ALC889A, Gigabyte (Intel): now having a working front mic

VCH888

1,156 posts in this topic

Ref this bit from the OP:

………. For Gigabyte (E)P35 & (E)P45 and may be compatible to other Gigabyte motherboards on how to make DSDT.

Making DSDT.aml for your PC is better.

There are LegacyHDA.kext for ALC889a and ALC888. 10.5.8 & SL Ready (updated and fixed)

How_to_patch_DSDT_with_LAN_and_HDEF_functions_including_LegacyHDA.zip

Also see more info about HDEF @post #392 for ALC889a ……….

GigaByte GA-X48T-DQ6, ALC889a.

Some time ago, I downloaded the zip file. Looked at the HDEF patch in "code.txt" and added it to my dsdt.dsl file (with instructions from the "How to patch DSDT with LAN and HDEF functions.pdf").

After compilation to DSDT.aml, I tried without a LegacyHDA.kext.

Result: no sound output devices found, of course.

Then, from the "series of LegacyHDA 885 (ALC889a)" folder I tried the LegacyHDA.kext in folder "4outs2ins HDA headphone".

Result:

[B]Intel High Definition Audio:[/B]

Device ID:	0x1458A022
 Audio ID:	885
 Available Devices:
 Speaker:
 Connection:	1/8-Inch Jack
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 Internal Microphone:
 Connection:	Internal
 External Microphone:
 Line In:
 Headphone:
 S/P-DIF Out:
 Connection:	Combo
 S/P-DIF In:

"[/b]Intel High Definition Audio:[/b]" : weird!

In "Audio MIDI Setup" 6 of the available 8 channels (3 streams) produced sound from the correct speakers (Multichannel, 5.1 Surround), and I created an aggregate for them and named it after my 5.1 speaker set Logitech Z-640.

But when playing an Audio CD, only subwoofer and center produced sound, although I had the aggregate selected in "System Preferences >> Sound" and VLC's "Audio >> Audio Device" menu item.

So I removed that LegacyHDA.kext, and from the "series of LegacyHDA 885 (ALC889a)" folder I tried the LegacyHDA.kext in folder "4outs2ins regular headphone".

Result: Lost 1x Line Out, and got 1x "Built-In Headphones" in return. But in "Audio MIDI Setup" only 4 of the 8 available output channels produced sound.

Headphones and 1x Line Out failed to produce sound. The One Line Out is as expected because that one is reserved for a 7.1 setup. Sigh, reverted back to the initial LegacyHDA.kext.

My first questions is, how do I get all 6 channels to play together at once ?

I also get this error message during boot :

Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto Exit

So i looked in "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist", and expected to see 283904133 ( 0x10EC0885 ) Gigabyte ALC889a.

But to my surprise everywhere in that file the PCIVendorDeviceID is set to something completely different than I expected :

<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key>
									<integer>282987200</integer>

282987200 = 0x10DE0AC0. 0x10DE = NVidia ?

I saw someone in this thread post# 298 - 300 patch his LegacyHDA.kext's Info.plist with this NVidia code, to rid off the error message, but I'm a bit reluctant.

I do not want to patch the Apple kept, but I also do not want to add a (wrong?) PCIVendorID to the LegacyHDA.kext's Info.plist.

So my second question is, what is the best thing to do in this case ?

TIA,

Robert

Hi!

I have SL 1.6.2 (mpkg original install, soft update) on Gigabyte ep45-ds3r f11e

6gb ddr2, evga 8800gt SC, core e5200, 2SATA HDDs ,ATA HDD and SATA DVD

ps2 kboard, usb mouse.

AHCI, HPET 64, only c1e, SATA boot order for main hdd(otherwise booter doesn't boot)

1.1.9 AsereBLN boot loader (http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=644&highlight=dsdt)

DSDT from http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=...=chameleon+dsdt

com.apple.boot.list

in L/P/S

func:

graph - QL/CI worked, ethernet, shut/reboot, usbs, AHCI, ram/proc ident in profiler

BUT no sound(

i have PCI Live5.1 gaming, worked with KX from this forum just once/

anyway, i decided to go with 889a

(Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A102

Audio ID: 0)

and, at last!)

it worked with http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...mp;hl=voodoohda

v254 (don't tried pref panel)

in S/L/E with original Apple HDA

installed with Kext Helper b7

tried almost everything from this topic and others for about 3days)

hope this helps

--

my extra/ext:

http://yfrog.com/jwscreenshot20100213at103p

You said you got DSDT from AsereBLN's works, didn't you. So, Device (HDEF) should be like this following. Is that correct?

