MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Exactly the same with yours, never sleep in both 10.5.6(retail and iDeneb). Can't shutdown like Windows, neither.

I think it's about the USB IO as you mentioned.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...41324&st=80

Tried this, but no use at all. I used kext in 10.5.5, and it crashed. I have to reinstall again.

Need more luck!

BTW, I'm doing it with P5Q-EM.

If Mac OS would just ignore this wakeup events then we would be good. There has to be an option for that.

Hi, I want to try adding a wireless driver (posted earlier in this thread about that) for my rt2500. Am I supposed to do anything more than installing the driver in os x? Do I have to alter the boot 132 files or something? The device isn't currently being detected, so I'm wondering if I have to change the boot loader files or something?

I have all the components I need except I have the AetherosL1e chipset on my board. Any new leads on drivers that will work for my card in OSX, I am trying to avoid getting a new card with a RealTek chipset (no other reason other than im lazy). Thanks!

I have all the components I need except I have the AetherosL1e chipset on my board. Any new leads on drivers that will work for my card in OSX, I am trying to avoid getting a new card with a RealTek chipset (no other reason other than im lazy). Thanks!

So If I have Vista installed already and I have a new hard drive that I want to install Leopard on.

I also have the retail Leopard Disc on DVD.

How would I install it and how would it boot. I want to be able to choose between OS's on seperate drives. Do i have to unplug the vista drive when Leopard is installing? Do I still follow the same steps as this guide. If i follow the boot 132 method of installing, How would it effect my vista install and How would I boot without the USB thumbdrive.

So If I have Vista installed already and I have a new hard drive that I want to install Leopard on.

I also have the retail Leopard Disc on DVD.

How would I install it and how would it boot. I want to be able to choose between OS's on seperate drives. Do i have to unplug the vista drive when Leopard is installing? Do I still follow the same steps as this guide. If i follow the boot 132 method of installing, How would it effect my vista install and How would I boot without the USB thumbdrive.

If you want you can unplug your Vista HDD and then install MAC OS X on the other HDD.

Once it is done plug IN you Vista HDD and then boot from the Bootable Flash Drive.

Is there anyway I can boot without the USB Drive. If possible I want to be able to choose which OS to boot into when I turn my computer on. Do I still follow the guide or should i use the Boot 132 method

Follow the Guide....

If you don't want to boot from USB Flash Drive then See Step 11.....

Robert, in the guide there is no word about standby or shutdown issues. But I am experiencing thes problems. I have the needed hardware and I followed the guide with your drivers but it doesn't work. Do you have a clue or is it just not working?

You can try to install all the kexts found inside the Boot 132 > Initrd.img file and then see if you still have the problem......

Robert -

Thanks for the guide!!! Got it working fine on the first try...

Question -

How do i get processor info to show correctly in system info? It shows 3.8Ghz unknown. I did not have this problem with iATKOS install. Only on retail.

Also, is there a way to remove partitions from the boot menu? The retail image partition shows up along with the partition for boot 132, not a big deal, but is there a way to remove these and just have OSX and Vista appear?

thanks again -

Bobby

You can try to install all the kexts found inside the Boot 132 > Initrd.img file and then see if you still have the problem......

I tried that. This is what the console says:

15.02.09 23:36:25 kernel System Sleep

15.02.09 23:36:33 kernel System Wake

It just wakes up without any event.

I hope there is a solution for this.

I have tried to follow this guide, on the following specs:

ASUS P5Q SE

Intel PRO 2 DUAL CORE E8200

2Gb memory

2 x SATA HDD

1 IDE DVD-RW DUAL LAYER

But, when I use the USB Flash drive to boot, it boots just fine, but, it won't recognize my install dvd.

It gives a black screen and says something about a memory error (I know for a fact that my memory modules are flawless - they are brand new, and I've tested them with diagnostics).

Can anyone help?

