Finally: PCEFI V9 released today

djmastera2000

89 posts in this topic

depends on what version u use, v9 was updated in 24h after release, to make errors output more informative

with new one, if it says - bad header signature - then it means sleepimage isnt valid anymore (e.g. old one, already used)

and sleepimage has garbage - means osx faield to create proepr sleepimage.

i use last one from your site netkas.org so i think is fresh one.

as it goes about sleepimage i tried create new one. and after that also appears same problem with signature.

i checked Secure Virtual settings also and matched right option for pmset command but it won't works.

what about CPU ? did you have any idea what can help ?

My fault!

With netkas PCEfi V9 it boots just fine, since it regards my Extra folder ...

Thx a lot for hints and esp. Netkas for the hard work !!!!!!!

Ok, solved it.

now chameleondebug starts over, BUT:

i cannot get to my desktop, i´m stuck at a bluescreen with mousepointer :rolleyes:

Any conclusion for that???

My fault!

With netkas PCEfi V9 it boots just fine, since it regards my Extra folder ...

Thx a lot for hints and esp. Netkas for the hard work !!!!!!!

Ok, solved it.

i cannot get to my desktop, i´m stuck at a bluescreen with mousepointer ;)

Ok, solved it.

i cannot get to my desktop, i´m stuck at a bluescreen with mousepointer :(

• 2 weeks later...

I still get a Kernel panic when using efi version 9. I have to have cpupowermanagementdisable.kext installed or delete AppleCpuPowermanagement.kext. If I remove the kexts listed in my sig from the default extensions dir to the extra/extensions folder with a DSDT.aml and AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext in default dir and just get black screen... Looks like it wants to work this way but just hangs with black screen. Before I get crazy on trying to get AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext to work, what is it purpose? Is is just to regulate power consumption...? If so I could care less. I'm not using a laptop.

Tried that... Still getting kernel panic with cpupower.....kext

UPDATE>>>>

Recompiled with -newHPET argument and copied dsdt.aml to /DSDT.aml

Removed cpupowermanagementdisabler.kext.... Rebooted....... with -v.... Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext initialized successfully......

I suppose a step by step howto is out of the question. I've downloaded and run DSDT.zip - I've got chameleon here but no clue what to do with it ! I have a Gigabyte mobo with only Leopard 10.5.4 installed. No Windows of any description and EFIv8 afaik. What now ? In English please would be nice.

Thanks guys :D

ZEN

Use DSDT patcher gui to create dsdt.aml (patcher)

Then use Universal OSx86 installer for applying pc_efi v9, efi strings and various other patches.

Using both programs is pretty easy, but you must create a plugin for your motherboard for universal installer (it's easy, instructions come with the installer).

1. Run dsdt patcher, it will create a dsdt.aml

2. Create plugin for installer (see manual that comes with the proggie) and copy it in *installer's foleder*/Motherboards/

3. Run installer, select a drive for patching and the plugin you just created

4. Select apply dsdt patch and install pc_efi v9 options

5. Click install

Teseted it personally few minutes ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions about the extra folder.

I moved the following kexts to the extra folder on my test paqrtition.

dsmos

openhaltrestart

hdaenabler

My system does not seem to load the kexts so I thought I would ask the following basic question.

What kexts should I put in the extra folder and how should I put them there? Obviously I missed something.

EDIT: I figured it out. I used PCWIZ~ mkext tool to generate an extension.mkext that i placed in the extra folder. Success. Can I do this with all of the kexts that i use or are there certain types that I should not put in there.

Thanks

Question about Deep Sleep:

I use chameleon + dsdt and S3 Mode (Susped to RAM) - works good.

I tried (4 weeks ago) PCEFI V9 but my GA-EP35 didnt wake up.

Whats that option for NOWAKE (an special V9 option) for ?

Can V9 work same as chameleon (S3 Mode, Suspend to RAM), not that deep sleep with making an sleepimage/reload that at wake ?

DSDT doesn't load for me... I made a picture of the screen and there's nothing about DSDT even if the file is the root folder. About the sleep, it says

starting hibernate

sleepimage is already used

and of course sleep doesn't work at all... any idea?