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   If (LEqual (And (ABLN, 0x80000040), 0x80000040))
       	    {
                       Store (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "codec-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                           },
                           "layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },
                           "device-type",
                           Buffer (0x10)
                           {
                               "Realtek ALC889a"
                           },
                           "PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer (0x01)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
       	        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
	    }
	    Else
	    {
                       Store (Buffer (One)
                           {
                               Zero
                           }, Local0)
	    }
	    Return (Local0)
               }
           }

You need to change layout-id for using my LegacyHDA.kext. See, red fonts. (add LegacyHDA.kext to /Extra/Extensions & restart.)

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
               {
                   Return (Package (0x02)
                   {
                       0x0D, 
                       0x05
                   })
               }
               {
                   If (LEqual (And (ABLN, 0x80000040), 0x80000040))
       	    {
                       Store (Package (0x08)
                       {
                           "codec-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           { [color="red"]
                               0x85, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10[/color]  You may or may not change this line.
                           },
                           "layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           { [color="red"]
                               0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00[/color]
                           },
                           "device-type",
                           Buffer (0x10)
                           {
                               "Realtek ALC889a"
                           },
                           "PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer (0x01)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
	    }
	    Else
	    {
                       Store (Buffer (One)
                           {
                               Zero
                           }, Local0)
	    }
	    Return (Local0)
               }
           }

Ref this bit from the OP:GigaByte GA-X48T-DQ6, ALC889a.

Some time ago, I downloaded the zip file. Looked at the HDEF patch in "code.txt" and added it to my dsdt.dsl file (with instructions from the "How to patch DSDT with LAN and HDEF functions.pdf").

After compilation to DSDT.aml, I tried without a LegacyHDA.kext.

Result: no sound output devices found, of course.

Then, from the "series of LegacyHDA 885 (ALC889a)" folder I tried the LegacyHDA.kext in folder "4outs2ins HDA headphone".

Result:

[B]Intel High Definition Audio:[/B]

Device ID:	0x1458A022
 Audio ID:	885
 Available Devices:
 Speaker:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 Line Out:
 Internal Microphone:
 Connection:	Internal
 External Microphone:
 Line In:
 Headphone:
 S/P-DIF Out:
 S/P-DIF In:

"[/b]Intel High Definition Audio:[/b]" : weird!

In "Audio MIDI Setup" 6 of the available 8 channels (3 streams) produced sound from the correct speakers (Multichannel, 5.1 Surround), and I created an aggregate for them and named it after my 5.1 speaker set Logitech Z-640.

But when playing an Audio CD, only subwoofer and center produced sound, although I had the aggregate selected in "System Preferences >> Sound" and VLC's "Audio >> Audio Device" menu item.

So I removed that LegacyHDA.kext, and from the "series of LegacyHDA 885 (ALC889a)" folder I tried the LegacyHDA.kext in folder "4outs2ins regular headphone".

Result: Lost 1x Line Out, and got 1x "Built-In Headphones" in return. But in "Audio MIDI Setup" only 4 of the 8 available output channels produced sound.

Headphones and 1x Line Out failed to produce sound. The One Line Out is as expected because that one is reserved for a 7.1 setup. Sigh, reverted back to the initial LegacyHDA.kext.

Answer: You should get 5.1 since your source is 5.1 and playing with VLC player. I don't think you will get 5.1 if you are playing an audio CD. I think AppleHDA.kext would not support analog 5.1 (maybe I am wrong).

I also get this error message during boot :

Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pciVendorProductID" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 2682 goto Exit

So i looked in "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist", and expected to see 283904133 ( 0x10EC0885 ) Gigabyte ALC889a.

