Gigabyte's Nvidia 9400 powered M-ATX MOBO

stellarola

643 posts in this topic

I see - according to this test I have the shared memory issue after all, though other than this test, I haven't seen any evidence of the problem.

Regular computing doesn't seem to be affected by the memory issue this board has, but when you start dealing with larger files the results can be pretty frustrating. Did your screen snow when you ran the memtest? What kexts are you using? With my setup I end up with snow when running onboard video with 4 gigs installed. It doesn't matter what kexts I use. But this is a board bought back in December.

I can't believe this board is so popular. Who would have thought back in Decemeber that this discussion would be this persistent.

I can't believe this board is so popular. Who would have thought back in Decemeber that this discussion would be this persistent.

Especially with the ASUS P5N7A-VM being so much more (reportedly) trouble free (the 4GB+ working and near vanilla install from 10.5.5+ DVD or 10.5.5+ MBP Restore DVD).

Especially with the ASUS P5N7A-VM being so much more (reportedly) trouble free (the 4GB+ working and near vanilla install from 10.5.5+ DVD or 10.5.5+ MBP Restore DVD).

Well you know, it is what it is. Some of us bought this board and would like to see it fully functional. I personally don't care to hear anymore about the ASUS board. I prefer Gigabyte mobos in general and a separate thread was created to discuss the ASUS board. Have ball and gloat all you want over there.

OTOH, if you all are sick of hearing anything at all on this thread, we can move the discussion to my guide thread (linked in my signature). That was one of the reasons I created it after PMing Stell.

Well you know, it is what it is. Some of us bought this board and would like to see it fully functional. I personally don't care to hear anymore about the ASUS board. I prefer Gigabyte mobos in general and a separate thread was created to discuss the ASUS board. Have ball and gloat all you want over there.

OTOH, if you all are sick of hearing anything at all on this thread, we can move the discussion to my guide thread (linked in my signature). That was one of the reasons I created it after PMing Stell.

It's funny that you should say that I'm gloating because I own neither. The only hackintosh I have is my MSI Wind U100. I've been holding out on the ASUS board in hopes of this board having its RAM issues solved. And in fact, I applaud you for taking the time to organize the info gathered in the dozens of pages of postings into a concise HowTo guide.

Sorry, didn't mean to target you or anyone in particular. Gloating is the wrong word, more like reveling in the fact that whoever has the ASUS doesn't have the same issues those of us with this board do.

That said I still think we'll get this thing working.

It's funny that you should say that I'm gloating because I own neither. The only hackintosh I have is my MSI Wind U100. I've been holding out on the ASUS board in hopes of this board having its RAM issues solved. And in fact, I applaud you for taking the time to organize the info gathered in the dozens of pages of postings into a concise HowTo guide.

Hi Everybody, I think it's really hard to have a clue what is the straight forward solution to get this MB done isn't it?

I've got everything working and here's how I did to everything.

EFI v8 Patched a Clean 10.5.6 disk original from my MacBook (Aluminum Unibody)

Dropped NVkush, AppleSMBIOSEFI, OpenHaltRestart, IntelCPUPMDisabler, HDA889a 10.5.6 fix(HDAEnabler & AppleHDA) into /S*/L*/E*/

Done!

QE CI Audio LAN works out of original files. NO DSDT!!!!!

Remember Don't Need to waste your time to update, patching anything extra.. i.e. DSDT!!!! BIOS!!!! LOL

I've 4GB of memory and it's working fine!

I've even overclocked it from 2.4GHz to 3Ghz.

Power shows the latest compliant power saving edition (via System Preferences THE LIGHT BULB)

Check Attachment for what it looks...

Enjoy

post-72342-1241252248_thumb.png

It seems to be working, like all the others. But in fact it's not.

If you fill your RAM it will corrupt graphics and KP.

For the power icon, in 10.5.6, everyone get this icon.

Not all of mine, I've 26 Hac running 10.5.6 only 5 of them shows up this Bulb.

