MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

You can install the AHCI driver for your system.

Download the AHCI Driver ICH10R_AHCIRAID_Driver_XPVista.zipand follow the steps given in this forum for installing AHCI Driver..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137296

Thanks I'll try your driver too. As I mentioned, I downloaded the regular one from ASUS, and the system BSODed (blue screen of death) when i tried to force the install with "have disk".

Do you have the change resolution problem? Is there a solution?

Is there a solution for the CPU temperature sensor issue?

Dear RoberT_XeS

I did follow your guideline upto Step 8.10. The last message might show you that MAC OS X Cannot be installed on this machine. Do not Panic... Just restart the Machine

I found the running bar just upto around 20%, then it shows "Install Failed" same as 8.10 picutures. After that, I'm going to Step 9, and slect the drive named MACOSX.

using -v or -x -F, it shows "System confile file 'com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" not found.

I have tried to take 2 times from Step 6 again. However, same error message occurs.

I did confirm that the above file is existed on RETAIL IMAGE cause I check it through other netbook (NC10 @ MACOSX).

Would you help to advise how could I solve it. Many thanks.

Dear RoberT_XeS

I did follow your guideline upto Step 8.10. The last message might show you that MAC OS X Cannot be installed on this machine. Do not Panic... Just restart the Machine

I found the running bar just upto around 20%, then it shows "Install Failed" same as 8.10 picutures. After that, I'm going to Step 9, and slect the drive named MACOSX.

using -v or -x -F, it shows "System confile file 'com.apple.boot.S/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" not found.

I have tried to take 2 times from Step 6 again. However, same error message occurs.

I did confirm that the above file is existed on RETAIL IMAGE cause I check it through other netbook (NC10 @ MACOSX).

Would you help to advise how could I solve it. Many thanks.

Did you follow the steps 7.7 till 7.12.... It is very important

I get the install Failed message after the installation is 100%

Hi Robert,

great thread!! but i cant find hardly any of the modBIOS from Juzzi, nore the CMOS zip file!!!

Please help, have been trying diff methods for days with Leo4all initially till i stumbled over ure post!!

thx in advance!!

T

My setup>>>

AsusP5Q

Intel Q9550

500 Gb Sata HD

got Atkos 5i

and

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail

Did you follow the steps 7.7 till 7.12.... It is very important

I get the install Failed message after the installation is 100%

Dear RoberT_XeS

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, I did.

I tried to take out 1x2GB ram from MB and left 1x2GB ram in MB. then take installation again.

It gets 100%. Now I can successfully go into MACOSX. And then put back 1x2GB ram to MB. also success to MACOSX

However, I fail to install Audio driver and Display card driver. I did follow Step 10.2. going to delete 2 files from /MACOSX/System/Libaray/Extentions first, then use Kext_Helper_b7 to install ALC_1200.

But I find no sound and "No build-in audio" from System Product Name of "More Info". What I miss to do

MB - P5Q-Pro

Display: Asus 9800GTX- Top

Hi Robert,

great thread!! but i cant find hardly any of the modBIOS from Juzzi, nore the CMOS zip file!!!

Please help, have been trying diff methods for days with Leo4all initially till i stumbled over ure post!!

thx in advance!!

T

My setup>>>

AsusP5Q

Intel Q9550

500 Gb Sata HD

got Atkos 5i

and

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 9E25 Retail

Here is the complete file needed for installation of Mac OS X Retail on your computer

http://www.adrive.com/public/dac91ec3d20fd...4238c68bba.html

Dear RoberT_XeS

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, I did.

I tried to take out 1x2GB ram from MB and left 1x2GB ram in MB. then take installation again.

It gets 100%. Now I can successfully go into MACOSX. And then put back 1x2GB ram to MB. also success to MACOSX

However, I fail to install Audio driver and Display card driver. I did follow Step 10.2. going to delete 2 files from /MACOSX/System/Libaray/Extentions first, then use Kext_Helper_b7 to install ALC_1200.

But I find no sound and "No build-in audio" from System Product Name of "More Info". What I miss to do

MB - P5Q-Pro

Display: Asus 9800GTX- Top

You will not find audio in the system profiler.

Go to System Preferences> Sound >Output > and select Inbuilt Speaker

@ Dude-nl

I have exact the same Problem ...

My way.

- Flashed Bios

- put in settings manually

- boot from 132 CD or USB Stick (tried both)

- Boots till OS X Backgroup with beachball mouse more isnt come.

any idea ?

I need some Help !

