EasyBCD 2.0 Beta: Automated PC_EFI, CHAIN0 Installation

Computer Guru

173 posts in this topic

Before Windows7 Darwin bootloader just overtakes everything and allows different active partitions to be listed in its boot list.

Now Win7 boot loader is so overpowering Darwin that I have to use EasyBCD if I want to create multi-boot option. If I uninstall EasyBCD, I can't even get to OS X partition. Does anyone know how to just install PCEFI and make it work like before? Because now that Win7 is EFI aware, it makes life a lot easier to live with. I can make OS X as my primary choice of OS on a GUID disk and a small NTFS partition for Win7, a perfect cohabitation- only if I can overcome the BCD bootlader.

so when will this have windows 7 support ;)

I have never had lock with easybcd for osx dual boots. Always used the chain0 method. Awesome this will do chain0 now :)

it kinda already does have windows 7 support.. I have windows 7 and OS X 10.5.5 in dual boot :)

Thanks for the answer Computer Guru,but i mean by default,without the prompt type.

Thanks again.

Yes, this would be awesome! My Hackintosh project would be finished if this were fixed.

I cannot believe how good it has turned out. Faster and smoother than any Mac I have ever used.

Shuttle SD39P2 (BIOS 00E) • Intel Q6700 @3.33Ghz (10x333FSB) • 8GB RAM 4-4-4-12@667Mhz - G.Skill 4x2GB DDR2-800 • Noctua NC-U6 NB cooler with SilenX Ixtrema60 14cfm@12dBA • PNY 8800GTX • WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200rpm • Logitech G7 mouse • SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 TFT • QuickCam Pro 9000 Webcam • Windows Vista x64 SP1

Yes, this would be awesome! My Hackintosh project would be finished if this were fixed.

I cannot believe how good it has turned out. Faster and smoother than any Mac I have ever used.

Looks like I'm at the same point. Must be some way to get the boot loader pointing to drive 81 by default ??

I'm on an HP HDX 18t laptop with two internal hard drives, but the minimalist InsydeH2O EFI-emulating-BIOS that HP uses only allows booting from the primary hard drive.

There are options for booting from the optical drive, USB, etc., just none for the secondary hard drive in the "BIOS".

Having to stop the boot process & enter the "81" at every boot into OSX86 is at least inelegant !

G

HP HDX 18t:

Hardware list (all work in both Vista Home Premium & OSX86 except as noted):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (2.4GHz)

Video: Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT (10DE:0649)

Chipset: Intel ICH9

Network: Realtek 8186C/8111C (10EC:8186)

Sound: Intel IDT HDA (111D:76B2, 8086:293E)

Wireless: Intel Wifi 5100 (for Vista)

Belkin F5D8073 Wireless N Express Card (for OSX86)

Blu-Ray Combo Drive: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L

Built-In Bluetooth

2X 250GB HDD

Card Reader: JMB 38x Controller (no joy in OSX86)

HP Webcam

HP Bluetooth Laser Mobile Mouse (HP P/N 45185-001)

HP xb3000 Expansion Base w/750GB HDD (shows up as USB-connected)

I agree with everyone that having to stop it in 2 seconds to hit '81' is annoying. You don't have much time otherwise it will go in a loop. I'm trying to do this as seamlessly as possible for my wife, and I might as well just have her keep tapping F12 at boot to choose which HD to boot from rather than worrying about the '81' thing. It just turns it into an extra step that makes the boot process take a lot longer, there needs to be some kind of advanced setting for this.

hi im trying to install it on my xp to start up aswell with mac os !! but i think that i need some vista files or something??? is there any help with this!!!?????

thanks!!

you need the .nst file.

make an os entry in boot.ini for the extra os and it will find it!

Cheers,

HC

Hi,

i have the same problem, my Vista is on Disk 1 Partition 1, Leopard ist on the second hard drive.

Booting works when using EFI from EasyBCD, but i have to manually select disk 81.

