EEEPC 701 and LEOPARD 10.5.5 my dream now it's TRUE!

djoser

292 posts in this topic

Hi, I dont have a mac either but it wasn't a simple install I'm afraid. The v3 disk install appears to have disk utitlity disabled, therefore I couldn't erase the eee ssd to the correct format to install osx. I overcame this problem as I had another leopard disk that I had downloaded a few months ago, i used this to get to the point in the install where it allowed me to use disk utility and erase, then I restarted the machine and installed osx with the v3 disk.

I don't have access to an upload facility so I can't place the disk for you anywhere, sorry. I downloaded via torrent and left it up for a couple of days but I've removed mine seed now, sorry my internet connection isn't great anyway.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply ! At least you replied and tried it out...

I thought I was alone on this forum...... my God ! How frustating is it when you need some help from anybody on any occasion and you see no-one, for this or that reason, is able to help you out !!!!

Wish it never happens to you guys .... life is wise and I am sure you will receive what you're giving, that's for sure.

I am taking active participation on more than 20 different forums on several subjects and I must admit that THIS ONE IS THE ONLY ONE I RECEIVED NO HELP AT ALL FROM ANY OF ITS MEMBERS ! So sad....

Thanks anyway and I am now moving to other similar forums around...... hopefully to be more lucky !

Cheers and bye,

Sabrina

East of Spain

I thought I was alone on this forum...... my God ! How frustating is it when you need some help from anybody on any occasion and you see no-one, for this or that reason, is able to help you out !!!!

Wish it never happens to you guys .... life is wise and I am sure you will receive what you're giving, that's for sure.

I am taking active participation on more than 20 different forums on several subjects and I must admit that THIS ONE IS THE ONLY ONE I RECEIVED NO HELP AT ALL FROM ANY OF ITS MEMBERS ! So sad....

Thanks anyway and I am now moving to other similar forums around...... hopefully to be more lucky !

Cheers and bye,

Sabrina

East of Spain

I think you are in the wrong place if you want to give us morality lessons. Specially provided that you have not been patient enough to wait even a single day to get an answer.

Everybody in this forum is really friendly and helpful, so if you don't like it, just stay in your other 20 forums.

If sama agrees, I can upload the images to megaupload but I don't know if I am allowed to post the links here.

Cheers,

Griguol

Center of Spain

I think you are in the wrong place if you want to give us morality lessons. Specially provided that you have not been patient enough to wait even a single day to get an answer.

Everybody in this forum is really friendly and helpful, so if you don't like it, just stay in your other 20 forums.

If sama agrees, I can upload the images to megaupload but I don't know if I am allowed to post the links here.

Cheers,

Griguol

Center of Spain

Thanks griguol,

What you don't know is that b4 posting over here I pm to more than 15 people asking for it (including the same Sama) and that was more than one week ago. I am still keeping my nice Eee 8G on my table waiting for this help.... hehe...nobody was able to react to my kind asking..... very frustating indeed.....

It is obvious I would not post that msg if were not really disgusted..... anyway..... what to do ? But as already explained I am an experienced forums contributor and have never seen what I suffered over this one. Kindly believe me !

Nice to know you're also spanish !

Very best,

Sabrina

Thanks griguol,

What you don't know is that b4 posting over here I pm to more than 15 people asking for it (including the same Sama) and that was more than one week ago. I am still keeping my nice Eee 8G on my table waiting for this help.... hehe...nobody was able to react to my kind asking..... very frustating indeed.....

It is obvious I would not post that msg if were not really disgusted..... anyway..... what to do ? But as already explained I am an experienced forums contributor and have never seen what I suffered over this one. Kindly believe me !

Nice to know you're also spanish !

Very best,

Sabrina

Hey, I responded to your PMs! Be fair!

Hi

Sorry but the reason i deleted the torrent was because there were barely any downloads going. Sorry but no interest = no point for me to keep it alive. I really won't upload it again for the sake of one user.

Now if anyone else decides to reupload it anywhere, that's ok by me.

Also... as i already told you in my response (yes, i did try to help you kindly), once a 10.5.7 sse2 kernel comes up (go AnV go), there will be a updated version to download. That should not be so far away. Again, patience please.

drgonzo123

The v3 disk install appears to have disk utitlity disabled

no it's not disabled... it's just scaled and sometimes (not always) crashes at launch. I buit the final version (there were many intermediary versions) in under 12 hours and i was in a hurry, so sorry about it, diskutility sometimes crashing was an acceptable loss.