No Graphic Issues at all with this yet. Tested FCPS2 with RT Unlimited editing 1920x1080P60 . Not a single crash.

Best to stay off unneeded hacking..

The reason for all you guys panic is because too much junk kexts, permissions, or lags of fsck -fy LOL

Still trying to figure how do I upload my 28GB MacBook UNI.. Once it's there, I'll let know.

post-72342-1241299225_thumb.png

Not all of mine, I've 26 Hac running 10.5.6 only 5 of them shows up this Bulb.

No Graphic Issues at all with this yet. Tested FCPS2 with RT Unlimited editing 1920x1080P60 . Not a single crash.

Best to stay off unneeded hacking..

The reason for all you guys panic is because too much junk kexts, permissions, or lags of fsck -fy LOL

Still trying to figure how do I upload my 28GB MacBook UNI.. Once it's there, I'll let know.

yhX.

Congrats to your working system. Could you try to -for example- zip a folder containing two 900 meg files or similar. After that try mrosxnoobs mem test that was posted here a few weeks ago.

If your system doesn't "snow" on any of them you don't have the problem.

I'm really curious about your success.

Could you try to -for example- zip a folder containing two 900 meg files or similar. After that try mrosxnoobs mem test that was posted here a few weeks ago.

If somebody could tell me where to get these files and where I have to paste them, I´ll wolud do a test with my machine. :D

NVkush, AppleSMBIOSEFI, OpenHaltRestart, IntelCPUPMDisabler, HDA889a 10.5.6 fix (HDAEnabler & AppleHDA) into /S*/L*/E*/

yhX.

Congrats to your working system. Could you try to -for example- zip a folder containing two 900 meg files or similar. After that try mrosxnoobs mem test that was posted here a few weeks ago.

I'm really curious about your success.

why don't you just post me that here. I really don't have juice to look thru these 30+ pages...

z Z z Z

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

has anyone tried the update already (10.5.7)?

Greetings

wanky

Already updated to 10.5.7 all kexts work fine,

except the nForceLAN producing an kernel panic but removing

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/nvenet.kext

solved the problem see here .

Just updated to .5.7. Most of the kexts from .5.6 worked just as well with the update. I did use the new chameleon and that helped solve some the misinfo in the profiler. Otherwise, this board seems to like the update. The only real issue is a kernel panic on restart if I don't rebuild the mkext cache after applying any sort of updates. Fortunately, this is nothing serious.

Still using PCIE graphics, so I can't comment on the RAM issue with onboard graphics. I don't really feel like ripping apart my box to test it. Anyone?

Just updated to .5.7. Most of the kexts from .5.6 worked just as well with the update. I did use the new chameleon and that helped solve some the misinfo in the profiler. Otherwise, this board seems to like the update. The only real issue is a kernel panic on restart if I don't rebuild the mkext cache after applying any sort of updates. Fortunately, this is nothing serious.

Still using PCIE graphics, so I can't comment on the RAM issue with onboard graphics. I don't really feel like ripping apart my box to test it. Anyone?

I updated as per the guide in my signature. It booted fine so I grabbed and ran the memtest. My screen turned green then black with a band of noise at the top. After a minute I shutdown the system and yanked the memory back out. I didn't expect it to be fixed. Signal64 and Co. have indicated it is a bad table exported by the BIOS so we'll need a patch to fix it. I read that Chameleon now lets you patch more than just the DSDT so maybe we get a fix.

By the way I tried a USB audo adapter I bought at newegg HERE and it resumes from sleep without issue.

EFI v8 Patched a Clean 10.5.6 disk original from my MacBook (Aluminum Unibody)

Dropped NVkush, AppleSMBIOSEFI, OpenHaltRestart, IntelCPUPMDisabler, HDA889a 10.5.6 fix(HDAEnabler & AppleHDA) into /S*/L*/E*/

Done!

QE CI Audio LAN works out of original files. NO DSDT!!!!!

Remember Don't Need to waste your time to update, patching anything extra.. i.e. DSDT!!!! BIOS!!!! LOL

What happens if PC-EFI v9 is loaded?