But to my surprise everywhere in that file the PCIVendorDeviceID is set to something completely different than I expected :

<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key>
									<integer>282987200</integer>

282987200 = 0x10DE0AC0. 0x10DE = NVidia ?

I saw someone in this thread post# 298 - 300 patch his LegacyHDA.kext's Info.plist with this NVidia code, to rid off the error message, but I'm a bit reluctant.

I do not want to patch the Apple kept, but I also do not want to add a (wrong?) PCIVendorID to the LegacyHDA.kext's Info.plist.

Answer: For OS X 10.6, you need to edit info.plists of AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext and AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext. You don't need to edit info.plist of AppleHDAController.kext. Previously, I made LegacyHDA.kext that can be used in OSX 10.5.7 and OS X 10.6. Since Apple had improved something on AppleHDA.kext of OS X 10.5.8 and OS X 10.6.2, my old LegacyHDA.kext will get sound assertion of AppleHDAController.kext. So, I just remove BuiltInHDA from my LegacyHDA.kext for using in OS X 10.6.2.

TIA,

Robert

Answer: You should get 5.1 since your source is 5.1 and playing with VLC player. I don't think you will get 5.1 if you are playing an audio CD. I think AppleHDA.kext would not support analog 5.1 (maybe I am wrong).

You are not wrong. You are right. I consulted Big G after your response, and the instructions mostly involve a digital audio connection as mandatory. One of the results : http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...091118074715846

Time to start looking for a new set, which also works with a real Mac.

Answer: For OS X 10.6, you need to edit info.plists of AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext and AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext. You don't need to edit info.plist of AppleHDAController.kext. Previously, I made LegacyHDA.kext that can be used in OSX 10.5.7 and OS X 10.6. Since Apple had improved something on AppleHDA.kext of OS X 10.5.8 and OS X 10.6.2, my old LegacyHDA.kext will get sound assertion of AppleHDAController.kext. So, I just remove BuiltInHDA from my LegacyHDA.kext for using in OS X 10.6.2.

I already wondered about the relevancy of the last 4 pages of the pdf document with patch instructions.

Reading your reply I will only have to use the last 3 pages to be able to patch AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext and AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext.

I will do this when I'm home.

And I'll also check what ins and outs I will get from my GA-X48T-DQ6 by replacing the PinConfigurations in the DSDT with 0x00. Very curious to find out about this.

After that I will try to find a solution to the 5.1 "challenge" with AU Lab and Soundflower.

Maybe one day I will be an Audiophile like you.

OK, with the Property List Editor I copied the items from the Info.plist in LegacyHDA.kext to the Info.plist of AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext (2 items) and AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (1 item).

But now I'm getting this error message :

Mac-Pro:~ root# kextcache -v 1 -t -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
Can't read info dictionary for AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 15263.
Can't read info dictionary for AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 15263.

I could still see the Built In Audio Layout in System Profiler, but in System Preferences >> Sound, I could only see the 2 Soundflower devices at Output and Input, and the Alert Sounds are active.

I copied back the original AppleHDA.kext and re-did the patches, at different places in the item lists (start or end), but the same result at different "near line" numbers.

I looked on the net, but there is not much info about "Can't read info dictionary" to be found.

EDIT: BTW, I also did a Single User Mode boot, and re-built the kextcache from there. But I got the exact same messages.

Forgot to mention that I also removed the BuiltIn section from your LegacyHDA.kext, as per your your suggestion.

Will copy your original LegacyHDA.kext back to the /EFI/Extra directory to find out if that brings back the devices to System Preferences >> Sound.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I restored the original AppleHDA.kext and patched the DSDT file to replace the HDEF PinConfigurations with 0x00 and it made no difference. Exactly the same Layout is displayed in System Profiler as I reported earlier with the original patch from code.txt. :D

I left it like that.

Thanks so far for your help and the great info in this thread.

OK, with the Property List Editor I copied the items from the Info.plist in LegacyHDA.kext to the Info.plist of AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext (2 items) and AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (1 item).