The fix is really simple, once you restore the image to a usb, delete com.apple.diskutily.plist (sorry i don't recall what exactly is the name of the file) from library/preferences. That's it... no rocket-science. Also i told you in the readme how to rebuild your custom iso, including this fix.

Some users with eee901 experince trackpad problems, dunno why, but it is related to voodoops2; solution: delete all voodoops2 related kexts(pacifist the original package, track down and delete all included kexts), reinstall. If that don't fix it, sorry, i'll have to make it so you have a option to choose between old driver and voodoo driver in next version - but please tell me if it works, so i know if/what to include... Requests are of-course welcomed...

Cheers and bye,

Sabrina

East of Spain

Sabrina,

i can't understand why you're so hackled up. :(

I also answered to your pm and told you that i won't be home for the next days and would upload it a soon as possible if no one else could help you before.

I also think that talking of other forums being better in your second post is a misbehaviour.

Maybe you should think about telling people that you're sorry or better change the forum.

I think this is not the way we want to communicate here.

But everybody gets a second chance ...so go for it.

Phil

Some users with eee901 experince trackpad problems, dunno why, but it is related to voodoops2; solution: delete all voodoops2 related kexts(pacifist the original package, track down and delete all included kexts), reinstall. If that don't fix it, sorry, i'll have to make it so you have a option to choose between old driver and voodoo driver in next version - but please tell me if it works, so i know if/what to include... Requests are of-course welcomed...

It doesn't work for me either in my eee900, so it would be really nice to be able to choose the old driver in a future release.

/griguol

once a 10.5.7 sse2 kernel comes up (go AnV go), there will be a updated version to download.

just stumbled across a news on MacLife.de 10.5.7 improves battery runtime on Hackintoshs

This article is in german but in short it says that some of the wind-users reported a improved battery-runtime from 3.45h to over 5h with the 10.5.7 update.

Also found the original article on MSI WIND.net

Sounds VERY interesting!

Greets Phil

Hi there people!

Just one quick question:

Will there be an option to choose wich video driver you install?

Only asking because my EEE 900 didin´t work with your last version (3.1, downloaded a "long" time ago..), and not knowing how to enter in safe mode to change to older version of video .kext (and read somewhere here that it cant be done..discouraging any further pursuit..), and not having time/wanting to return to your previous version (wich, despite many atempts, didn´t have sound..hehe..but was by far the best OS..), i´ll know if it´ll be any good download and install latest version, or rather just re-install v2..

Thanks and keep up the good woork! :)

:D

Tchau

edit : ops..didn´t see 2 posts above..

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you guys also followed the WWDC yesterday! The new Snow-Leopard could be a breakthrough regarding the installation size!

I heard that Snow-Leopard should be 6gb smaller than Leopard. Leo needed 8gb so Snowleo should just need about 2gb (!!!!) If we can kill some language-files it'll be even smaller!

Hey Sama... have you thought about giving it a try? I'd support you as soon as i finally have a internet-connection in my new flat.

Greetings from Munich

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if you guys also followed the WWDC yesterday! The new Snow-Leopard could be a breakthrough regarding the installation size!

I heard that Snow-Leopard should be 6gb smaller than Leopard. Leo needed 8gb so Snowleo should just need about 2gb (!!!!) If we can kill some language-files it'll be even smaller!

Hey Sama... have you thought about giving it a try? I'd support you as soon as i finally have a internet-connection in my new flat.

Greetings from Munich

Phil

i have not seen (so far) any mentions that sl would be capable to run on a 32-bit only machine (only that it would be capable of running 32-bit apps.)

if it does, and when/if a sse2 kernel will become available for SL, the rest is 'piece of cake'. But to have a kernel, we need official release, with our great osx86 genius-devs having sources at disposal. That will make such a release come around October/november...

firstly Sama, thank you very much for an easy to install EeeLeopard v3 - the release is excellent and working very well on my machine (with apps on an 8GB SD card). I have just one problem with it. When I am streaming video or music, the sound and image will stutter slightly from time to time, is this because I am using Leopard on a 630mhz processor or is it the sound driver? Can anyone recommend a 900mhz BIOS? The only one I can find will not work with my Eee :-(

Regarding Snow Leopard on the 701.... Snow is very nice, and I cannot wait to try it on my Hac, but most of the features are a bit pointless on the 701:

64bit? nope

Grand Central (multithreading optimisation)? nope

OpenCL? nope

Exchange Support? perhaps...

