EEEPC 701 and LEOPARD 10.5.5 my dream now it's TRUE!

djoser

292 posts in this topic

Don't just think about it - Do it! :-)

That would be sooo great!

who says i haven't done it already ? :) . System install package is done, need to enhance the dvd now... any idea how to scale dvd installer.app ? Anybody know what file to modify ? I also have to build some scripts... enhancing performance from terminal is a pita (lots of searching doctor google ...)

Does this help:

If there is a com. file for that application, you can set the resolution from the command linejust for that application.

defaults write com.apple.SystemPreferences AppleDisplayScaleFactor .75

http://eeemac.blogspot.com/2009/03/getting...creen_3818.html

Also i like to show you my eeeMac gallery

http://ekkert.org/eeemac/Eee/EeeMac.html#0

i was one of the first person to install leopard on eeepc 701 (see tigeroneeepc forum) and i am very pleased that so great guys continue the work on eeepc 701. It's really a dream. Now our little hackbook is almost perfect. Anyway i'm still with 10.5.5: anyone can share 10.5.6 image? I became lazy :). Good work sama!!!!

problem is the location... i mean library/preferences hosts most preff files, but not for every app...

I'm thinking of creating one there , see if that works, but i don't have time now ( easter.. ). Anybody know exactly where (physically) those scale factors are stored ?

About resizing the installer GUI

I dont know how to build a install dvd so ill just contribute with what i have found so far.

System-wide interface scale factor:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...060119152725322

Maby this could be done to the installation image System. with ssh or from Terminal "Mac Install OS" Menu

defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleDisplayScaleFactor 0.8

Here you can maybe add programs to the installer menu if you want to put ScaleResolution.app there:

InstallImage/Volumes/B/System/Installation/CDIS/Mac OS X Installer.app/Contents/Resources/InstallerMenuAdditions.plist

Does this file tell you anything

Installimage/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

Today i soldered the mpcie port on my mainboard and had to realise that my internal ssd is not recognized in BIOS anymore *shock*

I read in some forums that sometimes the internal ssd gets deactivated when you plug a card into the slot... but i just soldered the slot.

So i removed the slot and the internal ssd appeared in BIOS again.

Now i'm insecure if my soldering job was not accurate enough ...although it WAS really accurate or if already the slot deactivates the internal ssd.

Anybody here who soldered the mpcie already?

Version 3 is out at the usual place.

Installer disk size is 1.61 GB (can be installed with a 2 GB stick :happymac: finally) plus some installer enhancements...

Install size is about 3.2 GB at most. Slim-able to about 3 GB.

Fully updatable (if u got the space).

It's not perfect, but hell ... it can't at that size.

Have fun customizing. Please post impressions/ suggestions. Next weekend i'll be working on a new version.

Great news!!!

What do you mean - fully updatable? Did you put kexts in /Extra folder?

Since it's already 10.5.6 and .7 did not come up yet, i mean all current updates... Either way, important kexts are marked red so u can play around but those kexts have to stay there. So take care.

Can't put in extra - not worth the try. But u can play around.

Excuse me, I'm experiencing a problem with the EEELeopard v3.1 ISO.

When I boot up the netbook (EEEPC 4G) on the USB DVD drive, it just reboots after a few seconds, before the installer even starts.

It reboots almost instantly if the "OS Installation" bios setting is set to "Finished".

If the "OS Installation" is set to "Start", it lasts a few seconds more but still reboots.

What can I do?

EDIT: IT {censored} WORKS NOW!

If you have my same problem, just update the BIOS.

Excuse me, I'm experiencing a problem with the EEELeopard v3.1 ISO.

When I boot up the netbook (EEEPC 4G) on the USB DVD drive, it just reboots after a few seconds, before the installer even starts.

It reboots almost instantly if the "OS Installation" bios setting is set to "Finished".

If the "OS Installation" is set to "Start", it lasts a few seconds more but still reboots.

What can I do?

EDIT: IT {censored} WORKS NOW!

If you have my same problem, just update the BIOS.

any one else not getting disk utility to work??

i'm using an external dvd.

Edit: found a old tiger disk...i got it installed... awesome work i noticed that the top bar disappear when you open a window is there a way to turn that off?

any one else not getting disk utility to work??

i'm using an external dvd.

Edit: found a old tiger disk...i got it installed... awesome work i noticed that the top bar disappear when you open a window is there a way to turn that off?

I know about the disk utility... It sometimes crashes because of the scaling process... To fix this, you could mount the iso readwrite with :

sudo hdiutil attach -owners on {drag iso to terminal} -readwrite

and remove com.apple.DiskUtility.plist from Library/preferences. Unmount and burn.

Also system preferences sometimes crashes in installed system. Remove com.apple.systempreferences.plist

About the hiding ... it's supposed to be a enhancement, not a bug ( to maximize screen space on some selected apps). If u want to undo, {show package contents} on the app, edit info.plist and remove the line with LSUIPresentationMode

Hi everybody,

First of all i would like to thanks all of you for your extraordinary work.

I've got a french eee 701 but its particularity is that it doesn't have mini pcie port. So i can't install a dell 1390 wifi card.

Is there any way to make the native atheros card work with the latest sama's 10.5.6 install ?

Hi everybody,

I've got a french eee 701 but its particularity is that it doesn't have mini pcie port. So i can't install a dell 1390 wifi card.