But now I'm getting this error message :

Mac-Pro:~ root# kextcache -v 1 -t -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

I could still see the Built In Audio Layout in System Profiler, but in System Preferences >> Sound, I could only see the 2 Soundflower devices at Output and Input, and the Alert Sounds are active.

I copied back the original AppleHDA.kext and re-did the patches, at different places in the item lists (start or end), but the same result at different "near line" numbers.

I looked on the net, but there is not much info about "Can't read info dictionary" to be found.

EDIT: BTW, I also did a Single User Mode boot, and re-built the kextcache from there. But I got the exact same messages.

Forgot to mention that I also removed the BuiltIn section from your LegacyHDA.kext, as per your your suggestion.

Will copy your original LegacyHDA.kext back to the /EFI/Extra directory to find out if that brings back the devices to System Preferences >> Sound.

Any suggestions?

BTW, I restored the original AppleHDA.kext and patched the DSDT file to replace the HDEF PinConfigurations with 0x00 and it made no difference. Exactly the same Layout is displayed in System Profiler as I reported earlier with the original patch from code.txt. ;)

I left it like that.

Thanks so far for your help and the great info in this thread.

Just remove other unused Items.

Just remove other unused Items.
Done!

Deleting all the other items in AppleHDAPlatformDriver.kext fixed it.

The kextcache-cmd errors are gone.

So did the almost 4 minutes time out delay caused by it:

Feb 18 00:36:17 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro root[112]: sntp: getaddrinfo(hostname, ntp) failed with nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: Busy services :

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1 [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0 [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,2 [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,2/IOHDACodecDriver [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,2/IOHDACodecDriver/IOHDACodecFunction@1B,2,1 [1]

Feb 18 00:36:42 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro configd[13]: InterfaceNamer: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,2/IOHDACodecDriver/IOHDACodecFunction@1B,2,1/AppleHDACodecGeneric [1]

Feb 18 00:36:47 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro WindowServer[101]: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Feb 18 00:36:47 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.WindowServer[101]: Thu Feb 18 00:36:47 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[101] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.

Feb 18 00:36:48 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro loginwindow[82]: Login Window Started Security Agent

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 23

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 22

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 19

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 18

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 17

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 16

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 15

Feb 18 00:36:49 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro com.apple.notifyd[11]: EV_DELETE failed for file watcher 21

Feb 18 00:40:47 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro /usr/libexec/hidd[85]: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet

Feb 18 00:40:47 InToVectorss-Mac-Pro /usr/libexec/hidd[85]: IOHIDEventQueueCreate: Unable to allocate queue memory from IOHIDSystem. (0x10000003)

All devices are back in System Preferences >> Sound. And no more sound assertions.

tmongkol, thanks very much for your help. :D:angel:

This is what the "end" result looks like for the Realtek ALC889a on my GA-X48T-DQ6.

(Still going to waste some time with Soundflower(bed) and AU Lab though, to attempt a fix for my ageing analogue 5.1.

)

ALC889a-on-GA-X48T-DQ6-tmongkol.png

So the most up to date kexts require editing to work with 10.6.2? Or the instructions simply documenting the fix? Sorry if I missed that.

Also, what is the difference between "regular headphones" and "HDA headphones"?

EDIT: Needs an Edit, got it. =)

im on P55A-UD4P and I'm totally lost, i don't know how many post I have tried, various combinations, I ended up here from this post

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

im really lost, I believe I have ALC889 but that post brought me here cause I'm 55A ALC889. Can some point me right directions. so far I tried many combinations of HDenabler, AppleHDA, LegacyHDA in Extra folder been rebuilding both my mkext each time and tried different DSDT edits. please help spent like 3 hours a day for a week now on it.

board is P55A-UD4P, Bios F7

originally in System profiler i was getting ALC889 but now the Device ID is 0x1458A102 in system profiler

So the most up to date kexts require editing to work with 10.6.2? Or the instructions simply documenting the fix? Sorry if I missed that.

Also, what is the difference between "regular headphones" and "HDA headphones"?

EDIT: Needs an Edit, got it. =)

HDA headphones: if your front audio kit supports HDA, not only AC'97, front speakers (a rear green port) will be muted after you plug a headphone in.