Although I can see increased shut down/suspend speed being nice...and its nice to keep things current ;)

When I am streaming video or music, the sound and image will stutter slightly from time to time, is this because I am using Leopard on a 630mhz processor or is it the sound driver? Can anyone recommend a 900mhz BIOS? The only one I can find will not work with my Eee :-(

never ming, it is not worth the trouble to flash bios to real clock... (battery down, hearing processor ventilator, heating up, etc.) But have you tried this ? It works mirracles...

Regarding Snow Leopard on the 701.... Snow is very nice, and I cannot wait to try it on my Hac, but most of the features are a bit pointless on the 701:

64bit? nope

Grand Central (multithreading optimisation)? nope

OpenCL? nope

Exchange Support? perhaps...

Although I can see increased shut down/suspend speed being nice...and its nice to keep things current :D

at this moment i really don't see a hacker decoding the whole 64 environment to run sse2 only ( that will be the end of the sse2 era). Also no benefits in using the snow over leopard on lesser hardware= no need

I had seen GMAbooster, but you have just reminded me! I will try it out. Any solutions for the sound?

re: 64bit - Snow still has a 32bit kernel and userland, so it SHOULD be able to run SSE2s given the right prodding and poking! I fear that 10.7 will be 64bit only and my Macbook will be up for retirement :-(

Snow on our Eees might actually be an improvement you know, intel optimisation and so forth...

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say, I downloaded the eeeLeopard v3.1 image and installed it on my Eeepc 701 4g,

it runs very nicely in fact.

I bought a netgear wg111 (version 3) adaptor and installed the latest (netgear) driver, and the wireless works well on it, albeit through the connection utility, not airport.

I had no end of kernel panics and crashes trying to get the onboard atheros wifi to work, but after uninstalling those kexts the system is stable and I may even investigate and see if I can upgrade/mod the ram/HD or fit a pci adaptor,

cos having osx on a computer this portable is absolutely fantastic!

Many thanks to all of those who have worked on this project, especially to sama for making it so easy to install on my 701, even tho i am indeed a noob to the max.

Cheers!

Just wanted to say, I downloaded the eeeLeopard v3.1 image and installed it on my Eeepc 701 4g,

it runs very nicely in fact.

I bought a netgear wg111 (version 3) adaptor and installed the latest (netgear) driver, and the wireless works well on it, albeit through the connection utility, not airport.

I had no end of kernel panics and crashes trying to get the onboard atheros wifi to work, but after uninstalling those kexts the system is stable and I may even investigate and see if I can upgrade/mod the ram/HD or fit a pci adaptor,

cos having osx on a computer this portable is absolutely fantastic!

Many thanks to all of those who have worked on this project, especially to sama for making it so easy to install on my 701, even tho i am indeed a noob to the max.

Cheers!

Glad to hear you got it working. I was looking for the v3.1 image but I was unable to find it online.

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings Fron Italy guys!

I'm Looking for the eeLeopard v.3.1. but it seems impossible t find!Someone can p.m. me with some infos?Tnx a lot!

Yeah, I'm looking for that too, i dont' even mind if someone have v2 so i can try...i just want 10.5.7 and iphone sdk on :)

right, thats why you have to use bios 0511 and overclock to 900mhz

I wish someone would take an Acronis image of their Eee install and put it on torrents. Because I cant do my own build due to my Desktop having SCSI drives and other hardware that confuses ideneb.

Also if they used Xslimmer and Pacifist, they might be able to get it down to below 4gb or 4gb and move the swap to a ramdisk :P

did anybody do this? I'd love to see an acronis image, maybe stripped down to 4GB and ready to be installed on the internal SSD.

I hope anybody did try this in the meanwhile.. :)

btw: is there a working tiger distro in the meanwhile? uphuk 10.4.9 maybe? I'd be happy with a working tiger as well..:P

• 4 weeks later...