EEEPC 701 and LEOPARD 10.5.5 my dream now it's TRUE!

djoser

292 posts in this topic

Djoser, many thanks for a technique - my 904hd have now Leo.

The truth is one nuance. Fix ICHxFixed it is necessary without fail, differently the computer will not see root device. And ACPI-Fix categorically it is not necessary. With it Os fades in unpredictable points at loading.

Excuse for my English. I know how to read, I do not know how to write - Russian bear... :())

Hi YureZzZ,

Thanks for your reply - now I did get some images. sorry for the quality;

Here are the pics:

From what I can see there - ACPI is your trouble, troubl. :P

Did you choose ACPI-Fix in Customize page during install? If yes, boot with -x and see if it boots. If it does then go to /System/Library/Extensions/ and delete kexts which has ACPI in their name. After that boot with -f once. Should be fine.

If you didn't choose that, then reinstall again and select it.

Thanks for the hint but what do you mean by: "Did you choose ACPI-Fix in Customize page during install?"

As far as I got the instructions I have not the foggiest idea how I can get to the customize page during install and how to choose ACPU-Fix; ist that by the way the energy management?

Sorry, for this post but I am new.

Now I googled around and found something about APCI in the forum. But the ACPI fix is a post installing process as far as I got it. But I don´t get the install screen at all. I just got the grey screnn with the apple logo but no further.

:)

Sorry guys but i've been fighting with my eeepc since my last post... apparently hooking up an external monitor so you can see what the 800x480 screen cuts off so you can actually click missing buttons will render you eeepc use less.... it some how corrupted my install now i can't get it to boot... so it looks like i'm forced to format and once again reinstall.... aagh.

Dear UnaClocker,

Dear YureZzZ,

Thanks for the reply - but after hours of searching I could found no Boot-132-ISO with ACPI Fix and I also found no how to do for a newbe, like me, to create a Boot-CD with ACPI Fix.

So I got STUCK - please HELP me.

which read/write-speed should the ssd have to run leopard smoothly ?

My plan is to buy one of those mPCIe SSDs on ebay and plug them into the second mPCIe-bay of my eeePC 701 4g

Is it possible to install leopard on this "second" drive an boot from that or might it even be too slow like those sdhc cards and stuff?

Thanks in advance,

phil

Dear All!

I did it finally and installed iDeneb on EeePc S101 (16Gb SSD). YES it works - THANKS to your comments and help so far, especially to YureZzZ.

I am enthusiastic and it is really fast on EeePC S101. I compared it directly, side by side, with a MacBook Air. The S101 is not quite as heavy and starts up at the same speed. Word 2008 starts more quickly.

But the WLAN is not working (AzureWave).

Ethernet LAN and time machine - I didn´t try

Bluetooth works

Sound works with the Fix described at eeepc-net (http://eeepc.net/sound-issue-resolved-for-os-x-eee-pcs/).

Graphics is still a problem - got only 800x600 - and even with ResSwitch - I could not change the resolution to 1024x600 ... no idea about that???

I will try OsX86 10.5.6 final and there might be better results with the new drivers - I will keep you up to date to my project S101 - it seems possible and it might be a nice alternative. But I would still be more on the legal site and install original Retail DVD of OsX with a boot CD which seems still not to be possible - at least for me.

@ troubl 

I'm just trying to get a resolution better then 800x480 because its seems to be that alot of program need atleast 800X600 so you can click the agree buttons or the continue buttons... i looked at the D4ftpunk page and wasn't really sure what i was looking for can yo uclarify.. also what verson of OsX86 10.5.6: are you using

Here are the Details:

iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 (Final) ISO file

thanks to D4ftpunk the additional kernel extensions download available in his forum S101 (VGA fix for GMA950 included)

S101 not functioning

VGA out

Ethernet

WIFI orignial card (AzureWave NE771)

everything else is working!

For those of us that do not have a working version of OS X on a computer i have found a solution... download Macdrive 7 (http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/) it will allow your windows computer to view a mac partition and read/write to it. �you can also format in the mac format...

the DMG file must be on a mac drive

After you format a usbdrive as a mac partition (minium size 8gb) you can now copy over the DMG file that keatonreckard made for us.

Instert any OS X install dvd... boot it up

Go into the Disk Utility

Select your Destination drive(in my case it was an 8gb SDHC card) Format it

then click the restore tab... it will ask for the source file, which is the DMG file keatonreckard made which is now on your USB drive. �Then drag over you destination drive to the Destination drive...�

Click restore and wait the 45 mins for it to copy

To make it bootable

This is where i'm stuck

• 2 weeks later...

well... good news for eee 701

i managed to slim down keatonreckard's image of leopard to 3.6 GB... The permissions are a mess(fixed most, some suid errors remain, no effect on performance), but it works

it does boot on a sd card, now i gotta get it to be a installer so as to have a easy way to install to the native ssd. I know i gotta use instahackintosh, just need to figure a way

that is after i fix all the drivers: keatonreckard's image does not have working qe/ci, also does not recognize usb mouse -> fixed

stay tuned :(

post-7528-1234713549_thumb.png