Regular headphones: it will not automatically detect when you plug a headphone in. Most be using with a chasis/case that has only AC'97 audio header. You have to open Sound Preferences for changing your audio output.

That "how to patch" is for the next one.

im on P55A-UD4P and I'm totally lost, i don't know how many post I have tried, various combinations, I ended up here from this post

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

im really lost, I believe I have ALC889 but that post brought me here cause I'm 55A ALC889. Can some point me right directions. so far I tried many combinations of HDenabler, AppleHDA, LegacyHDA in Extra folder been rebuilding both my mkext each time and tried different DSDT edits. please help spent like 3 hours a day for a week now on it.

board is P55A-UD4P, Bios F7

originally in System profiler i was getting ALC889 but now the Device ID is 0x1458A102 in system profiler

According to WintonAce, a P55A Gigabyte user need to update bios for getting sound working. Did you try to update your bios?

To enable sound, you can use either DSDT w/ HDEF fix or HDAEnabler.kext.

You may need to edit layout-id in DSDT to be 889 (0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00) if you are using LegacyHDA.kext or patched AppleHDA.kext that has layout-id of 889, for example. If you don't have HDEF in DSDT, you can use HDAEnabler.kext (for 889). You also need to patch binary on the next one.

According to WintonAce, a P55A Gigabyte user need to update bios for getting sound working. Did you try to update your bios?

To enable sound, you can use either DSDT w/ HDEF fix or HDAEnabler.kext.

You may need to edit layout-id in DSDT to be 889 (0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00) if you are using LegacyHDA.kext or patched AppleHDA.kext that has layout-id of 889, for example. If you don't have HDEF in DSDT, you can use HDAEnabler.kext (for 889). You also need to patch binary on the next one.

my my post of trying various edits to DSDT and HDAenabler already different AppleHDA's and LegacyHDA combinations, i will have to check on that specific code you posted. And do more research to even know what you mean about patching binary.

my bios is F7 I have seen some say they have it working with F7c but I can't find it anywhere. does anyone have that ? I thought the F7 bios was more up to date and office and F7c was beta.

.......... my bios is F7 I have seen some say they have it working with F7c but I can't find it anywhere. does anyone have that ? I thought the F7 bios was more up to date and office and F7c was beta.
Official GigaByte Tech Support Forum has the latest BIOS files : http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

And you are right, F7c is a beta prior to F7, and accessible under the "GA-P55 - Previous BetaBIOS" link on the forum page I linked above.

I wouldn't go back if I were you, check and re-check your steps first. Good luck.

getting sound is easy

time went by and some progress was made.

If you have ALC8XY chipset, just try the following easy steps:

1.) get DSDTSE and extract a DSDT.file //it should have HDEF setting for your specific sound chip layout ID

all other non vanilla sound injectors must be removed

2.) get an proper "soundInjector" for your layout. These kexts are commonly called LegacyKexts.

you may add your device/layout ID into appleHDA; the injector kexts do nothing more than that

one may put the legacy kext into E/E or S/L/E, whatever you like.

3.) use appleHDA vanilla kexts (only the updated kexts for the Mac Pro 4,1 series do not work. their version no. is higher than 1.74a)

Ok, ... now the standrad procedure, fix permissions, update caches, ...or the easy way kext utility...

reboot

I have attached an injector for the ALC888 and here you can see the device settings that you should get through DSDTSE:

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

{

Return (Package (0x02)

{

0x0D,

0x05

})

}

{

Store (Package (0x0A)

{

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x01

},

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x10)

{

"Realtek ALC888X"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (0x28)

{

/* 0000 */ 0x10, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x01, 0x20, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x02,

/* 0008 */ 0x80, 0x30, 0x81, 0x01, 0x90, 0x40, 0x21, 0x02,

/* 0010 */ 0x30, 0x40, 0x11, 0x01, 0x40, 0x40, 0x01, 0x01,

/* 0018 */ 0x50, 0x60, 0x01, 0x01, 0x60, 0x20, 0x01, 0x01,

/* 0020 */ 0x70, 0x61, 0x4B, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x01, 0xCB, 0x01

}

}, Local0)

Return (Local0)