Hi Robert,

previously i have install a 10.5.6 on a P35 platform (asus) together with a GT9800 card it works like a dream,

now i have to built another platform using P45 chips (also asus MB and it's P5Q) to ONLY stall 10.5.4 on 1 HD only (Also using another low end gforce display card and it is working)

i have hacked to 1611 modified bios and run into default, disable drive xpert & express gate and enable ACHI others untouched

i had the flash drive already made, Retail 10.5.4 DVD (burn at a very slow speed and it had been working ever since) and Boot 132 CD

during installation stage, i cannot properly format the HD partition HF+ as the Disk Utility shown that my HD (it's a SATA WD 640G 32M cache) icon showing the HD was external (ORANGE COLOR), as i notice that the HD icon color should be in dark grey and it must be labelled as internal

even i skip this stage and keep on follow the installation, the Retail disk did not allow me to continue install,

see below photoPICT0057.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0062.jpgEven i force to erase the partition and reformat again make no use.

therefore i would ask is there something i have miss thorughout the installation ? if so, how can i pick up the correct steps pls,

Many thx for watching this

Hi Robert,

previously i have install a 10.5.6 on a P35 platform (asus) together with a GT9800 card it works like a dream,

now i have to built another platform using P45 chips (also asus MB and it's P5Q) to ONLY stall 10.5.4 on 1 HD only (Also using another low end gforce display card and it is working)

i have hacked to 1611 modified bios and run into default, disable drive xpert & express gate and enable ACHI others untouched

i had the flash drive already made, Retail 10.5.4 DVD (burn at a very slow speed and it had been working ever since) and Boot 132 CD

during installation stage, i cannot properly format the HD partition HF+ as the Disk Utility shown that my HD (it's a SATA WD 640G 32M cache) icon showing the HD was external (ORANGE COLOR), as i notice that the HD icon color should be in dark grey and it must be labelled as internal

even i skip this stage and keep on follow the installation, the Retail disk did not allow me to continue install,

see below photoPICT0057.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0062.jpgEven i force to erase the partition and reformat again make no use.

therefore i would ask is there something i have miss thorughout the installation ? if so, how can i pick up the correct steps pls,

Many thx for watching this

No need to worry about the Orange Color HDD its OK...... You can install it

I think you missed step 7.7 to 7.12

No need to worry about the Orange Color HDD its OK...... You can install it

I think you missed step 7.7 to 7.12

thx for the quick reply, so in short can U tell me:- (particularly 7.7-7.12)

1)Before that i must first install a IDeneb prior to restore retail DMG?

2) how many partitions i must made through disk utility?

since i got a separate boot 132 cd, is it possible to skip the Fat 32 partition in the HD? (i.e 2 instead of 3 partitions) my plan was after upgraded to 10.5.6, run efi V9 to boot from HD, still i will use bootloader B4 that stage

3) the photos taken is based on fresh install of retail 10.5.4 after biso mod so is it necessary to install a IDeneb first beofre restore? since i have tried to install Ideneb, however i cannot boot into the Ideneb OSx (kernel panic?)

:) i'm stuck in the step 6.9 , when i goin to repair permissions then restart my pc restart in macosx but stop in this point ,just appears the apple screen wiht a small icon in the middle that means stop  or forbidden and too long and never goin to aitkatos , so... what i did wrong?

Hey Guys !!! GOT IT THANKS.

First of all:

It was the Generic Boot CD, I needed the other one!

No to some minor Problems, maybe you can help:

- RAM is shown as 2GB in About this MAC (I changed that manually to 4GB) Cause in System Profiler it delivers me both 2 GB RAMs in both slots ... so it should be there physically or ?

- My graphic card is a 8500GT 512MB ... but OS X System Profiler recoginzes it as 256MB 8500GT any solution ?

- When System wents into Sleep It doesnt wake up.

- I use the System since 2 hours. Its stable ... Some of you I hang up ? After what time ?

- When I boot, I get to the prompt where I can type in 2 Hexadecimal signs. Can I jump into OS X directly without that ?

Further as you know I use a P5Q Pro ... Is tehre a better Board ? I want to build 2 PCs with OS X for my Friends. P5Q Pros Gigabit LAN doesnt work so I want a board with native OS X without putting extra LAN cards in ... The want the best "Apple Hardware" like PC.

So you have Suggestions for a board ? and other Devices ?

Thanks and Thanks for all the help till here.

Here is the complete file needed for installation of Mac OS X Retail on your computer

http://www.adrive.com/public/dac91ec3d20fd...4238c68bba.html

You will not find audio in the system profiler.

Go to System Preferences> Sound >Output > and select Inbuilt Speaker

Dear RoberT_XeS

Thanks for your help. It works. Now I'm going to install 9800GTX.

After I install driver, QE = not support. And model "I can have model ?"

How can I solve this problem ?

Besides, since I'm new comer to OSX86, how can I uninstall driver. Thanks

thx for the quick reply, so in short can U tell me:- (particularly 7.7-7.12)

1)Before that i must first install a IDeneb prior to restore retail DMG?

2) how many partitions i must made through disk utility?

since i got a separate boot 132 cd, is it possible to skip the Fat 32 partition in the HD? (i.e 2 instead of 3 partitions) my plan was after upgraded to 10.5.6, run efi V9 to boot from HD, still i will use bootloader B4 that stage

3) the photos taken is based on fresh install of retail 10.5.4 after biso mod so is it necessary to install a IDeneb first beofre restore? since i have tried to install Ideneb, however i cannot boot into the Ideneb OSx (kernel panic?)

2 Partitions will do...........

If you are doing the partition with GUID then it is not necessary to install IDeneb..........You can directly install Retail OS X..............