I have tried to follow this guide, on the following specs:

ASUS P5Q SE

Intel PRO 2 DUAL CORE E8200

2Gb memory

2 x SATA HDD

1 IDE DVD-RW DUAL LAYER

But, when I use the USB Flash drive to boot, it boots just fine, but, it won't recognize my install dvd.

It gives a black screen and says something about a memory error (I know for a fact that my memory modules are flawless - they are brand new, and I've tested them with diagnostics).

Can anyone help?

You won't be able to boot from the DVD ROM using your USB Flash Drive........ If you want to boot from your DVD ROM then you need to boot using BOOT 132 CD....

If would wish to install BOOT 132 to the FAT 32 partition as in step 11, but have no Windows on the same system to run SYSLINUX from, what would be a workaround?

Perhaps to boot SLAX or something similar from another USB and run the Linux version of SYSLINUX from there?

Is there an easier way? Crucially: Could you write to the FAT 32 partition from the installed OS X???

If would wish to install BOOT 132 to the FAT 32 partition as in step 11, but have no Windows on the same system to run SYSLINUX from, what would be a workaround?

Perhaps to boot SLAX or something similar from another USB and run the Linux version of SYSLINUX from there?

Is there an easier way? Crucially: Could you write to the FAT 32 partition from the installed OS X???

I think you can install the linux version..........I am not sure go to GParted website for more help on syslinux..

You won't be able to boot from the DVD ROM using your USB Flash Drive........ If you want to boot from your DVD ROM then you need to boot using BOOT 132 CD....

Does that mean, that even thou I've got both the iDeneb v. 1.3, the iAtkos 10.5.5, as well as a retail 10.5 I won't be able to "launch" the installations on my pc?

Does that mean, that even thou I've got both the iDeneb v. 1.3, the iAtkos 10.5.5, as well as a retail 10.5 I won't be able to "launch" the installations on my pc?

1. Are you getting the error message on all the installation ?....

If you are receiving the error message then get a screenshot of the error message and post it here......So that we can understand the issue properly.

I also have problems with shutdown and sleep (sometimes even restart will not work).

Do anybody have a solution for this?

Robert, in the guide there is no word about standby or shutdown issues. But I am experiencing thes problems. I have the needed hardware and I followed the guide with your drivers but it doesn't work. Do you have a clue or is it just not working?

I also have problems with shutdown and sleep (sometimes even restart will not work).

Do anybody have a solution for this?

I finally found the reason for the standby problem. It is the Realtek 8139. If it is removed standby works. Shutdown still gives Kernel Panic.

Are there other drivers for the LAN or what could we do?

By replacing the driver for the ALC1200 I don't have a kernel panic. But the screen remains black. HDD are off but the system is still on.

1. Are you getting the error message on all the installation ?....

If you are receiving the error message then get a screenshot of the error message and post it here......So that we can understand the issue properly.

Have only tried with iDeneb so far, will try with iAtkos and post again.

Will also post screen-shot within the next couple of days.

Just need to ask - are there any known problems with IDE dvd drives (or are they called PATA these days ???) so it won't be able to boot the install DVD?

Have only tried with iDeneb so far, will try with iAtkos and post again.

Will also post screen-shot within the next couple of days.

Just need to ask - are there any known problems with IDE dvd drives (or are they called PATA these days ???) so it won't be able to boot the install DVD?

you need to have a SATA DVD Drive, if not then buy a converter for IDE to Sata from ebay or somewhere and then try to install.....

hi folks,

I tryed to use this one:

http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/01/install...8/#comment-1495

Its a short way to use Retail OS X with minimal doing.

My Problem is I am hanging on the Grey Apple Logo without a spinning wheel, (I had that wheel) before Bios update to a Version from this Thread. But it stuck too ...

So I dont have a idea to install it ...

Config:

320GB SATA WD Drive

16x Samsung DVD SATA drive

Core2Duo E7300

ASUS P5Q Pro V1.03

PS2 Keyboard

USB Mouse

somebody can help me ? I think some of you hanging on the grey apple too ...

thx