundled software Toshiba Bluetooth™ Monitor

Toshiba Disc Creator

Toshiba User's Manual

Norton Internet Security™ 2007 (includes free Internet updates for 90 days)

Ulead® DVD MovieWriter® for TOSHIBA

Toshiba Value Added Package

Supervisor Password Utility

Toshiba Assist

Toshiba Speech System

Chicony Camera Assistant Software

Toshiba DVD Player

Toshiba Bluetooth™ Stack

Connectivity Doctor

ConfigFree™

Security features main battery pack (by sliding latch)

system password security

wireless LAN switch

user password

main hard disk (by screw)

supervisor password

BIOS password

main memory (by screw)

slot for Kensington Cable Lock

Special features Intel® Turbo Memory

Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology

integrated 1.3 Megapixels Video Camera for Video over IP

integrated microphone for Voice over IP

Multimedia Bar with 6 Easy Keys (Internet Browser, CD/DVD launcher, Play/Pause, Stop, Rewind, Forward)

Microsoft® Windows® HotStart™ for instant-on entertainment

HD Audio supporting

SM BIOS compliant

Certification This product is in compliance with the requirements of the applicable European Directives for CE marking.

HI,IM VERY NEW IN THAT AND I WOULD LOVE TO INSTALL MAC OS LEO IN MY LAPTOP...THATS EVERYTHING ABOUT MY LAPTOP...I TRIED ONCE I DID IT BUT THEN WE RESTARTED IT JUST BROKE OR STH LIKE THAT...SO PLEASE HELPPPPP....I HAVE LEO4ALLV3...SO I BEG YOU TO HELP,I KNOW NOTHING...PLEASE REPLY TO MY EMAIL

thatsmymsnok@hotmail.com thanx a lot in advance

Chris,

Did you ever get past the freezing screen? I'm up to that point now with a slight difference; when I run disk util it can't see my HDD, just my DVD drive (which is a USB, not SATA)

It freezes after about a minute as well though.

Anyone get past this issue for V2's?

I'm not having that issue with the V2 but I do have trouble installing updates beyond 10.5.0 and having it boot correctly afterwards. I suspect it's just a kext issue I need to drill down into.

Going to try ideneb v1.4 on the weekend.

Hey guys, been reading this thread a lot and getting SOOO close to a good install. Thanks for the help

my rig

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution

Core i7 920

EVGA 9800GT

GSkill DDR3 1600 6GB

250GB SATA

dont have a retail copy right now so I'm messing around with iDeneb1.4

So I installed iDeneb1.4, I can boot with flags, busratio=20 -v

I got the LAN, audio, video all working fine, but I can't get all the cores enabled. Tried DSDT patcher exactly like in MJ's tutorial, on the -v boot I can see all the 8 cores enabled, but once I'm on the desktop and use system profiler I only see 1 core. I used the cpus=1 fix in the iDeneb options, is this what is messing it up?

thanks dudes, you rock

I have been trying for weeks now to get a stable install on the Asus Rampage II Extreme, however I have managed to boot into osx a couple of times, I can't find a stable install. I have all newest editions of boot's such as iatkos, ideneb, leo4all and xxx. I will switch to a retail install, but I want to wait till Snow Leopard comes out to spend money on an official release.

Supposably iDeneb v4 should just work, there are more than a dozen comments, on iDeneb being installed with ease. However doesn't seem to work for me. Which parts of customize under the install are essential/ worked for you? Which bios settings did you use? Could really use some help, tried all kinds of installs, and customize options, all kind of boot options.

Essential information about the system:

Asus Rampage II Extreme with bios 903

Core i7 940

DDR3 1600

9800GT Hybrid Power

Sata 1,5 TB configured as AHCI ( 3 equal partitions, 2 still empty)

Did a couple of P45 Intel builds but can't seem to get this working with leopard..

Could the freezing problem during installation for p6t deluxe v2's (freezes after about 1-2 minutes into the installing screen with no error) be related to the AppleIntelCPUManagement timing out? Could this cause the CPU to overheat and stop working?

Any thoughts?