}

}

sound works

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

Finally got after 30 hours or so I use this LegacyHDAk.kext in the Extra/extentions http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941&st=660&p=1396674 in the Extra/extentions

with original 10.6.2 applehda.kext

and edited DSDT from tonys site specific to GA-P55A-UD4P

my bios is F8 now

that may have been the problem for me not sure but I thought I tried those steps already changing it from F7 to F8 and seems to be working can't be sure though I didn't try everything excact on F7 anyone else on my board try those steps and if you can't get it with F7 then it may need F8

thank you everyone for a, full running vanilla build now with GA-P55A-UD4P, i7 860 overclocked to 3.8, Geforce GTX 295, 8gb OCZ ram :rolleyes:

I've made a better LegacyHDA.kext for 889a sound.

No assertions, every port work but no "Digital Out" - AppleHda just can't handle so much ports.

You will have working :

Front HDA Mic

Front HDA Headphone (swapped with Green Line Out)

---

Back Mic

Back Line In

Back Digital In

Back Line Out (4 ports)

In DSDT you must enter this lines :

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0D, 
					0x03
				})
			}

{
				Store (Package (0x06)
					{
						"built-in", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x01
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

add LegacyHDA.kext in your /Extra/Extensions/ folder

The advantages of my LegacyHDA.kext that you will have "Ambient noise reduction" for MICs

and on ALL Line OUTs you will have CLEAR Sound with BASSES unlike other kexts that give you really bad sound without basses on lineouts...

The trick was to change in "pinconfig" all LineOuts to "Speaker"...

:P

P.S.

You can use with my LegacyHDA and VANILLA AppleHDA ALL types of surround sounds in Mac Os :

5.1 Surround

6.1 Surround

7.1 Surround

7.1 Rear Surround

---

Quadraphonic

Hexagonal

Octagonal

:)

post-130817-1267374986_thumb.png

post-130817-1267374992_thumb.png

post-130817-1267375010_thumb.png

post-130817-1267387630_thumb.png

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

My hardware:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 3.4GHz

Graphics: HD 4870 (1GB) (Albatron with custom double-cooler)

Memory: 4 GB Mushkin (2x2) @ 800MHz

Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (Onboard Sound)

Hard Drive: Western 640GB & 750GB (Sata 2)

Monitor: Samsung 206BW Syncmaster (1680x1050)

Keyboard: Microsoft Natural Elite 4000

Whoever helps me to install iAtkos v7 on this Computer with all features working (Graphics, Sound and Internet) without random crashes and Kernel Panic at every sleep will get an original Call of Duty 2 CD-Key or 10e via Paypal. The work will be done via Msn or iChat (got leopard via VMware).

try the current Hazard SL distro, the Snow Server distro.

1. leave server option empty

2. Kernel // as I dont use AMD, you have to find out which one is best yourself

3. BootLoader ChamRC3 PCIEFI 10.5

4. GFX Darwin 48X0 Injector

5. Audio -> start with VoodooHDA to get sound out

6. ChipSet -> AHCIInjector, ATAInjector // take a look at your mobo specs and to some googloing

7. Networks -> take a look at your specs, if you have a Marvel chipset use Yukon2, no legacy

8. Laptop empty

9. COMS ElliotForceLegacy

10. SATA_ATA_fix both legacy drivers

11. all, but fakesmc1, framebuffer, ioatafamily, orangeIcon, ps2, upstream, usbFix, switchres

Additional fonts, Rosetta, QT7, X11 all on

you may have a KP regarding IOATAFamily, or other, but if you are proactive you'll have your SL 10.6.2

Be proactive, i.e. do some research about your chipset. In your case your CPU too.

You may do this investigations, while downloading Hazard SL Server.

Burn the distro or even better use disk utility to "rerstore" it to a usb flash drive. in that case you have to install chamleon rc3 or similar to the flash driver.

try the options from above. Maybe your meanwhile investigations have increased your hacmac knowlage, and you know better options.

after installation start with verbose option ("-v") and wow you have your SL.

In case of KPs you may get back and search for some helping hand.

So, be proactive. An 10 bug award is not so invitational. :)

You should know that an average hourly rate for a computer science freelancer is not less than 55 euro bugs.