Is there any way to make the native atheros card work with the latest sama's 10.5.6 install ?

sorry, answer is no

I have not tried the rebranding process, but except for that, all other methods fail atm.

Edit: i tried it, it's not supported

Hi everybody,

i have the dell 1390 in my eeepc... i removed the atheros card.. can you not remove it and replace iti with the dell?

I know about the disk utility... It sometimes crashes because of the scaling process... To fix this, you could mount the iso readwrite with :

sudo hdiutil attach -owners on {drag iso to terminal} -readwrite

and remove com.apple.DiskUtility.plist from Library/preferences. Unmount and burn.

Also system preferences sometimes crashes in installed system. Remove com.apple.systempreferences.plist

About the hiding ... it's supposed to be a enhancement, not a bug ( to maximize screen space on some selected apps). If u want to undo, {show package contents} on the app, edit info.plist and remove the line with LSUIPresentationMode

awsome.... i understand its suppose to give you more screen size but i'd rather have the top bar visable then saving a 1/4" of the screen....

Proformance is amazing size is great.... thanks a million

Note:

Some 701 Eee's Specifically the 701SD. Have a realteck wireless card.

If your Eee is brand new and you think you might have the Realtek wireless card, you can try to search for RTL8187S on ThePi*****Bay for the utility.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2008/12/14/os...i-wind-released

This card is not a eee PC 701 standard wireless card. I only know that it comes with the 8GB EeePC701SD version sold in europe (Check the sticker on the bottom).

The Realtec Wireless Utility detects networks and connects easily.

The App Icon is FUgly tho :P

sama, what about sleeping issue in your last release? Is it working?

There's no reason it won't. Just that video card comes from sleep dimmed, so u gotta press Fn F4 to wake it back up. Either way, video drivers are replaced since last version, should give less artefacts, it's as close as possible to the real thing ( well not quite... i have not tried the dsdt patch yet).

It doesn't work for me in my eee900.

The installation is OK, including the disk utility, but later during the first boot I can see the mouse cusor for a second and then the screen becomes grey with a big black square on the left.

I guess it is some problem with the new graphics driver because if I press some keys I can hear some sounds from the system, but I still cannot see anything.

I tried to install it again removing the scaling tool from the options but I get the same result.

Has anybody else tried it on a eee900??

It doesn't work for me in my eee900.

The installation is OK, including the disk utility, but later during the first boot I can see the mouse cusor for a second and then the screen becomes grey with a big black square on the left.

I guess it is some problem with the new graphics driver because if I press some keys I can hear some sounds from the system, but I still cannot see anything.

I tried to install it again removing the scaling tool from the options but I get the same result.

Has anybody else tried it on a eee900??

Hi

Reboot in safe mode.

Run osx86tools/ add efi strings/gfx strings-->Intel gma950. copy generated string. Integrate to com.apple.boot.plist in extra at device-ids. Alternative: Efi studio.

Next, open library/preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist; delete from displaysets anything but the first item.

Reboot

If that don't work, remove ElliottAppleIntelGMA950LegacyEnabler.kext and install old driver.

Cheers.

Hey Sama,

writing this from my EEE with your new image installed !

Perfect Performance ...everything works great no big problems at the moment.

But there are some things i wanna get rid of:

missing OSD when using volume-keys and brightness-keys

presentationmode - taskbar (don't know what you meant with "app" in your previous post and how i get rid of that)

No sleep after closing the lid when running on battery power (sleep is essential) on AC sleep works perfect.

scaling doesn't work for me (rather i can't see that switching to 80% has an effec)

Will give you some more feedback as soon as possible! Need some time for testing and using.

Greetings Phil

1.missing OSD when using volume-keys and brightness-keys

2.presentationmode - taskbar (don't know what you meant with "app" in your previous post and how i get rid of that)

3.No sleep after closing the lid when running on battery power (sleep is essential) on AC sleep works perfect.

4.scaling doesn't work for me (rather i can't see that switching to 80% has an effect)

Hi

1. not possible yet. Fn keys act directly in Bios. Dunno why os x does not pick them up... Happens on some laptops. No solution yet. Use Spark

2. For example Preview.app. Right click on the application - show package contents. Open Contents/Info.plist with included Plist editor. Remove the line i mentioned.

3-4. Are you sure you have core image enabled ? (check in profiler). Try what i previously (#223) suggested. What exactly is your hardware?

Hi

1. not possible yet. Fn keys act directly in Bios. Dunno why os x does not pick them up... Happens on some laptops. No solution yet. Use Spark

2. For example Preview.app. Right click on the application - show package contents. Open Contents/Info.plist with included Plist editor. Remove the line i mentioned.

3-4. Are you sure you have core image enabled ? (check in profiler). Try what i previously (#223) suggested. What exactly is your hardware?

Thanks a lot!

So i have to delete the line on all apps individualy? No Problem if not ... cause i already did it with the most apps.

For some reasons sleep now also works on Battery-Power - Don't know why!

But after waking up i have to manually reconnect to the wifi-network! Wth your last image this happened automatically.

I remember that in your last image it worked with spark ...i'll give it a try.

Any idea how to scale down Photobooth so that it fits right on our screen?

Oh jep my hardware is a EEE 701 4g (1gb ram, dell1390 wifi) -> so nothing in particular