Finally: PCEFI V9 released today

djmastera2000

89 posts in this topic

Netkas,

Heads up. USB ports on front panel aren't waking up for some people like myself.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

-Stell

Hey Stella,

try to check BIOS setup i had the same in my asus then i enabled hand ehci (some like that...i dont rememb..) and it wrked!

Hey people, a little help here...

I've changed manually the boot file in usr|standalone|i386 with the EFI9 boot file, everything is working here, just like the old efi8 boot file... my method is right?

I can't remember how to install the pcefi, long time using the efi8 and i forget how to make it...

Hey Stella,

try to check BIOS setup i had the same in my asus then i enabled hand ehci (some like that...i dont rememb..) and it wrked!

EHCI ports are fine, UHCI ports will not wake up. So my usb audio devices won't play nicely. I believe these are devices that run in USB 2.0 only.

-Stell

Hi, this is my report.

If go to Deep Sleep (hibernate mode 3), then wake up normally , but when I shut down the system I get a Kernel Panic an AppleHDA audio.

Reboot works fine after go to hibernate, but shut down not.

I'm using DSDT.aml override(WinXP Option) and Vanilla ACPIPlatform 1.2.1 and OpenHaltRestart.kext

If I use DSDT.aml (Darwin option) at wake up lost USB Keyboard.

I'm using DSDT.aml override(WinXP Option)

when it asks you which system to overide you must choose XP?

cause i choosed OSX, if i choose XP it will copy my settings from there? (that are correct)

or it will destroy the XP partition?

i just wonder why pcefi says hibernate error at boot

when it asks you which system to overide you must choose XP?

cause i choosed OSX, if i choose XP it will copy my settings from there? (that are correct)

or it will destroy the XP partition?

i just wonder why pcefi says hibernate error at boot

Here`s the link with this recomendation

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...683&st=211#

Post 212

Thats worked for, may not work for you.

thanks i'll try now xp or vista emulation and i'll post back

edit: both xp&vista =same results

dsdt loading succesfully+intelcpupowermamagement

but efi9 complains at boot about hibernate failure ...

maybe someting in my bios?

i have everything off except "execute disable bit:enable"

plug&play system:enable

memory remap:disable

acpi/apic:enabled

s3 only

ahci disks

look, those are for the cpu, as i said all are disabled ,execpt execute disable bit:enabled (this is not mine setup pic..found in google)

bios2jo3.jpg

Hey Stella,

I think the BIOS item you are referencing is called 'EHCI Handoff' - not sure if your DFI Lanparty board has a similar option in BIOS?

Intel mention it in section 5.1 of the following link on page 121 -

Click here for link to Intel PDF

also this message seems relevant -

USB EHCI Handoff Boot delay issue

I vaguely remember that there may be better USB driver kexts out there or you can add your specific chipset device IDs to an info.plist or something?

I think the BIOS item you are referencing is called 'EHCI Handoff' - not sure if your DFI Lanparty board has a similar option in BIOS?

Intel mention it in section 5.1 of the following link on page 121 -

Click here for link to Intel PDF

also this message seems relevant -

USB EHCI Handoff Boot delay issue

I vaguely remember that there may be better USB driver kexts out there or you can add your specific chipset device IDs to an info.plist or something?

YES IT IS!!!!

in my ASUS P5W DH Deluxe BIOS 2704 can be switched ENABLED or DISABLED

i had same probs then stella, i went in to BIOS and i switch it ENABLE and TAH DAH!!! all is working....

Guys i have some problem with signature..

post-234093-1227026756_thumb.jpg

check attached screen with my problem. anybody know how to solve it. i'm running Acer Aspire laptop is it any different for all those features like DSDT and Deep Sleep stuff ??

PCEFIv9 loads successful but what about rest of included feature ? what should be done to make it works ??

please let me know

greetings

Hy all,

I've succed to boot Snow Leopard with this new version off EFI. Thanks for all Netkas.

But i'm having real troubles with AppleAHCIPort.kext. Evry time it loads i have a kernel panic. Any ideas??

I also got problems with my GFX, at the momment neither EfiString or NVKush are working!!

Thanks.

Finally all is working fine.

I,ve installed boot(PCEFIv9) with Chameleon for HD installer(replacing the boot file)

I use DSDT.aml file, choosed 0Darwin while compiling with -newHPET option.

Set Hibernate mode to 3

$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

I'm using AppleACPIPlatform version 1.0.3 in my /Extra/Extensions

No more AppleHDAudio kernel panic in Shutdown after wakeup.

USB OK after wakeup.

Now I´ll try differents options, like AppleACPIplatform 1.2.1 and Hibernate mode 3.

Ditto on the sleep image garbage...

CPUintel is loading with my dsdt.aml, but when I go to deep sleep, everything powers down as before, but will not fast wake to desktop when power is cut (Deep sleep)...

Added kexts

AppleHDA.kext

openhaltrestart1.0.3.kext

applesmbiosefi.kext

Using EFI strings for video / audio / network

I'm having a small problem but don't know if it's a real problem...

During boot Darwin says I have a 14mb VESA3.0 video card (NVIDIA) (it's a 256mb geforce 8400gs)

I had this problem since my 7300gs died last month and now my new 8400 is detected that way.

Using OSX is possible but it's really slow after a while (my old 7300 felt much much much faster), I'm using EFI string and in system profile it says the correct amount of video ram.

Any tip would be really appreciated.....

I dont recognized any improvements between PCEFI and Chameleon ... using Chameleon right now.

Major new feature of V9: with your chameleon version (today version) you cant use Snow Leopard!!!

Today you will not need that, but 1Q/2Q 2009 you need an new chameleon or this V9 to let it Snowing on your PC!

@eMatoS -- You're fine. don't worry about it.

It is a longshot but that's the only thing that changed in my system since I switched my video cars and it's very slow now, compared to the 7300 and it shouldn't be.

Thanks kramer2k for the answer.

Major new feature of V9: with your chameleon version (today version) you cant use Snow Leopard!!!

Today you will not need that, but 1Q/2Q 2009 you need an new chameleon or this V9 to let it Snowing on your PC!

EFIV9 built on chameleon code. hopefully its src relased soon. never know where next great developer will come from and what bit of code sends them to the top.