I am an freelancer and have just invested more than a quarter of an hour. that is 55/4 already more than than 10.

Just wanna say, that it might be a better way to show some more one's own initiative.

This site is supposed to be a forum to exchange experience, rather than a job site.

Try RentACoder :D

Tell use about any progress

Enclosed you may find the options that Hazard SL Server offers, so please investigate

post-508900-1267389559_thumb.jpg

I've made a better LegacyHDA.kext for 889a sound.

No assertions, every port work but no "Digital Out" - AppleHda just can't handle so much ports.

You will have working :

Front HDA Mic

Front HDA Headphone (swapped with Green Line Out)

---

Back Mic

Back Line In

Back Digital In

Back Line Out (4 ports)

In DSDT you must enter this lines :

Device (HDEF)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0D, 
					0x03
				})
			}

{
				Store (Package (0x06)
					{
						"built-in", 
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x01
						}, 

"layout-id", 
						Buffer (0x04)
						{
							0x75, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
						}, 

"PinConfigurations", 
						Buffer (Zero) {}
					}, Local0)
				Return (Local0)
			}
		}

add LegacyHDA.kext in your /Extra/Extensions/ folder

The advantages of my LegacyHDA.kext that you will have "Ambient noise reduction" for MICs

and on ALL Line OUTs you will have CLEAR Sound with BASSES unlike other kexts that give you really bad sound without basses on lineouts...

The trick was to change in "pinconfig" all LineOuts to "Speaker"...

;)

P.S.

You can use with my LegacyHDA and VANILLA AppleHDA ALL types of surround sounds in Mac Os :

5.1 Surround

6.1 Surround

7.1 Surround

7.1 Rear Surround

---

Quadraphonic

Hexagonal

Octagonal

:)

post-130817-1267374986_thumb.png

post-130817-1267374992_thumb.png

post-130817-1267375010_thumb.png

post-130817-1267387630_thumb.png

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

thanks so much for all your work, i tried this out and it does indeed give me all outputs. a bit of help though if you would - I can only get two outputs per output in sound preferences, getting them to play all together requires aggregate device.

But with this agg' device I can't seem to get iTunes to play through all speakers :s what am i doing wrong? it still only plays through the front two.

Hi guys,

i'm a newbie in thinks like build up a hackintosh.

I've been set up a hackintosh with the help of friendly users and this how-to: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208724

My hardware:

processor: Intel Core i7-920

RAM: 6GB Triple-Kit OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666

graphiccard: (ATI) XFC RADEON HD 4890 1GB DDR5 PCI-E 2.0

mainboard: ASUS P6T SE, Sockel 1366, ATX, DDR3

But the sound doesn't work and i get the sound not to work!

I've tried the newest voodoo hda with prefpane without success.

Some screenshots with voodoo:

Systemsettings >> Sound >> Output:

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/tonausgabe.png/

Systemsettings >> Sound >> input:

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/toneingabe.png/

Audio-MIDI-Setup:

http://img168.imageshack.us/i/audiomidisetup.png/

started voodooHDA:

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdastart.png/

after click on the round button:

http://img402.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdaclick.png/

Headphones:

http://img59.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdaheadphones.png/

Digital Out:

http://img522.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdadigitalout.png/

Microphone Front:

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdamicrophonefron.png/

Microphone Rear:

http://img246.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdamicrophonerear.png/

SPDIF out:

http://img411.imageshack.us/i/voodoohdaspdifout.png/

If anybody can help me...i'll be thankful forever in my hole life!

Thanks so much for ANY help!

thanks so much for all your work, i tried this out and it does indeed give me all outputs. a bit of help though if you would - I can only get two outputs per output in sound preferences, getting them to play all together requires aggregate device.

But with this agg' device I can't seem to get iTunes to play through all speakers :s what am i doing wrong? it still only plays through the front two.

it is iTunes problem ;)

VLC just works fine

I am not sure if this is the proper place for me to ask this question, but being on the verge of insanity i am just crossing my fingers.