(But I saw your Partition and you had selected MBR), If you want MBR then you should install IDeneb first and follow steps 7.7 to 7.12...............

hi Robert it's me again , do you know where could find graphic drivers for ati 4850 ?

I saw in to the link from the firt page but not appears nothing to ati 4850..

thanks in advance!!

As of now there is no driver for 4850..........

Try this

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112228

@ Robert X

I still need help ....

My way.

- Flashed Bios 1613

- put in settings manually

- boot from 132 CD or USB Stick (tried both)

- Boots till OS X Backgroup with beachball mouse more isnt come.

any idea ?

I need some Help !

Dont change any settings in Bios.....Just change the storage configuration to AHCI and then try to boot from the Bootable USB 132 Flash Drive

:) i'm stuck in the step 6.9 , when i goin to repair permissions then restart my pc restart in macosx but stop in this point ,just appears the apple screen wiht a small icon in the middle that means stop or forbidden and too long and never goin to aitkatos , so... what i did wrong?

Boot with -v and let us know the error message that you are receiving

I see that in the 20feb is released an update 10.5.6 can I download and install this update.

I have also 10.5.5 installed with your guide on my q6600 and p5q

yes

I just want to say thanks robert, i know i annoyed you a lot. I finally managed to install leopard a few days ago. Leopard displays 3.8ghz for my e8500 instead of the 3.16ghz, and does not say that its an e8500 core 2 duo but w/e.

just need a good driver for the 9600gso (8800gs), tried NVKushinstaller but leopard detects it to be 256mb instead of 384mb and it does not recognize the type of card it is. Any suggestions?, weird because some macs come with 9600gso's.

Thanks

Dear Robert, with your instruction, finally i can install 10.5.4 retail but i have problems in update to 10.5.5.

everytime i tried install the update, i come out with this:-PICT0114.jpg

The only way i can get in is -x (SAFE BOOT) which step did i done wrong?

The fact is:- after i install a retail 10.5.4 it boot smoothly into the hd, therefore something i must have miss during the update process, can you further guide me through this?

i have tried this but i cannot find the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext :-

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1;

do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

Open 10.5.5 Update Installer

Run update BUT DO NOT RESTART

Go back to your terminal and press Control C to end the script

In terminal type:

nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Replace the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext with dsmos.kext

Restart and boot with -v

Also is it necessary to disable the on board lan at bios after the first install?

regards

Bosica

Dear Robert,

Finally, i manage to install a retail 10.5.4 into my HD, it boot up smoothly however, i got problems in update the 10.5.5 patch.

it comes out like this

PICT0114.jpg

i try this

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1;

In terminal type:

Restart and boot with -v

but i cannot locate the line "Dont steal Mac OSX"

can you help me out??

RoberT_XeS,

I've been lurking on these forums for several months but decided to give in and try to install OSX over the weekend.

I followed your instructions and had the retail version installed in under an hour. Luckily I had an old Realtek network card lying about. The system is fully updated and works perfect.

One more vote coming your way.

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: make that several years - just noticed my join date of Dec '05. ;)

I just want to say thanks robert, i know i annoyed you a lot. I finally managed to install leopard a few days ago. Leopard displays 3.8ghz for my e8500 instead of the 3.16ghz, and does not say that its an e8500 core 2 duo but w/e.

just need a good driver for the 9600gso (8800gs), tried NVKushinstaller but leopard detects it to be 256mb instead of 384mb and it does not recognize the type of card it is. Any suggestions?, weird because some macs come with 9600gso's.

Thanks

I feel good when I help others....

You were not at all annoying........don't worry

http://nvinstaller.com/

http://nvinject.free.fr/

Dear Robert, with your instruction, finally i can install 10.5.4 retail but i have problems in update to 10.5.5.

everytime i tried install the update, i come out with this:-PICT0114.jpg

The only way i can get in is -x (SAFE BOOT) which step did i done wrong?

The fact is:- after i install a retail 10.5.4 it boot smoothly into the hd, therefore something i must have miss during the update process, can you further guide me through this?

i have tried this but i cannot find the line Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext :-

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1;

In terminal type:

Restart and boot with -v

Also is it necessary to disable the on board lan at bios after the first install?

regards

Bosica

Dear Robert,

Finally, i manage to install a retail 10.5.4 into my HD, it boot up smoothly however, i got problems in update the 10.5.5 patch.

it comes out like this

PICT0114.jpg

i try this

Open Terminal

sudo -s

*type password*

while sleep 1;

In terminal type:

Restart and boot with -v

but i cannot locate the line "Dont steal Mac OSX"

can you help me out??

Open Application > Utilities > Disk Utility > Verify Permission and then Repair Permission......

Also try installing the graphics driver once again....... that may be the problem.......

Actually if you are booting from Boot 132 Flash Drive then you can directly install the update...

RoberT_XeS,

I've been lurking on these forums for several months but decided to give in and try to install OSX over the weekend.

I followed your instructions and had the retail version installed in under an hour. Luckily I had an old Realtek network card lying about. The system is fully updated and works perfect.

One more vote coming your way.

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: make that several years - just noticed my join date of Dec '05. ;)

Good to know that.....Finally your search is over........