MBR gives me a chain boot error, i also tried the reinstallation of the vista bootloader with thesame result,

so i think i stick with EFI.

Is there any way to patch or configure the EFI of EasyBCD that it only boots 81 instead of 80?

Hi,

I would love for this to work. I've got Mac OSX Leopard on one partition and Windows 7 on the next.

Both have all updates and I am running the latest bios.

If I boot from the hard drive, I can boot into Win7 but not access OS X.

If I boot from the 132 disk, I can boot into OS X but not access Win 7.

If I install and setup EasyBCD (2.0 beta or 17.2.) I get the Windows Boot Manager. Yes!

Yet, when I select Mac OS X, it gives me this error:

\NST\NeoGrub.mbr

Status 0xc000000f

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I can still boot only into Win 7.

I can see the NeoGrub.mbr on the disk and it's listed as installed.

Suggestions?

I too am looking for dual booting support for Windows 7 EFI 64 bit booting. Here is my configuration:

Dell D630 Laptop, One Hard Disk 3 Partitions

Partition 1: 200MB EFI Partition created by Windows 7

Partition 2: 150GB Partition, Windows 7 64 bit

Partition 3: 90GB GUID Partition, Mac OSX 10.5.6 with EFI v9 and stock kernal, imaged from another hard drive

The Hard disk currently boots Windows 7 64 bit via the 200MB EFI partition. I would like to use the Windows 7 boot loader to handle the dual booting and add the Mac OSX partition as a second choice. I'm not sure if EasyBCD 2.0 can modify the hidden boot loader on the hidden 200MB EFI partition.

Does anyone know how to setup this dual boot scenario?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help on this setup.

EasyBCD can handle the 200mb hidden partition without a problem. When you run EasyBCD on Windows 7 it'll ask for the boot drive, just tell it C:\ even though it isn't. So EasyBCD can be used 100% to dual-boot OS X and Windows 7.

EasyBCD 2.0 won't even prompt you for that.

As for the 81 problem - I'm working on it and the Chameleon team is working on it. EasyBCD 2.0 *may* have a workaround to pretend 81 is 80 and boot into OS X like that. Stay tuned :D

Same problem here: 1st OSX install, then Windows 7 with bootloader, and i cant boot to OSX. Tried to add OSX to boot with easybcd 1.7.2. After this chain0 copied to c:, from command prompt: bcdedit /set GUID device boot, bcdedit /set GUID path \chain0.

When i am select Leopard entry in boot menu:

chain0 Status 0xc000000f Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I attached a picture, from my partition scheme. Any workaround to this?

Thank you

post-100875-1233763014_thumb.png

Same problem here: 1st OSX install, then Windows 7 with bootloader, and i cant boot to OSX. Tried to add OSX to boot with easybcd 1.7.2. After this chain0 copied to c:, from command prompt: bcdedit /set GUID device boot, bcdedit /set GUID path \chain0.

When i am select Leopard entry in boot menu:

chain0 Status 0xc000000f Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I attached a picture, from my partition scheme. Any workaround to this?

Thank you

post-100875-1233763014_thumb.png

Go install efi v8 again and then load windows 7 disk and repair disk, try booting chain0 again.

Jakeb, if you find that trick you're referring to let me know and I'll integrate it into a new EBCD2 build ASAP.

EasyBCD 2.0 Build Updated

See the first post for an updated link to EasyBCD 2.0 Beta.

Has fixed up almost all Windows 7 issues.

i can't find a way out to bios bootloader...

my system is:

C: XP

D: Vista64

and they are on the same physical HD

iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 on another HD partitioned in GUID and with pc_efi bootloader v.9

On previous 10.5.5 without pc_efi easybcd was working perfect for me...

Found it!

I believe something along these lines should work:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115064

Specifically, this part:

"If you want your OSX to start automatically, open syslinux.cfg, right after DEFAULT.... add APPEND biosdev=<your hdd id> (Ex: APPEND biosdev=81)"

:D

This might be wrong, and in that case, sorry for the false alarm.