What i have:

ep45-ud3p

Q6600 Intel QuadCore 2.4ghz

4x 2gig DDR2 1066mhz Ram

Sparkle 9800GTX+ Invidia graphics card

WD HD

I am now succesfuly running mac SL 10.6 (Installed using EP45-UD3P Lifehackers guide to SL hackintosh) with Zero issues accept i can not get sound to work!

Right after initial install sound worked fine but my mic input did not. I then decided to try and find a new kext that would make both my input and output work. Being relatively new to this, i am totally lost i have tried multiply kext's and i think im just plain not understanding something.

PLEASE HELP

I geuss the real question is what ketx's do i need and is there anything else i need to do other than install them?

Sound Solution for 889a for SL

needs DSDT patch

decompile your DSDT.aml to DSDT.dsl (you can use iaslme program. just drag your DSDT.aml on icon of iaslme)

Edit your DSDT.dsl file with textedit

a. search and replace all AZAL entires with HD

b. replace the whole section Device (HDEF) above the line : "Name (BUFA, ResourceTemplate ()" with the following:

[snip]

Save your DSDT.dsl and compile it to DSDT.aml (just drag it on icon of iaslme again)

put your patched DSDT.aml file in /Extra

put the attached 889a.kext (this is a combined plist) in /Extra/Extensions

[snip]

reboot and you´re done

You will have all inputs and outputs working (personally not tested digital) headphones no autoswitching

(has 2 sound assertions at boot)

Well this solution has given me some success!

I can now select audio from "Line Out", "Headphones" or "Digital Out" in the system prefs/sound but the rear sound comes from the BLACK o/p only. Front audio works when I select "Headphones" and I cannot test the "Digital Out"

I saw no evidence of any sound assertion errors.. is there a loge somewhere to check?

Now to see if I can improve on this...

EDIT - Audio in works from the REAR pink input only and I had to select "Internal Mic" in the system prefs/sound

tested with the generic ALC889a.kext in /extra folder

Here is my version which shows all in/outs in MacOSX 10.6.2, Newest AppleHDA kext v1.8.3fc1, You can no longer use DSDT audio inject, you can use it but it will no longer inject because AppleHDA is hardcoded, Even Legacy kext will no longer work.

A few of the names are mucked up but they are correct ports.

Output Tab:

Line out - Green

Headphones - Front Audio

Internal Speakers - Grey

Internal Speakers - Black

Internal Speakers - Orange

SPDIF-Out

Input tab:

None - Mic

None - Front Mic

Linein - Blue

Internal audio - SPDIF-In

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=68465

That's all i will be mucking around with for now, have to go back and catch up with study.

File is hardcoded for ALC888, But it's the same port configurations as ALC889a, Edit AppleHDA> goto Plugins folder > Dont edit controller, dont edit platform but edit the driver file > plist with your codec ID.

AppleHDA.kext > Contents > Plugins > AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext > Contents > Info.plist

IOKitPersonalities>

HDA Hardware Config Resource>

HDAConfigDefault>

0>

AFGLowPowerState>Data>03000000

CodecID>Number>283,904,136

ConfigData>Data>01471C10 01471D44 01471E01 01471F01 01571CF0 01571D11 01571E11 01571F41 01671CF0 01671D11 01671E11 01671F41 01771CF0 01771D11 01771E11 01771F41 01871C40 01871D9C 01871EA1 01871F01 01971C50 01971D9C 01971EA1 01971F02 01A71C4F 01A71D34 01A71E81 01A71F01 01B71C20 01B71D4C 01B71E21 01B71F02 01C71CF0 01C71D01 01C71E33 01C71F59 01D71C03 01D71DC6 01D71E05 01D71F40 01E71C30 01E71D61 01E71E4B 01E71F01 01F71CF0 01F71D11 01F71E11 01F71F41 This is where my pin config goes

FuncGroup>Number>1

LayoutID>Number>12 Must stay 12 because HDAEnabler injects using layout-ID 12.

READ THEKING's APPLEHDA POST TO GET YOUR CONFIGDATA.

Replace my config data with your config data.

For ALC889a the code ID is 283904133.

For ALC888 just use my AppleHDA already edit, ALC889a users will have to edit the above file themselves.