[Guide]Intel D945GCLF2 10.5.x Retail Installation

iSynapse

447 posts in this topic

I'm posting the linux codec dump from the D945GCLF2 with ALC662 audio. i havent tested this yet but thought i would share it in case anyone wants to give it a try with taruga's appleHDA patcher. I dont' think this approach has been tried, most people have tried using prebuilt applehda.kexts or 'drivers' from other boards with the same audio set. post results if you beat me to testing it out...

Thurst me it has and it didn`t worked....if u read the first 5 pages..there are several users (including me) who posted their dumps....I`m sorry but taruga`s patch didn`t worked with these dumps

I'll see if I can't get it manually then since I'm out of the hospital for a couple days...will probably fail miserably but will give it a shot... will post results

im also on a similar chase with IDT sound not fun! DG45ID :)

btw the uuidfix is incorporated to uinstaller aka universal installer ######.com

Just a heads up guys:

The VoodooHDA driver was released this weekend:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161638

This driver is supposed to greatly increase compatibility, and was generally considered the only hope for ALC662 since the normal method of mapping was not working.

I'm not home so I can't try it, but you'll apparently have to remove azalia to give it a show.

Can someone try it and let us know how it works?

First of all, huge thanks to iSynapse.

I was able to build my first hackintosh successfully.

It's pretty nice actually; it's cheap, performance is ok, small, etc. etc.

S-video is the only thing that bothers me.

Has someone fixed the s-video issue yet?

S-video only works when I start the computer with s-video.

But then, I can never use both TV and LCD at the same time.

Everything else is just fantastic!!

Just a heads up guys:

The VoodooHDA driver was released this weekend:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161638

This driver is supposed to greatly increase compatibility, and was generally considered the only hope for ALC662 since the normal method of mapping was not working.

I'm not home so I can't try it, but you'll apparently have to remove azalia to give it a show.

Can someone try it and let us know how it works?

with 0.2.2 mic shows up but it does not work.

From the threads that could find...about this issue..i understand that it works only if you keep the original video drivers and not the one from my package....give it a try and let us know if it's true...

from what i have been reading, the mobo itself will not allow both the vga and s-video to function at the same time. so you need to boot from the one you want to use. also, i have not seen a way to allow the changing of resolution on vga without causing the s-vdeo out to show only a blue or black screen. and for some reason the ability to change resolution has something to with getting kernel panics when trying to screen share. i played with it for a few weeks and finally gave up and spent $30 on a vga to s-video box. it all works fine for me now.

Has anybody had issues after loading the video kexts after reboot? When running through this quite I do the reboot at the end and I can see the desktop for a second then after that the screen goes black and all i can see is my mouse.

Thx to all of you;

I installed OS X serveur on that board to make my self a Server/media center.

I woeks 100% on VGA; but as soon as I try to put it on my TV; i get a blue screen. I can access my server from my Imac with screen sharing; but there is so image on the TV.

I intsalled the Kexts from the pakage.

Can any one help me; maybe it is a resolution issue; i tried 1260X1024; 800X600 and 1224X768 but ends up the same.

What can I do?

Thx

Has anybody had issues after loading the video kexts after reboot? When running through this quite I do the reboot at the end and I can see the desktop for a second then after that the screen goes black and all i can see is my mouse.

Thx to all of you;

I installed OS X serveur on that board to make my self a Server/media center.

I woeks 100% on VGA; but as soon as I try to put it on my TV; i get a blue screen. I can access my server from my Imac with screen sharing; but there is so image on the TV.

I intsalled the Kexts from the pakage.

Can any one help me; maybe it is a resolution issue; i tried 1260X1024; 800X600 and 1224X768 but ends up the same.

What can I do?

Thx

do not install the the video kext if you want to use s-video out, or you will get a blue or black screen.

How can I delete them??

And put the original ones

Cheers

go to system/ library/ extensions and del all the apple intell gma950 .kext files (i think there are 3)and most importantly del AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext. then use osx86tool to repair permissions and clear extensions cache.. reboot, and it should default back to the original.. if not, you may want to try a fresh install, and jut not install the video kext.

good luck.

It worked; I now get Video on the TV; but the resolution is {censored} (800X600) would be ok for TV i guess; but when i wanna use screen sharing it is just really tinny.

I also don't get images when i play a video; just sound.

In about that mac; video. It says no kext loaded (i didn't install any; but are they any Kext to make it better)

It worked; I now get Video on the TV; but the resolution is {censored} (800X600) would be ok for TV i guess; but when i wanna use screen sharing it is just really tinny.

I also don't get images when i play a video; just sound.

In about that mac; video. It says no kext loaded (i didn't install any; but are they any Kext to make it better)

best solution i found was to install the video kext and get a vga to s-video converter box. you cant switch between vga and s-video with out a reboot anyway, so no real loss... other than the $30 for more hardware .

Here is a modded DSDT.aml file for correct display of GMA950 graphics. No artefacts! QE/CI ok, Resolotion Change

I do not know if can be useful, i did it my onw, for me it works great! i did not found any here around..

bye

TEOZ

ENJOY YOUR D945GCLF2!

DSDT.aml.zip

I've had this board working fine for a few months. Audio out, sleep, etc. all works. But there's a serious performance problem. I can't even surf the web without hitting 100% CPU, Safari or Firefox. Can't even watch a small YouTube clip without it skipping and stuttering. It's running far worse than a G4 would.

I've had this board working fine for a few months. Audio out, sleep, etc. all works. But there's a serious performance problem. I can't even surf the web without hitting 100% CPU, Safari or Firefox. Can't even watch a small YouTube clip without it skipping and stuttering. It's running far worse than a G4 would.

Well what install methode did you use?

Mine is working just fine if you don't consider the S-Video, and i find the performance very impressive for the price of the board.

Mine is running way better that my old G4.

I run leopard server on it, and i does the job for a Home Serveur up to 6 or 7clients at a time.

I never notice any trouble with 100% CPU while testing ( Surf, itunes, iphoto...)

You might want to do a clean install and see.

I re-installed OS X on my serveur so i could get the S-Video and fix my "playing videos" problème.

You mean these were two separate problems? You had trouble playing videos and it wasn't related to the S-Video?

I did a clean install of 10.5.6 retail following this guide.